Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2015, 16:19   #1786
BHPian

Re: Tata Zest : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That's great news! Can you look up the bill and post here so as to benefit other members. Hope the work was done under warranty?! If nothing is mentioned on the bill, can you enquire with your SA to get the details?

At least one knows what has been changed in the handbrake system.
No mention on the bill.
I called up my SA, he told me that there has been no change as such,
There is a small no.10 size hand brake tension setting nut somewhere at the rear, which was adjusted.
Old 11th February 2015, 18:13   #1787
BHPian

OK guys so how about a silver xt (8 spoke alloys) with gloss black roof, gloss black alloys, matte red callipers and rear drums and dark tinted windows and rear windshield?

Need your comments

Last edited by bullet_chacha : 11th February 2015 at 18:14. Reason: irritating auto correct
Old 11th February 2015, 19:10   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post
OK guys so how about a silver xt (8 spoke alloys) with gloss black roof, gloss black alloys, matte red callipers and rear drums and dark tinted windows and rear windshield?
Looking forward for the images. Get them posted soon.

Hope you are having great experiences with your Zest.
Old 11th February 2015, 19:15   #1789
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet_chacha View Post

Need your comments
Rest seems OK but tinted glass would be illegal IMO.

Do think about before proceeding.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th February 2015 at 08:35. Reason: typo
Old 12th February 2015, 04:48   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
GPS Navigation via smart phone is now provided with new Zest as per the print ad's. Checked with Tata motors service representative if this software update is made available for older Zest. He told there is no plans to provide this update now.

As per update on FB Zest user's forum this would be made available as part of Feb software upgrade, but it seems it is not the case. I am not sure why TML cannot give this update, as it is only software update. Would have brought a good amount of good will from existing customers. I will follow up with TML on this. Hope good sense prevails and they provide it for all Zest.
Alas it's not just a software update. It needs a hardware change also (memory). Somebody had mentioned this in a post earlier. I had confirmed this with a TML employee too. And it's not that we could put an extra memory chip or anything, it needs a change of the HK unit itself. So I guess we have to make do with Google maps and a smartphone on a car phone holder.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 11:01   #1791
Senior - BHPian

This is what I found on Zest FB page - regarding upgrade

Information for Existing Zest Owners
Dear Zest Owners,

Thank you for writing in to us. This is to inform you that ConnectNext Infotainment by Harman™ cannot be changed for the existing Zest owners.

As you know, the ConnectNext Infotainment by Harman™ has been specifically tailor-made for the Zest. Since it is a customized solution, it connects to all the major components inside the car, constantly transmitting data and analytics to the DIS (driver information system) and back. Changing or modifying it will entail an entire overhaul of hardware and software systems.

Technology advancements will continue to happen through the lifecycle of our products.

Regards,
Team Zest
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 22:23   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Alas it's not just a software update. It needs a hardware change also (memory). Somebody had mentioned this in a post earlier. I had confirmed this with a TML employee too. And it's not that we could put an extra memory chip or anything, it needs a change of the HK unit itself. So I guess we have to make do with Google maps and a smartphone on a car phone holder.
During a panel discussion on Connected Cars organized by TML in Bangalore, one of the panelist was the CTO of Harman India. He told me that Smart Phone based navigation can be provided for existing Zest units, but not the video steaming as it needs additional memory. IIRC older Zest units have 256mb RAM and 512mb is needed for video streaming.
isandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2015, 13:52   #1793
BHPian

I have decided to go for Zest XMA. Have checked the details in two show rooms. There is a bit of confusion on alloy wheels. One showroom confirms that there is no company fitted alloy wheels for the cars booked effective 1st Feb. An other show room says XMA comes with alloys and only XE and XM versions will not have default alloys. Do anybody have first hand information on this?

Also starting January, gold AMC cost for 45k/3years has been increased from 7800 to 17900 . Sales advisor told me that 2014 Zests came with silver AMC by default and showroom was offering an upgrade to gold AMC at that cost which is no more the case. Is it really worth to go for AMC at that cost while each 15k service is expected to cost between 4~5k?
Old 16th February 2015, 07:12   #1794
BANNED

Didn't you answer your own question?
5 15k services at 4K each = 20k
AMC 18k.
You save 2k. Enjoy that for fuel.
As a request, get the XT. ABS And airbags are a lifesaver.
Old 16th February 2015, 10:01   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
AMC 18k.
First oil change service is at 15K, that means its only 3 oil and consumable changes in first 45K. Which should come around 12k~13k .

Unfortunately there is no AMT option in XT versions. Else I would definitely go with airbag option.
Old 16th February 2015, 10:12   #1796
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
AMC 18k.
Excuse me, if service intervals are @15K how there can be 5 services in 45K?. If you are thinking of first two services at 1K and 5K they are mostly check up with no change in any consumables. So in fact there are only 3 service where consumables are to be changed. I do not know how many free services are offered with Zest, if it is 4 then only one service at 45K will be paid one( labour).

My ARIA consumable cost for 15K is 3593/- and it will be 5200/ for 30K and again 3593+1250 labour for 45K.

Zest consumes less engine oil than 2.2 ARIA which requires 7.5 ltrs of engine oil. i think it is 3.7 ltr for Zest as it is 1.3 multijet( same as my old Vista)
rkg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 10:31   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Someone please mail Tata higher authorities so some kind of action is taken.
Dear a4anurag - already done, thanks! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 16th February 2015, 10:48   #1798
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear a4anurag - already done, thanks! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thank you Sir. Hope they do take some action and may be call every owner to rectify the issue.
Old 16th February 2015, 13:31   #1799
BANNED

Well, in that case, I'll still recommend the AMC. Gives protection against random failures.
Just like BSI, isn't it?
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 17:02   #1800

Done with my 1st Servicing a week back after 3600+ kms @ Concorde Motors, Sanath Nagar - Hyderabad

Problems pointed and status:

1) Left headlight is not projecting properly compared to Right one. There was significant difference between the two ---> Rectified

2) Right Tail light broken ( Saw one of the two electric poles while reversing ) --> Yet to replace as there are no available spares (Cost : 1500 would be charged for tail light set + Labour Charges)

Total bill 3200 (charged 200+ for Nitrogen in Tyres and windshield shampoo. 3000 for under-body Anti-rust coating)

I am TCS employee and yet to receive few things from the welcome Kit Given to TATA Employees. The dealer says they have not yet received it from the Corporate. I opted for Utility Kit ( Rubber Mats + car Body cover + Mobile Holder + Mud flaps). Dealer gave Rubber Mats and Car body cover from his inventory.

Has anyone received the entire kit?

Most Viewed