Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 12:05   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I read Ciaz review uploaded by Aditya and I am disappointed by Maruti's approach. Same underpowered engines from lower class, similar boring Maruti interiors, steering, lack of features like DRLs, cruise control for a sedan of C2 class, no cladding for boot lid etc.
Stellar fuel economy but under-powered engines as compared to competition - yes. But Interiors, in my opinion are okay. Quality is good for the price. The main issue I see here is lack of address to the needs of an enthusiast. There is absolutely nothing except probably the Swift/ Dzire to some extent in the Maruti stable which can somewhat impress an enthusiast. I cannot imagine Maruti being the same company which once manufactured enthusiast's cars like the iconic Zen, Esteem and the Baleno not long back. Even the 5 speed, 46 BHP Maruti 800 which was available for a short stint. Can any of today's offering by Maruti can compete with the above 3 cars on outright performance? Can any of the present cars by Maruti or even Hyundai can appeal to an enthusiast? Or is that that anyone looking for such cars now essentially need to go the European car way? Hard to believe that now 'boring but efficient & reliable' is what we can use to describe Maruti. The same company which could once be described as fun to drive, fast & yet reliable on the basis of the above stated cars not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I am quite raged by Maruti's approach of taking Indian customers for a ride as they trust brand Maruti.
It is the change in customer's approach too. Maruti has probably now overplayed its 'conservative' image to woo the general buyer. And it is the general buyer who runs the show in India. Just look at the market share of Maruti.

As far as Tata is concerned, I am happy with the way they have been going with the Zest and plan to go about Bolt. The Zest could not have been launched at a better time owing to the desire of Indians to buy vehicles during the festive times. The car itself is great. Personally, I feel that it would have looked real classy if there was no 4m restriction on the design, but lets not take the credit away from Tata. Regarding Manza, it is a highly underrated car. Probably mainly due to average ASC & Tata's yesteryear's image in the segment. Tata have improved vastly on customer service as I read through this forum during the last few months. One last card that they need to play right is to bring the Bolt latest by December, when many will be looking to buy new vehicles during the new year.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 7th October 2014 at 12:07.
Old 8th October 2014, 10:04   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Zest lined up for delivery - pic source Pandit Auto
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-zest_pandit_auto_pune.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-zest_pandit_auto1.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-zest_pandit_auto2.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th October 2014 at 10:30.
Latheesh is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 12:28   #1008
BHPian

Nice delivery. I too have booked a blue revotron.
Surprised to see no blue zests being delivered here !
Old 8th October 2014, 14:03   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Zest lined up for delivery - pic source Pandit Auto
That's a good sight but September shipments at 3331 nos not looking so great (Source Management Punditz)
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 14:38   #1010
BHPian

My Revtron Zest Dune Beige XT was supposed to reach tomorrow, but out of curiosity called in to check the status, and pleasantly got update that it reached the yard of Prerana motors at Nelamangala on outskirts of Bangalore late yesterday evening

Planning to do a PDI tomorrow at the yard and try to get delivery on Friday afternoon
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 16:31   #1011

Has anybody purchased a car using rent agreement?
If yes, I would like to know whether the rent agreement used was notarised or registered.

I have notarised agreement (police verification in process) rent agreement which the lawyer ensured would be OK for registration of vehicle.

Earlier the dealer had said any type of rent agreement is OK as long it is accompanied by police verification. But now the dealer has somersaulted and insisting on a registered one (which will cost me another 5-6k)

I have already spent Rs. 1,300/- for the notarised agreement and do not intend to spend anything extra as I would be moving to a new place in about 2 months.

Guidance from the Gurus awaited....

Ps:
1) Is letter from employer stating my permanent and temporary address acceptable?
bcos it was acceptable at SBI for car loan (which was a bit hard to digest, but a welcome fact :-D)
2) I have all proofs for permanent address.
Old 8th October 2014, 20:07   #1012
BHPian

Update of my Zest RT XT at 300 kms:
  • Running beautifully, engine is so silent I cant make out if its running or not unless I look at RPM meter
  • Can go low speeds even on 3rd gear, so I forget to change gears & stall the car sometimes
  • Mileage still around 9 kmpl, but SA has said it will pick up after 1st service
  • Family very happy with interiors, plush drive, great suspension, fabulous music system
  • Got fabric seat covers put in costing 10K

Will try to finish ownership thread by weekend.

Last edited by gsurya : 8th October 2014 at 20:13.
gsurya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 20:33   #1013
BHPian

I have driven around 250 KM so far and it's really smooth and NVH level is outstanding.

Mileage is up from 8 km/l to 11.5 km/l.

Even in a fully loaded condition I was easily able to drive on incline with A/C on ... really awesome.

Yesterday someone has hit my car from back , there is small dent (still it really hurts you know on a new car ). Can someone suggest me a perfectionist in Delhi for paint less dent repair.

Last edited by thunder : 8th October 2014 at 20:34.
Old 8th October 2014, 21:29   #1014
BHPian

Hi, In XT model, when i use the remote for locking it used to give a beep sound (like horn sound) to confirm locking. However, recently the beep has stopped when I use the remote for locking. Is the peremetric alarm disabled? How do we enable this again. I tried the setting option but could not find the right setting. Any inputs? Thanks in advance.
Old 9th October 2014, 07:38   #1015
BHPian

Try pressing the lock and unlock button together, reverse the order in which you press them incase it does not work the first time, a beep / tone is expected if it works. I'm not sure but this is the way to toggle in current tata autocop security system! You may just give it a try!
arindam_xeta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 08:16   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
I have driven around 250 KM so far and it's really smooth and NVH level is outstanding.

Mileage is up from 8 km/l to 11.5 km/l.

Even in a fully loaded condition I was easily able to drive on incline with A/C on ... really awesome.

Yesterday someone has hit my car from back , there is small dent (still it really hurts you know on a new car ). Can someone suggest me a perfectionist in Delhi for paint less dent repair.

Sorry to know someone banged into your car.
try this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ket-delhi.html

OR
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...new-delhi.html
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:16   #1017
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Zest is off to a pretty good start during the initial few months in terms of sales numbers. These are the Sep. 2014 sales figures for the segment:

sub-4m C1 sedans

Maruti Suzuki Dzire (2nd gen.) - 16,964

Hyundai Xcent - 4,481

Honda Amaze - 3,848

Tata Zest - 3,331

Tata Indigo* - 1,712

Mahindra Verito Vibe - 142

4m+ C1 sedans

Toyota Etios - 1,638

Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour - 1,221

Chevrolet Sail (sedan) - 690

Ford Fiesta Classic^ - 586

Mahindra Verito - 104

Notes:

* - Although the Tata Indigo numbers theoretically include those of the CS + XL + Manza, it can be safely assumed that the vast majority of sales consists of the sub-4m Indigo CS. The XL may have been phased out already, and the Manza's future in Tata's line-up after the introduction of the Zest remains to be seen.

^ - The Ford Fiesta Classic number includes sales of the Classic + New Fiesta, after Ford began clubbing them together. The New Fiesta belongs to the C2 segment. The exact split between the two remains unknown.

Source: Management Punditz

P.S.: The sub-4m C1 sedan sales add up to 30,478 units while those of the 4m+ C1 sedans add up to 4,239 units (may not be the exact numbers due to reasons mentioned in the notes above).

This means the sub-4m sedans outsell the 4m+ ones in the C1 segment by a whopping ~ 7:1 ratio.

Last edited by RSR : 9th October 2014 at 13:40.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 16:51   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarodemayur View Post
Has anybody purchased a car using rent agreement?
If yes, I would like to know whether the rent agreement used was notarised or registered.

I have notarised agreement (police verification in process) rent agreement which the lawyer ensured would be OK for registration of vehicle.

Earlier the dealer had said any type of rent agreement is OK as long it is accompanied by police verification. But now the dealer has somersaulted and insisting on a registered one (which will cost me another 5-6k)

I have already spent Rs. 1,300/- for the notarised agreement and do not intend to spend anything extra as I would be moving to a new place in about 2 months.

Guidance from the Gurus awaited....

Ps:
1) Is letter from employer stating my permanent and temporary address acceptable?
bcos it was acceptable at SBI for car loan (which was a bit hard to digest, but a welcome fact :-D)
2) I have all proofs for permanent address.

Wouldn't passport be a valid document for registration purposes? It is a police verified document. Perhaps you should tell this to your dealer and check his reaction
Old 9th October 2014, 18:46   #1019
Senior - BHPian

I was just wondering whether it makes sense to Tata Motors now to rejig the specs of the Manza and target it to the taxi/fleet segment what with the huge leg room and boot. Maybe they can do what Maruti is doing with the old Dzire Tour. Maybe launch a Manza fleet edition with the basics that a fleet buyer expects and run a single variant and not sell it to private buyers.
Old 9th October 2014, 19:00   #1020
BHPian

Hello bhpians,

Today I managed to get a TD of this beautiful car.

My views:

* Turbo works like charms & pick up is really city supportive.
* The ICE & dashboard is something that can turn you on to buy the car, excellent sound quality & ease of use.
* Space,
Come on its not a laura or Manza but it has adaquate space to fit 5 persons.
* gears & clutch,

Exceptionally smooth clutch. Gears are city loving.

* only thing I am worried about is A/c.
Made a 10km TD but A/c didnt cooled the cabin up.

Things I think could have added.......

1. Armrest: I dont understand Why not!
2. Cooled glovebox: cost cutting! Of course not, what could it cost?
3. Boot cladding: it loooks cheap & dull.
4. Rear light: it could be helpful.
5. Seat pockets!
6. 60:40 split seats option.

I know practically it could cost more if such features could be added. But we could pay 20000-30000 bucks more for such a beautiful car.
da.maulik is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks