Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-429.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569070)

I didn't expect 200-300 cars in the yard and seeing most of those laden with dust was shocking :eek:. Many were 2-3-4 months old.

Finally got to see the City models that got unloaded a day before. I had finalized Modern Steel Metallic but when I had a look at Golden Brown and Steel side by side, I found Golden Brown much better.

I hope someone here can share experience with this color.

I have a couple of questions:
1. In above few posts some of you said you up-sized the tyres. I will be getting 185 but wish to make it 195. Can someone share how much drop in mileage can be expected? Not sure how this works. Do tyre dealers buy the new stock tyres and give new tyres with only small dent to the wallet?

2. GC of 165 mm for City is measured from which point. Googled it and some say it is the lowest point underneath the car and some say from lower point on tyre where axle is attached. Can anyone help with this?

I don't think you will feel much of difference in a 10 mm upsize (185mm to 195mm). I on the other hand will be upgrading from the 175s to 195s, there would be a noticeable difference in this case. Yes, tyre dealers will buy back the stock tires and sell you new tires after you have paid the difference between the price of the new tires and the price of the stock tires.

I was similarly taken aback at the amount of dust in the stockyard, tons of dust on brand new cars! I did a similar comparison of the colours, and found the modern steel metallic to be much better looking and sleeker than the greenish-brown golden colour.:D Hence, the MSM beauty came into my garage this weekend. Both these colours would require regular maintenance to retain the gloss though.

Not sure of the ground clearance measurement point, but in my experience so far (driven around 200 kms), broken roads and humps in Bangalore were handled with consummate ease.

Taking it easy on the engine thus far, till the run in period, but that motor is super delicious and creamy. Here is a pic of the beauty on the delivery day.

Loving every moment driving the City, especially each time I think about the killer deal that I managed to get :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569070)
1. In above few posts some of you said you up-sized the tyres. I will be getting 185 but wish to make it 195. Can someone share how much drop in mileage can be expected? Not sure how this works. Do tyre dealers buy the new stock tyres and give new tyres with only small dent to the wallet?

No measurable drop in mileage if you with good brands like Michelin. Yes, if you exchange the new tires before they touch about 100 or 150 kms, the Tire Dealers buy it back for a very good amount.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569070)
The day of owning Honda City is coming nearer. Possibly coming Sunday.

Good Luck, hope to join your bandwagon soon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569070)
Finally got to see the City models that got unloaded a day before.

Hope you noted the VIN number and confirmed that the 9th and 10th digits are CK (C- March and K-2019) to ensure that your's is freshly unloaded.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569070)
1. In above few posts some of you said you up-sized the tyres. I will be getting 185 but wish to make it 195.

Since you already have 185 wide tyres, IMHO, there is no need to change. You don't have to take my word for it, here is our resident tyre expert Nikhil answering a similar question:https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4368454


While at it, suggest you read a couple of more posts around the above one for getting a good context, for example:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4369622

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569145)
Here is a pic of the beauty on the delivery day.

Loving every moment driving the City, especially each time I think about the killer deal that I managed to get :D

City Beautiful :)
Now enjoy it and stop talking about the "killer deal" as it starts making me feel jealous all over again! :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 4569231)
Hope you noted the VIN number and confirmed that the 9th and 10th digits are CK (C- March and K-2019) to ensure that your's is freshly unloaded.

Since you already have 185 wide tyres, IMHO, there is no need to change.

Thanks @Su-47. I just checked the code and its manufacturing is Feb 2019. The digits are B and K. I believe that's fine as long as it is 2019.
After going through the posts you shared, I have dropped the idea of broad tyres. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569254)
City Beautiful :)
Now enjoy it and stop talking about the "killer deal" as it starts making me feel jealous all over again! :mad:



Thanks @Su-47. I just checked the code and its manufacturing is Feb 2019. The digits are B and K. I believe that's fine as long as it is 2019.

Yes, you should be absolutely fine with a Feb manufactured car. In fact when I took delivery the Honda dealership did not even have March manufactured stock and they were clear that the negotiated price was applicable to the Feb manufactured cars only. I was fine since the car allotted was otherwise mint fresh and flawless. It's a BK series car as well.

Congrats and do post pics once you bring her home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569145)
......Loving every moment driving the City, especially each time I think about the killer deal that I managed to get :D


Now that you've mentioned it, do your mind sharing the total discount you got on the car? Some of us will use that as cue for our negotiations..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakwontsing (Post 4569254)
just checked the code and its manufacturing is Feb 2019. The digits are B and K. I believe that's fine as long as it is 2019.
....I have dropped the idea of broad tyres

Yep, Feb 2019 is fine. Btw, remember that 5k Tanishq voucher? With money saved on tyres, it's time to put it to good use clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569145)
Loving every moment driving the City, especially each time I think about the killer deal that I managed to get :D

Congratulations on the new car. Wish you a wonderful ownership :thumbs up

BTW did you get it from dakshin Honda on Hosur road by any chance this last Sunday? It was a V variant and a lady drove it out of the showroom. There was a kid as well on the back seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 4569418)
Now that you've mentioned it, do your mind sharing the total discount you got on the car? Some of us will use that as cue for our negotiations..

I had already replied to your post on the New Car Price Check thread. However, reproducing my reply here for benefit of all:

I got an on road discount of close to rupees 1.4 lakhs on V MT petrol, with extended warranty of five years and 10k worth of accessories, plus 4 years of roadside assistance package. February 2019 manufactured vehicle. Valid for March purchases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4569456)
Congratulations on the new car. Wish you a wonderful ownership :thumbs up

BTW did you get it from dakshin Honda on Hosur road by any chance this last Sunday?

Thanks Soumen. :)Nope that wasn't me, I drove it out of the showroom myself last Thursday, and there was no kid at the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569510)
I got an on road discount of close to rupees 1.4 lakhs on V MT petrol, with extended warranty of five years and 10k worth of accessories, plus 4 years of roadside assistance package. February 2019 manufactured vehicle. Valid for March purchases.

Damn, did you get it at gun-point or something ?lol:

Was it Dakshin on hosur road? Reason for asking is am in conversation with them since March last week and I was offered around 65-70k off on Jazz CVT. Planning to book one this month end. Would help me in negotiating a sweet deal.

:OT As it is , Jazz is anyways an overpriced car for the segment but with discounts in range of 70k+ it does sound like a better deal than Elite i20 CVT(with an inferior engine-autobox combo) wherein they are barely giving any discounts. Elite i20 Asta(O)CVT is 11L+ & sprotz+ AT is 10+ in bangalore. With discounts Jazz is actually a good 50k cheaper now variant to variant. Is it VFM at this price?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoumenD (Post 4569539)
Damn, did you get it at gun-point or something ?lol:

Was it Dakshin on hosur road? Reason for asking is am in conversation with them since March last week and I was offered around 65-70k off on Jazz CVT. Planning to book one this month end. Would help me in negotiating a sweet deal.

I negotiated with both Magnum Honda (Kanakpura Road) as well as Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road, and ultimately got a slightly sweeter deal from Magnum Honda. So I went with them, though the deal from Dakshin Honda wasn't too bad either- in fact, both were very close. No gunpoint negotiations, only civil discussions but exhibiting a clear intention to buy quickly. :D

My negotiations went on for more than a month, and my car buying search started way back in November of 2018, finally crystallising in March 2019! Reason? Well, December and March are the two best months for purchasing a new vehicle, since both months are years ends (calendar year and financial year end respectively). Consequently, dealers (especially for segments which are slightly slower sellers, like C2 sedans) are ready with sweet deals to entice customers. I must also tell you that the deals I got in December for 2018 cars were less sweet than the deal I got in March for 2019 cars. Financial year end is really when dealers are under pressure to clear inventory and show sales on their books.

I undertook the simple exercise of pitting quotes from Dakshin against Magnum, and both were all too ready to match and better the offer extended by the other. You should do the same, and even though Dakshin is closer to your place, do also give Magnum Honda a try. I can put in a word to my sales guy at Magnum, in case you are interested, and can share his contact too. By the way, another member got almost an identical deal on a City after speaking to the SA I dealt with, within days of my booking.

INR 65-70 k is actually a pretty good discount on a hatchback, but then, you can pressure them a little further. Problem is, its a new financial year now, and they might be slightly less amendable to bending backwards to get sales done. No, harm in trying though. The Jazz is a good value for money buy, what with the oodles of space, classy interiors and huge glasshouse for great visibility. The engine is nice and free revving too- I have the same 1.2 iVTEC on the Brio at home.

Requesting members with City CVT to post their City and Highway FE numbers with AC on. Also, please mention the city you are driving the car. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569510)
I had already replied to your post on the New Car Price Check thread. However, reproducing my reply here for benefit of all:

I got an on road discount of close to rupees 1.4 lakhs on V MT petrol, with extended warranty of five years and 10k worth of accessories, plus 4 years of roadside assistance package. February 2019 manufactured vehicle. Valid for March purchases.



Thanks Soumen. :)Nope that wasn't me, I drove it out of the showroom myself last Thursday, and there was no kid at the back.


Hey, missed it. Been doing research all throughout, and got a little too enthusiastic I guess.

Congrats on your new ride. V is the most VFM variant according to me..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Su-47 (Post 4569451)
Yep, Feb 2019 is fine. Btw, remember that 5k Tanishq voucher? With money saved on tyres, it's time to put it to good use clap:

With delivery getting delayed due to my office people, the voucher gift is gone. It was a carrot shown by dealer so that I take delivery in March. Not sure if I will get it now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4569609)
By the way, another member got almost an identical deal on a City after speaking to the SA I dealt with, within days of my booking.

With arindambasu13 help picked up a V petrol for my uncle at the same deal he got. Only difference is decided to take the Honda insurance for my uncle's peace of mind.

Booking to delivery took 4 days and was as seamless as possible through Dakshin Honda.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:37.