Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 18:30   #2491
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Catalytic converter and catcon retro gasket kit are replaced today by TATA during my visit to a service center for an unscheduled oil change.

The car is Zest Quadrajet Diesel 90ps Aug 2015 model.

As per service adviser, they have received these components and replace advice very recently and just started calling customers from this week, my car was one of the first ones to get the updates in the service center (Active Automobiles, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad).

Last edited by Vishal.R : 6th June 2016 at 18:31.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 18:50   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Tata Zest facelift is coming next year, claims Motoroctane.

"Tata will be launching the facelift of one of its best selling cars – the Zest, in 2017. The Zest was the car that brought about a change of perspective by customers for Tata Motors and it offered an economical and reliable option to customers. The Zest facelift will improvise on several fronts including styling and features, that will make the Zest look and feel more premium than the existing model."

Source: Motoroctane
Do you this the face lift is nothing but the all new Tata Kite 5 ?

Reason I think it is, because Zest and Kite5 are both CS's and it doesn't make sense having two CS's that just look different and also may be more or less around the same price tag.

Once kite 5 is launched Tata's "MAY" allow zest to be registered as taxi's and Kite 5 strictly for personal use.
Old 7th June 2016, 22:20   #2493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Do you this the face lift is nothing but the all new Tata Kite 5 ?
Nope. Both will continue to exist separately in Tata's lineup.

The Zest facelift won't have huge changes, but will see a few minor feature additions and/or a couple of additional colour palettes on offer. Some work is going on to make the turbo-petrol heart offer a bit more punch in it's power delivery at higher RPMs, and smoother, linear torque output at lower RPMs.

The Kite 5 will be positioned below the Zest, and it will be coming with a very attractive price tag. One which, I dare say, might shake up the entire segment.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:06   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nope. Both will continue to exist separately in Tata's lineup.

The Zest facelift won't have huge changes, but will see a few minor feature additions and/or a couple of additional colour palettes on offer. Some work is going on to make the turbo-petrol heart offer a bit more punch in it's power delivery at higher RPMs, and smoother, linear torque output at lower RPMs.

The Kite 5 will be positioned below the Zest, and it will be coming with a very attractive price tag. One which, I dare say, might shake up the entire segment.
Do you think a CNG version would be successful with the revotron motor? How would a turbo cng function? I am really looking forward to a CNG feature filled Zest.
Old 8th June 2016, 19:29   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What about the Diesel? Will Zest (and Bolt) get the new 1.5L from Nexon?
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:40   #2496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Zest facelift won't have huge changes, but will see a few minor feature additions and/or a couple of additional colour palettes on offer.

Can't wait to see the kite5 being launched.

Know that the new 110bhp 1.5 in the Zest is asking too much, but I don't care much about any other changes, mechanical or cosmetic.

Only one doubt. Will the number of storage space and cubbyholes be increased?
Old 8th June 2016, 20:09   #2497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Zest being tested along with Nexon and found on an occasion points to that. Again we can only guess for now.

See link.

Considering that Bolt is not selling much, I'm not sure it makes sense to put the 1.5 engine in Bolt.
Old 8th June 2016, 22:17   #2498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Do you think a CNG version would be successful with the revotron motor? How would a turbo cng function? I am really looking forward to a CNG feature filled Zest.
I am against any sort of CNG modifications for any car.

If you really want better FE, the Zest has an "Eco" mode which works well. I suggest using that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Not tested yet, so chances are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Only one doubt. Will the number of storage space and cubbyholes be increased?
Tata is taking customer feedback into account while prepping the Zest facelift so yes, you might see some more in-cabin storage pockets.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 14:56   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
I am against any sort of CNG modifications for any car.

If you really want better FE, the Zest has an "Eco" mode which works well. I suggest using that.
I understand that this is your opinion but my experience has been completely different. I have driven my car with cng for 35k Kms after getting the kit installed after completing 45k. I have nothing but good reviews to give.

1) Huge savings - my per km cost is 1.6 rs/km while in petrol its at least 5 rs. It make a very big difference when you have to drive 60 kms a day.

2) Negligible performance drop - Although flatout pick up performance drops by about 20%, once you pick up speed, no issues what so ever. even on the highways. I am a sedate driver generally and when i do want to push the car, i just switch to petrol and she goes just like before.

3) Negligible maintenance required - The ONLY things that need a bit of care after you get CNG are spark plugs and the air filter. Plus of late, ive had to get the kit tuned a few times for better mileage. But its hardly a bother considering the amount of savings the kit gets you.

This is why i am looking for a nice comfy car with factory fitted CNG this time for a better still experience.
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 12:27   #2500
BHPian

Guy's,

Updated the Harman System(Pre-memory upgrade without maps) to version 9.2. I also have the image to update the system.

To update the system
1. One has to transfer the image to a pen drive(FAT32 system) and plug in the USB port.
2. Press home + media+ radio button for a couple of second and select the system update option and then select the existing update image in the pen drive. Post this the update will run automatically and finish and the system will reboot a couple of times.

the ignition needs to be on while updating.

This update solves the clock sync issue, and the playlist reset issue while playing from SD card and receiving calls via Bluetooth connected phone.

Pm me if anyone needs the update files and wants to do the update on their own. Will save the hassle of going to service center.

Please do the update when vehicle is stationary parked at a safe position.
Prithwitheraj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 13:54   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Catalytic converter and catcon retro gasket kit are replaced today by TATA during my visit to a service center for an unscheduled oil change.

The car is Zest Quadrajet Diesel 90ps Aug 2015 model.

As per service adviser, they have received these components and replace advice very recently and just started calling customers from this week, my car was one of the first ones to get the updates in the service center (Active Automobiles, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad).
I too got a call this saturday from MK Motors Kottayam , Kerala asking me to bring my car for a "FREE Part Replacement".
My car is XT QJT 90PS July 2015 Model
Old 16th June 2016, 20:31   #2502

Hello All,
This is my first post on Team BHP. I owns a Zest QJD XMS bought in september 2015. Till today I have completed 33500 kms. Extremely happy and satisfied.I also upgraded to GOLD service pack by paying extra 8000 bucks. And believe me I havn't spend a single penny on my car except diesel and Rs 90 for weights for wheels alignment. A 10/10 from my side on every count especially on fuel efficiency I used to between 24 to 26 average my daily work which generally runs 120-160 kms comprising 65% highway and 35% local work. On highways stretch the average use to be between 26 to 30 as I generally fit throtle at 90 km/h @22rpm. That used to optimize best FE.

I got it serviced (second one) at 29600 km but post that service I a feeling that average has gone drastically down by atleast 4-5 km. There is a lack of thrust. I have to push a bit hard to reach a good speed. I have got it checked multiple times with TML @metro Ambala but avail. They find it alright. No loss of power, No leakage of fuel or air. But I know everything is not alright. What to do?
Old 19th June 2016, 20:40   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Tata Zest has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 4.64 - 6.99 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

• Balanced suspension offers compliant ride quality mated to neutral handling. Nice EPS too
I was going through the zest broucher, it says zest has ABS and CSC (corner stability control). But it doesn't say it has ESP. Can some owning a tata zest please clarify regarding this ?
I would also like to know which cars in india has ESP.

Last edited by phynix123 : 19th June 2016 at 20:42.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:54   #2504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
I was going through the zest broucher, it says zest has ABS and CSC (corner stability control). But it doesn't say it has ESP. Can some owning a tata zest please clarify regarding this ?
I would also like to know which cars in india has ESP.
There is a big difference between EPS and ESP. The former stands for Electric Power Steering, while the later stands for Electronic Stability Program. The Zest certainly has EPS.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 10:26   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldeepak View Post
Hello All,
I got it serviced (second one) at 29600 km but post that service I a feeling that average has gone drastically down by atleast 4-5 km. There is a lack of thrust. I have to push a bit hard to reach a good speed. I have got it checked multiple times with TML @metro Ambala but avail. They find it alright. No loss of power, No leakage of fuel or air. But I know everything is not alright. What to do?
You may consult an independent mechanic to check a few basics -
I feel the air filter and air mass sensor may need a recheck for any blockage and / or contamination.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks