Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 11:41   #961
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Engine number or VIN is given only after vehicle allocation. It happens soon only if vehicle is readily available. I guess XE and XM variants are allocated sooner, the issue/delay is with higher end variants and delay increases if you are after Beige, grey or White.

In my case I had only Beige in mind and after waiting for more than 2 months switched to XT and now vehicle got allocated. Please speak to Tata motors RSM or dealer liaison person as they generally have a good idea of stock position and can help you.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 11:47   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Engine number or VIN is given only after vehicle allocation. It happens soon only if vehicle is readily available. I guess XE and XM variants are allocated sooner, the issue/delay is with higher end variants and delay increases if you are after Beige, grey or White.

In my case I had only Beige in mind and after waiting for more than 2 months switched to XT and now vehicle got allocated. Please speak to Tata motors RSM or dealer liaison person as they generally have a good idea of stock position and can help you.
Well then, I have opted for the perfect recipe for delay it seems!
I have booked Revotron XT dune beige...
Old 1st October 2014, 12:56   #963
Senior - BHPian

Tata expected lot of demand for base and mid variants and executed production accordingly. In reality most of the customers are opting for top variants, this is what we learned from our interaction with top management during plant visit.
Old 1st October 2014, 20:08   #964
BHPian

Test drove Tata Zest today, Revotron engine - variant XT. Simply loved in car entertainment - its at par with best in my opinion. Great space, really comfortable seats - like the name Rugby shoulder seats. Coming from Tata its huge improvement and loved dynamics of the car.

Now somehow did not like First and Second gear performance , especially in second gear I found it bit sluggish. Couldn't really rip the car as due to Durga puja, lot of rush around my area. Another thing I noticed was that pedals are tad higher for my comfort- did anyone felt the same. Last thing, this was 3k+ vehicle with some rattle coming through when driven on mud track.

not sure, i am ready to put my money on this as yet.
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:01   #965
BHPian

Hey guys....I got the delivery a couple of days ago...

Was just wondering if the diesel is the same engine as the manza? A quadrajet?
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:29   #966
BHPian

Touched 200 kms on my Zest RT XT so far:
  • HK Music System - beyond expectation, you can drive just for this
  • Revotron engine - Drivers pleasure, lovely acceleration, great low range, very responsive throughout - hv kept to below 60 kmph so far
  • Kitna Deti Hai : BAD! So far in bumper to bumper traffic with AC, 8 to 9 kmpl. This is a potential chink in this car if it doesnt improve.
  • Comfort : Very good drivers seat & rear seat, everyone is impressed

Will try to complete my ownership thread by this weekend & publish.
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:06   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post

Yes, it is same 1.3 L fiat nation diesel engine of India however very well refined for linear torque and way ahead of competition in this regard

Last edited by thunder : 2nd October 2014 at 12:11.
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:21   #968
Senior - BHPian

Top model has a HK touchscreen audio system and lower variants have simple one. My question is whether the sound quality is same or it differs from the touchscreen one?

Petrol FE of 8-9 is bad. I hope it improves otherwise I have to shelve the idea of buying the petrol one.
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:10   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Top model has a HK touchscreen audio system and lower variants have simple one. My question is whether the sound quality is same or it differs from the touchscreen one?

Petrol FE of 8-9 is bad. I hope it improves otherwise I have to shelve the idea of buying the petrol one.
XT has 8 speakers alongwith the touchscreen interface, while lower variants have 6 speakers.

The power ratings differ too. There is a big difference in the sound quality dept.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:21   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
To be honest I havent done a single tankful method measurement yet, I will do that over the next week or two & confirm with & without AC with different kinds of traffic & setting modes to be more accurate.

But yes, I expected around 13 kmpl mixed use with 80% AC. Anything less will be a negative for Zest RT.

Last edited by gsurya : 2nd October 2014 at 14:23.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:06   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
To be honest I havent done a single tankful method measurement yet, I will do that over the next week or two & confirm with & without AC with different kinds of traffic & setting modes to be more accurate.

But yes, I expected around 13 kmpl mixed use with 80% AC. Anything less will be a negative for Zest RT.
Thanks.
My dad won't be happy with any FE figure below 11-12 so it's critical in the buying decision. I guess that's a standard expectation for this segment. Lesse what figures you are able to achieve.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:14   #972
BHPian

Another alert for Zest buyers:

The service coupons given by the Dealer for the maintenance plan only cover 3 services over 2 years & dont cover consumables. As per Tata advertisements the present offer is 3 years full maintenance cover including consumables upto 45K kms.

My dealer has acknowledged this is an mistake & is trying to get a written clarification from Tata Motors.

Please check your coupons & get a written confirmation.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:50   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post

Yes. Same engine configuration as well..It's a beauty of an engine alright!

Quote:
Touched 200 kms on my Zest RT XT so far:
  • HK Music System - beyond expectation, you can drive just for this
  • Revotron engine - Drivers pleasure, lovely acceleration, great low range, very responsive throughout - hv kept to below 60 kmph so far
  • Kitna Deti Hai : BAD! So far in bumper to bumper traffic with AC, 8 to 9 kmpl. This is a potential chink in this car if it doesnt improve.
  • Comfort : Very good drivers seat & rear seat, everyone is impressed
Will try to complete my ownership thread by this weekend & publish.

Congrats Surya! Many miles of smiles to you! Have a safe drive!
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:39   #974
BHPian

Quote:

Being TCed, I expect 16-17 kmpl from the Zest RT, but yes, in the run-in, 13 is good enough really.

Does your car not have a trip based Mileage display?
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:43   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Another alert for Zest buyers:

The service coupons given by the Dealer for the maintenance plan only cover 3 services over 2 years & dont cover consumables. As per Tata advertisements the present offer is 3 years full maintenance cover including consumables upto 45K kms.

My dealer has acknowledged this is an mistake & is trying to get a written clarification from Tata Motors.

Please check your coupons & get a written confirmation.
My SA has informed me in advance that it will take some time to provide documents for Gold AMC and promised that he will call me once it will be done.

however I am not sure if there is any link between coupon we got and the separate GOLD AMC agreement copy we will get. Also first coupon is only for health check and not for engine oil change ..etc.

Last edited by thunder : 2nd October 2014 at 16:54.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks