Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2015, 13:23   #256
BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
One more query. Are the chennai dealers offering any year end discount on the zxi amt variant?
Here in bangalore the consumer benefits and the exchange bonus is only for the vxi variants.

No offers on the ZXI variants. But can wriggle out some accessories as mentioned by apn6!
Old 11th January 2016, 17:24   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apn6 View Post
Thanks Kenneth
The delivery of the ZXI(O)AMT is getting delayed. The dealer is quoting RTO approval delays, apn6- any luck with the one you have ordered?

Last edited by ampere : 11th January 2016 at 17:38. Reason: Reduced Quoted content
Kenneth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:16   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
The delivery of the ZXI(O)AMT is getting delayed. The dealer is quoting RTO approval delays, apn6- any luck with the one you have ordered?
We ordered ZXI AMT(O) on Dec 19 and till today there is no concrete information from the dealer about delivery date(at least week!!). The dealer says the delay is at the Maruti end. What is the status of your order?
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:10   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
We ordered ZXI AMT(O) on Dec 19 and till today there is no concrete information from the dealer about delivery date(at least week!!). The dealer says the delay is at the Maruti end. What is the status of your order?
Same here. i cancelled the order a couple days back. might as well rebook and get a MY2016 booking. Infact i had paid ex-showroom price as i was promised Jan 1st week delivery.

Another factor was that Maruti has removed Alloy wheels and Fog lamps from ZXI(O) AMT. not worth spending anothe 30K , might as well look at other options.
Kenneth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 10:39   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. i cancelled the order a couple days back. might as well rebook and get a MY2016 booking. Infact i had paid ex-showroom price as i was promised Jan 1st week delivery.

Another factor was that Maruti has removed Alloy wheels and Fog lamps from ZXI(O) AMT. not worth spending anothe 30K , might as well look at other options.
After a lot of following up, MSL and the dealer have given third week of February as the delivery time for ZXI(O) AMT. That's almost two months from the time of booking. Waiting to see if they honour the commitment or not.
And yes, alloy wheels and fog lamps will be missed badly. We have earmarked dual airbags as a feature we can't let go of. Hence, compromising on alloys and fog lamps for the time being(aftermarket options are there anyway!!)
Old 9th February 2016, 11:54   #261

Quote:
Hi Kenneth,

Sorry for the delay in replying [been away on business].

Yes ABT Guindy has quoted a delay in the delivery of ZXI [O] to Feb/Mar. But the sales manager called me up last week and said that MY2016 models have been shipped from the factory and should be in their yards by mid-Feb, so we would get it on hand by mid-end Feb. [Reason for the delay seems to be the strong demand for swift and baleno models and lesser demand for celerio ]

For now we are upholding the delivery of the car because of the factors @espraveen has mentioned - Dual Airbags and ABS for a mere 11K over the ZXI model. Also there is a Feb discount of 15K on MY2016 ZXI and ZXI [O] AGS models which we are planning to utilize on alloys

- APN
apn6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 14:03   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kenneth,
Sorry for the delay in replying [been away on business].
My dealer has been giving similar reasons for the delay (Swift and Baleno being in demand, hence given priority for production etc). Anyway, they have finally given second half of February as the delivery period. Only a few days left to find that out

Last edited by ampere : 9th February 2016 at 14:05. Reason: Edited quoted content
Old 18th February 2016, 00:20   #263

@espraveen

My dealer has confirmed that the MY 2016 Celerios have begun reaching the Chennai yard post the long delays and it's awaiting registration formalities... Should be getting the car this week or early next week!

How about yours?
Old 18th February 2016, 07:44   #264
BHPian

Quote:
My dealer has confirmed that the MY 2016 Celerios have begun reaching..... Should be getting the car this week or early next week!..
How about yours?
Got a call from the dealer last night that the car has arrived (finally!!!). We are planning to take delivery tomorrow (Friday). Planning to get fog lamps and parking censors installed at the dealer and alloy wheels(Neo or Plati) & Michelin tyres(185/65/R14) outside right after delivery.
And I thought Feb'16 discount for ZXI AMT(O) was Rs.15,000/-, but the dealer told us it's Rs. 10,000/- only!
Bargaining is still on to get some freebies (floor mats, body cover etc) from the highly reluctant dealer here!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 17:47   #265
BHPian

Took delivery of Celerio ZXI AMT(O) yesterday. Parking sensors (basic ones with a display of coloured dots & obstacle distance on IRVM with a warning chime) installed at the dealer. Upgraded to 185/65/R14 Michelin XM2 tyres with Neo alloy wheels right after delivery.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-img_20160220_151231.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th February 2016 at 19:22. Reason: Rotated image and uploaded + typo corrected.
espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 14:00   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Took delivery of Celerio ZXI AMT(O) yesterday. Parking censors (basic ones with a display of coloured dots & obstacle distance on IRVM with a warning chime) installed at the dealer. Upgraded to 185/65/R14 Michelin XM2 tyres with Neo alloy wheels right after delivery.
Looks amazing! Congrats on your new buy and the alloys look cool

My dealer has promised delivery tomorrow as we had to wait a couple of days for a particular reg. no. [family ideologies]. I'm going for the IRVM based camera and sensors - MGA accessory. Alloys is something that we are still undecided. After browsing a lot, I'm now very much inclined towards the SPARCO PISTA alloys but missus wants the original celerio alloys on her car. She says the original ones suit the car better So that battle is still on.
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:09   #267
BHPian

Quote:
..... I'm now very much inclined towards the SPARCO PISTA alloys but missus wants the original celerio alloys on her car. She says the original ones suit the car better So that battle is still on.
Sparco Pista alloys would be really cool!!
The dealer tried a lot to sell the stock Celerio alloys to us. (they went as far as telling us that outside alloys have more iron in them and are not safe etc... I don't know if this is true ) Anyway, if you happen to go for stock alloys then there are two options for Celerio as per my dealer. First is the one that's in the promos/brochures etc & this is the second one!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-img_20160219_100409.jpg  

espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 15:59   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a yellow board Celerio AMT today. Looked like an Uber/Ola Cab. First time seeing an Automatic in the lower segment as a taxi, that too a petrol one. In addition it was the VXI(O) (Assuming the O since it had ABS sticker).
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 21:21   #269
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Saw a yellow board Celerio AMT today. Looked like an Uber/Ola Cab. First time seeing an Automatic in the lower segment as a taxi, that too a petrol one.
An automatic taxi itself is a rarity (among non-luxury ones), so a petrol automatic small car as taxi must be extremely rare indeed.

I think there's a fair possibility that particular Celerio was bought by/for a differently-abled driver. If that's the case, then kudos to Maruti Suzuki and Uber/Ola for opening up another avenue of opportunity for differently-abled citizens!

A diesel Celerio AMT would have been better for the said purpose, I guess. But a CNG/LPG kit can also be added to the petrol Celerio to make it more economical to run as a taxi.

We do have four diesel AMT sub-4m vehicles (Zest, TUV3OO, KUV1OO & DZire) with possibly more expected to join soon (Celerio, Zica-oops-Tiago etc.)

Last edited by RSR : 24th February 2016 at 21:26.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:39   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Check this video -

All pics lifted from this thread!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks