Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2014, 22:22   #3016
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
1. Drove home my Silver Queen today as planned.
Congratulations !! .

Quote:

(a) I took over the car with odo reading only 3.4 kms whereas some people have reported almost a three digit figure showing in the odo prior to delivery. Just wondering how is so much of a difference possible?

(c) I was told by the sales person that there would be approximately 6-8 litres of petrol in the tank. But I decided to go for a full tank straightaway. In the auto cut mode, I could fill 38.01 litres. Was it an incorrect judgement by the sales guy or some error at the filling station?
Dont worry the Odo reading usually depends on the distance from the stockyard to the dealership as well and in some states the car needs to be properly registered before it is delivery to the customer. Hence the up & down to the RTO also counts and adds to the overall reading.

Regarding the fuel tank capacity , this is not the first case where folks on the forum have reported discrepancies when getting a tank up for the first time. I would suggest you check for the actually when the second tank up is done which will clarify all the doubts.

Quote:
(d) During filling of the documents, The sales guy was insisting that I go in for an add on insurance cover for hydrostatic lock. When I asked him what it actually meant, he said that it was for some damage to the sump from debris damage etc. When I asked him that hydrostatic lock had nothing to do with damage to sump (courtesy knowledge gained in this forum) and that it was not much of a problem for the petrol engines due to the position of the air intake, he did not press on with it. But why is Honda Assure providing an additional cover for hydrostatic lock?
Looks like the additional cover is being provided as an add on on other cars as well (at least from what I read) hence nothing much to worry.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 00:22   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
(d) During filling of the documents, The sales guy was insisting that I go in for an add on insurance cover for hydrostatic lock. When I asked him what it actually meant, he said that it was for some damage to the sump from debris damage etc. When I asked him that hydrostatic lock had nothing to do with damage to sump (courtesy knowledge gained in this forum) and that it was not much of a problem for the petrol engines due to the position of the air intake, he did not press on with it. But why is Honda Assure providing an additional cover for hydrostatic lock?
Hydrolocking can happen to any engine if water finds its way inside. Its just that diesel engines can suffer some serious damage leading to really expensive repairs.

Hydrolock is a very real risk considering the super-excellent drainage systems that most of our cities and suburbs have. And this is not covered under warranty or insurance, not even zero dep. If your car drowns, you pay every single penny they demand to get it running again. So if Honda Assure is offering hydrolock cover, I'd like to know more about it the next time my car's insurance is up for renewal.
Old 20th October 2014, 04:15   #3018
Team-BHP Support

Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
But why is Honda Assure providing an additional cover for hydrostatic lock?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rolocking.html

Honda recently introduced the additional component. I would take that if I were in your place. The additional premium amounts to nothing significant. It is mainly for iDTec engines but no harm in taking for others as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th October 2014 at 04:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 07:06   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
1. Drove home my Silver Queen today as planned. :
If it isn't too much trouble, can you post it on "I booked my car" thread as well.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th October 2014 at 07:39. Reason: typo
Old 20th October 2014, 08:07   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurnoor_singh View Post
Congrats!!
A beauty indeed.
82 kms from Bathinda, I assume you are from Faridkot?
Yes, I am staying at Faridkot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post
If it isn't too much trouble, can you post it on "I booked my car" thread as well.
I can do that but two issues : firstly anybody can access the post here as well. secondly, it might get deleted due to duplicacy
Old 20th October 2014, 13:24   #3021
BHPian

Getting AUTOFORM seat covers in the range from 5500/- to 8000/- and 3D mats from 900/- to 1200/- from OM CAR ACCESSORIES in Chandigarh. The rates seem pretty reasonable to me. Anybody tried from the same place or any suggestions/ advice?
Old 20th October 2014, 14:09   #3022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Well the only major issue I had before the servicing was the grinding noise. Had the Service advisor listen to noise first thing as soon as I reached the Service Center. He did acknowledge the issue and assured to take care of that.

When the final invoice was shown to me for the payment, it said 'Engine Noise checked and Found OK'. This got me all agitated and asked for the service advisor who checked the engine noise.

Finally, they could not locate him as it was lunch time. Then I asked another service advisor to accompany me and told him that I am not going to make the payment till I am convinced that the sound is gone. Went through some checks after running the engine for some time and found that the grinding sound was not there. Asked him what they had done and they informed that the had cleaned the drive belt and stuff like that. I said I will watch for some time and if required be back.

Drove almost 15 Kms from the service center to my house and after parking the vehicle kept it idling. Didn't hear that grinding noise as such. Keeping the fingers crossed.
Mods: Sorry about Quoting my own text. I could not find the edit option. Also, felt appropriate to have a new post for this too as this is an update on the previous post.

Like I guessed; this was a temporary fix to the problem on saturday. Today morning when I drove the car to office, out of curiosity kept the engine running and came out of my car. The grinding noise was back. Immediately called up the ASC guys and took my car to them. The ASC guys had sprayed some silicon spray (as informed by them). I had to tell them that this is a commonly reported problem with the new Honda City and the usual dialogue "we haven't had any case of this". I ended up telling them, that half of the Honda City owners would never know that such a sound is coming from their engine.

I explained them that some of the people have had the drive belt changed to get rid of this issue. Again as usual the ASC guys "Let us check, we will run the diagnosis and see what the exact problem is".

I was almost at the tipping point of my patience and about to tell them that they should stop treating customers like illiterates in terms of cars. Some people actually do know what they are talking about when explaining to the ASC guys. (All thanks to Team-BHP)

Currently the car is with the ASC and waiting to hear from them.
Old 20th October 2014, 15:36   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Mods: Sorry about Quoting my own text. I could not find the edit option. Also, felt appropriate to have a new post for this too as this is an update on the previous post.

Like I guessed; this was a temporary fix to the problem on saturday. Today morning when I drove the car to office, out of curiosity kept the engine running and came out of my car. The grinding noise was back. Immediately called up the ASC guys and took my car to them. The ASC guys had sprayed some silicon spray (as informed by them). I had to tell them that this is a commonly reported problem with the new Honda City and the usual dialogue "we haven't had any case of this". I ended up telling them, that half of the Honda City owners would never know that such a sound is coming from their engine.

I explained them that some of the people have had the drive belt changed to get rid of this issue. Again as usual the ASC guys "Let us check, we will run the diagnosis and see what the exact problem is".

I was almost at the tipping point of my patience and about to tell them that they should stop treating customers like illiterates in terms of cars. Some people actually do know what they are talking about when explaining to the ASC guys. (All thanks to Team-BHP)

Currently the car is with the ASC and waiting to hear from them.

Hey Tejas,

I had a similar issue in my car. It was resolved after they changed engine idler bearing. I have driven more than 3000 kms after that and it never cropped up again.

Insist on changing the bearing to fix the problem. I think this is the only solution as far as i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
feroz_009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 20:19   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Just have a look at the defective door checker of my Empress, as compared with a normal, brand-new door checker:

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141011_102423.jpg

New one on top,

Factory-fitted (defective) one on bottom.

Amusing thing is, even after changing this part with a brand-new one (under warranty), the issue of the driver-door window-glass remained. The Honda technicians had to (finally) do a jugaad after tinkering around for a long time. The issue, which had been plaguing me for more than 4 months, has finally been solved (not temporarily, I hope).

Details:

Problem - Ownership Report
Solution - Ownership Report
List of Problems so far - Ownership Report

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th October 2014 at 20:20.
Old 20th October 2014, 20:35   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post
Hey Tejas,

I had a similar issue in my car. It was resolved after they changed engine idler bearing. I have driven more than 3000 kms after that and it never cropped up again.

Insist on changing the bearing to fix the problem. I think this is the only solution as far as i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
The ASC guys actually changed the Drive belt today and have asked me to keep a watch for the sound for the next 2-3 days. After that they would initiate the formalities with Honda for the part replacement.

They did not mention anything about the bearing. Lets see for the next 2-3 days. Based on the discussions that I had seen over here it was an issue with the drive belt.

I know there are a few other members who have reported this problem. Can some other members shed some light on whether their problem is resolved or not?
Old 20th October 2014, 21:31   #3026
BHPian

Guys, an update from my end. My car has reached and I'll be going for the PDI tomorrow and planning to take delivery on the Diwali day,23rd. Hope everything goes fine. Wish me luck 😊
On the issue about upgrading the Tyres,I shot a mail to honda regarding warranty issues if I go for upgrade and they replied that they don't recommend any upgrades or replacing the factory fitted equipments with some different parts. The mail mentioned that honda does extensive trials and testings and nothing is required to upgrade the Tyres as it would lead to dip in mileage as well. Nothing was mentioned regarding the warranty however. My dealer contacted me later as they had got a mail from honda regarding my query as well and after speaking with some officials he was of the opinion that it's better not to go for upgrade as the chance of void of warranty will be more in case of a calamity if you have replaced the stock tyre.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 20th October 2014, 22:59   #3027
Senior - BHPian

@Dockk - that's great. Happy Diwali for you indeed . You can always upgrade when the stock tyres run out. That's what I am gonna do. If I remember right the suspension warranty is anyways for 40k and that's how much tyres might run.
Old 21st October 2014, 07:11   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You can always upgrade when the stock tyres run out. That's what I am gonna do. If I remember right the suspension warranty is anyways for 40k and that's how much tyres might run.

Yes, that seems to be the best option to me too!! Any advice on other essential accessories for the 'V'?

Old 21st October 2014, 07:34   #3029
BHPian

Hey finally got delivery of my car a few weeks back haven't been able to drive it much as I have been out of town. My first preference was silver but I got a white which was my second preference. I've noticed the paint quality on the bumpers is not great. All the city's I've seen have chipped paint on the bumpers which reveal the base black plastic. I'll upload an image soon
Old 21st October 2014, 12:04   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
Guys, an update from my end. My car has reached and I'll be going for the PDI tomorrow and planning to take delivery on the Diwali day,23rd. Hope everything goes fine. Wish me luck 😊

All the Very Best. This Diwali is going to be more special for you. Also it is not a good idea to change the tyres with a worried mind. As far as I know a replaced tyre like Primacy 3S might give a bit lesser road noise. It is not worth the worry that bothers one about a warranty clause. I am quite happy with the Stock MRF tyres and I too am planning for a change only after the stock tyres wear out.

Most Viewed