Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:00   #2566
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Thanks!

@ all.

Any reviews for the night breaker for the low beam?

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-P64210-Ni..._OWZGxb5DN20WD
I have used the night breaker plus in the Linea which has similar H7 for Low Beam and H1 for the high beam. The bulbs do provide better lighting for sure. However with the Linea low beam being pretty poor, I am currently running it on 100w. High beams are very good.

In short the night breaker unlimited (which is available now) does a good job of increasing the brightness and provides decent life as well.
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:11   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I have used the night breaker plus in the Linea which has similar H7 for Low Beam and H1 for the high beam. The bulbs do provide better lighting for sure. However with the Linea low beam being pretty poor, I am currently running it on 100w. High beams are very good.

In short the night breaker unlimited (which is available now) does a good job of increasing the brightness and provides decent life as well.
Zest has the projector setup... Would it suffice?

100w seems cool... Any leads on it? What manufacturer, make, price?
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:21   #2568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
Zest has the projector setup... Would it suffice?

100w seems cool... Any leads on it? What manufacturer, make, price?
Yes works well with the projector set up too. My Colleagues Zest is running with the night breaker plus bulbs.

With Zest you really do not require the 100W. It will be an overkill. The Projectors do a good job of lighting up the road.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 22:07   #2569
BHPian

Is anyone facing rusting issues with Zest. I have a 2014 model (initial batches). Today when I was at the service center, the SA showed me areas under the hood and trunk which had started rusting. He said he will inform TML and try to get the hood and trunk replaced. Wanted to know if any of you have noticed this issue. I have taken a snap. Will upload it soon.
iamdeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 12:26   #2570
BHPian

Hi Zest-Owners,

I am presented with an opportunity to buy a Pre-Owned 2015 Zest XTA run 10K kms. It has been used well in the 16-18 months of its ownership.
I have asked for the Vehicle History from the Showroom, and it seems that it has been in any accident.

The Test drive proves that the car is good, and all electronics work effectively. the BridgeStone Tyres are good too.

Please advise me if there are any other things to look out for in the 2015 batch of Zest.

The price at which I am getting the car is a good 2+Lakh less than the OTR price now.

Thanks in advance!
Old 7th November 2016, 13:12   #2571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
I have asked for the Vehicle History from the Showroom, and it seems that it has been in any accident
Hope I am not intruding, as I am not a Zest owner.

You can check the history of the vehicle yourself too:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...el-system.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 13:27   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesa View Post
Hi Zest-Owners,

I am presented with an opportunity to buy a Pre-Owned 2015 Zest XTA run 10K kms. It has been used well in the 16-18 months of its ownership.
I have asked for the Vehicle History from the Showroom, and it seems that it has been in any accident.

The Test drive proves that the car is good, and all electronics work effectively. the BridgeStone Tyres are good too.

Please advise me if there are any other things to look out for in the 2015 batch of Zest.

The price at which I am getting the car is a good 2+Lakh less than the OTR price now.

Thanks in advance!
The price seems to be a good deal and not a great bargain. Check whether the HU supports the navigation feature from mapmyindia as that was added later. Please keep your expectation lower from an AMT compared to an AT as both behave differently and Zest has an AMT. Finally test drive the vehicle and if you feel it's good go for it.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 15:37   #2573

Hi,

I have Zest XMA which is 1 year old with 6K km ran..
i was looking for AMT diesel so with all good reviews i went for Zest.
But my decision seem to be wrong with XMA except space & comfort the vehicle seem to be lot of issues in in smoother riding.

Since 4 months i am facing auto transmission issue which is intermediate where vehicle suddenly stops with showing "Auto Transmission issue" in cluster.
Again i need to stop the engine & restart the car it goes off. TATA motors unable to rectify the issue & no guarantee that issue reoccur again
Imagine if the vehicle stops suddenly at the higher speed even at 60 speed what would happen to vehicle if somebody following doesn't have control hits my vehicle its quite dangerous .

With all due respect to TATA its a product issue some fix need to be done where I have observed similar issue one of my friend car with same variant.

No solution till now, i have psychological feeling when i drive my car what would happen to me & my family if the issue reoccurs again.

No answers from TATA ,no value for the life with all spending on buying zest its quite bad decision which i made in my life..

Thanks
moni123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 15:03   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moni123 View Post
Hi,

Since 4 months i am facing auto transmission issue which is intermediate where vehicle suddenly stops with showing "Auto Transmission issue" in cluster.

Again i need to stop the engine & restart the car it goes off. TATA motors unable to rectify the issue & no guarantee that issue reoccur again
Imagine if the vehicle stops suddenly at the higher speed even at 60 speed what would happen to vehicle if somebody following doesn't have control hits my vehicle its quite dangerous .

With all due respect to TATA its a product issue some fix need to be done where I have observed similar issue one of my friend car with same variant.

No answers from TATA ,no value for the life with all spending on buying zest its quite bad decision which i made in my life..

Thanks
OHHH! thats too frightening @moni123

I have not come across any such complaint on any other Forum, and this is the first time.
Since when is this problem occurring? And how many times did this happen?

@arindam_xeta had referred to a similar problem here and a Fix is described by @madhu33 here but these seem to be concerning MT Cars.

This issue also finds a mention in the Overdrive review:
Quote:
Another thing I’ve noticed is that the engine has a very weak bottom end. Let the revs drop too much and it will stall, often without any warning. It happened to me numerous times over the weekend – try to cross a speed breaker in second and suddenly you find the accelerator doesn’t respond and the engine is dead. Fortunately it starts immediately with the first crank of the key. This isn’t an issue but you do have to be aware that a change in driving style may be required. And it’s not just the Zest, the small capacity turbo petrol in the Ford EcoSport has the same characteristics. The only reliability issue thus far was when the earthing wire for the starter motor came loose and the motor refused to crank. It was an easily rectifiable problem but one that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.
In the Comment under that Article it is said:
Quote:
After Ecu update Zest is peppy even in Eco mode
and again,
Quote:
There is a software upgrade from Tata which solves the problem of engine stalling on speed breakers easily... Just take it to the service center and they will upgrade the software in 1-2 hours... Its not an engine problem but a known issue with the software which controls the amount of fuel going to the engine...
Please confirm, and let us know here.

Thanks!
All the Best!
yogesa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2016, 19:06   #2575

Hi Yogesh,

This issue occurred many 6 times ,first 3 times times its diagnosed as warning message then scanned & erased. 4th time they fixed break switch ,5th time replaced complete break switch assembly, 6th time whole wiring Harness replaced .
The route cause still unknown as per my feeling its just a try . This is an intermediate issue occurring. Same issue recently observed in another XMA as well so seems to be product issue but not sure. Its very dangerous if the vehicle stops at higher speeds during highway drive.
This is nothing do with software up-gradation as we don't have recent update for QJT but for revtron ( pertol) there is a update.

Thanks
Mohan
moni123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 13:27   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moni123 View Post
Hi Yogesh,

This issue occurred many 6 times ,first 3 times times its diagnosed as warning message then scanned & erased. 4th time they fixed break switch ,5th time replaced complete break switch assembly, 6th time whole wiring Harness replaced .
The route cause still unknown as per my feeling its just a try . This is an intermediate issue occurring. Same issue recently observed in another XMA as well so seems to be product issue but not sure. Its very dangerous if the vehicle stops at higher speeds during highway drive.
This is nothing do with software up-gradation as we don't have recent update for QJT but for revtron ( pertol) there is a update.

Thanks
Mohan
I have also faced this issue, but only in the condition where i have to be in a standstill/crawling (<5kmph) traffic for almost half an hour or more. The moment i am out of traffic and catch up on normal speed, this warning light disappears. Another method is to switch to manual for a moment and then back in auto.

I guess that this is due to the reason that crawling or standing in traffic for very long period without any auto gear shift, makes the AMT think that there is some technical issue that is preventing the gear changes. Hence the warning. Most probably, this scenario would not have been tested as no one would have thought that the vehicle would be required to crawl for more than half an hour at a stretch.
low_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 15:50   #2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
I have also faced this issue, but only in the condition where i have to be in a standstill/crawling (<5kmph) traffic for almost half an hour or more. The moment i am out of traffic and catch up on normal speed, this warning light disappears. Another method is to switch to manual for a moment and then back in auto.

I guess that this is due to the reason that crawling or standing in traffic for very long period without any auto gear shift, makes the AMT think that there is some technical issue that is preventing the gear changes. Hence the warning. Most probably, this scenario would not have been tested as no one would have thought that the vehicle would be required to crawl for more than half an hour at a stretch.
I too have faced this. I think its due to AMT detecting clutch heating up and to protect clutch, it stop shifting as usual. But in my case the car was always drivable, and I wouldn't call this an issue.
Old 17th November 2016, 10:39   #2578

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post

I usually drive in manual mode almost 95 % so it seem to be nothing to do with either auto/manual mode. Standstill/Crawling is AMT behavior during b2b traffic no solution at all. Keep living with that.I feel you should check in service center as it might be very dangerous at high speed driving when vehicle stalls. If there is a delay in moving traffic apply N use hand break.
If the vehicle in 1st gear mode & pressing breaks should sense vehicle & the vehicle gear should automatically change to N as there is no movement of vehicle that's what my understanding but not sure.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th November 2016 at 11:14. Reason: You've used the quote option, so manually seperating your post from quote is not required. :)
Old 17th November 2016, 20:21   #2579
BHPian

Just read this now. Looks like Tata Zest is going to get a makeover which is good on safety

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...form=hootsuite
Old 17th November 2016, 20:26   #2580
Distinguished - BHPian

We have a thread for this too :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ncap-test.html
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks