Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2016, 10:39   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Celerio : Official Review

Can anyone please let me know if the Celerio's Audio system comes with a Pre-out? SX4, WagonR and Dzire had it and when I asked the MGA guy he claimed that nothing ever had it and they use a line level converter for any amplifier jobs. I just wanted to plug in an Active Sub and looks like without a pre-out its going to be an overhead.
Old 10th August 2016, 17:51   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
These are the two options that are readily available now....
Thanks for all the info. Please share a pic of the alloys on how they look when you get the delivery tomorrow and many congratulations!!
Old 12th August 2016, 21:49   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Thanks for all the info. Please share a pic of the alloys on how they look when you get the delivery tomorrow and many congratulations!!
Thanks

The car is finally home after booking it in June first week. The alloys look good on the car and I was quite apprehensive about it. Here is quick peek in to the car. A lot of stuff pending yet.

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160812_19_58_34_pro.jpg

Maruti Celerio : Official Review-wp_20160812_19_58_51_pro.jpg
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 21:54   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is finally home.....
That color and those alloys, must say, the car looks really cool man, congrats again!!

I'll be playing safe with the silver color though
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 04:23   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

The car is finally home after booking it in June first week. The alloys look good on the car and I was quite apprehensive about it. Here is quick peek in to the car.
Congratulations on the car! That's a great shade and equally good alloys to compliment it as well!

Since you have a WagonR too if I'm not wrong, may I ask the difference in driveability of the two cars with this same K series engine.The WagonR feels dead at lower rpms. I've heard the Celerio is better though But i haven't driven one. What are your findings?
Please post about the positives and negatives of Celerio when you have time. Thanks.

EDIT: Those alloys would look great in gun metal shade. What say? Something you can try on after some time.
Cheers!!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 15th August 2016 at 04:35.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 07:31   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Congratulations on the car! That's a great shade and equally good alloys to compliment it as well!

Since you have a WagonR too if I'm not wrong, may I ask the difference in driveability of the two cars with this same K series engine.The WagonR feels dead at lower rpms. I've heard the Celerio is better though But i haven't driven one. What are your findings?
Please post about the positives and negatives of Celerio when you have time. Thanks.

EDIT: Those alloys would look great in gun metal shade. What say? Something you can try on after some time.
Cheers!!
Thank you. I sold the WagonR for this one. But believe me, I m not exaggerating in any way. After four years and using the WR as a daily drive, I can safely tell you that it is NOT the same K Series engine in terms of behavior. I realized this a few months back when I spent a day with the celerio. There is day and night difference between the two cars in terms of

1. Driveability
2. NVH

You can barely hear the engine in this car whereas in the WR it had a grumpy note from idle to the mid range. Moreover, the celerio gets hydraulic mounts for the engine in comparison to the rubber in WR. Will definitely post a detailed comparo sometime.

Regarding alloys, gun metal grey was definitely my preference but it was not available with this design. Then I enquired for Momo Revenge but it wasn't available in 14in. I will leave it as it is since I don't like painting alloys.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 10:53   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello owners, what is the fuel efficiency you are getting?

I have owned a Wagon R before and I own a MT Celerio ZXI(O). Surprisingly Celerio is way more fuel efficient than the wagon R. I have been getting 21-22kmpl on highways @ 90-100kmph speeds and 17-19kmpl in moderate city traffic.
Old 19th August 2016, 12:06   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hello owners, what is the fuel efficiency you are getting?

I have owned a Wagon R before and I own a MT Celerio ZXI(O). Surprisingly Celerio is way more fuel efficient than the wagon R. I have been getting 21-22kmpl on highways @ 90-100kmph speeds and 17-19kmpl in moderate city traffic.
Same for me. I too own ZXI(O) with 33k on odo, and getting 17-18kmpl in city and 22kmpl on highway. The average indicator is displaying overall average as 17.9kmpl, which is not bad considering 80% of total usage in city with 80% AC usage.
Old 19th August 2016, 20:29   #354
Senior - BHPian

Booked a Celerio ZXi (O) AMT (Silver) today and I'm getting the delivery tomorrow, don't ask me how.

I'll be taking the delivery on Sunday though, my mom & wife said that no metal stuff to be bought on Saturdays.

Any must-have accessories that I should get from the dealer itself in case it'd be better quality or more durable?

I'm thinking side-beading & scuff plates at least, fog lamps from outside later.

EDIT: Does anyone know whether OEM alloys are 5.5 or 6 inch. I think 6 inch is recommended for 185s if someone plans to upgrade them later. I ran my Swift's 185 on the OEM rims though and didn't have any issues.

Last edited by fine69 : 19th August 2016 at 20:35.
Old 19th August 2016, 21:10   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I'm thinking side-beading & scuff plates at least, fog lamps from outside later.

EDIT: Does anyone know whether OEM alloys are 5.5 or 6 inch. I think 6 inch is recommended for 185s if someone plans to upgrade them later. I ran my Swift's 185 on the OEM rims though and didn't have any issues.
Congrats, and that was fast. Apart from scuff plates and beading, alloy is the only thing thats worthy in MGA when you buy the ZXi. Its already loaded and you dont have to buy much. Rest is all those chrome stickers and seat covers stuff.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 13:07   #356
Senior - BHPian

I've just been told by my dealer that there is no 10 yr or 1,60,000 kms warranty on AMT gearbox.

Can anybody confirm whether there was any Maruti circular around it?
Old 20th August 2016, 13:17   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I've just been told by my dealer that there is no 10 yr or 1,60,000 kms warranty on AMT gearbox.

Can anybody confirm whether there was any Maruti circular around it?
Curious to know this myself. But I have taken the 4 year extended warranty to be safe.
Old 28th August 2016, 07:53   #358
BHPian

Guys,a question - particularly for those who have ZXI variants.

Mine is a ZXI Optional, which came along with Central Locking.

But, while locking or unlocking, it does not beep, and even if I use my keys manually to unlock a door, the siren wont beep (along with no flashing red light on console after locking the vehicle) - which made me believe security system is not active as of now.

On looking at the manual, it gave me two options to enable it - either via a manual process involving headlight ON/OFF and Manual locking/unlocking process - this didn't worked.
Next, tried via instrument cluster, and I was not able to locate "security" menu in it !!

Anyone else has faced this issue ?
Or should I get this checked at first servicing ?
Old 28th August 2016, 08:03   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys,a question - particularly for those who have ZXI variants.
Mine is a ZXI Optional, which came along with Central Locking.
But, while locking or unlocking, it does not beep, and even if I use my keys manually to unlock a door, the siren wont beep (along with no flashing red light on console after locking the vehicle) - which made me believe security system is not active as of now.
We have the ZXI(O) AMT and there's no beep from the car while locking/unlocking, it's all muted! As far as I know, the car does not come with a Security System. It just has plain jane Central Locking system!!
Old 28th August 2016, 08:20   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
We have the ZXI(O) AMT and there's no beep from the car while locking/unlocking, it's all muted! As far as I know, the car does not come with a Security System. It just has plain jane Central Locking system!!
What the hell !!!? Whats the use of this then ?
I am more so pissed because, being an AMT, I am not able to install manual gear lock as well - and with security system missing, this is open to theft.

But I have second thought - refer the manual, page no 4-7(then again on page 4-37 for settings via instrument panel), has all details related security system, changing setting of shock sensors and what not. Why is this even in manual if not present ?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks