Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 11:44   #3976

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
I'd say wait a few days for Dec offer. Octavia should get some discount.
Anyone aware of December offers on Octavia? I have just been told by the dealership that the same offers as November continue. Naive as it may sound, I booked my car (1.4MT Style) a week back, with an understanding that Dec offers will apply in case there are better year end offers before delivery.

This is what I understand about the offers on Style (in Hyderabad, but should apply across the cities as this is from Skoda and not from the dealer).

Cash Discount 90K + Corporate Discount 50K, adding up to 1.4 Lakhs on the on-road price. This, with an assumption that one opts for Skoda Insurance. If one is planning for a different insurance, then the total discount is 1.25 Lakhs.
Old 4th December 2019, 12:03   #3977
BHPian

New offers have not been announced (atleast on the website). Last month all the offers came in 2nd and 3rd week for Rapid/Kodiaq/Superb.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 12:51   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post
Anyone aware of December offers on Octavia? I have just been told by the dealership that the same offers as November continue. Naive as it may sound, I booked my car (1.4MT Style) a week back, with an understanding that Dec offers will apply in case there are better year end offers before delivery.
Did the dealer confirm they will get you 1.4MT Style? Last month I was told Style variant is stopped in both 1.4 and 1.8 engines. The only options I had were L&K and 1.8 Onyx. I went with Onyx. Onyx doesn't come with 90K discount because it is priced less than Style 1.8 by 70K or so. My dealer was Mahavir in Jubilee hills, Hyderabad. If you are going to the same dealer, meet with Sabarinath. I had a good experience with him during my shopping.
Old 4th December 2019, 14:18   #3979

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Did the dealer confirm they will get you 1.4MT Style?
Yes indeed, and I booked as late as 27th. There was a customary 'Welcome' call from Skoda too, and they confirmed Style. I have been seeing Somajiguda since almost May and not a bad experience there either. I was told Style is now available only in White and Quartz Gray.
Old 4th December 2019, 14:27   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnvsagar View Post

This is what I understand about the offers on Style (in Hyderabad, but should apply across the cities as this is from Skoda and not from the dealer).

Cash Discount 90K + Corporate Discount 50K, adding up to 1.4 Lakhs on the on-road price. This, with an assumption that one opts for Skoda Insurance. If one is planning for a different insurance, then the total discount is 1.25 Lakhs.

I'm holding off on my 1.8 L&K purchase looking for better discounts. But the dealership did confirm that the same offers still continue for this month too. They did tell me that till March 2020 we will be getting only MY 19 vehicles and that the next gen will come in only later in the year. I'm not sure if there are going to be any additional discounts. And thinking of booking one now with an option to take delivery in January paying a per the offers available at that time.
1ManShow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:03   #3981

I took delivery of my Black Octavia L & K 1.8 last week finally, after a month and half long wait (Totally worth it.). , Here are some pictures of the magnificent beast. So far loving every minute of the ride.

I would like to thank you folks for helping me out with all the queries regarding the purchase of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car2.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car3.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car4.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car5.jpeg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-car6.jpeg  

773.raviteja is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:13   #3982
BHPian

Congrats! I regret not waiting for my favorite colour Black and went with the white. Black makes car look premium to me specially in evenings/dusk when the light reflects back and the car looks its best. Still awed by my black Santa Fe which looks amazing (the front).
Old 4th December 2019, 15:31   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! I regret not waiting for my favorite colour Black and went with the white. Black makes car look premium to me specially in evenings/dusk when the light reflects back and the car looks its best. Still awed by my black Santa Fe which looks amazing (the front).
I'm going for the maple brown which is actually readily available. I'm having to wait for a month more as funds will be available next month. It can be a boon or a curse as they say the 1.25L is applicable only till this month end. Maybe next month I'll get either more than 1.25L or something lesser than that as discount. Probably more considering this is an outgoing model.
Old 4th December 2019, 22:11   #3984
BHPian

Skoda Octavia RS to make India return at Auto Expo 2020
Only 200 units of the 245hp Euro-spec Skoda Octavia RS will be made available in India next year with the price set to be around the Rs 36 lakh mark.
Read the Full Article at https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...po-2020-415133

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-vrs-octavia.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 773.raviteja View Post
I took delivery of my Black Octavia L & K 1.8 last week finally, after a month and half long wait (Totally worth it.). , Here are some pictures of the magnificent beast. So far loving every minute of the ride.

I would like to thank you folks for helping me out with all the queries regarding the purchase of the car.
Wow ! Looks Good ! Heartiest Congratulations !!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 4th December 2019 at 22:32. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 5th December 2019, 10:22   #3985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post

Wow ! Looks Good ! Heartiest Congratulations !!
Quote:

Thanks Timothy, AnandB. IMO White is a magnificent color too for Octavia. You already have a black car, this will be first one, and hence the choice.
Old 5th December 2019, 11:07   #3986
BHPian

Got the delivery of the Onyx Race Blue this week and the first thing I did was to change the Primea black alloys to Skoda silver ones.
IMHO, the black alloys don't go very well with the blue shade of the car, as against the White and the Red shades.
Big thanks to bhpian Kapil Jolly for swapping his alloys with mine. Equal thanks to Rohan Dheman as well.

The Race Blue colour seems to be a big hit with the ladies and seems to accentuate the beauty and grace of the Octavia.
Tyres were also upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4ST, with the dealer buying back the NCT5.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20191203wa0017.jpg
Almetal is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:14   #3987
BHPian

Hi Folks,
Any news of the style 1.8 Tsi model being made available in the near future ? The interiors do look more luxurious in beige colour.
Old 5th December 2019, 17:58   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Got the delivery of the Onyx Race Blue this week and the first thing I did was to change the Primea black alloys to Skoda silver ones.

Tyres were also upgraded to Michelin Primacy 4ST, with the dealer buying back the NCT5.

Attachment 1942420
Super!

Personally, I'd ditch the mudflaps till the 2020 monsoon strikes as they look a leetle beet uncle'ish .

Then scout out superskoda!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 06:20   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, the black alloys don't go very well with the blue shade of the car, as against the White and the Red shades.
Big thanks to bhpian Kapil Jolly for swapping his alloys with mine. Equal thanks to Rohan Dheman as well.

The Race Blue colour seems to be a big hit with the ladies and seems to accentuate the beauty and grace of the Octavia.

Attachment 1942420

Can you please tell me how much you had to pay for them after the exchange ? Thank you in advance.
Old 6th December 2019, 07:32   #3990
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Beauty. Race Blue is the most fantastic colour option for Octavia. I as well booked Race Blue colour but unfortunately had to settle for White due to unknown waiting period otherwise.
sud is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks