Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 21:47   #2416
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

The FE shown in my trip meter, once reset works fine initially but slowly moves to 8.0 and gets stuck there eternally unless reset. Anyone else facing this issue?
This has been happening repeatedly now
Old 13th April 2016, 22:20   #2417
BHPian

Got a call today from the dealership where I purchased my Zest. They offered to do a free general checkup. This included engine oil, coolant, windshield wiper fluid check and top up, air filter replacement (after I pushed for the air filter change). They were willing to come over to my residence and do it on a Sunday, if that timing was convenient for me.

Not sure who initiated this exercise (TML or the dealership), but it's a great move IMO. Granted that it's a small thing (fluid top ups and general checks) which can be done at any decent garage or Shell petrol bunk, but their willingness to come over and do it free of cost at the customer premises, at a time as per the customer's convenience, is a good PR move. Will post updates on how it went after it's done.
perty is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:17   #2418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
The FE shown in my trip meter, once reset works fine initially but slowly moves to 8.0 and gets stuck there eternally unless reset. Anyone else facing this issue?
This has been happening repeatedly now
I had a similar problem (in my Zest XMS RT) initially when the FE was stuck at 8.0 kmpl. I was told by SA that the FE meter does that if the fuel level goes below some minimum level (I can't recollect exactly how much but I think he said about 6-8 liters). After I filled fuel (more than half tank capacity), the problem went away.
I do not know if your problem is exactly the same. But I hope this info helps you in some way. Drive safe.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 11:58   #2419
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone noticed a problem of sudden power loss in the Zest XT ? Iam just pointing out the XT cause that's the car i own. I have been observing this for the past 5-7 days. While driving (with AC on ) you suddenly lose power in the fourth and fifth gear. The car just sort of dies. I had to short shift to 3rd gear to get some power and move along.

One of my friend had a major problem which started in a similar manner, and ended with the fuel pump failing somewhere in the middle of a highway. Again he owns a Revotron as well.

I would like to know if some of you have experienced this, and if so, what might be causing it.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:07   #2420
BHPian

My problem continues and agonies piling up.

I bought Tata Zest XMS on late January 2015. I liked the car and its features and the comfort it provides. However since day one I am facing constant issues of cooling.

The AC isn’t cooling enough. I posted about the problem on 3-Feb-15 in this same thread (Post#1754). During the noon the problem worsens. During the last summer it became unbearable and there were plenty of trips to Tata service stations. I approached National Autowheels and then Concord but none of them could resolve the problem. I was tired and hopeless. I stopped driving the car in the noon. Even today I do not use the car for going to office. In the late 2015 I went to the USA and came back in March 16. This time I decided the again pursue the course of getting the issue resolved.

On 17-Mar-2016, I gave my car to National Autowheels (Pune). They mentioned about some free service camp was going on. The service advisor promised me that he would fix the problem and also did some cross selling. I bought whatever he sold. The issue remained as it was. On one Saturday they called me to their workshop to check the "repaired" car. My wife and I went there in an auto rickshaw just to find out that the problem was not resolved. The car continued to be with them for another 13 Days. They returned the "repaired" car on 29-Mar-16 to test for a day or two.

They mentioned that I should check the car for a day or two before signing on the receipt(or service form). The next day when I drove the car to my office it became clear that there wasn’t any improvement. During the noon we had a team lunch from my office and there were three of my colleagues in my car. It was very embarrassing when they asked me when I bought the car and I had to tell them that it was only 1.2 years old. We all were nearly perspiring in the car.

On the very same day I called up Abhijit Waghmare (CRM) and Sunil (Service Manager) at National Autowheels. I narrated the experience to them and requested them to fix the problem.

I called up Abhishek Ananad (Customer Support Manager Tata Motors). He mentioned that he was no longer taking care of National Autowheels and I should talk to Nitin Kataria (State Head Service Maharashtra ). I called him up on 31-Mar-16. He assured me of the fixing the problem and arranging a stand by vehicle.

Yesterday on 13-Apr-16, I received a call from Nitin Kataria. To my disappointment he told me that the car is performing as per the set norms by Tata Motors !
Nitin Kataria further mentioned that he would try to rope in Technical Head of Tata Motors but according him there was no problem!

So after 28 days Tata Motors came to know that there wasn’t any problem !! Actually they are unable to fix the problem and hence it seems that they just want to wash off their hands.

My heart is sinking and I don’t know how to get the problem resolved. This car is not in usable condition and Tata Motors is not knowing what to do. When they dont know what to do, they say everything is fine !

Meanwhile my daughter is reminding me that she asked me to buy a Hyundai Xcent.

Can you guys help me ?

Last edited by Bridge : 14th April 2016 at 12:27.
Old 14th April 2016, 13:37   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
I had a similar problem (in my Zest XMS RT) initially when the FE was stuck at 8.0 kmpl. I was told by SA that the FE meter does that if the fuel level goes below some minimum level (I can't recollect exactly how much but I think he said about 6-8 liters). After I filled fuel (more than half tank capacity), the problem went away.
I do not know if your problem is exactly the same. But I hope this info helps you in some way. Drive safe.
Thanks for that info. I did ride at very low fuel this time and then have done a full tank. The issue is still present. More than low fuel, I have observed this to come up after I tank up and reset the trip meter. This time its still at 8.0 event after resetting it. Will be taking for the first service next week. I hope it is resolved
Old 14th April 2016, 13:44   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Thanks for that info. I did ride at very low fuel this time and then have done a full tank. The issue is still present. More than low fuel, I have observed this to come up after I tank up and reset the trip meter. This time its still at 8.0 event after resetting it. Will be taking for the first service next week. I hope it is resolved
ok. good luck. My Zest is also due for her 1st service soon. I'll also ask TASS if the same issue has been noted by some other customer before.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 14:14   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge View Post
My problem continues and agonies piling up.

My heart is sinking and I don’t know how to get the problem resolved. This car is not in usable condition and Tata Motors is not knowing what to do. When they dont know what to do, they say everything is fine !

Meanwhile my daughter is reminding me that she asked me to buy a Hyundai Xcent.

Can you guys help me ?
Summers are getting hotter every year and I am sure most cars would struggle to keep you cool enough especially in the noon (my experience with Manza). If your car AC isn't cooling at all, then I would advise you to show your car to a competent AC mechanic outside TASS. I am sure there would be a few around in Pune. TASS guys are adept at doing routine service jobs and solving some typical car problems. When you confront them with tricky issues, they will try to wash their hands off.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 14:37   #2424
BHPian

Quote:

Can you guys help me ?
Try tweeting about your problem to @TataZest,@TataMotors. These folks are generally very responsive. Make some noise on social media. You need to make them notice. Did you ask the state service head to take a drive with you in noon time?
Old 14th April 2016, 15:28   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Try tweeting about your problem to @TataZest,@TataMotors. These folks are generally very responsive. Make some noise on social media. You need to make them notice. Did you ask the state service head to take a drive with you in noon time?
Iniitially I posted on twitter. Tweets are generally responded with a call. Then a usual "we will pick up the vehicle and fix it" stuff.

Nitin Kataria (Customer Support Manager Tata Motors, Maharashtra) mentioned that he was at the National Autowheels when they checked the Zest with a similar car on "all parameters". Earlier I had a test drive with Abhijit Waghmare (CRM) and he already experienced the heat and sweat.

But its a good idea to have a test drive with Nitin Kataria. I just sent an SMS to him to have a test drive together.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow this. But I think I need to do more than this.
Old 14th April 2016, 15:49   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone noticed a problem of sudden power loss in the Zest XT ? Iam just pointing out the XT cause that's the car i own. I have been observing this for the past 5-7 days. While driving (with AC on ) you suddenly lose power in the fourth and fifth gear. The car just sort of dies. I had to short shift to 3rd gear to get some power and move along.

I would like to know if some of you have experienced this, and if so, what might be causing it.

Regards,
Devyaani.
Not on the Zest but on a Storme, I was also having jerking and powerloss in 5th gear which was mostly solved by a downshift and higher throttle input.
In my case, we checked everything including Injectors but the issues were not resolved until the Fuel Filter and Sedimenter was changed during my 45k service. Could be a case of bad fuel also.
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 00:25   #2427
BHPian

Quote:

But its a good idea to have a test drive with Nitin Kataria. I just sent an SMS to him to have a test drive together.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow this. But I think I need to do more than this.
I don't know if this will help in pursuing the complaint but still posting it for the benefit of everyone. Download this app from Google playstore to view vehicle history, schedule service and raise complaints.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttl.customersocialapp
Old 15th April 2016, 23:08   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought Tata Zest XMS on late January 2015. I liked the car and its features and the comfort it provides. However since day one I am facing constant issues of cooling
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Summers are getting hotter every year and I am sure most cars would struggle to keep you cool enough especially in the noon (my experience with Manza). If your car AC isn't cooling at all, then I would advise you to show your car to a competent AC mechanic outside TASS. I am sure there would be a few around in Pune. TASS guys are adept at doing routine service jobs and solving some typical car problems. When you confront them with tricky issues, they will try to wash their hands off.
Very sorry to hear about your cooling issues Bridge. I understand it can be quite frustrating at times. However I absolutely agree with what mahesh_sn has said above. Summers are indeed getting hotter every year and to top it nowadays no one dares to put sunfilms on his/her car, which makes the matters worse. I am puzzled why the service centre had to keep the car at their workshop for so long. Better show your car to a competent AC mechanic outside. A simple means to measure the effectiveness of the AC is to hold a thermometer/ temperature guage in front of the air vents after switching the AC on. There are set parameters that the temperature should drop by "X" degrees in "Y" minutes. If that is achieved then your car's AC is perfectly fine. If not then the workshop needs to fix it.

If you show it to an AC mechanic he would first measure the temperature. If the desired temperature is not achieved in a set time, he will then check the AC gas pressure. If it is below the recommended/ specified level, he will then do the gas top up. After that he will check for any gas leakages in the whole AC circuit. If leakages are found he will fix it.

Let me know where you live in Pune. If by chance you come in Pimpri-Chinchwad area, there is a good AC mechanic at Jai Ganesh Vision, Akurdi. I can share further details with you in a private message if you are interested.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 14:27   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devyaaniverma View Post
Hello Everyone,

One of my friend had a major problem which started in a similar manner, and ended with the fuel pump failing somewhere in the middle of a highway. Again he owns a Revotron as well.

Regards,
Devyaani.
It happened with me twice and took it to a Service Centre. They flashed the latest something by connecting to Harman system, changed the Air filter, Oil filter and Fuel filter and the problem has not occurred since then. I might have driven it for a good few hundred KMs so I'm pretty sure the problem got resolved.
devilicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 16:26   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
They flashed the latest something by connecting to Harman system, changed the Air filter, Oil filter and Fuel filter and the problem has not occurred since then.
Are you sure they connected to Harman system? Also which TASS did you go to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks