Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 10:33   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

EDIT: The Swift in the background seems to be the Sport variant and if I'm not wrong it is a two-four variant. Looks fantastic though.

Anurag.
Here you go buddy. These pics are probably from Paris show- Now I must say, sorry for going off-topic before mods flag me

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-suzukiswiftsportfront.jpg

Courtesy- Rushlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Doesn't it look better than the current Celerio? MSL should launch this as a limited edition.
That's precisely what I was saying, looks infinitely better to me(personal views strictly).

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 21:37   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
I suggest you book a Vxi AMT now itself and upgrade the booking once the Zxi is launched. There will be a lot of demand for the Zxi, which might push the waiting period up from the current 4-5 months.
Yes. I have already booked Celerio VXi AMT on 01 August 2014. My delivery is very near ! I have already given request to the dealer to upgrade to ZXi(O) AMT or ZXi AMT as soon as it launches.
Old 6th October 2014, 23:31   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
SA is right, its not black, but a darkish shade of green.

Go for it, it looks awesome.

Rajesh.
Thanks mate!

Saw the colour only today. Indeed looks awesome!

But wife vetoed it then itself, hence still waiting for the blue to arrive!
Old 12th October 2014, 01:51   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Maruti Suzuki has launched a limited edition of the Celerio hatchback called the VXi+. Based on the VXi variant, it features some cosmetic changes and additional accessories. Maruti claims that these changes cost Rs. 20,000, but will be available for customers at a reduced price of Rs. 13,990.
Called up most Maruti dealers in Bangalore to enquire about VXI+ availability and price. None of them was aware of VXI+ model. Could this only be a marketing tact?
Old 15th October 2014, 20:39   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawik View Post
Thanks Sunil,

I had arrived on pretty much the same conclusion when I found out that the buzzer is not installed. But I DID GET a remote for the music system. Please check with the showroom.
Hi Bhawik,

Took up the matter with dealer and got the remote control for audio system delivered today. Thanks for providing that information
Old 16th October 2014, 10:28   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Called up most Maruti dealers in Bangalore to enquire about VXI+ availability and price. None of them was aware of VXI+ model. Could this only be a marketing tact?
+1 I have booked a Celerio Vxi AMT with Kalyani Motors. When I enquired to convert my booking to Vxi+ AMT, the SA had no clue. I pushed further to get more details. She came up saying its available only for Manual. However, I wrote an email to Maruthi. This was their response.

=================================
Dear Mr. Dev,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Customer Care.

We have received your communication regarding the availability and clarification about Celerio VXI+.

We do highly appreciate the interest shown and the faith entrusted by you in our product and in Maruti Suzuki.

We wish to inform you that availability of Maruti Suzuki car model and variant depends on priority list of the dealer showroom and it also varies from dealer to dealer depending on their stock.

However, we are forwarding your query to the concerned department. You would hear from them soon.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,

ANY TIME MARUTI
(Call Us- Toll Free: 1800 102 1800 and 1800 1800 180)
Please visit us at http://www.marutisuzuki.com

Also, the prices of AMT variants have been hiked by 5K effective 1st Oct.
flycatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 18:51   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
+1 I have booked a Celerio Vxi AMT with Kalyani Motors. When I enquired to convert my booking to Vxi+ AMT, the SA had no clue. I pushed further to get more details. She came up saying its available only for Manual. However, I wrote an email to Maruthi. This was their response.

Also, the prices of AMT variants have been hiked by 5K effective 1st Oct.
This is an unfair practice. Anyways, congratulations on your booking.

Do let us all know if you hear from Maruti.
Old 17th October 2014, 14:32   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, some news here. I got a call from Kalyani whitefield and was told that VXI+ is nothing but - accesories worth 20k packaged at 13k. They are offering this and the total price is 5.73 lacs on road Bangalore.

Have asked them to check on the availability and colors.
Old 17th October 2014, 16:19   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, some news here. I got a call from Kalyani whitefield and was told that VXI+ is nothing but - accesories worth 20k packaged at 13k. They are offering this and the total price is 5.73 lacs on road Bangalore.

Have asked them to check on the availability and colors.
Yes you are right. Its some accessories worth 20K - 2-Din music system, central locking, mirrors with turn indicators, body coloured door handles. I wanted to a install music system from authorized showroom to avoid any warranty issues. And this looked like a good deal to me.

Did you ask them if its available for AMT ? I am going tomorrow to Kalyani Motors on Mysore road to make payment. A car has been allotted for me. So I will again ask the SA.
Old 17th October 2014, 20:59   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are right. Its some accessories worth 20K - 2-Din music system, central locking, mirrors with turn indicators, body coloured door handles. I wanted to a install music system from authorized showroom to avoid any warranty issues. And this looked like a good deal to me.

Did you ask them if its available for AMT ? I am going tomorrow to Kalyani Motors on Mysore road to make payment. A car has been allotted for me. So I will again ask the SA.
For AMT, Black color is readily available. Silver and White would take 2-3 weeks and blue/red one would take 2+ months.
Old 18th October 2014, 00:43   #131
BHPian

Celerio AMT owners in Bangalore, can you please post the mileage you are getting in city?
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 23:47   #132
BHPian

This is an update to my previous post ....
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3515715

Update:
The hatch now locks/unlocks along with all 4 doors with a press of the "Unlock" button on the door console.
Earlier i.e. prior to the 1st service this was not happening. After the 1st free service which was done a month ago I noticed this change just recently and was pleasantly surprised. It could be possible that Suzuki made some changes to the central locking mechanism during the 1st free service? maybe a firmware update? but it also means that the cable to release the lock was already there but was somehow not interfaced with the 'unlock' button. Anyway it is nice to see it working as desired and reassures my faith in Suzuki brand.
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 22:12   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
This is not what I want to hear the day I took the delivery
Please keep us posted on this thread after your check at the service center.

To all folks looking for VXI+ variant, it is nothing but body coloured door handles, mirrors (with turn indicators), JVC double din music system and remote central locking. Personally I did not like the music system on offer. The price of the same is 13K and this is available at the dealer for both manual and AMT vxi models.
Thanks Kvish! I booked my Celerio VXI+ today and now confused after your inputs around the quality of audio system. I still have an option to back out on the accessories though.

How long did you have to wait and which dealership did you book from?
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:39   #134
vdi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It could be possible that Suzuki made some changes to the central locking mechanism during the 1st free service? Anyway it is nice to see it working as desired and reassures my faith in Suzuki brand.
Yes, its the same in my Celerio too. After the 1st service they did something and its now connected to the central locking system.
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:52   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kvish! I booked my Celerio VXI+ today and now confused after your inputs around the quality of audio system. I still have an option to back out on the accessories though.

How long did you have to wait and which dealership did you book from?
I suggest you listen to it and then decide. From accessories perspective, I found that reverse parking sensors are a must. I went in for fog lamps as well.

The waiting period now is between 2-3 months depending on colour. I booked in March and I was allotted the same in July. I postponed the delivery myself. I booked at Sagar automobiles.

I must say the AMT is a breeze to drive in the city. There is one flaw though, the lever being very smooth, in no time 3 year old engaged the neutral while on the move. They should have given a button based lever change instead.
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks