Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2015, 07:14   #1606
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I paid the booking amount on 23rd, and made the balance payment by 25th Dec. Got the VIN from the SA today, and it is Oct 2014 manufactured car. How old car is acceptable? Should I accept a 3 month old car, when there are no discounts? I am guesssing it has been lying in the yard for 2 months! (in open sun, dust and rain with a good chance of rats having infested the engine bay)

Is it a normal practice to deliver 2.5 to 3 month old car when a new car is booked? Please advice.
First of all congratulations on booking your car and a very happy new year. Now coming to the question. It is perfectly fine if your car is manufactured in October. I took delivery of my Ecosport this December and even my car was manufactured in October. So no issues. You can take delivery.
Old 1st January 2015, 08:47   #1607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I paid the booking amount on 23rd, and made the balance payment by 25th Dec. Got the VIN from the SA today, and it is Oct 2014 manufactured car. How old car is acceptable? Should I accept a 3 month old car, when there are no discounts? I am guesssing it has been lying in the yard for 2 months! (in open sun, dust and rain with a good chance of rats having infested the engine bay)

Is it a normal practice to deliver 2.5 to 3 month old car when a new car is booked? Please advice.
Congrats on booking the car. Irrespective of which month it is manufactured, please do a thorough PDI before the vehicle goes for registration. If you do this, you should not end up with any issues.
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:56   #1608
BHPian

Acche din for Tata Motors?

Tata Motors gained 2.37% to Rs 510.05 at 15:20 IST on BSE after the company said its total sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles rose 10% to 41,734 units in December 2014 over December 2013.

http://<br /> http://wap.business-st...9_1.html<br />
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:07   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Acche din for Tata Motors?

Tata Motors gained 2.37% to Rs 510.05 at 15:20 IST on BSE after the company said its total sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles rose 10% to 41,734 units in December 2014 over December 2013.

http://wap.business-standard.com/article/news-cm/tata-motors-gains-on-decent-sales-in-december-115010200989_1.html
That could be one of the reasons. But the main reason was the fall of all automobile stocks a couple of days back due to the excise duty news. So all auto stocks had fallen a bit.

The market was rallying yesterday, so all the sectors including the auto zoomed up like anything.
Old 3rd January 2015, 09:39   #1610
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
That could be one of the reasons. But the main reason was the fall of all automobile stocks a couple of days back due to the excise duty news. So all auto stocks had fallen a bit.

The market was rallying yesterday, so all the sectors including the auto zoomed up like anything.

Not true. Yes, the market bounced back but as many as 13 out of the 21 stocks on the auto sector index were in the red yesterday.

Tata has managed to wrest the downward spiral a bit, and it will show on its YoY numbers and share prices. Let's just hope the dampener of the excise duty doesn't hit the sector again.
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:25   #1611
Senior - BHPian

[quote=narayan;3613348]Let me know once you sell your Vista. I am struggling to get reasonable quotes for my Dec 2009 Vista !

Can I ask what quote are you getting. I couple of weeks back exchanged my 5.5 year old 1 lakh + kms clocked Vista Qjet for 2 lakhs.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 15:16   #1612
rkg
Senior - BHPian

[quote=amitwlele;3614968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Let me know once you sell your Vista. I am struggling to get reasonable quotes for my Dec 2009 Vista !

Can I ask what quote are you getting. I couple of weeks back exchanged my 5.5 year old 1 lakh + kms clocked Vista Qjet for 2 lakhs.
I have sold my Oct 2008 Vista Qjet Aura with 92K on ODO for 2.7 in June 2014 in bangalore
rkg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 23:08   #1613
BHPian

I have an interesting situation. Need the experts guidance.

I have invoiced Zest XT RT on 30th Dec and awaiting the delivery. Have a loan component from SBI as well.
Now, I have a likely abroad assignment for a duration of 6+ months. I checked with the dealer to see if he can cancel the booking and he says he can't help me in anyway as the vehicle is invoiced in my name.
What are the available options?
Old 4th January 2015, 00:23   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have an interesting situation....
Now, I have a likely abroad assignment for a duration of 6+ months. I checked with the dealer to see if he can cancel the booking and he says he can't help me in anyway as the vehicle is invoiced in my name.
What are the available options?
So what, no big deal, you CAN cancel it, maybe they'll deduct abit ( ~2000-3000 IF they've such a clause in the booking form).

Be stern & warn them that you'll contact Tata Motors Customer Care if they don't cancel the booking. Infact I guess its best you write to Tata right away requesting the cancellation, maybe the dealer won't even deduct any amount.

Who is this dealer btw? They're probably in pressure to show high sales in December & hence pressurising you, but this is unethical.

Btw, IIRC 30th December was the last day that the excise duty sops were extended to auto industry. You're probably in the last batch of people who gained from the duty benefits. (Edit : Apart from that, I guess its the last batch that got Alloys in all variants & free Insurance & Silver AMC from TATA.)

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 4th January 2015 at 00:29. Reason: Edit
Old 4th January 2015, 07:25   #1615
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
balajisv : I checked with the dealer to see if he can cancel the booking and he says he can't help me in anyway as the vehicle is invoiced in my name.
Just to be sure ... Did you ask to see the invoice / did he show it ?
Old 4th January 2015, 08:06   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
So what, no big deal, you CAN cancel it, maybe they'll deduct abit ( ~2000-3000 IF they've such a clause in the booking form).

Be stern & warn them that you'll contact Tata Motors Customer Care if they don't cancel the booking. Infact I guess its best you write to Tata right away requesting the cancellation, maybe the dealer won't even deduct any amount.

Who is this dealer btw? They're probably in pressure to show high sales in December & hence pressurising you, but this is unethical.

Btw, IIRC 30th December was the last day that the excise duty sops were extended to auto industry. You're probably in the last batch of people who gained from the duty benefits. (Edit : Apart from that, I guess its the last batch that got Alloys in all variants & free Insurance & Silver AMC from TATA.)
Thanks for your reply.
I will check out with TM.

Though I'm really excited to get my new set of wheels, I don't want a case where it lies unused for months if I indeed travel on work!

Yes, my vehicle was invoiced on 30th. I'm sure since they confirmed the 333 offer.

Free insurance? Are you sure?!
Old 4th January 2015, 08:16   #1617
BANNED

Quote:

Though I'm really excited to get my new set of wheels, I don't want a case where it lies unused for months if I indeed travel on work!
Are you the only person who will be using this car? (Sorry as I haven't read the earlier posts).

'IF': In case you have a person who will take care of the car just the way you would as it needs run-in etc, then get the delivery rather than cancelling.

I know the new car sentiment is there but why lose an opportunity.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:15   #1618

I tried to connect my Ipod (Shuffle) to my RT XMS using the USB cable. When ever I connect, it says USB detected and no audio files.
I formatted the IPOd and loaded songs (.mp3 format), but again faced the same issue.

I know connecting through aux cable is an option and is working, but wanted to know the reason why can't I connect through USB port.

Has anyone faced same/similar issues with IPOD?
Old 5th January 2015, 19:15   #1619
BHPian

[quote=rkg;3615073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

I have sold my Oct 2008 Vista Qjet Aura with 92K on ODO for 2.7 in June 2014 in bangalore
Wow!
I sold my Dec 2012 Vista VX in June 2014 for 3 lakhs with just 18K kms on it. How did you manage to get such a high resale value?
Old 5th January 2015, 19:24   #1620
BHPian

[quote=Lobogris;3616640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post

Wow!
I sold my Dec 2012 Vista VX in June 2014 for 3 lakhs with just 18K kms on it. How did you manage to get such a high resale value?
He sold it in Blr, you in Delhi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks