Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2014, 00:01   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
16. Rear arm rests are designed well and provide correct support.
Which arm rest are you referring here because I didn't see a rear center arm rest.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 02:00   #857
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Which arm rest are you referring here because I didn't see a rear center arm rest.
I guess batterylow is referring to the arm rests on the doors. Even I found them to be quite comfortable. They are inclined upwards towards the front rather than being fully flat.
harsh_66328 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 05:01   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
My bad, I meant the ones on the door.
Old 22nd September 2014, 08:19   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The extended warranty gives an additional 1 year and 50K kms.
Thanks for the update everybody.I again called my SA and asked him,he reconfirmed. Actually when I first heard that there was no period increase,I repeatedly asked him if he was sure to which he replied in affirmative. I told him that I wouldn't need the Extended warranty since there was no way I could complete 1 lakh kms in 3 years. He didn't seem worried at all. I think he was a noob and was just desperate to get my sign on the yellow form. To top it off, even after he called and confirmed my preference of the dune beige color, the sales order sent to my mail had pristine white. At least 5 calls and one visit to Concorde later to meet his team lead later, I'm yet to get a written communication about the color change.

Another question, after paying the 21k, when did you guys get the delivery commitment date?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd September 2014 at 09:25. Reason: fixing quote tags :)
Old 22nd September 2014, 09:32   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Another question, after paying the 21k, when did you guys get the delivery commitment date?
I booked my Tata Zest online on 21st July & got my first delivery confirmation date on 6th September & got my preferred color allotted by dealer on 19th Sept.

It was utter chaos chasing them frequently for confirmation, seems the dealers had no clue what models & colors were in pipeline for them.

So the online booking system by Tata was great, but then delivery commitment was chaotic. They need to improve on it & make it professional.

On Sunday, when I was at Tata Concorde Malad there was a couple who walked in & wanted immediate delivery of XM/XMS Blue against full single cheque & the SA was confident they could get it in a week. So looks like certain models / colors have been produced in plenty for quick delivery.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd September 2014 at 12:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:50   #861
BHPian

Was going through an article in todays Economic Times about current waiting periods of various cars. Surprisingly it mentiones Zest AMT deliveries will start after about three month from now.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/43119885.cms
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:21   #862
Senior - BHPian

Thats a real bad start for Tata, I am sure they would have liked to avoid this chaos. Why launch the car when production is not sorted or rather delivery and distribution is not sorted.

I was beginning to change my opinion about their Presales & Postsales department but I will wait just a little more time.

Last edited by motomaverick : 22nd September 2014 at 11:22.
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:38   #863
BHPian

Any Idea when the contest winners for the TOI Key contest would be declared?
Old 22nd September 2014, 11:46   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thats a real bad start for Tata, I am sure they would have liked to avoid this chaos. Why launch the car when production is not sorted or rather delivery and distribution is not sorted.

I was beginning to change my opinion about their Presales & Postsales department but I will wait just a little more time.
I havent seen post-booking professionalism in any car maker in India so far, even Ecosport was totally arbitrary & chaotic. Maybe Toyota is the most solid in this respect. I wouldnt blame Tata too much for this, lets see how the post-sales service support is.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:09   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

The three month wait in the article is for AMT variants, and the delay is probably due to AMT transmissions being in short supply, similar to the Celerio which has an even longer waiting period.
Old 22nd September 2014, 13:38   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Any Idea when the contest winners for the TOI Key contest would be declared?
The contest ended on 10th September and in T&C it was mentioned winner will be announced one week after closing date. On facebook earlier the support keep saying "tune in" but seems now they are not replying queries regarding contest.

The "Key" contest was a major campaign for Tata Zest and they have failed miserably to execute it properly. Just like dealers, support has no clue what's happening. I am not sure how did they mess up this one. Everything was online, the key barcode was scanned and detailed uploaded to website instantly.All they had to do was pick a record from the database.

Last edited by ashesh : 22nd September 2014 at 13:41.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:24   #867
Senior - BHPian

The SA at Concorde, Nagole, Hyderabad was nonchalant at the best. He wasnt concerned at all whether I would buy the car. He didnt even asked for my phone number but simply scribbled his number on the price-list. I wasnt expecting a red carpet roll-out but lack of enthusiasm amused me. I didnt asked for a test drive and he didnt offer me one. Worse, he didnt even care to take me to the display car to explain the features TML has shown on the tabs provided to them.

His demeanor suggested he would have flatly refused test drive.

XM - D was readily available in biege, red, blue. He said tentatively the sky grey is in the yard. As for pristine white, he was yet to see it.

XMS - D supposedly has 3 - 4 weeks waiting periods.

I am yet to see colours other than blue on Hyderabad roads.
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:49   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Just received a call from Prerana Motors Lalbagh Road branch, the Zest AMT test drive vehicle has arrived. I had enquired about the AMT after the launch. Looks like the Zest AMT deliveries will start before the November time frame which was floating around.

I will have to wait till the weekend for the test drive to happen as I am tied up badly with work.
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:51   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
The SA at Concorde, Nagole, Hyderabad was nonchalant at the best.
Better to check the car at a non Concorde dealership who are generally more eager to sell cars. Keep the Concorde price quote for reference
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:29   #870
BHPian

I have booked Zest Revotron XT and received the Engine and Chassis details today. Had given an option of Dune beige and P White at the time of booking but finally settled for white. Will take delivery of the same sometime next week.
iamdeva is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks