Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 12:05   #2071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

What are the usual service costs for the Jazz? I guess Honda follows the 6 month service intervals.
Old 16th March 2017, 04:30   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreey View Post
Hello all,
This is my first post in this forum. Thanks to admin for approving my request to be member of this forum.
I am excited to share this news with all of you.
After two years of research, I finally purchased Honda Jazz V CVT.
Congrats, I booked the same color as yours and waiting for registration process to get completed. Initially I booked V CVT , later I downgraded to S CVT.

Do you have the accessory price list from your dealer. I got quote for few items which I was interested . Today when i checked Honda website, they have displayed prices which is way lower than the discounted item wise price that my dealer is quoting

eg: the car seat cover is Rs.10.5k and Honda website is quoting Rs.6999
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda.jpg  

Old 16th March 2017, 09:53   #2073

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Congrats, I booked the same color as yours
Though color selection is personal taste, we felt that except this carnelian red, all other colors are different shades (variation) of white and black. Honda should have offered more colors to choose from.

Quote:
waiting for registration process to get completed.
Enjoy the sweet pain counting the days waiting for the delivery of the new car. I have gone through that

Quote:
Do you have the accessory price list from your dealer. I got quote for few items which I was interested . Today when i checked Honda website, they have displayed prices which is way lower than the discounted item wise price that my dealer is quoting

eg: the car seat cover is Rs.10.5k and Honda website is quoting Rs.6999
The accessories I got from the dealer are for free. I did not buy any extra accessories from them. I got my leather seats done from out side for 12K and the material used is 'nappa leather'. This is smooth leather and is little expensive. As every one say, get non electrical accessories from outside and electrical accessories from dealer. Outside you will get them for less price. Only thing is you should be able to judge the quality.
Old 17th March 2017, 18:58   #2074

Now that W-RV has been launched, I think it's clear that it's Jazz 2.0. It has all what many wished Jazz should have had. The question in my mind is that will Jazz now go the way of the Dodo?
Old 18th March 2017, 13:10   #2075

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysran View Post
Now that W-RV has been launched, I think it's clear that it's Jazz 2.0. It has all what many wished Jazz should have had. The question in my mind is that will Jazz now go the way of the Dodo?
W-RV might attract some of the Jazz customers but I think Jazz wont be the Dodo because in WR-V:
1. No automatic transmission option (CVT)
2. No Magic seats.
3. Cruise control and push start are available in Diesel variant only.
4. Soft suspension coupled with high ground clearance results in body roll.
5. Less mileage compared to Jazz due to added weight in terms of cladding.

Looks are subjective but every one may not prefer WR-V looks over Jazz.

Overall there are less buyers for 'compact cross overs'. I am surprised when I checked the sales figures of i20 active in 2016. Autoportal is showing 0 number of units sold in 2016.
sreey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 02:10   #2076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysran View Post
Dont think so, if WRV was launched with 1.5 petrol at similar price range along with an auto variant , then no doubt Jazz could have survived.

WRV weights around 80 kg more and torque delivery for 1.2 petrol manual is not that great below 2000 rpm. I think it will be pain to drive inside city with heavy traffic

In my opinion, WRV petrol will be a failure , but Jazz diesel sales will be dethroned by WRV 1.5 D

Petrol - Jazz ( as CVT is available )
Diesel - WRV
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:34   #2077
BHPian

I am going for the jazz registration today , where exactly is that chassis number on the engine so that I can take the pencil marking for the registration form ? .Please help!
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:38   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
I am going for the jazz registration today , where exactly is that chassis number on the engine so that I can take the pencil marking for the registration form ? .Please help!
1. Open the driver side door, check at the floor just below the seat where you do height adjustments, there is a cut out in floor fabric, you will see VIN engrossed.

2. Open the front passenger side door, check the bottom of B-pillar for the black plate with VIN details.

Can you confirm service schedule for Jazz? WR-V comes with 1 year routine.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:06   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Is the Jazz not BS IV compliant ? My uncle had booked one and they said that there would be a delay as they are not compliant and honda has stocks of 10000 Jazz cars. Or maybe its a ploy to push for WRV ?
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:33   #2080
BHPian

A very big OT and sorry, did not know where to write it:

Test drove a Honda Civic 1.0 Turbo Petrol with my colleague who is planning to buy the 2017 Civic in replacement of her 2012 Civic. Just few cents from my 20 mins mixed drive;

1. Man, Is it really a 3 Pot 1.0L or the the regular 1.5L 4 Pot? - It is very refined and it has put the Ford and Suzuki 1.0 Litre engines to Shame
2. The engine is responsive from the word go and the turbo kicks in around 2000RPM. But you do not feel it sluggish from stand still either
3. NVH is very good inside the cabin and even with no music we could hear only the Road noise as compared to the engine noise of the Suzuki adn Ford
4. In-Gear acceleration is awesome in 2, 3, & 4th Gears
5. We reached triple digits in no time with less stress on the engine and we can cruise at 130KMpH at around 3000 RPM. And just press the Accelerator adn the engine roars to 150 in 6th gear with ease

Now, coming to the main topic as why am I writing it here. My friend was talking to the sales guy and some where he said Honda is planning to plonk the 1.0L engine to Jazz by early 2018 Jazz and a 127BHP Engine?

I was wondering the scenario in India, if this is true what will be Honda's strategy

We all feel that Jazz is already overpriced by 60-80K for the existing version. And if Honda brings the 1.0L Turbo engine to India, they will for sure price it at a premium of 1-1.5 Laks on the existing Jazz. And Kill the Hot Hatch idea at birth. And then I thought to myself, Honda will never get it to India, atleast till 2020
PetroTurbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 14:21   #2081
BHPian

Any chances that the service interval change on the WRV might get applied to Jazz as well?
They have the same engine after all.
*Feeling hopeful*
Old 31st March 2017, 13:30   #2082
BHPian

I asked at the service centre, they said no , as expected
kippu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 14:07   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
I asked at the service centre, they said no , as expected
Dang. Was hopeful for a moment there... That's pretty unfair to Jazz owners though. Why a 6 month interval for us and not 1 year despite the same engine?! We demand answers :P
Old 3rd April 2017, 00:21   #2084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Is the Jazz not BS IV compliant ?
I received my RTO papers and it mentions Jazz as BS IV complaint . I used to think that Honda India petrol cars were already following Euro-5 standards but I was wrong
Old 4th April 2017, 15:08   #2085
BHPian

Folks, Honda Jazz facelift testing has been started, and I am hopeful that it will reach us by 2018. Below is the link from IAB:

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/04/2...-brazil-262789

Changes evident from Pictures (may be for International version):

1. LED Headlamps, re-profiled bumper, new grill (similar to City?)
2. As expected, it is reported that it will get 7 inch Digipad infotainment system as in City and WRV

I hope and pray that in addition to above, Indian Version should get:

1. VX-CVT variant
2. Re-tuned 1.2 engine with better low end pulling power
3. Push button start
4. Arm-Rest

Well, they have to differentiate between Jazz and WRV, and they might not add Sunroof to Jazz. Speaking of WRV, it seems both Jazz and WRV can coexist, at least last month sales numbers suggest so. Jazz at 3527 and WRV at 3833. Also, if WRV does get 1.5 Petrol motor from city, that would be enough to differentiate the two.
Jas21 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks