Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 09:33   #2536
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

2 units of Zest 1.2L Petrol AMT have been exported to Italy for testing purposes in June 2016.

Tata Zest : Official Review-zest.jpg

Source : Zauba
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:18   #2537
BHPian

Zest XMS Diesel ( 89BHP )
Odo : 8000 km

On highway runs ( between Pune - Kolhapur section) I get fuel economy of around 27 kmpl consistently from day 1.

Today was something special ! I got 30kmpl !
Pune to Mumbai, Driver + 1 adult, 20 kg baggage, AC usage around 25% of the time, driven consistently at 80kmph in very smooth manner.

It was raining after Lonavala, Car performed brilliantly - very good traction, effective brakes and smooth acceleration.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Zest : Official Review-20160723_095157.jpg  

Ravindra M is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:25   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
Zest XMS Diesel ( 89BHP )
Odo : 8000 km

On highway runs ( between Pune - Kolhapur section) I get fuel economy of around 27 kmpl consistently from day 1.

Today was something special ! I got 30kmpl !
Pune to Mumbai, Driver + 1 adult, 20 kg baggage, AC usage around 25% of the time, driven consistently at 80kmph in very smooth manner.

It was raining after Lonavala, Car performed brilliantly - very good traction, effective brakes and smooth acceleration.
Hi, How much mileage do you get for 100 city running?
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:49   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi, How much mileage do you get for 100 city running?
In Pune, within city

(a) I get around 22-23 kmpl with 100% AC ON in Summer. This is for Home-Office-Home exclusive run with only driver and no passenger, no load. 50% peak hour traffic and 50% non-peak hours traffic. AC makes a lot of difference. Without AC, the mileage jumps to 25 kmpl.

(b) With 2 adults + 1 child, 70% AC ON, in high traffic density and 100% peak hours, I still get 20 kmpl.

I drive with a very light foot at moderate speeds.

Overall, I am very happy with the fuel-economy.
Old 24th July 2016, 11:24   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
In Pune, within city

(a) I get around 22-23 kmpl with 100% AC ON in Summer. This is for Home-Office-Home exclusive run with only driver and no passenger, no load. 50% peak hour traffic and 50% non-peak hours traffic. AC makes a lot of difference. Without AC, the mileage jumps to 25 kmpl.

(b) With 2 adults + 1 child, 70% AC ON, in high traffic density and 100% peak hours, I still get 20 kmpl
These are astonishing numbers. I never give too much attention towards FE of any car, otherwise, but these numbers are just too good. I hope you used the tankful to tankful method? Car's MID figures are not to be taken too seriously.
Old 24th July 2016, 11:44   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
These are astonishing numbers. I never give too much attention towards FE of any car, otherwise, but these numbers are just too good. I hope you used the tankful to tankful method? Car's MID figures are not to be taken too seriously.
I don't use tankful to tankful method since I need to use both the trips meters very often. Only sometimes I do it and found the MID shows deviation of around 5% towards positive side. i.e. actual fuel economy lesser by 5%.

The car has done 8000 km so far. I find 80 to 85 kmph a sweet spot for my driving. Tyres inflated to 35 psi, windows always rolled up and conservative AC usage with light footed accelerator helps to achieve it.
Ravindra M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 13:36   #2542
DSK

Own a Zest XTA white for the last 10 months and have done about 12300 kms. Super smooth with an average mileage of 22-23 in the city with full AC on (Tankful to Tankful method) and an average of 26.5 kms on the highway with the same method. XTA performance on all kinds of roads inclusive of pot-holed roads and ghats has been impressive. The sports mode gives a lovely torque and feels very sporty while handling. Good steering feedback and very comfortable handling !
DSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 16:13   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Own a Zest XTA white for the last 10 months and have done about 12300 kms. Supe..,..........,......impressive. The sports mode gives a lovely torque and feels very sporty while handling. Good steering feedback and very comfortable handling !
Hi, How is the build quality of the car? I plan to sell my Swift and buy Zest XTA. Swift rattles like anything these days. The mileage you mentioned is in sedate driving? What's the average speed.
Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 13:57   #2544
BHPian

With GST around the corner, as per analysts, 4 meter sedans will lose the excise benefit. I think Tata Motors may surprise the market with a New Zest, probably in 2017 - a full grown, proper sedan. It's just a thought, and I hope it turns out to be true.

The current Zest and the forthcoming Kite 5 will sit pretty close as per price and features. So, GST will be a blessing in disguise for Tata Motors, giving them ample of space to place Kite 5 and New-full-grown-proper-sedan Zest, without cannibalizing either products.

Just my 2 cents.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 14:39   #2545

I observed this while cleaning the front windshield of my Zest XT; the bigger wiper has to be lifted up before pulling up the smaller wiper. Looks like a design flaw...
raghu_acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 16:18   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_acharya View Post
I observed this while cleaning the front windshield of my Zest XT; the bigger wiper has to be lifted up before pulling up the smaller wiper. Looks like a design flaw...
This has to be done with my WagonR and Jazz too...

Maybe -- just maybe -- it has something to do with covering more area.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:48   #2547
BHPian

Zest Sportz edition has been launched to celebrate the 2nd anniversary. This particular version will sport a dealer fitted body kit, Tri-color graphics on both sides, Door visors, Contrast color wing mirror housing and Alloy wheels.

TML also introduced the special schemes of INR 3,999 EMI, FOC Insurance worth INR 30,000 and Exchange bonus of up to INR 30,000.

Tata Zest : Official Review-tatazestsportzedition.jpg

Source
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 10:08   #2548
Distinguished - BHPian

I sincerely hope that is not one of the color combinations that they are going to actually sell. It looks horrendous. This is one of the few advertisement pictures where I am desperately looking for that one tiny sentence that reads " actual product may differ from the picture above".

Also the exchange bonus and free insurance schemes have been available since last few months now as we got the same in May.
drmohitg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:20   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Tata Zest Sports Edition launched to celebrate 50,000 sales

Tata Motors has launched a Sports Edition of the Zest compact sedan, in order to celebrate 50,000 unit sales of the car. The Sports Edition is essentially a dealer-level accessory kit, which is being offered at an extra cost, on all variants of the Zest.

The Zest Sports Edition gets tri-colour body graphics on the doors, a red body kit and red ORVMs. Alloy wheels and rain visors are a part of the Special Edition package as well.

The company has also announced various offers on the Zest compact sedan. These include an EMI scheme of Rs. 3,999 per month, free insurance worth Rs. 33,000, an exchange bonus of Rs. 30,000, and various other benefits of up to Rs. 68,000.

There are no mechanical changes with the Zest Special Edition. It continues to be powered by a 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine that develops 89 BHP and 140 Nm of torque, and a 1.3-litre, turbocharged diesel unit from Fiat that is available in two states of tune - 74 BHP and 89 BHP. A 5-speed manual gearbox is standard across the range, while the top-end 89 BHP diesel also gets an AMT unit.

Source: Autos Arena

Tata Zest : Official Review-zestsportsedition.jpg
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:45   #2550
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest Sports Edition launched to celebrate 50,000 sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Tata Motors has launched a Sports Edition of the Zest compact sedan, in order to celebrate 50,000 unit sales of the car. The Sports Edition is essentially a dealer-level accessory kit, which is being offered at an extra cost, on all variants of the Zest.
If this color combination is for real, then it wins the award for the worst exterior color combination ever. This even beats the silly 'special' editions Maruti is known to launch.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed