Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 09:33   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Skoda Octavia L&K Edition International variant announced.

Quote:
The Laurin & Klement edition adds a few bells and whistles to the otherwise top-end Skoda Octavia Elegance trim, such as a bespoke interior, bi-xenon headlamps with adaptive front lights system, LED taillights and cornering fog lamps. Illuminated front & rear footwells, brown Alcantara leather upholstery, electrically adjustable and heated driver’s seat, Canton sound system, L&K Cabin logos and stitching and door sill trims complete the interior features.
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditionbadgeingeneva1024x677.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditionbadgeontheinterioringeneva1024x677.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditioncenterconsoleingeneva1024x677.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditiondashboardfullviewingeneva1024x677.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditiondashboardingeneva.jpg

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctavialaurinklementeditionfrontingeneva.jpg

Source: Here
_raVan_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 10:03   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Skoda Octavia L&K Edition International variant.

Now thats rich! And those part leather and part Alcantara seats! just look at the color of the dash, i20-ish? Not a fan of this particular brown, a Tanned brown would have been much better! And the interior has a lot of embelishments, a larger, better Columbus Audio with Maps, headlight switch chrome, dials are different, gets Adaptive Cruise Control and Active Pedestrian Protection, Lane change assist, it has a camera in the front that can read sogn boards and speed limit boards, it also has a Auto park assist helps you automatically park parallel or in a vertical parking bay, the MID in the center of the dials is a Color display with better pixel depth and a smoother transitioning UI. Now all these features are also an option in any damn variant of the Octavia you buy abroad. You can buy an Active Octavia 1.2 TSI, add all these features including a boom-blasting Canton Audio system, and it will still cost less than an actual L&K.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 18:55   #1008
Distinguished - BHPian

Reports suggest Skoda is planning a 280 PS version of the Octy VRS.

Source : http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405147...80-ps---report

280 PS on a FWD?
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 20:06   #1009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

Source : http://www.worldcarfans.com/11405147...80-ps---report

280 PS on a FWD?
That would be the 2.0t in the tune of the Golf R I believe. It would be fun, but the car would need 245 tyres to actually put the power down.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:19   #1010
Senior - BHPian

By the way, I don't think any of the 'actual' VRS versions are going to come here. Only body kits and the regular (not so) 1.8 TSI 180 ps.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:46   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

280 PS on a FWD?
The tyre's would be taking a lot of beating with the 280PS all being sent to the front wheels.

I hope they launch the original vRS version of the Octavia like they did earlier.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:55   #1012
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I hope they launch the original vRS version of the Octavia like they did earlier.
The earlier one wasn't that original either. Abroad it got a 180bhp engine while we got a 150bhp lower tuned one.
Old 15th May 2014, 21:47   #1013
BHPian

Skoda owners please suggest a good service centre, today I took my car for the first free checkup at Tafe access Hosur road and I am not satisfied with the service. Details can be found here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150700
Old 17th May 2014, 13:29   #1014
BHPian

Hey everyone
Long time since last post. But the good news is that I got my silver Elegance TDI DSG Octy earlier and better than I had planned for(had booked Ambition DSG). Have to say it's a fabulous car so far. Congrats to everyone else who has been able to lay hands on it. The complete details will come in a separate ownership thread soon.
Happy driving till then.
Old 17th May 2014, 17:31   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Just taking a guess here.
I think it is just the Power steering motor thats making the noise. Remember the electric PS does not consume power when the car is not being steered. At stand still you can probably hear it prominently because of the lack of other noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
I faced a similar situation in my A6 recently. The noise is from the power steering motor and is fixed simply by adjusting the reach of the steering wheel a couple of mm away from the rear end or the rake one step from either extreme. I do not know the cause of the noise nor have I got it checked at the service station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmonkey View Post
Just saw your message. I get that sound just as I start for the day but the sound is not there while driving. A little surprising that it would be a suspension problem. I simply thought it was the power steering unit starting up in the morning.
Ok guys, after about 2 weeks, Fahrenheit Skoda calls me up today with the news that my cars 'front shocker mounts' have arrived & when would I like to send the car for the job. This is after zero follow up with them since all this time.
This has come a very pleasant surprise to me after all Skoda horror stories I had read & heard. The service centre has been all ears & helpful throughout and calling me to inform that the replacement has arrived has jaded the shock of this issue cropping up at all.
I would suggest all 3rd gen octavia owners on this forum to be on the look out for any anomalies in their front shockers, the 2 year warranty is way too less for comfort.
Old 18th May 2014, 09:05   #1016
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Skoda owners please suggest a good service centre, today I took my car for the first free checkup at Tafe access Hosur road and I am not satisfied with the service. Details can be found here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150700
This has been up for debate for a long time know.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3381404

The opinion was Vinayak was better than Tafe but of late the tables have turned. Fellow moderator Ajmat had a good experience with Vinayak for his old Octavia vRS.
Old 18th May 2014, 09:52   #1017
BHPian

Skoda India cars and their real names

I am doing the research for a friend to choose between the Laura and Octavia and I am aware that Skoda India has changed the names for the cars in India. I think the current Octavia is called Laura worldwide while the current global Octavia has not made it to India yet. What about the discontinued Laura, was it known as Octavia worldwide?

Once I get the names in order, I would start looking at the specs.
Old 18th May 2014, 10:02   #1018
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda India cars and their real names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I am doing the research for a friend to choose between the Laura and Octavia and I am aware that Skoda India has changed the names for the cars in India. I think the current Octavia is called Laura worldwide while the current global Octavia has not made it to India yet. What about the discontinued Laura, was it known as Octavia worldwide?

Once I get the names in order, I would start looking at the specs.
First gen Octavia was called Octavia in India as well as worldwide.

Second gen Octavia was called Octavia world wide but for India renamed to Laura so that they could sell both old and new models. Laura was unique to India and was not used anywhere else.

Third gen Octavia is called Octavia worldwide and even for India they have got back the Octavia name. This is the new Octy based on MQB sold in India from september 2013.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th May 2014 at 10:05.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 10:39   #1019
BHPian

Thanks. So there is no Laura sold in India or elsewhere at the moment?
Old 18th May 2014, 11:15   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia : Official Review

Laura has officially been discontinued few months back. You can check the website for specs, and come back to this thread for queries.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 18th May 2014 at 11:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks