Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-425.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_vijay12 (Post 4559432)
Folks, looking to buy a used Honda city CVT. Had come across a June 2014 Manufactured , July registered car here in Bangalore with a second owner ran 40k kms, asking 7.5L

As the car is from 2014, it means that it is from the initial batch of the 4th generation Honda City. One of my relatives own a Honda City since March 2014 and the car has been largely trouble free except one or two rattles here and there but the built quality isn't that great when compared with the previous generation City.
Also, you should negotiate a bit because the seller is second owner.

Quote:

Can you guys please advice on how to proceed / negotiate. How/where to get the car checked? Appreciate your support. Thanks
Get the car checked from the Honda Authorised Service Centre and also check the service history of the car very carefully. Don't forget to check for any accidental damage just to be on the safe side.

After checking with 4 different dealers across Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon and with some negotiations I got following quotes for Honda City ZX CVT: 15.4 Lakh, 15.0 Lakh, 14.97 Lakh, 14.90 Lakh (on road price minus Insurance). Insurance will be done by my company.

With 14.05 Lakh ex-showroom as standard, the cheapest quote is around 12.95 Lakh i.e. discount of INR 1.10 Lakh.

Add to that 10K accessories free.

Anyone on this thread who bought ZX CVT in recent times, can you please confirm if this is a good discount?

All are pretty close to each other so I think 14.90 should be good enough.

Need a feedback for CVT::
A known of me said he bought CVT to ensure his left leg doesn't get injured due to clutch in Delhi traffic. But now he said with CVT its the other leg that is facing same issue In heavy traffic he has keep his foot on brake. Can someone tell me if it is ok to keep switching the lever between D and N mode to keep car still without having to put load on right leg by pressing brake all the time.

Color:
I know colour is individual's choice but still need some guidance. I am confused between Modern Steel and Golden Brown. My wife doesn't like white, I don't want to repeat silver as my Santro is silver and none of us want red. Anyone having these colors can you please share pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4560187)

Anyone on this thread who bought ZX CVT in recent times, can you please confirm if this is a good discount?

All are pretty close to each other so I think 14.90 should be good enough.

Need a feedback for CVT::

Color:

That's an excellent discount you've got, Lakwontsing! IIRC, We bought our ZX CVT for 16.7 lakhs on road (Bangalore) back in September 2017. Although Bangalore has higher prices, you're still getting a good discount from your dealer + 10k worth of accessories (we got nil:/). 14.9 OTR is a very good price!

Coming to the CVT, if you're at a red light for a very short span of time, it's better to keep it in D. However, if it's a long red light, shifting to N would be the better choice ( and take your foot off the brake pedal). My dad, who uses the City, shifts to N during long waits and stays in D if it's a short span of time that the car is going to be stationary for.

When we bought our City, our colour options were White, Carnelian Red Pearl and Modern steel metallic. I wanted a white City with a black roof + all chrome wrapped in black. But, white was taken off the list because our XUV is white, red was out too because our Ikon was red, and I've seen a few red City's with faded paints in Bangalore! The Modern steel metallic is a new shade (replacing the Urban Titanium) and also looks similar to the Urban Titanium we had on our Crv. The family liked it, and we chose the Modern steel metallic. Here are pictures of my City, the last picture shows my CRV in Urban Titanium ( the shade that the modern steel replaced).

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_1874.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_1875.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_1400.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_1401.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_1532.jpeg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_0782.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prathiiik (Post 4560199)
Coming to the CVT, if you're at a red light for a very short span of time, it's better to keep it in D. However, if it's a long red light, shifting to N would be the better choice ( and take your foot off the brake pedal). My dad, who uses the City, shifts to N during long waits and stays in D if it's a short span of time that the car is going to be stationary for.

This helps. But I am just apprehensive of Delhi/NCR's notorious stop start traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prathiiik (Post 4560199)
Here are pictures of my City, the last picture shows my CRV in Urban Titanium ( the shade that the modern steel replaced).

Thanks a ton. This helps a lot. Saw this shade in showroom but they had all those ceiling lights making it shine like anything. Real pictures like yours help. I think I will go ahead with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4560267)
Saw this shade in showroom but they had all those ceiling lights making it shine like anything. Real pictures like yours help. I think I will go ahead with this.

Wife’s cousin has this colour Honda City, and it looks so cool. But you need to understand once thing about these dark colours that they require higher maintenance. Scratches, swirls etc. will be more visible on darker colours. Lighter shades like white, silver etc. require very less maintenance, but in my opinion looks boring on cars. So take the decision based on ‘less maintenance and boring looks’ or ‘higher maintenance and smashing looks’ (my personal opinion) stupid:

After several months of test drives, research and negotiations, looks like my search for a new car has finally come to an end. Got a cool INR 1.4 lakhs off the sticker price on the City V VTEC manual, and that includes the Honda Assure insurance.

Meaning, in other words , that if I take insurance through my own channels, my on road price reduces by a total of INR 1.6 lakhs :D. March and December are indeed the best times for a car hunt. And yes, INR 10,000 worth of accessories, 4th and 5th year extended warranty and 4 years of roadside assistance are all thrown in to sweeten the deal.

All that is left is to do the PDI of the car itself and give the OK for registration!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4560298)
After several months of test drives, research and negotiations, looks like my search for a new car has finally come to an end. Got a cool INR 1.4 lakhs off the sticker price on the City V VTEC manual, and that includes the Honda Assure insurance.

Congratulations. A small correction, it’s i-vtec now (vtec is history) on Honda City. What is your choice of colour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavi (Post 4560300)
Congratulations. A small correction, it’s i-vtec now (vtec is history) on Honda City. What is your choice of colour?

Thanks! Yes indeed it is the iVTEC, and not VTEC. Booked the white but then thought better of it, because it started looking boring and staid after I booked. Started getting buyer's remorse, and went ahead and changed it today to modern steel metallic. :) Higher on maintenance but nothing that periodic polish sessions and detailing cannot address.

Quote:

With 14.05 Lakh ex-showroom as standard, the cheapest quote is around 12.95 Lakh i.e. discount of INR 1.10 Lakh. Add to that 10K accessories free.A known of me said he bought CVT to ensure his left leg doesn't get injured due to clutch in Delhi traffic. But now he said with CVT its the other leg that is facing same issue In heavy traffic he has keep his foot on brake. Can someone tell me if it is ok to keep switching the lever between D and N mode to keep car still without having to put load on right leg by pressing brake all the time.

Those are some great discounts: finally Honda is feeling the heat! CVT is a joy in the urban environs. Keep in N and pull up the hand brake in order to increase life of brake pads at long traffic stops. Brake pads tend to wear out faster in automatic cars. I've had the car for close to 2 years and have no regrets.

Quote:

Meaning, in other words , that if I take insurance through my own channels, my on road price reduces by a total of INR 1.6 lakhs :D. March and December are indeed the best times for a car hunt. And yes, INR 10,000 worth of accessories, 4th and 5th year extended warranty and 4 years of roadside assistance are all thrown in to sweeten the deal.

All that is left is to do the PDI of the car itself and give the OK for registration!

arindambasu13, I am jealous.
1.4 lakh discount and warranty and road assistance added too? Noooooo.

I just signed the deal few minutes before I saw your message. 1.15 lakh discount on ZX CVT. No road side assistance and extended warranty for me. What is this man? I am feeling like :deadhorse

Just kidding man. Congratulations :)

By the way, which colour did you choose?

Sorry to ask this silly question, but is it 2019 model?

Quote:

months of.. negotiations... Got a cool INR 1.4 lakhs off the sticker price on the City V VTEC manual, and that includes the Honda Assure insurance.
...., INR 10,000 worth of accessories, 4th and 5th year extended warranty and 4 years of roadside assistance are all thrown in to sweeten the deal.

You must be having expert negotiation skills to secure such a great deal:) that too in Bangalore! Congratulations on your purchase.

Back when the 4th gen diesel City was newly launched, the salesman was like 'no sir Honda does not give any discounts. It is not allowed (??!!)' Ended up getting zero discount, no freebies, no nothing except for a small box of chocolates and had to pay for the mats too :Frustrati
I guess it all depends on having patience, showing no hurry to purchase, timing of purchase, checking for deals with multiple dealers rather than one.

The salesman came to my place last night to initiate the paperwork for deal. He said all the discounts in 1.10 lakh except insurance are from dealers margin and he is selling the car only for 2000 profit. I thought he is talking non sense. Then he showed me something where he sold 25 cars to a corporate and made only 2.5 lakh overall profit. He said, to create and maintain relationship with corporates sometimes dealers sell cars in loss too. I am still not sure though.

After reading arindambasu13's deal I sent message to this guy that he needs to do something for me too. He said he will call me today. I will try to squeeze something more out of it :D. If not extended warranty then RSA atleast.

Regarding color he suggested going against golden brown and said modern steel is better. So all pointers from here and there finally made me book the Modern Steel.

Regarding PDI, he said I can go to stock yard and select any car. He said he needs to send the chassis number details to my company ahead of time for insurance so PDI at the time of delivery won't make sense. Now this is where I am kind of feeling tied up. My colleague also got car from here so confidence factor is there but still...

Quote:

With 14.05 Lakh ex-showroom as standard, the cheapest quote is around 12.95 Lakh i.e. discount of INR 1.10 Lakh.

Quote:

Meaning, in other words , that if I take insurance through my own channels, my on road price reduces by a total of INR 1.6 lakhs :D.

Wow! Are you guys getting these offers for 2019 manufactured vehicles? When I enquired about V-CVT last month (in BLR), the offers I got were nowhere close to what you guys have managed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 4560486)
Wow! Are you guys getting these offers for 2019 manufactured vehicles? When I enquired about V-CVT last month (in BLR), the offers I got were nowhere close to what you guys have managed.

Yes. I am getting it for 2019 model.
14.05 Lakhs is the price of 2019 ZX-CVT model. For 2018, I believe it was 13.80 Lakhs.

But hats off to our friend here who has pulled off something really awesome - 1.4 Lakh discount + RSA + Extended Warranty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 4560486)
Wow! Are you guys getting these offers for 2019 manufactured vehicles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4560494)
Yes. I am getting it for 2019 model.
14.05 Lakhs is the price of 2019 ZX-CVT model. For 2018, I believe it was 13.80 Lakhs.

Yes this is a Feb 2019 manufactured model that I am referring to. In my specific case, the negotiations went on for a really long time, to the tune of several months, since I was in no hurry to purchase. In fact somewhere along the line I kind of lost interest and stopped the test drives and enquiries. So it has been a bit of a roller coaster ride, this whole purchase process. But given the impending financial year end, I thought it would be the best time to pull the trigger on the purchase. As luck would have it, dealerships are also in a benevolent frame of mind this month :D

Don't want to jinx it,however. I am yet to see the vehicle in the flesh for PDI. Scheduled to do that over the course of this week. Hopefully that will get done without any issues, touchwood. One point to note however- I have not enquired about the CVT versions at all since I was clear that I wanted a manual. So I'm not sure if the same discount would apply to automatic variants.