Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2016, 15:05   #2386
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
2) This is more strange. There has been some aspect which did not turn off even after taking out the key. This happened twice. First time was the music player and second time was yesterday night when I could hear some engine like sound coming . To make sure it was not 'fully on', i tried applying accelerator but it did not make any impact. AC was already off.
Cannot comment on the music player, but the engine like sound must be the coolant fan running after engine shut down. It typically runs for a min or two before auto switch off.
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2016, 10:37   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Cannot comment on the music player, but the engine like sound must be the coolant fan running after engine shut down. It typically runs for a min or two before auto switch off.
OK. IIRC, the sound came from right side of the bonnet area(steering side) and stopped as soon as I did an on-off
Old 24th February 2016, 22:49   #2388
BHPian

Did any of the Zest owners recieve a message about somebody being assigned as your relationship manager? I recently got a SMS from those 6 digit numbers, saying that a CRM had been allotted to me as relationship manager with a number of a guy from Concorde. Harmless?
Old 25th February 2016, 12:22   #2389
BHPian

Heard from some partly reliable sources in dealership, that a new Zest Trim of 75PS engine is being readied for launch , very shortly. For commercial category they mentioned.

I think it is being offered in white color only , as a better alternative to the old workhorse Indigo CS.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 12:50   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
a new Zest Trim of 75PS engine is being readied.
..For commercial category they mentioned.
Looks like TATA is planning to move commercial buyers towards Zest/Bolt, while keeping Tiago(erstwhile Zica) and its compact sedan sibling for personal buyers only.

There is a post about sighting of yellow board Bolt also in the Bolt review thread.

Some Zest owner might not feel good about this move due to taxi image, but personally as a Zest owner myself I see some positive side also, actually this might help in long term ownership experience since it may also ensure part availability for longer time.
Old 25th February 2016, 14:14   #2391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
OK. IIRC, the sound came from right side of the bonnet area(steering side) and stopped as soon as I did an on-off
As mentioned earlier, it usually is the radiator fan which stays on for some time even after you turn off the engine (when the engine is hot) but it is usually linked to the ON position of the key. I have never seen it running after removing the key. Also I have seen that a on-off of the key "resets" the fan and it stops running mostly. Another suspect can be the fuel pump but that is very silent.
Old 25th February 2016, 14:25   #2392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heard from some partly reliable sources in dealership, that a new Zest Trim of 75PS engine is being readied for launch , very shortly. For commercial category they mentioned.

I think it is being offered in white color only , as a better alternative to the old workhorse Indigo CS.
Am not even sure it's a good or bad move. On one side, it never sold as expected most probably because it still reminded of Indica. However, I personally wouldn't have liked this to go the taxi route, but then, it may have a premature death if it doesn't go that way.

Looking at Tiago / Kite 5 which doesn't resemble any TATAs of early times, it makes sense to reserve those for personal segment. This post also reasons the need of a Kite5 sedan. Everything seems to be clear now.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 14:58   #2393
Senior - BHPian

The Tiago & Kite sedan which will be restricted to personal segment will have inferior engines compared to the Zest & Bolt. That is an irony, IMHO.
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 16:59   #2394
BHPian

Quote:

Zest XE (lowest variant) is of 75ps engine. Considering that your post refers to commercial category which typically will be seeing lowest variants, what change are your sources mentioning?

As far as I know, they don't have to make any changes and sell the XE variant for commercial category.

Also, selling in commercial category isn't such a bad thing in the current market considering all the manufacturer's are looking to get a pie.

Probably Tata can do slight modifications to the rear (particularly tail lights - tone down the beauty actually) for the commercial segment and bring a new variant name (if required) to distinguish it from the cars sold to personal buyers.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 20:57   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Zest would make an excellent taxi vehicle.

It will most probably be positioned as 'premium' cab ala Etios, Dzire etc. both by the Tata and the operators.

Last edited by simplyself : 28th February 2016 at 20:59.
Old 28th February 2016, 23:26   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Did any of the Zest owners recieve a message about somebody being assigned as your relationship manager? I recently got a SMS from those 6 digit numbers, saying that a CRM had been allotted to me as relationship manager with a number of a guy from Concorde. Harmless?
This is interesting. I'm yet to get such a call/msg. Which city are you from? I guess Tata Motors are rolling this service city by city.
Nevertheless a very good initiative!!
Old 29th February 2016, 16:41   #2397
BHPian

Watched a review on youtube about zest in South Africa. The Zest is named Bolt there!

The video is :
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-capture.jpg  

SKavuri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 14:12   #2398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKavuri View Post
Watched a review on Youtube about zest in South Africa. The Zest is named Bolt there!
In South Africa, the name Zest must have already been registered.
Watched the video review. The overall feedback given is nice by reviewer.
The voice command feature, seems not to be tested properly for South African accent.
The guided voice also seems like Indian. This feature could have been modified by software I guess.
Anyway, any idea how Zest is performing in other markets such as Sri Lanka and Nepal?
Old 5th March 2016, 08:05   #2399
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Any production issues with the Zest?

Quote:
Hello Team-BHP,

I would prefer to remain anonymous. First of all, I would like to thank Team-BHP as it is a very informative & reliable site maintained about the Indian auto sector.

Team-BHP played an important role in choosing my first car. Yes, I have booked the Tata Zest XMA QJT 90PS on 2nd Dec 2015. But bad luck is that I have not yet got delivery of it.

I booked my car at Pandit Auto, Law college road, Pune after getting confirmation of delivery date as 24th Dec 2015 for fresh / latest production vehicle from the dealer. Got good “Year-end” deal so was happy, but not for long. Dealer postponed the delivery date so many times saying that the car hasn't gotten produced by Tata & will be built in the next few days. I followed up with the dealer so many times, also personally emailed Tata Motors, but did not get a fruitful result.

Tata Motors person also postponed the production date 3-4 times (25th Dec 2015, 10th Jan 2016, Feb 2016 end & now March 2016 end). But still they aren't sure about the production date. Their email states that “Any production of the Zest QJT 90 PS vehicles are not happening till Mar ’16. Will update you once we get some clarity on this”.

Does Team BHP have any idea about this news that Tata is not building QJT 90 PS vehicles since Dec 2015? Same situation is there with one of my friends who has booked a Zest XMA QJT 90PS at the same dealer on 23rd Nov. 2015.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 13:46   #2400
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Zest XT Revotron has now done almost 18K Kms. With a few niggles here and there ofcourse. Lately my mom who sits on the back seat, near to the fuel tank lid side, has complaint that she smells petrol most times while getting in and out of the car. Iam not sure if this is normal ? Has someone else experienced this before ? And is there a cause for concern, in which case i need to get it checked.

Feedback or views on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Devyaani.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks