Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 11:02   #4516
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi experts. looking for some guidance. Searched through threads and found this to be the most apt thread to post this.
I have a 2012 iVTEC. About 6 months ago, i found a small spot on my windshield. It was not a crack but more like some stone hitting the windshield while trailing a truck sort of.
Spoke to my service assistant and he said its nothing to worry as small stones coming with high velocity creates a small puncture on the windshield is common.
Today when i was washing have notice a couple of more smaller crack spots.
Is this reason enough to worry? Can anything of this sort occur due to cabin heating? sometimes its extremely hot and when parked under these conditions the air in the cabin will be very hot.
Any suggestions or tips would be highly grateful. attaching a couple of pictures.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2197.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_2198.jpg
Old 31st December 2015, 11:36   #4517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Can anything of this sort occur due to cabin heating? sometimes its extremely hot and when parked under these conditions the air in the cabin will be very hot. Any suggestions or tips would be highly grateful. attaching a couple of pictures.
Looks like a superficial scratch rather than chip. Such minor scratches are quite common owing to our road conditions. Scratches / chips are caused by impact of small stones / sand particles stuck with wiper blades but not due to heat. If the scratches doesn't hinder your visibility you need not worry about them.

On a related note, check this DIY windscreen repair thread.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 14:55   #4518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Any suggestions or tips would be highly grateful. attaching a couple of pictures.
From what I can make out of these pics, they look like small chips to me. They don't cause because of heat but because of external impact (stones may be). There is not much to worry about unless it hampers your visibility specially at night.

Long time back, when my dad had a Santro, it was parked on a street and some welding works were going on in a house nearby. When my dad got back to his car, he found this type of small chip marks all over the windshield because of those welding sparks landed on the glass. We took the car to a Hyundai service center and they gave us some rubber kind of material. All they did was wipe the rubber type material with water and most of those marks were gone. I still don't know what it was so I take this opportunity to ask fellows bhpians if anybody have any idea of what it could be.

P.S. Sorry to hijack your question.

Last edited by Carpainter : 31st December 2015 at 14:57.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 15:36   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I still don't know what it was so I take this opportunity to ask fellows bhpians if anybody have any idea of what it could be.
Those must be slivers of slag, which is the molten waste produced during arc welding. It is hot enough to melt the glass to certain depth. Rubbing the splatter with a gummy substance or polish removes the burn marks but the pitted defects stay.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 18:57   #4520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Those must be slivers of slag, which is the molten waste produced during arc welding. It is hot enough to melt the glass to certain depth. Rubbing the splatter with a gummy substance or polish removes the burn marks but the pitted defects stay.
Could be the case. But that rubbery thing did a really good job. Although I must say some spots were there but it removed almost 90% of them. Wish I could manage to get more info on that but this I'm talking during 1999-00 and I was a kid back then. It's really irritating to see spots on windshield.
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:54   #4521
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help.
My city 2012 collided with an other car a couple of days ago.
Doesn't look like major damage but the radiator is leaking. It's not an oil leak and my car started overheating and the temperature logo started popping up a day later. So it's probably the radiator (ac leak shouldn't overheat the car right).
How much should it cost me to replace the radiator. I don't trust the Honda guys to give me a reasonable estimate based on past experience
Old 2nd January 2016, 09:35   #4522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Hi guys, need some help.
My city 2012 collided with an other car a couple of days ago.
Doesn't look like major damage but the radiator is leaking. It's not an oil leak and my car started overheating and the temperature logo started popping up a day later. So it's probably the radiator (ac leak shouldn't overheat the car right).
How much should it cost me to replace the radiator. I don't trust the Honda guys to give me a reasonable estimate based on past experience
We'll, if your Ac is working then the Ac condenser is not damaged. But the radiator could be, though it sits behind the condenser, but a right dent in the right place and angle could do the trick. And if the radiator is leaking and coolant levels have dived, then your car will overheat and if you don't fix it then you might blow your head gasket. But a good symptom to be sure is to remember if there was a lot of steam emanating from under the bonnet when you crashed the beauty. If so, it's a radiator leak for sure. Please treat her(the i-vtec) well.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd January 2016 at 10:05. Reason: Quote correction.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:06   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
We'll, if your Ac is working then the Ac condenser is not damaged. But the radiator could be, though it sits behind the condenser, but a right dent in the right place and angle could do the trick. And if the radiator is leaking and coolant levels have dived, then your car will overheat and if you don't fix it then you might blow your head gasket. But a good symptom to be sure is to remember if there was a lot of steam emanating from under the bonnet when you crashed the beauty. If so, it's a radiator leak for sure. Please treat her(the i-vtec) well.
Thanks. There was steam coming out indeed. So I will need to replace the radiator. They're saying 10k for radiator. Condenser could be another 10 k etc. This is Whitefield Honda. Do we have a price listing online of the parts?
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:29   #4524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
They're saying 10k for radiator. Condenser could be another 10 k etc. This is Whitefield Honda. Do we have a price listing online of the parts?
Dunno about parts listing. I don't think Honda has it anywhere. Prices seem ok though. The radiator quote seems a bit on higher side. Automatic transmision radiators are costlier, mind you. All the best.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 12:20   #4525
BHPian

I have posted a query for alloy selection on a Honda city under its specific thread. If someone can please answer in terms of technical Yeah or Nah's that will be helpful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3883879

Thanks

Last edited by TMRT : 5th January 2016 at 12:22.
Old 5th January 2016, 22:56   #4526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
I have posted a query for alloy selection on a Honda city under its specific thread. If someone can please answer in terms of technical Yeah or Nah's that will be helpful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3883879

Thanks
Mobilio alloy would fit the city. Both are 4 hole, 100pcd, 5.5J.
Old 6th January 2016, 10:14   #4527
BHPian

I apologise if this isn't the right forum for this.

I wanted to learn if there is anyway I can use CarPlay on my Honda City 2014 SV CVT? I know I might have to install an interactive display.

Does anybody have any clue on this?

Thanks in advance.

Rakesh
Old 6th January 2016, 22:31   #4528
mxh
BHPian

I purchased a Honda City S - VTEC and the car is a few months old now. I wanted to shed some light on some of the things in this car that might not have been covered earlier:
1. No second reversing light - in the 'S' model. There is not enough light while reversing! People always notice the single reversing light and tell me one is busted. Took up the issue with Honda 121 twice and they forwarded it to the dealership who says they cannot install 2nd reversing light even at a charge, since the required wiring harness is missing!
2. Ordered painted mud flaps as an accessory along with the car the dealership itself. However after receiving the car, I realized that they haven't fitted a full mudflap. It's just the last dangling bit which is painted and it's not attached to the wheel well like the other models!
3. There's no case provided for the tools in the boot, like in the Jazz. They jump around the boot and make noise. I wrapped them in some huge plastic to reduce the noise
4. Car developed a nasty rattle from the dashboard area since my recent outstation trip
5. Mileage has been 8.1-8.7 km/l since the second service. On the highway I got 14.1 km/l. Total Km done is around 2500
6. Rear windows sometimes mysteriously refuse to go up
7. Engine performance and acceleration are amazing but it's a pain to drive in heavy traffic since Honda has set the car to auto accelerate (guess to prevent knocking) especially in gears 1-3 you can reach 35 km/h without ever pressing the accelerator.
8. Sound insulation is below par, fortunately the VTEC sounds great but the other vehicles' sounds like autos and buses can be clearly heard inside the car with the windows rolled up

Accessories I've installed so far:
1. OBD II bluetooth scanner
2. Michelin XM2 tyres
3. OEM Mudflaps and all matting (by the way, don't make the mistake of installing these from the showroom; they are really poor quality)
4. OEM seat covers
5. Genuine leather steering cover - stitched on, this is of amazing quality
Old 7th January 2016, 00:42   #4529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
No second reversing light - in the 'S' model. There is not enough light while reversing! People always notice the single reversing light and tell me one is busted. Took up the issue with Honda 121 twice and they forwarded it to the dealership who says they cannot install 2nd reversing light even at a charge, since the required wiring harness is missing!
I never knew this! After reading you post, I checked my car and yes, the V model has 2 reversing lights
Quote:
There's no case provided for the tools in the boot, like in the Jazz. They jump around the boot and make noise. I wrapped them in some huge plastic to reduce the noise
This is odd. The tools come in a rexine pouch. Its not much but something is better than nothing. And yes, it is enough to keep the tools from rattling.
Quote:
Car developed a nasty rattle from the dashboard area since my recent outstation trip
Std Gen4 City issue. It plagues just about every car and is very irritating. The rattle will appear, disappear and reappear at its own will. Get used to it.
Quote:
Mileage has been 8.1-8.7 km/l since the second service. On the highway I got 14.1 km/l. Total Km done is around 2500
Mileage can vary significantly with fuel quality. Change your fuel bunk and then see. My Jazz, for comparison's sake, gives around 13kmpl in Delhi traffic. It runs on 205/60R15 rubber.
Quote:
Rear windows sometimes mysteriously refuse to go up
I have observed this with my City too. Haven't been able to replicate it during service though.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 08:46   #4530
BHPian

Yet another version of ANHC making headlines; 2016 Facelift.

"The City Facelift could make its India debut at the upcoming Delhi Auto Expo 2016 in February and give a fierce competition to Maruti Suzuki Ciaz"

http://gaadiwaadi.com/2016-honda-cit...o-expo-101152/

Hope it's not just diesel as the article states:

"and could largely resemble the China-spec model spotted a few months ago. It's been almost two years since the diesel engine powered City graced the Indian scenes."

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks