Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 14:44   #1861
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
I have a question for Jazz CVT owners. I'm in the market for a new petrol hatchback and I have a daily running of 50 kms(around 800-1000 kms a month) so a good fuel economy is required. How is the CVT version overall, in terms of Performance and fuel economy? Does the car really feel underpowered below 2,500 rpm and how good is it to drive around in the city? Also, what's the fuel economy that I can expect with 60-70% of city usage? And does a monthly running of 800-1000 kms justify a diesel or not.
Dear nimit3105,

I have a Jazz Petrol V CVT since Oct 2015.
I have regularly updated my FE in my thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

I agree with the others who have said that diesel is not justified.

To summarize, I get about 15~17 kmpl overall, 20~24 kmpl on highway.
The best part it is the drive-ability in the city traffic conditions. It is just sooooo smooth.
The CVT is good enough from as low as 1000 rpm too! Above 2000~2500 rpm it becomes a 'different animal'.

My suggestion: just stop procrastinating and buy it!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 17:34   #1862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I just ordered the armrest for $52 (after applying a $3 coupon as $10 coupon is applicable only when we order for $200+). I hope it fits the Jazz that is getting delivered tomorrow.
Hello exe2k2,

I have ordered the same armrest too from Aliexpress & it is being shipped in 2 packages, 1 with the holder & the other with storage box. I have received the holder already & today I got a call from the postal delivery guy asking me to pay an extra 1275/ for the storage box package as per customs is what he said. Did you pay anything extra for the package, if so let me know details about it. I have told him to take back the package with him as I was not sure of the bill which doesnt contain any sign, stamp nor seal from the customs apart from 41% calculation for a total of 3000. Waiting to hear from you before taking any action
Old 21st September 2016, 18:11   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Hello exe2k2,

I have ordered the same armrest too from Aliexpress & it is being shipped in 2 packages, 1 with the holder & the other with storage box. I have received the holder already & today I got a call from the postal delivery guy asking me to pay an extra 1275/ for the storage box package as per customs is what he said. Did you pay anything extra for the package, if so let me know details about it. I have told him to take back the package with him as I was not sure of the bill which doesnt contain any sign, stamp nor seal from the customs apart from 41% calculation for a total of 3000. Waiting to hear from you before taking any action
I haven't got the shipment yet.

The tracking info says "【India】Record item customs information (Inb),Air,CED LMA MADRAS,Retention reason : Retained by customs for unspecified reason"
Old 21st September 2016, 18:16   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I haven't got the shipment yet.

The tracking info says "【India】Record item customs information (Inb),Air,CED LMA MADRAS,Retention reason : Retained by customs for unspecified reason"
Oh ok, my package came via (Inb),Air,MUMBAI FOREIGN POST OFFICE, checking the mumbai customs website to see if I can find any information. Also informed the same to the seller in aliexpress, waiting to hear back from him as well. Will keep you posted if I find any information about this which would make it easier for you when your package arrives & in a similar situation
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 19:39   #1865
BHPian

I have received mine in Pune today, it took one month to arrive and without customs charge. Total cost being approx US $72
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:17   #1866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Expect mileage of 11-13km/l if you drive with a light foot within Mumbai.!
My Honda Jazz VMT petrol is giving me 16.1 kmpl as of today in city driving condition. (AC Off 70% of the time).

I expect it to increase a bit more (around 17kmpl) by the time she completes 1 month.

I must say that I am religiously following the "run-in" period and have never gone above 2500 RPM since the date of delivery - 6th Sep. Also other things like warming up engine for 2 minutes etc. is being done carefully.

I think I should get around 19-20 on highway easily. I love this machine !!
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:31   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Total cost : 800 for the Skoda like horn and 200 for labor. Now the car has got some character with the honk and has a better road presence.
I too installed Bosch dual tone trumpet horns on my Jazz. Yes.now the horn is giving her some character !
Total cost - 650 Rs. No labor charges. I had some anxious moments when they removed the left fog lamp cover and number plate in install the horns. Fortunately all went well and it was over in 20 minutes. Now happy with Skoda like horn. Only thing I miss from my Swift is that the Jazz's horn is bit tough to reach. I was able to reach Swift's horn using my thumbs with utmost ease. With Honda, I need to lift my hand from steering and press firmly. Little inconveniences of life
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:49   #1868
BHPian

Do the seat belts on jazz come with pretensioner and force limiter? Couldn't see that listed in the brochure
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:56   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
Do the seat belts on jazz come with pretensioner and force limiter? Couldn't see that listed in the brochure
In short: Diesel YES, Petrol NO.

This was previously discussed.

On a separate note, I'm thinking of buying this OBD2 diagnostic connector.
Anybody tried this particular one? Any reviews?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 23rd September 2016 at 09:58. Reason: had to add another thing to the post.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:06   #1870
BHPian

If the monthly running is 1500-2000 kms does CVT makes sense or will it be better to go with diesel?
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:52   #1871
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
In short: Diesel YES, Petrol NO.

This was previously discussed.
Very difficult to believe, regardless of what the customer service guy says. In airbag equipped cars, seatbelts with pre-tensioners are made by the airbag supplier. The seatbelt will have a tag at the point where it is fixed to the floor. Example:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-takata.jpg

Can petrol Jazz owners check and revert back?

Last edited by SmartCat : 23rd September 2016 at 11:05.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:53   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
If the monthly running is 1500-2000 kms does CVT makes sense or will it be better to go with diesel?
You are making an "apple to oranges" comparison.

The CVT makes sense for high city usage, sacrificing fuel efficiency for convenience. The diesel sacrifices convenience for fuel efficiency. Which one suits you better depends on how and where you would use it.
Motard_Blr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:04   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1) In a stationary car, wear seatbelts and suddenly try to move your body forward. If the seatbelt holds you back, that means it comes with pre-tensioners.

Attachment 1557858
All seat belts do this. This is called an inertia reel locking system. A sudden forward movement locks the belt reel. The best type of seat belt is a 6 point racing seat belt. But this is impractical and would be unsafe because too few people would use it. The current passenger car seat belt design is the safest mainly because it is so easy to use that most people do use it.

You seem to have misunderstood the function of a seat belt pretensioner. The real function of a seat belt pretensioner is to pull the passenger towards the seat back BEFORE the airbag has inflated fully. This reduces the chance of an injury to the passenger in a frontal collision by correctly restraining him/her and allowing more distance and time for the airbag to inflate. The impact of an inflating airbag on an unrestrained or insufficiently restrained person can be violent and cause serious injury.
Motard_Blr is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:08   #1874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
All seat belts do this. This is called an inertia reel locking system. A sudden forward movement locks the belt reel. The best type of seat belt is a 6 point racing seat belt. But this is impractical and would be unsafe because too few people would use it. The current passenger car seat belt design is the safest mainly because it is so easy to use that most people do use it.

You seem to have misunderstood the function of a seat belt pretensioner. The real function of a seat belt pretensioner is to pull the passenger towards the seat back BEFORE the airbag has inflated fully. This reduces the chance of an injury to the passenger in a frontal collision by correctly restraining him/her and allowing more distance and time for the airbag to inflate. The impact of an inflating airbag on an unrestrained or insufficiently restrained person can be violent and cause serious injury.
You are right. I edited my post while you were typing
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:54   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Very difficult to believe, regardless of what the customer service guy says.
The message was not from the dealer customer service but directly from Honda India customer support people.
chandras1 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks