Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 10:39   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

I am awaiting the Zest AMT to be launched at the earliest, looks to be a great proposition in the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Today's TOI in Mumbai had an Advertisement of the two new Zest's

Even the fonts look similar!

I recall in the past, Honda had initiated legal proceedings against TVS for a bike named "City", which got renamed by TVS to "Star City"
Old 25th September 2014, 11:15   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
did a TD of Zest petrol XM variant. Noticed one little problem .. if i drive keeping my hand on the gear rod, i could feel the vibrations. Is it a problem with the vehicle i drove or some one else also noticed?

I did not notice it that much in the Diesel XT manul.
Yes this vibration issue on Revotron Zest has been reported in multiple posts here.

However, I didnt notice it when I TDed the car 3 times or the short drive I had of my own Zest during PDI.

If true, would qualify as a design issue, they will have to resolve it.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 13:36   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaylover View Post
did a TD of Zest petrol XM variant. Noticed one little problem .. if i drive keeping my hand on the gear rod, i could feel the vibrations. Is it a problem with the vehicle i drove or some one else also noticed?

I did not notice it that much in the Diesel XT manul.
yes , it is there , i noticed it during my TD .
Even in Diesel Zest i found it to be there when revved beyond 2500rpm.
I would say it is the same with my Diesel manza but less prominent.
Old 25th September 2014, 14:53   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Yes this vibration issue on Revotron Zest has been reported in multiple posts here.

However, I didnt notice it when I TDed the car 3 times or the short drive I had of my own Zest during PDI.

If true, would qualify as a design issue, they will have to resolve it.
I think it is seen in other turbo cars as well. I have felt the same in my Swift diesel too, though it is only while accelerating. If we take the foot of the accelerator, the vibration stops. I assume we are seeing it in petrol Zest too, since this is the first petrol car with a turbo with an MT.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 15:13   #890
BHPian

With so many people here having booked a Zest, it surprising to see not a single thread in the "Initial Ownership Reports" yet.

Have seen a few Zest's on the road, but I believe with Navratri starting today, many buyers will be waiting for today to take their deliveries.

Looking forward to seeing first hand reports and experieces
Old 25th September 2014, 15:22   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
With so many people here having booked a Zest, it surprising to see not a single thread in the "Initial Ownership Reports" yet.

Have seen a few Zest's on the road, but I believe with Navratri starting today, many buyers will be waiting for today to take their deliveries.

Looking forward to seeing first hand reports and experieces
The reason is that the waiting period is quite long. So there are no initial ownership reports here.
Old 25th September 2014, 16:01   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post

Looking forward to seeing first hand reports and experiences
My Zest is being registered at RTO today or tomorrow & I hope to take delivery on Saturday. So I would make my ownership thread complete by next week & then hope it clears GTO barrier
gsurya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 08:05   #893

Hello All,

Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening, 25th September'14. I had dealt with a dealer called Tejaswi Motors, Tadbund area, Secunderabad. It was a smooth and complaint-free experience, very functional without being overwhelming. Booked on the 3rd, vehicle assigned by 17th and took possession last evening.

Attached below (hopefully!) are couple of snaps. I've been a passive reader of this thread and the forum generally, but ever grateful for the deflected wisdom i gain from you all. So many thanks!

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20140926_073556.jpg  

Tata Zest : Official Review-img_20140926_074653.jpg  

mushy876 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 08:29   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Hello All,
Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening, 25th September'14.
Congrats! A lovely shade you've selected.
Only gripe I've if any, is your sticker placement. It'll go unnoticed.

Now take her out and prepare yourself to write a super duper review.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:41   #895
BHPian

Congrats @mushy876 great color!

My dealer says I can take delivery tomorrow but will be on TC number, the RTO number will come only on Monday.

Is that a problem to be using when driving around during the weekend in Mumbai? What do the rules say?
Old 26th September 2014, 09:44   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats @mushy876 great color!

My dealer says I can take delivery tomorrow but will be on TC number, the RTO number will come only on Monday.

Is that a problem to be using when driving around during the weekend in Mumbai? What do the rules say?
No it wont be a problem. As far as I know you can drive a car with temporary number for one week.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:47   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
No it wont be a problem. As far as I know you can drive a car with temporary number for one week.
Thanks, but 1 week since what? Issue of the TC number or me taking delivery? What do I show if I get stopped by the policewala?
Old 26th September 2014, 09:52   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but 1 week since what? Issue of the TC number or me taking delivery? What do I show if I get stopped by the policewala?
If the vehicle is not registered in RTO, the dealer will assign a temporary registration number to your vehicle which will be written on the registered sticker on your car. Also make sure you keep the invoice and other bills with you every time you take the car out till you get it registered.

In case, if the dealer has paid the tax, but waiting for the number to be allotted then the tax paid challan should suffice.

Advance Congratulations on your acquisition Drive safe!
Old 26th September 2014, 09:56   #899
BHPian

Quote:
I think 1 wk from u get the car from showroom.
Its fine to drive around with a TC no. Cops know it and if you get stopped, show them the receipt you get from showroom, there would be a date mentioned on it. Plus, it doesn't take long to get the RTO no. Till monday you should get it, and the tax paid reciept too, same day get the no. plates done by showing them this reciept as the RC would take upto 45 days to come.
Old 26th September 2014, 09:57   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Hello All,

Took delivery of my ZEST Quadrajet XM last evening, 25th September'14. I had dealt with a dealer called Tejaswi Motors, Tadbund area, Secunderabad. It was a smooth and complaint-free experience, very functional without being overwhelming.
Congratulations on your new ride. The sticker though does not gel with the colour of your car and is somehow spoiling the overall looks. Try LTD one. It will go extremely well with this colour.

Most Viewed