Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-484.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5622842)
I have been filling at Indian Oil filling stations for some years now but am experiencing a drop in FE in the past year or so (filled at various Indian Oil stations, not just one). I have now tried BPCL for the past one month or so and to my surprise the FE seems to be slightly better. Not sure if this is attibutable to different % of ethanol mixed in the oil in IOCL and BPCL? I am not sure upto what % biofuel mix can the 4th Gen Honda City of 2014 take? Any experiences and thoughts around it are welcome.

Same observation, I generally fill at COCO indian Oil near phoenix mall bangalore, but last couple months i was getting around 8.5 kmpl rather than usual 10.x kmpl.
Switched to Hindustan petrolium near my home and now FE is back to original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5615779)
Hi, I am in Bangalore and I had my dashboard rattle fixed at Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road.

I am facing the same issue of the rattling sound from the dashboard, behind the glove box. It sounds like it is coming from the AC blower motor, but I highly doubt that. Could you tell me what was really the issue with the rattling sound in your car so Ivan get the issue fixed quickly.

Also has anyone here faced an issue with the cruise control system not engaging? The cruise main comes on but I can't set it at any speed whatsoever. Solutions?

My 2017 honda city ZX idtec has completed 1 lac kms recently. I had recently got the hard clutch replaced at Honda ASS. As part of long term maintenance I had the coolant flushed and replaced and Intercooler cleaned. I had the axle boot ruptured so it was repaired at an FNG. I also got the link rod replaced as those were weak. I think my FE has dropped a bit and I get 15-16 kmpl in city and around 19 on highways. Based on their experience can anyone provide input on long term maintenance checklist for city idtec for e.g. suspension overhauling, EGR cleaning, timing chain replacement etc I need to lookout for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 (Post 5006409)
Turned out the driver seat belt tends to entangle the boot release switch in the cabin and kept opening the boot. I had random times when the boot opened up random when braking or riding over rough patches.

This has been happening often when my wife takes the car out. Any hack/solve for this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by creative420 (Post 5644317)
This has been happening often when my wife takes the car out. Any hack/solve for this?

The problem is the seat belt spring weakens if used regularly and the seat belt will not retract and the loose hanging belt gets entangled with the boot release lever. First I had thought the boot lock was defective, but later discovered it was the seat belt. Sadly the service center knew about the problem and mislead me by saying that they had fixed the boot issue, i believe they were trying to delay so that the base warranty lapses so they can charge for replacement of the part.

I discovered the truth just a few months before the lapse of base warranty but The service center still asked me to replace the seat belt to resolve the issue at full cost (Noida) and was denied warranty, it felt wasteful to pay for a low quality part which will become defective again. I planned for a new car and decided to use it as a beater car, the seat belt spring recovered its strength with occasional use but more more problems have emerged making it unfit even use as a beater.

Hey everyone,

Quick suggestion required, we have a 2009 Honda City Automatic model up for sale, with 90,000 KM on the odometer. The seller is asking for 3.75 Lakhs. It's been owned by a single individual and seems to have been taken care of. What are your thoughts? Do you think it's a good deal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pravint (Post 5623516)
Same observation, I generally fill at COCO indian Oil near phoenix mall bangalore, but last couple months i was getting around 8.5 kmpl rather than usual 10.x kmpl.
Switched to Hindustan petrolium near my home and now FE is back to original.

I have experimented at different bunks now but BPCL seems to be giving better mileage than the others on my 2014 City.

I am seeing low levels of coolant on my City, without any evidence of leakage. What tests or remedy do people suggest on this forum.

2014: Honda City iDTEC Diesel - "Water in Fuel Indicator" showing

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-1700571248398.jpg

Today while driving back from work, the "Water in Fuel Indicator" started to show up. I drove a few kms (4 kms) as I was near to home and car is parked at home now.

I checked the Manual and was able to find this:
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-filterwarning.png

Want to understand from the experts on this forum on two aspects:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 5665818)

Spoke to the SA @Magnum Honda who said its OK to drive and bring the car to the Service Center. Drove to Magnum Honda - the Light it did not come on during my drive to the Service Center.

The SA looked at it and said - if it does not come again then maybe no action required. Got a Gatepass done and started back. After driving some 5 kms - the Light came on again - so did a U-Turn and went back to the Service Center.

This time the SA kept the vehicle. They did some diagnostics and cleaned the filter and put it back and returned the vehicle after doing a 15 km trial run. So hopefully issue is resolved.

In my latest visit to Honda Service, I noticed that Honda has started sourcing its engine oil from Tide Water Oil company, India and 9 of the 10 barrels in the service station in the specific service station in Bangalore that I went to had Tide barrels (only one was Idemitsu). So looks like Honda has has moved away from its old trusted Japanese supplier Idemitsu for sourcing fully synthetic engine oil in order to optimise on costs. 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_8274.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 5665818)

Attachment 2533888

Today while driving back from work, the "Water in Fuel Indicator" started to show up. I drove a few kms (4 kms) as I was near to home and car is parked at home now.

I checked the Manual and was able to find this:
Attachment 2533889

Want to understand from the experts on this forum on two aspects:
  • Is it safe to drive to the ASC which is around 6 kms away with this light glowing or should I opt for some Road Side Assistance towing to get there?
  • How urgent is this in case I do not start the car - can I wait till weekend to take the car to service center or should this be done as soon as possible?

Even I too faced this similar problem on my 2014 Honda City just after it got serviced in July. The problem was fixed by my ASC and the problem in my case was wiper water cap wasn't fixed properly by the ASC.

Honestly speaking, it's not much of an issue.

Meanwhile, my folks got the 170k Kms service done on our City iDTEC today, and as per my mom, who is using the car in my absence (moved to US in the month of Aug), the car was suffering from few issues like overheating, which happened due to busted fan motors (ordered the part and will receive it in a week as per my SA), clutch became hard as the present set of clutch has run 1,05,000 Kms, which is decent I feel (got the clutch replaced in 2019 when the car's odo was at 72k Kms).

The odo of the car as of today is 1,77,700 Kms.

It's been more than 6 years since we bought this car and happy with the car but with increasing expenses, I feel its time to replace the car as it is close to 10 years old (bought used in 2017 when the odo was at 35k Kms and ran more than 140k Kms in almost 6.5 years).

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5667952)
In my latest visit to Honda Service, I noticed that Honda has started sourcing its engine oil from Tide Water Oil company

Could Honda be sourcing their oil from two different vendors? Hyundai does it, they source from both Servo and Shell. Maybe Honda does too - with Idemitsu and Tide Water Oil. Did you check with the SA if this was the case? Or have they completely replaced Idemitsu?

I think Tide Water Oil is the same company that manufactures Veedol and IIRC, they source their base oils from petroleum PSUs.

Which service centre was this in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhananjay_Desai (Post 5668559)
Could Honda be sourcing their oil from two different vendors? Hyundai does it, they source from both Servo and Shell. Maybe Honda does too - with Idemitsu and Tide Water Oil. Did you check with the SA if this was the case? Or have they completely replaced Idemitsu?

I think Tide Water Oil is the same company that manufactures Veedol and IIRC, they source their base oils from petroleum PSUs.

Which service centre was this in Bangalore?

Yes, they said both Idemitsu and Tide (owner of Veedol brand) are both approved suppliers for Honda now but as I mentioned I could see 9 drums of Tide and only one of Idemitsu which I assumed could be because of price differential between the two. Tide is a part of the govt owned Andrew Yule company.

I had been to Dakshin Honda on Hosur road.

Hi BHPians,

I own a Honda City IDtec (V) 2015. Have done 60K+ on the Odo as my local commutes have reduced and road trips have become far and few. Planning to keep her for as long as i can.

I wanted to check if the Diesel engine needs servicing twice or once a year should do. Honda has been insisting this and other than one service in COVID , I have been following a regular.

Considering all new Honda Cars need just one visit, how logical is this requirement?