Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2016, 23:01   #1906
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Does anybody here own an S MT (ivtec) ? Does it come with a Rear Wash / wipe? Can S MT owners share their interior images of their car?
Old 2nd October 2016, 02:22   #1907
BHPian

Pollution check problem.

It's been 1 year since I got my jazz ivtec and hence went to get PUC done. I went to 3 pumps in East Delhi over the last week and all of them refused that we cannot do a pollution check for the ivtec as it's 'RPM are high'. One pump tried to do it and after 15 minutes of burning fuel he asked me to get the 'RPM lowered' from Honda although the car had come from service just a week back. The other 2 places did not bother to waste time and said we can't do PUC for ivtec and I should just check at some other place. Anyone else faces this issue? Can anyone help me what should I do to get PUC for my car. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Does anybody here own an S MT (ivtec) ? Does it come with a Rear Wash / wipe? Can S MT owners share their interior images of their car?
It does not come with rear wash wipe as even the SV does not have that. Missing safety features and ICE without the colour screen and camera are the major differences between S and SV.

Last edited by ToyotaFan : 2nd October 2016 at 02:27.
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:47   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I went to 3 pumps in East Delhi over the last week and all of them refused that we cannot do a pollution check for the ivtec as it's 'RPM are high'.
I can not digest this. What's your idle RPM? Mine is around 600-700 once the engine is warm (3-4 minutes after cold start). If it is above 1000, get it checked by Honda. It's very easy to tune the engine to have lower idle RPM.

Quote:
Rear wash and wiper starts from V version. It was one of the factor due to which I went for V instead of SV. Also, alloy wheels and climate control makes it a better deal. In my opinion, VX is not much worth in comparison with V if you are not die hard fan of magic seats. VX has spoiler but that did not spoil my decision

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2016 at 09:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:00   #1909
BHPian

I've read a horror story of an extremely unhappy Honda Jazz owner on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-m...cle-title-like
Anybody else had this experience?
Old 4th October 2016, 11:12   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain.Goat View Post
I've read a horror story of an extremely unhappy Honda Jazz owner on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-m...cle-title-like
Quoting from the article:

Quote:
The next day, at the service center, after the routine checks, the mechanic told me that my car had a 'hydrostatic' problem (there is a breakage in the engine block) and I must have driven it in water yesterday. When I told him that yesterday was completely sunny day and in fact, there was no rain for the past 5-6 days, he told me that even if you have driven the car in water 4-6 months back, this problem might occur. When I repeatedly told him that I did not drive in a flooded area, he told me that the car can get this problem even if water goes into the engine while washing the car, or while another car is passing and it splashes water. Additionally, he showed me a pamphlet which says Honda Cars are not fit to be driven in rains. If there is rain, then you are advised NOT to drive your car.
I cannot believe this. This looks like a one sided story and the claims made are quite baffling. There's more to the story than what meets the eye, surely!

I mean, if the car is not fit to drive in the rain, why the heck do we have wipers?

The person might have had a bad service experience, but if the reasons given are actually true, then God bless Honda and it's customers!

Ironically, I haven't come across any such incidents here on this thread; maybe I am wrong but I think so.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 11:31   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Finding this hard to believe. What pamphlet had this "warning"??? Was it in the user manual?

If these cars are unfit to be driven in rains then how do they get road-certified?

Also, Honda *does* sell the Jazz in other countries with much more stringent regulations. It's sold as Honda "Fit" in Europe. What about that?

I think all the details haven't been mentioned here.
Old 4th October 2016, 12:43   #1912
BHPian

I think all the details haven't been mentioned here.[/quote]

I was planning to buy a Honda City VX-CVT, but this post has put brakes on the decision......is Honda ASS so bad?
Old 4th October 2016, 13:08   #1913
Senior - BHPian

I believe this guy has the Diesel Jazz. Honda Earth-Dreams diesel has the problem if hydro locking & dealership add in an accessory to avoid this (no warranty on this as well). The problem is with the design of the diesel engine that, like the Germans, can suck water stranded on road (especially in rains). Petrol engines do not have this problem (as far as I know).

IMO the lower the car, the severe the problem is. This design could be suited for CR-V (1.6 diesel) not the sedans && hatchbacks, unless Honda goes the Fiat way with suspension.

I was about to buy the Jazz/ Amaze diesel & backed off due to this & flimsy built of current Hondas (Marutis were way better). Thankfully also saved myself of pain out of driving in puddles.

Now very happy with Ford Aspire Diesel Titanium that has clocked 18k kms in 10 months & no issues.
Old 4th October 2016, 14:45   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
I think all the details haven't been mentioned here.
I was planning to buy a Honda City VX-CVT, but this post has put brakes on the decision......is Honda ASS so bad?[/quote]

I think the story is too incomplete to conclude anything from it.

I've not had this kind of bad experience with Honda so far.

My experience:
I had a faulty O ring in the air conditioner system. As a result the AC gas would leak out and I would be stranded without any air conditioning right in the middle of April.

My repair was hassle-free and wasn't charged a penny. Instead got to eat a bunch of free stuff(burgers, chips, biscuits, tea, coffee :P ) in the customer lounge.

Agreed I had to make 2 trips because the issue wasn't pin-pointed in the first visit, but seeing a bill for Rs. 0 feels good.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 17:34   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
My experiences have been with Bridgestone ER60 (discontinued) and Michelin XM2 on my previous cars. ER60 had best combination of comfort and grip in all conditions, XM2 are good in comfort but not very great in road grip during corners, braking is good though in all conditions.
Arent these of the same spec as that of the stock ?

I have found Continental CC5 and Yokohama Earth 1 for around 4,900/- and 4,700/- (195/60 R15) each.
My old ZVTV would earn me around 3K.

On the tyre upgrade thread they have great opinion on the 2 tyres. Shall let you know as the upgrade progresses. !
Old 4th October 2016, 17:45   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Pollution check problem.
Can anyone help me what should I do to get PUC for my car. Thanks in advance.
I faced similar issue with my Brio.

I finally found a petrol pump on MG road near Ghitorini Metro Station which does it in the first go.

It is the first petrol bunk on your left while coming from Gurgaon to Delhi via MG Road after crossing Ghitorini Metro Station.

cheers
Vishwas
Old 4th October 2016, 17:48   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
I faced similar issue with my Brio.

I finally found a petrol pump on MG road near Ghitorini Metro Station which does it in the first go.

It is the first petrol bunk on your left while coming from Gurgaon to Delhi via MG Road after crossing Ghitorini Metro Station.

cheers
Vishwas
Thanks a lot. So I need to visit a few more petrol pumps for PUC. I can't seem to fathom why is this problem occurring with ivtec engined cars only?
Old 4th October 2016, 22:09   #1918
BHPian

Almost finalizing on the SV MT subject to a decent deal from the dealer as exchange. The SA is willing to provide 15k of accessories containing Seat covers, floor mats, pillows, Parking sensors etc. I am not really interested in Parking sensors as the car comes equipped with a Reverse camera. Are there any accessories that I can ask him to install on a bargain?
Old 5th October 2016, 06:59   #1919
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Parking sensors etc. I am not really interested in Parking sensors as the car comes equipped with a Reverse camera. Are there any accessories that I can ask him to install on a bargain?
Frankly, I find the Optical Parking Sensors in my Yeti far better than the reverse camera in my Dad's I20.

Just an opinion as a daily user.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 10:08   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Arent these of the same spec as that of the stock ?
All I meant was that, I have used them for around 40k each on my Esteem as 175/70R13 specs. Jazz has done 8k on stock setup and I will upsize them only after they reach 20k.

From what I have heard of Michelin PST, they are excellent in comfort ride and road noise but just good at handling corners. This is from a friend who has them on his Punto, I am not aware what he has earlier. Even my experience with XM2 is similar when compared to ER60, good in ride and road noise but OK in handling corners, braking abilities were almost similar in both in all conditions.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks