Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-21.html)

Anyone close enough with the sales agent to get an early peek into the rates. With the rates to be disclosed tomorrow, I am sure dealers have got the price list by now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3336017)
Just got off the phone with my sales agent and he said that the Petrol cars will only arrive Feb end and i cannot expect my car (booked in Nov) to be delivered anytime before the 1st week of March. They have received only Diesel cars and do not expect anymore cars in January. Im in such a quandary now ! Sold my car in anticipation and now i won't have my own car until March! Maybe its time to look at the Vento TSI DSG once again.

Wasn't this sort of expected? Its the same everytime with a new car launch that matches people's expectations and is a hot seller. More so with the limited production capabilities of Honda, deliveries are going to take a lot of time. But since you have waited so long, you might probably want to wait a little longer because the VW ownership experience will be a lot different than Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3336017)
Sold my car in anticipation and now i won't have my own car until March! Maybe its time to look at the Vento TSI DSG once again.

I suggest you to wait for Honda City instead of Vento which will be soon get a facelift/revamp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3336102)

Wasn't this sort of expected? Its the same everytime with a new car launch that matches people's expectations and is a hot seller. More so with the limited production capabilities of Honda, deliveries are going to take a lot of time. But since you have waited so long, you might probably want to wait a little longer because the VW ownership experience will be a lot different than Honda.

Went and saw the car this afternoon in the dealers stockyard and came out quite pleased. The seats are super comfortable, I want everyone to sit inside to feel how soft and cushiony they are. Overall the car looks like an evolution/facelift and not a new car. Still not complaining. Its got the typical roominess honda is famous for and I have now decided to wait for the March delivery. Owned a Honda and VW in the past and I dont believe VW scores badly on the service angle. They have been very good. The dq 200 dsg is what one has to worry about.

So i saw every spec of the new city at the dealers godown and here are a few pointers-

All cars get the beige/grey/black combination interior.
The lower spec cars get a grey grill and not the chrome grill
shark fin antenna missing on the lower spec cars
The manual AC controls are a lot nicer than the present city, they are chunkier.

Motoroids have confirmed, through an official invite sent to them, that the launch of the new 2014 Honda City will be happening on 8th January, and not on the 7th, as previously reported.

Name:  xnewhondacityindialaunch.png.pagespeed.ic.y77gwr0B0j.png
Views: 5383
Size:  13.3 KB

SOURCE - http://www.motoroids.com/news/confir...nch-january-8/

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3337000)
Motoroids have confirmed, through an official invite sent to them, that the launch of the new 2014 Honda City will be happening on 8th January, and not on the 7th, as previously reported.

My dealer says that the launch will indeed by tomorrow, ie, 7th, at around 11:30AM.
They have just called me up and confirmed this and have also said that TDs will be given from tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3337000)

That's strange. I just got a call from my dealer inviting me to the launch (at the dealership) at noon tomorrow.

Magnum Honda in Bangalore have a Launch event tomorrow at 4PM.
The Sales Executive told that the vehicle will be available for Test drive after the event.
Below is the invite that they have sent today afternoon for all the people who have made a booking.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-honda-city-launch.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 3337013)
That's strange. I just got a call from my dealer inviting me to the launch (at the dealership) at noon tomorrow.

Same here. My dealers called me to attend it tomorrow and formalize my booking my filing in the variant and color choice.

Yes , got a call from my SA as well.He informed me that the launch is tomorrow and by afternoon he will have all the details regarding OTR and any other details that I would be interested in.

cheers,
pdma.

Even i have got an invite through email and phone call from Arya Honda Prabhadevi for attending the launch event tomorrow at 13.00 hours. The email confirms that the diesel car will be available for test drive post the launch.

I personally dont like the chunky chrome grill, it looks little old and classic. love the interiors and fit and finish. hope it breaks the verna's sales and its sibling amaze

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 3336046)
Anyone close enough with the sales agent to get an early peek into the rates. With the rates to be disclosed tomorrow, I am sure dealers have got the price list by now!

VX P @ INR 12.5 OTR BLR

Quote:

Originally Posted by pats (Post 3337098)
Even i have got an invite through email and phone call from Arya Honda Prabhadevi for attending the launch event tomorrow at 13.00 hours. The email confirms that the diesel car will be available for test drive post the launch.

Apex Honda in Sion told me that I wouldn't be able to test drive the car tomorrow as the test drive cars would be coming in 3-4 days. Looks like Arya Honda gets preferential treatment!