Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-480.html)

I am looking to replace the head unit in my 2018 VX City as it has developed a bubble and is kind of useless now. I want it to have Carplay and I would prefer it to support OEM reverse parking camera and have an option for front camera too (this is not too important). Can you guys suggest something?

I recently replaced the stock head unit of my city zx with a pioneer 5450. It's a recent launch having wireless carplay and Android auto. Working seamlessly since almost 8 months now. Do check it out. For further queries u may DM me

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhrai (Post 5492930)
I am looking to replace the head unit in my 2018 VX City as it has developed a bubble and is kind of useless now. I want it to have Carplay and I would prefer it to support OEM reverse parking camera and have an option for front camera too (this is not too important). Can you guys suggest something?

Hi Saurabh, I just replaced the head unit on my VX CVT 2014 Last month and am quite happy with it. I used a Pioneer unit and plugged it to a Blaupunkt camera with moving guidelines. Please see link below for the details of the Pioneer unit.
https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-ent...s/dmh-a4450bt/

It costed me 23k totally including labour. BTW, you can continue using the Honda reverse camera but you need to route it through a purpose built adapter. There’s no provision to plug in a front camera though I would have loved to have one without spending more than 1.5K for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhrai (Post 5492930)

using sony xav8100 with dedicated frame for city. So far no issues till date. The sound quality is much better compared to the stock system. Comes with apple carplay and android auto, although wired. The stock camera can be activated with an adapter which costs 3000 approx. I’ve gone for dhc AHD camera which just costs half of the adapter and far better in terms of clarity, especially at night. Btw there’s no option for front camera in the system. So far happy with the purchase :)

Several City owners from my group faced similar issue, inquired about getting it repaired from local shop but it costs a lot. No point in spending so much for it. Its better to go for aftermarket units.

[quote=saurabhrai;5485556] Anyone else faced it too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhrai (Post 5485556)
I noticed a bubble kind of growing inside my '18 City. It just appeared one fine day as a small bubble similar to that of air trapped inside tempered glass and it has been kept growing in size. If you will notice there is glue leaked out at the bottom of the glass too. Got it checked at the nearest SVC, they told me that it cannot be covered under warranty and can only be replaced if needed. Anyone else faced it too?

Attachment 2412048

This can be solved by removing the screen protector inside which the bubbles are formed. Just by using a sim ejector tool in the corners, it can be removed easily.

Cruise control Issue on my 2015 Honda City V MT petrol.

I was out for work and when I returned last month I realised that the cruise control doesn't engage upon pressing the 'Set'. The Cruise Main switches on and light comes on. My family was using the car for short weekend drives and they confirmed that the issue occurred couple months ago when they tried using it. From the Google search I've done, the general answer is a blown fuse. So I referred to the user manual but nothing mentioning the location of cruise control fuse. I also checked if it's an issue with brake sensor and that works fine.

Request members to suggest if they know the exact location of the fuse or a solution for this, I don't want to go to the service centre for something as simple as a 10 bucks fuse.

I drive a 2014 Honda City. Considering the 2 years we all lost to Covid, the car hasn't run for a lot of years. So far, it has been an excellent city vehicle for me, so that I never had to think of moving on. As I am relatively free now, started exploring options for an upgrade to another car. SUVs is what I am interested in right now. I have checked out Jeep Compass, MG Hector, Harrier and Safari, and have realized that all good variants of these cost upwards of 30 Lakh. What on earth is happening to new car prices? :)

With that awakening, I have sort of decided to continue to use my beloved Honda City for a few more years. I am still using the stock car seats. Will get a new set of leather seats done. I am keen on finding out what others have added in terms of accessories - especially related to cameras, visibility, instrument cluster and anything else like that.

From an affordability point of view, I might as well invest a small amount in upgrading the interiors of my vehicle now, and use it for 3 to 4 years more, rather than spending 30L for a new SUV.

Quote:

From an affordability point of view, I might as well invest a small amount in upgrading the interiors of my vehicle now, and use it for 3 to 4 years more, rather than spending 30L for a new SUV.
@Geo - reading your post it felt as if I was going over my own thoughts. A couple of things that I’ve done recently to my 2014 4th Gen City:
1) Upsized the tyres and replaced stock ones with Yokohama Earth.
2) Installed a Wolfbox t10 Dual Channel Mirror Dashcam.

I have a driver on my car now so really needed the Dashcam for precautions. Also, I wanted a better solution for night time glares in the rear view mirror hence the Mirror Dashcam.

Apart from these, in the future I may also look for Seat cover upgrades.

Other than that the car should be good for another 3-4 years. :thumbs up

Pls suggest good front brake pads for city apart from OE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raviganatra1981 (Post 5508096)
@Geo - reading your post it felt as if I was going over my own thoughts.

Thanks Raviganatra. I have done some leather addition to my car. Details here

Would like to see some photos of your Mirror Dashcam setup, if you have shared it anywhere.

Left side lower arm bush is torn, is it a good idea to just replace the bush set?
The mechanic did not recommend changing the bush, he suggested to replace the whole control arm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5457379)
A couple of things that I’ve done recently to my 2014 4th Gen City:
1) Upsized the tyres and replaced stock ones with Yokohama Earth.

I upsized the tyres on my 2014 City VX CVT to Yokohama Earth1 in 2018 but am not very happy with the tyres. I had Michelin XM1 as my original tyres but the Yokohamas seem to be "puncture magnets" to me. Their treads are also broader which makes stones get embedded in them. I have not driven my City much in the past 3 years but the tyres despite me being a stickler for maintaining correct pressures turn up getting more punctures than my other cars with other tyres. So, in a nutshell, not very happy with my experience on my Yokohama E1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo (Post 5510690)
Would like to see some photos of your Mirror Dashcam setup, if you have shared it anywhere.

Sorry been away for some time so just seeing this. I haven’t posted the pictures yet. Will do that in a day or two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5512252)
I had Michelin XM1 as my original tyres but the Yokohamas seem to be "puncture magnets" to me. Their treads are also broader which makes stones get embedded in them.

That’s strange, I haven’t had a puncture in years on my Yokohamas. Not sure if it’s where you drive that changes it. Though it should not be very different between cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil chandu (Post 5493660)
using sony xav8100 with dedicated frame for city. So far no issues till date. The sound quality is much better compared to the stock system. Comes with apple carplay and android auto, although wired. The stock camera can be activated with an adapter which costs 3000 approx. I’ve gone for dhc AHD camera which just costs half of the adapter and far better in terms of clarity, especially at night. Btw there’s no option for front camera in the system. So far happy with the purchase :)

Hey man,
I want to install the same in my honda city,
Wanted to see the fitment once in person, can we meet up?

I'll PM you my contact