Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2014, 13:16   #3031

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Hi Guys.
I have received the VIN number for my Honda City VMT iVTEC. It says that the car was manufactured in September 2014. Hope that shouldn't be a problem? Because I booked the car on Sep 8th 2014.
I will be taking delivery on October 25th (Saturday).
Thanks in advance.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:39   #3032
BHPian

Purchased seat covers and foot mats from Om Car Accessories, Chandigarh today. Total cost including other accessories was Rs 9250.00 Details are as given :
Autoform Seat Covers - 7500/- including fitting charges (with 2 yrs warranty)
3D foot mats 5 pieces - 1150/-
Other miscellaneous accessories like mobile charger, mobile stand, deodoriser, Formula 1 Car Polish and Dashboard Polish - 650/-
(Including a discount of 460/-)
I have nothing to do with the shop but strongly recommend it to fellow Bhpians as its a value for money shop. The co-owner Saurav takes personal interest in guiding you through your requirements. The guy who does seat covers (Pradeep) has huge experience and takes lot of care in fitting them. Overall, a highly satisfying experience. Will be posting pics soon.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 16:33   #3033
BHPian

Did PDI for my car today. The car looked good, did not find any issues. The odo read 22 kms. Lucky enough to get Michellins as stock tyres 😊
Have gone for 3M under body coating, body cover and high security number plate. Parking sensor and floor mats dealer is providing free(had to use all my bargaining and negotiation skills!!)
One query to all friends on the forum: is Teflon coating required? Dealer was advising for the same but I said no. Should I go for it?
DoctorKK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 19:50   #3034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorKK View Post
I have spoken to my dealer on several occasions and to different people in the dealership regarding void of warranty if I upgrade Tyres. Every time dealer has clearly told me that there would be no warranty issues. I am seriously considering an upgrade to 195, would welcome any other info on this.

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Hi All,

I did upgrade my Honda City VX I-dtec first thing when out of the showroom. I did share this at the honda workshop as well and they are indifferent about it. They do not consider this as an issue. The ride and the GC has considerably improved. I am loving every mile of it.
Alive2Drive is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 22:02   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
Did PDI for my car today. The car looked good, did not find any issues. The odo read 22 kms. Lucky enough to get Michellins as stock tyres 😊
Have gone for 3M under body coating, body cover and high security number plate. Parking sensor and floor mats dealer is providing free(had to use all my bargaining and negotiation skills!!)
One query to all friends on the forum: is Teflon coating required? Dealer was advising for the same but I said no. Should I go for it?
Hi doc, congrats on your buy.
Even i got my City shod with Michelins, but does that make much of a difference given that both are of the same rating. Though I hardly get to or burn rubber, I felt the ride with stock Michelin tyres was good enough.
Even I got the teflon coating done as what most dealers are providing as teflon coating is a mere car polish with 3M car care compound (I even read the bottle from which he was applying it). Hence, I guess no harm.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:15   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go for Teflon coating. It's not worth the money. Instead go for a normal wax treatment. If you're so particular about a protective coating go for a Cquartz treatment. It's a costlier option at about 8000 bucks but definitely a good one.

Ask any good accessory shop and they will not recommend a Teflon coating for a new car. I was told by a car accessory dealer in TVM, to do the coating after 1 year only.

But anyway it's your decision finally
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:27   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Good you got Michelin. No need to upgrade now.

Do not under any circumstance go for Teflon coating. It spoils the paint surface. You can Google it to know how it has harmed people's car.
Rather go for what Adarsh suggested. CQUARTZ is the best in detailing and you will be fine for a year at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Hi doc, congrats on your buy.
Even i got my City shod with Michelins, but does that make much of a difference given that both are of the same rating. Though I hardly get to or burn rubber, I felt the ride with stock Michelin tyres was good enough.
Even I got the teflon coating done as what most dealers are providing as teflon coating is a mere car polish with 3M car care compound (I even read the bottle from which he was applying it). Hence, I guess no harm.
Stock Michelin are good enough for me and I am a spirited driver who does a lot of cornering.
Like is said Teflon coating should not be done on any car. Good for you it was only compounding he did which isn't Teflon coating.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 18:02   #3038
BHPian

Thanks Adarsh and Harry. Have decided against the Teflon coating. Will enquire about the cquartz treatment suggested by you. Any advice regarding scuff plates? It's available on eBay for 1299/- What price is ok if I buy from outside vendors( which will include fitting charges as well)?

Old 22nd October 2014, 23:55   #3039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The ASC guys actually changed the Drive belt today and have asked me to keep a watch for the sound for the next 2-3 days. After that they would initiate the formalities with Honda for the part replacement.

They did not mention anything about the bearing. Lets see for the next 2-3 days. Based on the discussions that I had seen over here it was an issue with the drive belt.

I know there are a few other members who have reported this problem. Can some other members shed some light on whether their problem is resolved or not?
During first service I got the grinding noise fixed. The part they replaced are Alternator Idler Pulley and Pulley Comp Idler.

During Second service I got the knocking sound/rattling sound coming from clutch assembly resolved. The spare part which they replaced under warranty was Pressure Disk and Disk COMP FRICTION.
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141020-22.14.08.jpg
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141020-22.16.25.jpg

OTHER Issues so far:
1) Dashboard / door rattles on bad roads - Yet to be resolved
2) Gear shift Hard (from 1st to 2nd / 3rd to 2nd) - was addressed in 3rd service and now its intermittent.
3) Severe Lower back pain on long drives - I think my sitting posture is not right which is leading to this. I am sitting quiet low and I do have a history of cervical spine problem. Is anyone else facing this?

Rest all is awesome, Michelin p3st are superb, I am loving every single mile.
During a short drive of 50 kms in city (with not much traffic) got an average of 16.1 kmpl
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-20141022-02.00.59.jpg
feroz_009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:35   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
3D foot mats 5 pieces - 1150/-
Other miscellaneous accessories like mobile charger, mobile stand, deodoriser, Formula 1 Car Polish and Dashboard Polish - 650/-
(Including a discount of 460/-)
3D foot mat for 1150 is dam cheap, are you really talking about 3D mats. I heard its around 6500 INR for 3D mats of Maxspider

Can you please post some photos of the foot mat
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:47   #3041
BHPian

Hello friends. Spent 15 days with my ANHC, driven 1400 km. Done first service. Here's my experience... The car is a gem. Got upto 18.5 kmpl. I think it's decent for a CVT. Amazing driving experience. Now the niggles...
There are some rattling sounds from door sides and dash, showed that during the first service. Was told it's normal(?). And that it should be left alone till it gets annoyingly loud. There are some vibrations when hearing high bass notes (eg. U2 songs). haven't upgraded the system on my SV CVT yet. Bluetooth worked fine earlier on my note2, but now its choppy after the latest firmware update on my phone.
My car started wobbling when I crossed 80 kmph for the first time after 1000 km running in. Checked with the alignment at a trusted mechanic, the left front side was out of alignment and he said its the first time he noticed such bad alignment on a new car. I have driving extensively on the expressway, so that was a bit of a let down.
knight.rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:38   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroz_009 View Post

3) Severe Lower back pain on long drives - I think my sitting posture is not right which is leading to this. I am sitting quiet low and I do have a history of cervical spine problem. Is anyone else facing this?

Attachment 1301824

I too have experienced lower back pain while on long drives out of the city and I donot have any back issues. I think it stems from Honda having used too soft materials underneath the leather. This doesnot give the firm back support that one needs, specially on long drives.

Finally, I had to order Amron backrest (car version) before I ventured out to Shimla last, and I'm extremely happy with the results.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:51   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I too have experienced lower back pain while on long drives out of the city and I donot have any back issues. I think it stems from Honda having used too soft materials underneath the leather. This doesnot give the firm back support that one needs, specially on long drives.

Finally, I had to order Amron backrest (car version) before I ventured out to Shimla last, and I'm extremely happy with the results.
I have recently driven to and from Chandigarh covering a total distance of 550kms. But fortunately, since I had to drive around 85 kms from showroom to residence, after first 30 odd kms, I too felt little strained on lower back. Got the seat height and reach adjusted and no back pains at all..try it. Maybe it will help. The seat though soft and comfortable, I felt little stiffness would have helped.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:54   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adarsh and Harry. Have decided against the Teflon coating. Will enquire about the cquartz treatment suggested by you. Any advice regarding scuff plates? It's available on eBay for 1299/- What price is ok if I buy from outside vendors( which will include fitting charges as well)?

Those scuff plates are good and pure Vfm. I have them since the first day with no issues till now. If you want you can check them in my ownership thread.
Fitting will be charged as couple of hundred bucks that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post

I haven't experienced anything like this cos I haven't done more than 2.30 hours drive at a stretch. But I do have Cervical so to be on the safe side can you post a pic of that Amaron backrest and also from where you bought it. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:24   #3045
BHPian

Quote:

Cquartz is available in TVM. Address and phone number below:

Travancore Auto Spa
Address: Maruthunkuzhi Kachani Rd, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695030
Phone:094974 54647

But need to make sure they're giving the correct treatment.

Most Viewed