Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 00:53   #136
BHPian

Re: Datsun GO+ : Official Review

Looking at it, I keep wondering how it will look with 14 inch or 15 inch wheels and fat tyres that fill the arches... Can any one of the photoshop-ically inclined members here please do the honours?

For a family that has Dad, Mum, Granddad, Grandmum, and two kids, this seems like the only vehicle where the can all go someplace together, if Dad isn't affluent enough to get a real MPV over 6-7 lacs. For city drives and the occasional picnic, this would be more than sufficient, and certainly safer than an overloaded hatch. And when he's driving alone, the engine should be peppy enough to have some fun. Even if you're not gonna use those extra seats, the extra cargo space should be important for some.

I'm gonna take a closer look at the Go+ this weekend and see if it has potential to be a fun wagon.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 01:06   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Looking at it, I keep wondering how it will look with 14 inch or 15 inch wheels and fat tyres that fill the arches... Can any one of the photoshop-ically inclined members here please do the honours?
Nevermind... A Google search revealed that Indonesian modders have been quite busy!!!

Datsun GO+ : Official Review-4f8c4f7aebf7f37ef30b4e93fc15696e.jpg

Datsun GO+ : Official Review-8cc7d8d89b5e837fae5ab75b3c5e22ba.jpg

I think it looks surprisingly good!!!
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 08:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

Are Datsun offering major discounts on the car because I'm suddenly seeing a lot of Datsuns - go and go+ - in a small town like Udupi. Got to say it has good road presence.
Old 15th April 2016, 23:02   #139
Senior - BHPian

I have five Go Pluses as fleet vehicles. Since I drive them every now and then for short durations to see if they are in a good condition, I have a fair sense of idea how they have been doing.

I bought them in January, almost all of them have crossed the 15k mark. They have been doing good till now, in terms of fuel efficiency (CNG, BRC kit fitted by authorised dealer)and reliability.

Due to its light weight built, I was fearing for rattles, but till now there hasn't been in any of them. Maybe they will come once they gather more kilometres. Do mind that Tatas will start rattling in the same time period. Yes, including the Bolt.

The buttons, switches, indicater stalks are lifted from Nissan and are of good quality. No fault here too yet.

All of them have had their last free service (the 10k one), which costed around 1600-1800 rupees per vehicle. Soon I will get to see how much does a full paid service costs.

What I like about the GO Plus, is it's pickup and the sound (the three cylinder thrum) the engine makes. Coupled with the exhaust, it makes a very motorcycle-ish note and I like it

The pickup is actually great and the car seriously feels quicker than it is. The suspension is good enough, but could have been better.

The biggest irritant is the hand brake, which constantly rubs against my left knee.

It feels cheap, because it IS cheap. And since they are fleet vehicles, I have no issues there.

In all, considering it's price, and the returns I get (in the fleet, it comes under the same category as the Dzire or Xcent), I am impressed overall and looking forward to buying more of them soon.

Last edited by ashutoshb : 15th April 2016 at 23:05.
ashutoshb is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 12:34   #140
BHPian

Hello All

I have booked the GO+ XV(o) with airbag and plan to use primarily it as a city hatch with a bigger boot space and the convenience of a station wagon and some short highway trips

Mods i plan to undertake (any suggestions for places to go to do the same in chennai and any suggestions are welcome)

1. Third Row seat gets thrown out

2. Tyre and Rim to alloys upsize for better grip and looks - Look forward to your suggestions here please. Was looking at going for 14 inch instead of 13 and little wider

3. Reverse camera (to help my dad when he drives it)

4. ICE with display and bluetooth - I am finding it difficult as its a 1DIN space and i need to find either a roof mount screen or a pop up please help here with suggestions. If possible steering mounted remote as well

5. Lights for the interior - Badly need lights for the 2nd row and the boot space. Mood lighting ?

6. Power windows for the rear seats and somehow get the controls for all doors in one place near driver also..

7. Remote locking

8. Better seat belts for 2nd Row seats

9. Last but the most important a better "Horn"

Look forward for all your suggestions
kaushikkrishnan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 18:08   #141
BHPian

Datsun launches GO and GO+ ‘Style’ editions between Rs 4.06 to 4.77 lakh

Datsun has introduced the special editions of the Datsun GO and Datsun GO+, known as 'Style' edition in India. The duo models have been introduced with new exterior colours and a host of new features. Limited only for a period of three months starting from August till October 2016, both these cars will be sold across company's 231 sales outlets in the country.

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...7-lakh/338303/
Old 9th September 2016, 18:17   #142
Senior - BHPian

India made Datsun Go+ goes on sale in South Africa

The India made Datsun Go+ MPV has been launched in South Africa, with sales having begun from August 31, 2016. The MPV is being produced at the Renault-Nissan Alliance plant in Oragadam near Chennai.

The Oragadam plant near Chennai started operations in 2010. Since then, the company has exported over 620,000 cars to various markets across the world. As of now, the Chennai plant caters to 106 countries, including major markets like Britain, Switzerland, Germany and Italy. Recently, the company has added Datsun redi-GO to its export portfolio, which is being sold in Nepal and Sri Lanka.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 9th September 2016 at 18:19.
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 11:56   #143

Very detailed review. Thank you guys for such a informative and detailed review.

It looks BHPians have suddenly become very safety cautious. Criticizing Nissan, Design team, crying for not having ABS, Air Bags, Non Retractable seat belts, and what not. Too much of criticism.

I would like you all to honestly answer below questions. (HONESTLY)

1. How many of us use seat belt while driving. (No matter where city / highway and how fast or slow we are driving)
Do we use seat belt 100% of time we drive ?

2. How many of us and our family members use seat belt while occupying co driver seat ? 100 % of time ?

3. How many of us and our family members use seat belts while seating on rear seats. 100 % of time ?

4. How many of us follow traffic signals ? Without fail 100 % of time ?

5. How many of us follow the speed limit mentioned on the road. Or insist our driver to follow it ? without fail 100 % of time ?

6. How many of us follow other on road alert signs like School / village ahead, no overtaking, etc. and respond responsibly by controlling the car speed ? Without fail 100 % of time ?

7. How many of us successfully stayed away from Alcohol / Cigarettes / Tobacco after reading bold and clear WARNING printed on the product ?

8. How many of us don't drive after consuming Alcohol or Avoid Drink & Drive ? Without any excuse such as being or pretending to be an extra alert or vigilant after consuming alcohol.

We don't have to answer them on this forum, we just have to answer them to our-self, but HONESTLY.

No automobile manufacturer ever design and develop unsafe vehicle. They will not even intent to do so.
There is certainly a difference in level of safety offered and this level of safety offered is directly proportionate to the price or premium we are willing to pay, and buyers priorities.

Automobile manufacturers are not like Tobacco / Cigarette manufacturers who actually knows they are going to kills their valued customers and eventually they do kill them.

Be safe on road and drive responsibly, and enjoy drives.
msranade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 12:32   #144

BHPians its not a full size 7 str car, its a 5 +2 (5 Adult + 2 Kid) car. Even Nissan sales person will clearly mention the same thing to you. Nissan never claimed to have introduced 7 Str. to compete with Ertiga, Mobilio etc.

There is absolutely no logic comparing Go+ with Ertiga / Mobilio. The very same way Ertiga / Mobilio should never be compare / compete Innova.
If at all we wish to compare this car then we should compare it with Omni / Eco / Venture etc.

Go+ is just an extension to the budget hatch. This extension is going to offer a small seat for two kids or very good luggage room. It may prove to be the best alternative for Omni and Eco as both cars are not equipped with AC. (Eco 5 str has AC 7 str don't) Also Go+ is more like a car rather a small cute looking car. Omni & Eco are like boxes. Go+ will offer better handling & comfort than Omni & Eco. I believe Go+ will also be safer than Omni & Eco.

Go+ is a good option for the family of 6 (4 Adults & 2 Kids) having a tight budget. Even a family of 4 can consider this for better luggage space.

Also every car has its own limit, just stay within the limit and enjoy the drive.

BHPians can we have owners reviews please. Those first hand reviews will certainly help others.
Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th April 2017 at 12:26. Reason: back to back posts merged
msranade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 14:09   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msranade View Post
BHPians can we have owners reviews please. Those first hand reviews will certainly help others.
Thanks.
I think there is only one guy here who has bought the car. He has posted in this thread - you can contact him.
Old 11th January 2017, 14:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msranade View Post
Very detailed review. Thank you guys for such a informative and detailed review.

It looks BHPians have suddenly become very safety cautious. Criticizing Nissan, Design team, crying for not having ABS, Air Bags, Non Retractable seat belts, and what not. Too much of criticism.

I would like you all to honestly answer below questions. (HONESTLY)

1. How many of us use seat belt while driving. (No matter where city / highway and how fast or slow we are driving)
Do we use seat belt 100% of time we drive ?

100% of the times when I drive and 99% of the times, I am a passenger. 1% because, many a times, the cabbies have put in the seat cover hiding the seat belts.

2. How many of us and our family members use seat belt while occupying co driver seat ? 100 % of time ?

95% of the times in city usage and 100% on the highway. 100% for the person seating ahead, next to me. The rule becomes 100 % for everyone on the highway for my family; Their safety is my prime concern.

3. How many of us and our family members use seat belts while seating on rear seats. 100 % of time ?

Even my 5 year old wears the seat belt (lap belt). He knows, it's for his safety.

4. How many of us follow traffic signals ? Without fail 100 % of time ?

Try for 100 %. Unless, there is a speeding truck coming from behind and flashing his light

5. How many of us follow the speed limit mentioned on the road. Or insist our driver to follow it ? without fail 100 % of time ?

I would say this is debatable. There are some stretches where it reads 40 KMPH, however, everyone else drives there at 60 or 75. In such a scenario, if you drive at 40, one would end up in an accident.

6. How many of us follow other on road alert signs like School / village ahead, no overtaking, etc. and respond responsibly by controlling the car speed ? Without fail 100 % of time ?

I do.

7. How many of us successfully stayed away from Alcohol / Cigarettes / Tobacco after reading bold and clear WARNING printed on the product ?

Won't say about others, I am a teetotaler.

8. How many of us don't drive after consuming Alcohol or Avoid Drink & Drive ? Without any excuse such as being or pretending to be an extra alert or vigilant after consuming alcohol.

Same as above

We don't have to answer them on this forum, we just have to answer them to our-self, but HONESTLY.

No automobile manufacturer ever design and develop unsafe vehicle. They will not even intent to do so.

There is certainly a difference in level of safety offered and this level of safety offered is directly proportionate to the price or premium we are willing to pay, and buyers priorities.

Automobile manufacturers are not like Tobacco / Cigarette manufacturers who actually knows they are going to kills their valued customers and eventually they do kill them.

Be safe on road and drive responsibly, and enjoy drives.
Let me give you my perspective and answer to the questions! Regarding the last bit, Datsun is nothing but an auto-rickshaw on 4 wheels. Sorry to be sounding so harsh, but I was in awe of the car when launched; I went to the showroom to see and feel it; Nano may have got a similar rating but Nano is definitely better built than the Datsun.

Note to mods: I tried responding with just Italic fonts, but the messages were getting lost in quotes. Do advise if it is okay to keep them in bold?

Last edited by amtak : 11th January 2017 at 14:36.
amtak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:52   #147

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2017 at 17:23.
msranade is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th April 2017, 18:44   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikkrishnan View Post
Hello All

I have booked the GO+ XV(o) with airbag and plan to use primarily it as a city hatch with a bigger boot space and the convenience of a station wagon and some short highway trips
========
Look forward for all your suggestions
You are going to change almost entire car except engine and chassis! This will transform the car into Go++!

How much would they cost you? Why don't you consider any other car with the specifications you intended to have in Go+
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:25   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

MADE IN INDIA DATSUN GO+ and exported to S Africa fails in GLOBAL NCAP tests.

Quote:
The bodyshell was rated as unstable and it was not capable of withstanding any further loadings.
Datsun GO+ : Official Review-capture.jpg

Quote:
scoring a one-star rating. Go+ was rated unstable in frontal crash as the steering wheel movement recorded high compression to the chest of the driver dummy. In the child occupant safety, the car scored a slightly better two stars.

Indian-made Datsun GO (a five-seater hatchback of same make) underwent a crash testing in South Africa in September, 2016, where the car failed horribly, scoring 0/135.

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd November 2017 at 14:31.
Old 17th January 2018, 15:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

Has any Datsun Go Plus owner tried to get the 2nd and 3rd row bench seats converted to 60:40 Split (2nd row) and 50:50 split (3rd row)? I was wondering if I can buy Datsun Cross when it is launched in India and get the seats converted somewhere to make it more suitable to my need. Kindly any owner's or fellow TBHPians, who can shed light on how to get these conversions done, and how much would such a thing cost? Ertiga VXi is way over my budget, and LXi has same seating configuration as Datsun Cross so no significant use except the slightly added extra leg room in the last row. I do not need a full time 7 seater, a 5+1 will work for me, but not KUV100!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks