Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2017, 12:39   #2041
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Sorry, but can you please raise the mat and show the hooks on floor.

Thanks
I've just edited my post because I can't see the hooks like my Grand i10 here in the photo. I will check again when I go home today. Thanks for pointing it out.
mac_guy555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 12:56   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Please find attached the photo for the driver side mat as required. I don't see the locks but the mat is a good fit and does not shift from its place. Sorry about the earlier post.
You have to ask the service guys to fix the lock, which comes along with these mats. It was missed similarly during my City purchase and i got it fixed during the first service.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 13:00   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
You have to ask the service guys to fix the lock, which comes along with these mats. It was missed similarly during my City purchase and i got it fixed during the first service.
Aahhh ok ... thank you ! I will point it out to the service guys when I have to take it in for the 1st free service.

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 21st February 2017 at 13:03.
Old 21st February 2017, 13:36   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
INITIAL REVIEW : 100km update & observations , Our 1st ever HONDA , 1st Automatic Car & 1st Silver colour Car.

14.) Spare tyre is a 14" 175/70 as compared to the other 4 which are 15" 175/65 ... Now this may be a problem during fitting wider rubber as you need to match the specs for 15" & 14". Tyre gurus please advise your expert comments and oblige.

Cheers,
Mac_Guy555.
Can some tyre gurus please elaborate on this. I am thinking of changing the tyres to wider ones 195/60 R15 ... what is the specification to match for the spare tyre which is just R14 ??

Prompt suggestions would be appreciated since every km covered now results in the original Good Year tyre resale value depreciating. FYI, the car has covered just 230 kms approx.

Thanks in advance,
Mac_Guy555.
Old 21st February 2017, 13:44   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
What a dumb idea by Honda, customers are not even informed about this during purchase.
Old 21st February 2017, 14:42   #2046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please find attached the photo for the driver side mat as required. I don't see the locks but the mat is a good fit and does not shift from its place. Sorry about the earlier post.
Normally dealer will have those locks, since the Mats have hole in them, but I guess he forgot that. How do you rate the Mats, are they of good quality & do they collect dust more ? Did you consider 3D Mats?

Last edited by CarguyNish : 21st February 2017 at 14:45.
Old 21st February 2017, 15:02   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Normally dealer will have those locks, since the Mats have hole in them, but I guess he forgot that. How do you rate the Mats, are they of good quality & do they collect dust more ? Did you consider 3D Mats?
Yes that was the whole point since I was told that these Honda mats have locks in place to prevent them from sliding around. Although even though the locks aren't fitted which they've forgot obviously ... the mat does not slip around since it is cut out well.

Quality is not extraordinary neither is it inferior and dirt will accumulate but can be dusted off easily since it is not a thick & deep fabric. The Jazz is used by my wife and is not subject to industrial dusty & polluted conditions where I take my daily drive (renault duster) to. I haven't considered 3D mats for the Jazz yet but my Duster has them and I am happy since they are washable and weatherproof.

Although I must add that fellow BHPian's don't make the mistake of buying them online like me since the front 3D mats fit like a glove but the backside mats are absolutely useless and don't even fit .... to the extent that I've actually thrown them away and retained the front driver & passenger side one since 10 months. Try & Buy would be the better option at any local accessory shop.

Hope this helps,
Mac_Guy555.
Old 21st February 2017, 23:51   #2048
BHPian

Quote:

2.) Why I bought the S Model and not the V model CVT ?
Simply put, we both felt that the S model pretty much serves her purpose of a daily drive with safety features like Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, Electrically adjustable mirrors, Keyless Entry with central locking, Height adjustable drivers seat, Eco light on the instrument cluster to keep Her Schumacher instincts under check, Avg. Fuel consumption + Instrument cluster display light dimming, Decent Audio system with 4 speakers, Audio Controls on the steering wheel with Phone pairing in the Audio.

I'm opting for V as abs is not provided in S 2017 model. Are you sure abs is present in your Jazz ?

Thanks
Rahul
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:27   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I'm opting for V as abs is not provided in S 2017 model. Are you sure abs is present in your Jazz ?

Thanks
Rahul
100% since it is mentioned in the JAZZ brochure that ABS+EBD is standard on Diesel and CVT models. Attached is the brochure page downloaded from the website where you can check for yourself. I also see the ABS light every time the car starts up along with Airbags light on the instrument cluster. Apparently this is a case of a misinformed dealer representative who knows nothing more than mugging up certain features.
Thanks & hope this helps !
Mac_Guy555.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jazz_Brochure_pg19.pdf (1.16 MB, 455 views)
mac_guy555 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:22   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Aahhh ok ... thank you ! I will point it out to the service guys when I have to take it in for the 1st free service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
What a dumb idea by Honda, customers are not even informed about this during purchase.
Reason given to me by SA(S-Sales): customers anyway upgrade with the aftermarket mats so they did not fix the locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Quality of these mats is decent. It has coarse surface on the bottom, which makes it stick to the carpet and once locked they hardly move. Even the rear mats have plastic wings attached on the sides through which they could be secured. But the area covered by these mats is not adequate and dust or any spill can very easily seep through sides and reach the carpet below.
So if they are not given as free by the dealer, it is better to go for 3D or Nomad mats.
Old 25th February 2017, 12:11   #2051
BHPian

NEW SHOES & 400 KM UPDATE :

Upgraded to new Yokohama Earth1 195/60 R15 Tyres at 280 kms. and let the spare wheel be as it is. Just came to know at the time of upgrade that the spare 14" tyre is not a Good Year Assurance but is a MRF and has a sticker on ... Max speed 120 km/h.

After living with the new shoes for 100 kms. I strongly feel that it is a absolute must upgrade for all Honda Jazz owners especially for the diesel owners with more torque on tap. Get the tyres changed straight after delivery or within 50km to get the best buyback price.

My total damage was Rs. 8500/- for 4 nos. Yokohama Earth1 195/60 R15 including wheel alignment & balancing and nitrogen contract for 1 year.

Excellent tyres and I have felt that it takes on bumps & potholes with a more mature approach since the contact area is wider. The up/down movement of the car with earlier rubber is also significantly less. It feels much more planted and sure footed. The steering has become much better and is still light BUT I feel the feedback is loads better. Tyre pressure is currently 32 psi on all fours.

I have never liked a car with skinny tyres and now I feel the Jazz looks much more proportionate and the wheel wells also fill up better. Photos attached.

Fuel economy is 10.5km per litre in purely city driving conditions and not a single highway run so far. Tankful to tankful method calculates about 10.2 km/litre. This is all with a light right foot and eco light always glowing due to this. Occasional spurts of slotting in Sport mode included
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170224wa0005.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170224wa0009.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170224wa0004.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170224wa0010.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170224wa0007.jpg  

mac_guy555 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 05:31   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
100% since it is mentioned in the JAZZ brochure that ABS+EBD is standard on Diesel and CVT models.
Mac_Guy555.
Thanks mac_guy , I have asked my dealer to book S cvt carnelian red but it is not allotted from Honda. 2017 S cvt fits my usage criteria . Moreover Honda is providing same set of tyres ( without alloys ) from V cvt. I will wait till Honda allots one

As you have driven both V CVT ( with paddle ) and S CVT, did you find any difference while driving in S mode ?

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rahulskumar : 1st March 2017 at 05:50. Reason: colour name incorrect
Old 1st March 2017, 20:20   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mac_guy , I have asked my dealer to book S cvt carnelian red but it is not allotted from Honda. 2017 S cvt fits my usage criteria . Moreover Honda is providing same set of tyres ( without alloys ) from V cvt. I will wait till Honda allots one

As you have driven both V CVT ( with paddle ) and S CVT, did you find any difference while driving in S mode ?

Thanks
Rahul
Hi Rahul,
Congrats ! Yes the tyres are the same albeit the alloys. Do make sure you upgrade the tyres to the specs I got installed and you will like the difference and confidence.

Considering this is a smaller engined car I don't even miss the paddle shifters and I also believe they're more of a gimmick rather than actual usability. I'm sure till the car is new you may want to try it out on various occasions but later you will only be slotting it in D and ambling along. On the highway you may use the occasional S mode but this car is meant for sedate driving and not for spirited driving anyways.

Attaching a image where I was driving with a light foot and doing speeds of 60-70km/h and occasional idling in traffic let me see a 18.5km/litre mileage figure which is quite respectable.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170225_143645_resized.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2017, 15:41   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Booked a Jazz V CVT at Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore

Deal is as follows
Ex Showroom: 8,03,500
In 18 months , Honda has increase Jazz V CVT prices by Rs.50k
Current ex showroom price in Bangalore is Rs.8,52,050

Thanks
Rahul S
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 09:31   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
In 18 months , Honda has increase Jazz V CVT prices by Rs.50k
Current ex showroom price in Bangalore is Rs.8,52,050

Thanks
Rahul S
Thanks to this increase, i was able to sell my one year old Jazz with only 80K depreciation loss. It was a awesome sale for me. :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks