Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2014, 10:38   #3181

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Dear BHPians.,

I booked a Taffeta White Honda City VX CVT on Nov 10 at Magnum Honda. The dealer says that I can expect the car only in Jan/Feb time frame . Is 3 to 4 month a universal waiting time all over India? I saw that Honda has now added second shift at the new plant in Rajastan. What is the story in other parts and other dealers.?
Old 13th November 2014, 11:08   #3182
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatto63 View Post
You could email Honda at
'Customer Relations'<customer_relations@hondacarindia.com>
Thank you chatto63. I am sending a complaint straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
If the smell is coming through AC vents, please check if you have something inside the glove box causing the smell. Cleaning the dust and pollen filter would also remove the smell. But have it done by the service center..
This smell is not from the AC vents. It appears to be from the seat fabric. This was there right from the beginning. Dealer admitted to the problem during my second service, and attempted to clean up the interiors. It had subsided then, and resurfaced now.

Quote:
If your variant is VX, then the leather seat covers will cause a stuffy smell for a few days.
Mine is SV, so not related to leather seats.

Thanks for your suggestions, adarsh76.
Old 13th November 2014, 12:31   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Now my next concern is the head light bulbs. Which brand and specification do you suggest for an upgrade? I would prefer a white light rather than those weird blue colored lights.

I had looked upon two brands, the Osram Night Brightness & the Philips Express vision. These are of the same specification as the stock bulbs. The Osram bulbs are pretty expensive but wouldn't mind if they are good.

How about the HID Conversion kit and the projector headlights? Anybody who have any knowledge on these please advice.

Thanks & regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Hi Drkannant,

Congratulations and welcome to Honda City Club . HID conversion has lots of warranty issues involved if it requires altering existing wiring and another issue is excess power to be managed by the existing Head Light assembly. The experience by people in the forum indicates that ASS does not approve HID kits. Bulbs with Temperature Spec of 5000K will give White light and above that it turns bluish.

Any bulbs with same spec - no issues. All the best.
I am using Philips Extreme Vision for Low beams. Its only been a couple of weeks till now and not much of night driving. But there is a considerable difference from the stock bulbs.

With regards to HID kits, I'd like to differ from Seran Manian.

I discussed in detail with the ASS and aftermarket people on HID kits and did a lot of research on them too. ASS too offer the HID kit installation. The HID kit brand offered is P4 6000K. As per me 4300K is the best colour option.

With regards to modification of the headlight casing or wiring for HID kit. No Modifications required. Both the ASS and the Aftermarket dealers confirmed this and I double-checked it myself with the HID kit box and connections on the car.

With regards to HID kits needing additional power, it is not at all true. It requires lesser power than the stock bulbs. In fact, a majority of the HID kits are 35W and stock bulbs are 55 / 60W.

The main purpose of the HID kit ballast is to reduce the voltage going to the as these bulbs, which practically means less power being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM97 View Post
Dear BHPians.,

I booked a Taffeta White Honda City VX CVT on Nov 10 at Magnum Honda. The dealer says that I can expect the car only in Jan/Feb time frame . Is 3 to 4 month a universal waiting time all over India? I saw that Honda has now added second shift at the new plant in Rajastan. What is the story in other parts and other dealers.?
VX CVTs are a long wait here in Mumbai too. What last I know is a waiting period of over 6 months.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 12:41   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
I am using Philips Extreme Vision for Low beams. With regards to HID kits, I'd like to differ from Seran Manian.
Thanks for correcting me Tejas08. In fact I was implying Lamps with higher power only (than the stock 50/55w). If the HID installation is done with bulbs of right power and with out any electrical modification, then ASS should have no say on that. You are right. Thanks again.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 14:06   #3185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
It requires lesser power than the stock bulbs. In fact, a majority of the HID kits are 35W and stock bulbs are 55 / 60W.

The main purpose of the HID kit ballast is to reduce the voltage going to the as these bulbs, which practically means less power being used.
Yes, HIDs are far more efficient.

The ballast need to jack up the voltage to a few KV for the discharge, and also limit the current. In addition they also have to provide the ignition (about 23-35kV).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 14:19   #3186
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article today.

Drive home a Honda City sooner than expected, as waiting period reduces

http://m.cartrade.com/car-bike-news/...es-126073.html
Old 13th November 2014, 14:27   #3187
Senior - BHPian

@tejas- Did you buy it locally or from any website?
Which is the reliable website to buy Philips extreme vision bulb?
Old 13th November 2014, 18:28   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Yes, HIDs are far more efficient.

The ballast need to jack up the voltage to a few KV for the discharge, and also limit the current. In addition they also have to provide the ignition (about 23-35kV).
The Ballast are resistor-type right, which help them in jacking up the KV for the discharge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I got those from a local shop. H11 in Extreme Vision. are a little hard to find at times, so had to look at 3-4 different shops. I would recommend buying from a local shop so that you can check up the bulbs there itself.
Old 13th November 2014, 21:04   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I ordered from www.powerbulbs.com and they were delivered in about 7 days time. They offer a 1 year replacement warranty as well. I have now replaced the stock bulbs with the Osram NBUs for Low Beam. Will add a report with photos on my ownership thread soon
Old 13th November 2014, 22:00   #3190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkannant View Post
Hi,

Thank you Sumit, Jesrani & Shreyan for your advice on the tyre upgrade. Now my next concern is the head light bulbs. Which brand and specification do you suggest for an upgrade? I would prefer a white light rather than those weird blue colored lights.

I had looked upon two brands, the Osram Night Brightness & the Philips Express vision. These are of the same specification as the stock bulbs. The Osram bulbs are pretty expensive but wouldn't mind if they are good.

How about the HID Conversion kit and the projector headlights? Anybody who have any knowledge on these please advice.

Thanks & regards.
I am using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for the high beam, low beam and fogs are stock. They sure are expensive buy offer a decent improvement over the stock high beam which was pathetic to say the least.

From what I know, projectors are used for low beams in the stock setup of cars like XUV and Fortuner and Rapid and Octavia. The high beam is simple halogen. As I found the low beam to be adequate, I did not bother about them.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 13th November 2014 at 22:02.
Old 14th November 2014, 09:26   #3191
BHPian

I'm planning to get Bosch wipers soon after my final service is over this month end. The stock wipers are constantly producing lines while wiping. Once cleaned, the lines will disappear for a few days, but again comes back.

Bosch wipers are now available for 2014 City. Costs around 350 rupees. Any comments on Bosch wipers? Are there any other better ones?
Old 14th November 2014, 11:54   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I am using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for the high beam, low beam and fogs are stock. They sure are expensive buy offer a decent improvement over the stock high beam which was pathetic to say the least.
So you are saying nightbreakers are good for high beams because xtreme vision shows no improvement in high beams.
And I also feel the stock fogs have no throw, the corner lighting is good though.
Old 14th November 2014, 12:19   #3193
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Were there any NCAP crash tests done on the India version of the Honda City? I am not sure if the Indian city needs further modifications to meet the new safety norms expected in March 2015. As a potential buyer in early 2015, I will be pissed off if Honda makes significant changes to the car after my purchase to meet the new norms.
Bumping this question. Can anyone throw light on NCAP tests on the Indian City? Any educates guessed on how the Indian version of the City would fare
Old 14th November 2014, 15:02   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to get Bosch wipers soon after my final service is over this month end. The stock wipers are constantly producing lines while wiping. Once cleaned, the lines will disappear for a few days, but again comes back.

Bosch wipers are now available for 2014 City. Costs around 350 rupees. Any comments on Bosch wipers? Are there any other better ones?

I am using Bosch wipers for my swift,they do a good job. May last for a couple of rainy seasons. The last time I used these wipers,they were horrible and I had to get them replaced in a season. The current ones are working well. Why don't you go for the hydrophobic coating for the windscreen which will prevent such scratch marks? Have given my car for the same,will be getting it back tomorrow . Hope it works out well!!
Old 14th November 2014, 15:44   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Received the Osram NBUs H11 Bulbs today from PowerBulbs - will try fitting it this weekend and provide a report. Is there any article on T-BHP that shows how to change the headlights? Is it Do It Yourself or should I head to the nearest dealer? Thanks in Advance for the guidance
Have you fitted them? How do they perform with respect to the stock bulbs in the areas of illumination and throw? I would love to see the pictures of illumination by both if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I am using the same bulbs, HB3 for the high beam, bought from Powerbulbs!

I installed them myself. The procedure for changing the bulbs is mentioned in the manual, complete with pictures to guide you. It hardly takes 10 minutes and all you need is a screwdriver.
I think your decision to stick with Osram Hb3-NBUs was a good one. How do NBU/HB3 perform for High beam requirements?
I hope Osram H3 - NBUs cost almost double of Philips X-treme Vision HB3 ones. My worry is that NBUs have a minimum life of 110 Hrs and Hours for 63% failure as 210 Hrs. that worries me. Philips has 200 and 400 Hrs as per spec. But when the Philips X-treme vision HB3s don't perform better than stock ones what is the point in going for them?

Most Viewed