Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 20:28   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Yes! Celerio ZXI AMT (O) is available. My father's car is the same variant. We took delivery in Feb'16. One thing I can say is that it's not readily available and dealers generally push for other variants. We had to follow-up with MSIL & the dealer really hard to get the car delivered 3 months after booking
Thats good to know. As long as its available I dont have an issue with waiting period or getting things moving inside the dealership. Just that they shouldnt convince me saying saar that version does not exist. Most of the places have different info so no solid proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Back in Blore, my SIL has an AMT clocking over 25k so far. She uses it as her office ride and last time I heard from her was it hasn't troubled so far. She was very happy with it and would recommend again to anyone. Hope that helps..
Thats good to know. I am only worried about how the AMT will hold up in bumper to bumper traffic that too for a stretch of 2kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
It is available but note it doesnt get seat height adjust. For 30 k over vxi(O), you get a music system, powered mirrors and rear wiper extra. They have offers on vxi. I have booked one and am waiting for delivery.
What have you booked? I am confused still. There is the ZXi manual , and the ZXi(O) manual. ZXi AMT and ZXi O AMT. Too many variants and lots of confusion. Some doubts still:

1. ZXi(O) comes with accessories like alloy wheels, fog lamps and so. Does the same apply to the AMT version? From what I understood, the option pack for AMT version is only ABS and passenger airbag. Though this is not the complain, how can they omit the other bells and whistles

Does the top end AMT come with electric mirrors at least? Cant find any info on the net. There is not even a double tone horn on the top end.

Last edited by audioholic : 18th May 2016 at 20:30.
Old 18th May 2016, 20:33   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Does the top end AMT come with electric mirrors at least? Cant find any info on the net.
I have booked a vxi amt option pack in blue. Its 621 on road bangalore. The zxi amt optional is 650. The zxi amt gets only a single driver airbag. Hope thats clear. Yes zxi gets powered windows as far as i know
Old 20th May 2016, 16:40   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

I had what can be called as a very intensive test drive of the Celerio yesterday. This was thanks to Revv since I had rented the car for the whole day. My main intention was to take the car to office and get it back, and also evaluate it freely without an SA sitting behind and blabbering stuff. I was very impressed with the car except that the build was flimsier than my WagonR.

I had got a VXi AMT which was a year old with 25k kms on the odo. Some observations:
  • Car was delivered early in the morning and my morning drive to office is in free roads. Hence I could get to know the high speed behaviour and shifts upto the fifth gear - Mightily impressed. Handling is far better than the wagonR and ride is also more comfortable with less body roll in comparison. Gearbox is a bit eager to shift up but there is the manual mode for rescue.
  • Evening return from office was in considerable traffic - B2B for nearly four kms. I wanted to check if the AMT can withstand that abuse. It did not heat up as how I had read in some places. But end of the drive I was relaxed and was not at all tired.
  • My mum too drove the car and she felt very nice just because it wouldnt turn off no matter what she did. Helped in negotiating intersections and gridlocks
  • Though the engine is the same, it has been really reworked in the celerio and the behaviour is totally different. Low end is also good compared to WagonR whose low end is practically non existent.
Overall the car got a thumbs up at home and planning to head to the showroom to move onto the process of booking and checking the variants. Sadly there are no colour options apart from the regular stuff which is a huge bummer.

Quote:
I have booked a vxi amt option pack in blue. Its 621 on road bangalore. The zxi amt optional is 650. The zxi amt gets only a single driver airbag. Hope thats clear. Yes zxi gets powered windows as far as i know
Which dealer did you book through? I am thinking whether to stick to my regular dealer or try new waters.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 17:03   #304
BHPian

Quote:
I had what can be called as a very intensive test drive of the Celerio yesterday. This was thanks to Revv since I had rented the car for the whole day. My main intention was to take the car to office and get it back, and also evaluate it freely without an SA sitting behind and blabbering stuff. I was very impressed with the car except that the build was flimsier than my WagonR.

I had got a VXi AMT which was a year old with 25k kms on the odo. Some observations:
  • Car was delivered early in the morning and my morning drive to office is in free roads. Hence I could get to know the high speed behaviour and shifts upto the fifth gear - Mightily impressed. Handling is far better than the wagonR and ride is also more comfortable with less body roll in comparison. Gearbox is a bit eager to shift up but there is the manual mode for rescue.
  • Evening return from office was in considerable traffic - B2B for nearly four kms. I wanted to check if the AMT can withstand that abuse. It did not heat up as how I had read in some places. But end of the drive I was relaxed and was not at all tired.
  • My mum too drove the car and she felt very nice just because it wouldnt turn off no matter what she did. Helped in negotiating intersections and gridlocks
  • Though the engine is the same, it has been really reworked in the celerio and the behaviour is totally different. Low end is also good compared to WagonR whose low end is practically non existent.
Overall the car got a thumbs up at home and planning to head to the showroom to move onto the process of booking and checking the variants. Sadly there are no colour options apart from the regular stuff which is a huge bummer.

Which dealer did you book through? I am thinking whether to stick to my regular dealer or try new waters.
I have booked through surakshaa car care. All the dealers had quoted same. Car is to be dispatched on 27th may . they will show you stock list you can see and decide.
Old 21st May 2016, 12:08   #305
BHPian

Quote:
It is available but note it doesnt get seat height adjust. For 30 k over vxi(O), you get a music system, powered mirrors and rear wiper extra. They have offers on vxi. I have booked one and am waiting for delivery.
Does the music system which comes with the ZXi AMT o support bluetooth telephony?
Old 27th May 2016, 14:16   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Does the music system which comes with the ZXi AMT o support bluetooth telephony?
Yes it does. A huge relief for me.

BTW I am in the process of negotiating the deal on a ZXi(O) AMT. Waiting period is two months and the current choice of colour is Sunshine Ray. Got heavy pressure from SA to go for VXi - Saar buy VXi and I will upgrade it to ZXi. I asked him if he could fit electric mirrors, steering wheel controls, ABS and airbags for me and he understood that his tricks are not working. Apparently they have a lot of VXi AMTs and he was somehow trying to clear them.

Will book the car in a day or two and need to sell the wagonR by two months.
Old 29th May 2016, 10:53   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does. A huge relief for me.

BTW I am in the process of negotiating the deal on a ZXi(O) AMT. Waiting period is two months and the current choice of colour is Sunshine Ray. Got heavy pressure from SA to go for VXi - Saar buy VXi and I will upgrade it to ZXi. I asked him if he could fit electric mirrors, steering wheel controls, ABS and airbags for me and he understood that his tricks are not working. Apparently they have a lot of VXi AMTs and he was somehow trying to clear them.

Will book the car in a day or two and need to sell the wagonR by two months.
hi did the dealer offer you any discounts on the zxi (o). my SA gave me 25k off on vxi (o), but he said he cant do that on the zxi hence decided to stick to vxi as am not taking loan and he said its in transit right now. i had initially asked for lxi optional, they said they havent ever seen one in bangalore ever
Old 29th May 2016, 11:06   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi did the dealer offer you any discounts on the zxi (o). my SA gave me 25k off on vxi (o), but he said he cant do that on the zxi hence decided to stick to vxi as am not taking loan and he said its in transit right now. i had initially asked for lxi optional, they said they havent ever seen one in bangalore ever
Dealers get huge stock of Vxi and hence push it down everyone's throat. Hence they will give more freebies on ready cars. This car could be lying with the dealer from some time so he would be offering some discount. I booked ZXi AMT with safety pack which is a made to order car. Hence i got only the monthly offer and some discount on the alloys and some other freebies since it's the sixth car we are purchasing from the same place.

IMO its pointless going for VXi since you will miss out on a lot of features and you will just end up paying similar money for the accessories which we are again no match for what comes from the factory.

Last edited by audioholic : 29th May 2016 at 11:08.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 11:41   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Dealers get huge stock of Vxi and hence push it down everyone's throat. Hence they will give more freebies on ready cars. This car could be lying with the dealer from some time so he would be offering some discount. I booked ZXi AMT with safety pack which is a made to order car. Hence i got only the monthly offer and some discount on the alloys and some other freebies since it's the sixth car we are purchasing from the same place.

IMO its pointless going for VXi since you will miss out on a lot of features and you will just end up paying similar money for the accessories which we are again no match for what comes from the factory.
Hmmm you may be right, i have booked the vxi amt optional, i only plan to add a music system and a reversing camera. i have an injured left leg so i needed the car fast. I shall ask my SA tomorrow about zxi amt optional if available.
Old 29th May 2016, 12:14   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm you may be right, i have booked the vxi amt optional, i only plan to add a music system and a reversing camera. i have an injured left leg so i needed the car fast. I shall ask my SA tomorrow about zxi amt optional if available.
You will have to add a remote locking system also in case you need, as that would be my case. ZXi optional is not available with any dealer and in most cases is taking at least one month. However I feel that if you plan to keep the car for long then its worth some more wait and though I do understand your requirement, there are always alternatives.
Old 3rd June 2016, 15:23   #311
BHPian

I'm contemplating getting an AMT ZXI (O) for my wife, which will be her daily car and also an occasional highway car. While there are several updates on the car's performance in the city. How does the car handle on a highway. I'm mainly looking for inputs on -
1. The Seating comfort of Driver and Passenger - Lower Back, Ankles and elbows
2. Choppy ride on road adulations
3. Stability due to cross winds
4. Panic braking or Wet surface braking (Would want to upgrade tyres to XM2)
5. Handling on twisties or uphill climb

Any info on the above points would be mighty helpful.

Last edited by no_boundaries : 3rd June 2016 at 15:25.
Old 4th June 2016, 02:07   #312
BHPian

Anyone can tell me what's the current waiting period for Celerio AMT in Hyderabad?

If I read comments above from bangalore .... VXI has no wait time and ZXI is 2 months. Is that true for Hyd too?

I want to upgrade our old Zen to this for my dad. I did online research on the AMT/AT hatches and have decided that celerio is the best VFM!
Old 13th June 2016, 23:03   #313
BHPian

got delivery of the celerio vxi amt optional, a may manufactured car took 1.5 months. quite happy have done around 200 clicks so far
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Celerio : Official Review-celereio.jpg  

Old 14th June 2016, 00:37   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I'm contemplating getting an AMT ZXI (O) for my wife, which will be her daily car and also an occasional highway car. While there are several updates on the car's performance in the city. How does the car handle on a highway. I'm mainly looking for inputs on -
1. The Seating comfort of Driver and Passenger - Lower Back, Ankles and elbows
2. Choppy ride on road adulations
3. Stability due to cross winds
4. Panic braking or Wet surface braking (Would want to upgrade tyres to XM2)
5. Handling on twisties or uphill climb

Any info on the above points would be mighty helpful.
Hi, I chose celerio as my wife's first car and after almost 2years and 27000kms, I would say we both are completely satisfied with the car.Automatic with mileage better than a manual *.
Recently did a 650kms trip i.e Chennai to Trichendur. I got stuck in almost all the tolls during the election time so i was forced to push the car in excess of 100kmph,especially in Trichy -Madurai highway.This 150kms road has lot of curves and i am really surprised by Celerio's handling and composure at those speeds for such a small car.

To answer your questions.

1.I would say its just about adequate.
2.It has got a decent ride quality.
3.I have not faced any stability issues w.r.t cross winds.
4.Braking is very sharp. It should be good enough as you are going to buy the one with Abs and also upgrading the tyres.
5.Again, For its capacity, It performs more than adequate.

Tips:Please get used to the AMT characteristics before pushing the car.
Use Manual mode, while climbing over any inclines e.g mall underground parking for a jerk free ride.
rock18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 10:51   #315
BHPian

Has any of the current celerio owners upgraded to a 15 inch rims/tyres

If so what is the tyre spec ? or is the 14 inch rims with wider tyre spec the ideal set up

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks