Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 09:31   #571
JD1
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
You could have asked for Michelins or Bridgestone before delivery itself.It could have meant that your waiting time would have been more.
When I got my Jazz baby, I had specified Michelins and I had to wait a little more for those but I got one eventually.
Did you have to pay more for the Michelins? Those Michelins are XM2?
Old 15th August 2015, 09:52   #572
BHPian

Congratulations Flanker99 on your Jazz VX-MT. Regarding your stock tyres, I would suggest you change them to Michelin XM2 immediately as it is worth every rupee you pay for it. The stock Michelin tyres given by Honda are not good as they are XM1 and is already outdated. I use XM2 on my Zen and the performance of these tyres is simply excellent.
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 10:09   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Did you have to pay more for the Michelins? Those Michelins are XM2?
Just to clarify, I am an owner of the previous generation Jazz.
When I bought the car, I insisted on Michelin tires. The car currently in stock had Goodyear. So, the dealership asked me if I wanted to wait for the next shipment of cars. And if they have one with Michelin, they can give it to me. But, no guarantees as dealer doesn't have any influence on visibility on which car has which tires.Luckily, for me, the next shipment had a white car with Michelin tires. So, that got allotted to me.

So, you can wait for Michelin tires if you are not in a hurry or, change the stock tires to Michelin XM2 immediately after delivery as I suggested. You might want to check with a tire dealer before you take delivery.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 10:20   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
In the official review, it is mentioned that doors feature speed sensitive locking. However, the Jazz VX ownership review suggests otherwise.

Can someone please clarify if there is option to enable/disable this feature or is it just not there?
Hello jeet. To confirm what adimicra said I am attaching the pictures taken from the owner's manual of the 2015 Jazz.

I think the master door lock switch is needed to enable the speed sensitive locking. And this is not present in the Indian 2015 Jazz. Probably its there in the model which is exported to South Africa.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150815_100658.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150815_100709.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150815_100725.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150815_100739.jpg

One irritating thing about the owner's manual. It seems that Honda is printing just one manual for both domestic as well as export models. At times it becomes really difficult to understand what features are there in the domestic model and what are missing.
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 18:30   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I did test drive jazz .I did like the diesel if not for NVH. I drive ecosport maybe I'm expecting too much I guess but I didn't find the built quality of jazz to be incredible
Do you think that the NVH of diesel Jazz is a deal breaker particularly to those who are used to refined diesels? How do you compare the power & NVH of diesel Jazz to your Eco Sport. I believe your Ecosport is a diesel. Some magazine/online reviewers have claimed that NVH wise, Jazz is little better than City. It is possible that with every new model Honda is improving in this NVH department. How true is the claim??

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 15th August 2015 at 18:34. Reason: addition
Old 15th August 2015, 18:36   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hello to all.
I will just let the pictures do the talking.
Congratulations!!!!
So, what was the final OTR after accessories?
Silver VX MT looks great!!

I am eager to book one as soon as I am back in Hyderabad. But my wife says we should go for Urban Titanium.

Last edited by ampere : 15th August 2015 at 20:11. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 15th August 2015, 18:42   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Do you think that the NVH of diesel Jazz is a deal breaker particularly to those who are used to refined diesels? How do you compare the power & NVH of diesel Jazz to your Eco Sport. I believe your Ecosport is a diesel. Some magazine/online reviewers have claimed that NVH wise, Jazz is little better than City. It is possible that with every new model Honda is improving in this NVH department. How true is the claim??
Well Chitta Pradhan I don't know about what online reviews or Honda claims
The options I have stated are solely my personal views.
Well from my understanding both Honda and ford does use 1.5L engines generating about 90 - 100ps of power both are sub 4m meter both intersect each others price point ofcourse they are comparable. I also feel thin sheet metal could be one of the possible causes for high NVH.
Old 15th August 2015, 20:25   #578
Senior - BHPian

I did drive the diesel Jazz for a brief time.
The best thing about this engine is the amazing drive-ability at low rpms and this is where the IDTEC has a distinct advantage over the 1.3 MJD from Fiat and 1.4 CRDI from Hyundai.
The NVH is still high than the competition though it is better than the Amaze.
In terms of refinement the Hyundai CRDI is by far the best followed by the 1.3 MJD and then the Honda IDTEC.
Whether the NVH is acceptable or not is purely up to the individual..some will find it acceptable and some not. Should be very easy to check out in a test drive.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 21:50   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmaji View Post
Congratulations!!!!
So, what was the final OTR after accessories?
Silver VX MT looks great!!

I am eager to book one as soon as I am back in Hyderabad. But my wife says we should go for Urban Titanium.
Thankyou Sarmaji.

This is the breakup

INR 8,90,664 (OTR, without accessories) + INR 23,794 (accessories installed at the dealership itself) + INR 6,447 (3M treatment) - INR 55,000 (WagonR's exchange price) = INR 8,65,905

The WagonR was a 2004 model with an odometer reading of 53,425 km. Exchanged it at Autoterrace. Did think of Olx, Quickr but decided not to get involved with all the headache of dealing with multiple prospects. I agree the price might have been better but Autoterrace took care of everything. I just visited the dealership twice, once for checking out the car and the testdrive and then while taking the delivery.

Attaching the pictures of the accessory list. I paid according to this list. The VX has black mud guards as part of the original equipment. The 'kit wheel disk' thing is priced INR 11,354 (no idea what it is) and the arm rest is priced at INR 15,760.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0585.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0586.jpg

Now regarding my colour choice. The display car was a VX in Urban Titanium. That was the colour my dad liked. Since he already drives a white Etios he wanted a 'dark' colour. There was a V in Sunset Orange which my mother liked. But none of them had read teambhp's review, and they had no idea about the 'primer issue' (fuel fill door). I was told that the dealership had a white VX (no idea which one) which could be delivered within 6 days of making the full payment. There was a silver VX which could also be arranged although there was some doubt because the person to whom it was initially allocated was now unsure of going ahead with the purchase (probably pre-booked it before prices were declared). The testdrive car was a silver V and I had already seen the pictures of vprabu sir's car. A silver VX was good enough for me. I also thought that scratches on a silver body would be less visible as compared to a darker colour like Urban Titanium (I may be wrong). Hence I decided to go ahead with the silver colour. Luckily things went in my favor. The person didn't go ahead with the purchase and the car was then allocated to me.

And while taking the delivery I opened the fuel fill door and showed my parents' Honda's cost cutting initiative . In silver colour you can hardly make out that the inside of the fuel fill door is actually coated only in primer.

Best of luck with your purchase!
Flanker99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 14:53   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^
My suggestion is to change the lousy MRF's to Michelins NOW. You will get the best resale for the MRF tyres when they are new. I would imagine a set of 4 of Michelin XM2 would cost you around 22K and if you go for exchange, you can get it done within 10K. Michelins have much better grip and comfort and also less road noise. The XM2's also have tougher sidewalls than the previous XM1's ..I am using them and very happy with the results!
Hi adimicra,
I have booked my JAZZ SV MT IDTEC and I am yet to receive my car. I visited my car in the dealers yard and did a PDI. I could see that my stock tyres are MRF. As per the views shared by fellow BHPians, I also wanted to change my stock tyres to Michelin XM2(same size as the stock ones) and called 'Tyres on Wheels'(since i came to know that they exchange the stock ones when they are new for a good deal to the XM2s) but to my shock i got a response from the person who spoke to me in their call center that they don't exchange. Now am bit confused that how it worked for some and it didn't for me. Now am looking for a tyre dealer who could exchange with my stock ones.

Other than that - There is some confusion here in Tamilnadu in getting the Jazz IDTEC models delivered. As per the news I heard from the showroom guys, diesel model of Jazz has not been delivered from any of the showrooms in Tamilnadu (Could someone who has booked or received the Jazz IDTEC in Tamilnadu confirm this?).As of now, i have received a tentative date from the dealer that I could get the car delivered by end of this week.
Old 16th August 2015, 17:01   #581
BHPian

Hey guys, my friend is looking for an AT and zeroed on the Jazz and Polo tsi.
Here in Hyderabad, to our utter shock, Jazz CVT is unavailable for a TD and hence we are unable to arrive to a conclusion.

So anyone here, who tded the AT Polo and Jazz CVT can shed some light on it..

Last edited by poised2drive : 16th August 2015 at 17:14.
Old 16th August 2015, 17:17   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Here in Hyderabad, to our utter shock, Jazz CVT is unavailable for a TD and hence we are unable to arrive to a conclusion.

The difference is day and night. The Polo is in a league on its own in terms of performance and fun to drive. In contrast the JAzz is best for sedate driving in the city. Don't expect mind blowing acceleration from the Jazz and you are fine. You should not be in a hurry to reach your destination.

Read the review on page 1. Suhaas is an owner of Polo TSI and he has mentioned a few points.

There's another option now with the Figo Aspire 1.5L DCT dual clutch box. It's better than the Jazz but still not as outright powerful as the Polo. Worth a check out.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 17:47   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Hi adimicra,
I have booked my JAZZ SV MT IDTEC and I am yet to receive my car. I visited my car in the dealers yard and did a PDI. I could see that my stock tyres are MRF. As per the views shared by fellow BHPians, I also wanted to change my stock tyres to Michelin XM2(same size as the stock ones) and called 'Tyres on Wheels'(since i came to know that they exchange the stock ones when they are new for a good deal to the XM2s) but to my shock i got a response from the person who spoke to me in their call center that they don't exchange. Now am bit confused that how it worked for some and it didn't for me. Now am looking for a tyre dealer who could exchange with my stock ones.
Well, it totally depends on the dealer and what the call center said is correct. In my case as well, the dealer refused to exchange. What they said is only if the car comes from the factory fitted with Michelins, they can allot it to me. And I had to wait for that and I was lucky in that sense.

I don't think the new Jazz is coming with Michelins. If you are lucky, you get Bridgestones and if you are unlucky, you will get the MRF. Frankly, many people are very happy with MRFs as well as they last for a very long time. So, its up to you. I don't think waiting for Bridgestone or Michelin is probably not a smart idea now as you never know when you will get those with so many variants and color options. If you ask me, take the car and exchange with Michelin XM2 immediately (better ride, less noise, more grip ) . Should not cost you more than 10K. It's totally worth it in my opinion but it's your call. when you are spending 8-9Lakhs on a car, spending 10K extra on better shoes is a good bet to me.

Quote:

I don't have experience about the Jazz CVT. It's not available for TD in Hyderabad.
First of all, contact Honda customer care (phone/email ) and on social media and complaint about the unavailability of the CVT for TD. I know it has helped in a few cases.
Secondly, choosing between Polo TSI and Jazz CVT should be easy. If you want pure performance, go with the TSI but you lose out on space,reliability may be (some issues with the DSG are well known) and less mileage. Jazz CVT performance seems to be decent enough for the city but can't be compared with the TSI which is a different animal together. If you know your priorities, choice should be easy.If you want some more information about the CVT, do PM me. I can put you in touch with a few owners .
adimicra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:39   #584
BHPian

Quote:

If your friend is looking for performance and is willing to shell out a bit more, go for GT TSI. Unbeatable engine+gearbox combo.

If the priority is to have a family car with loads of space, look no further... Honda Jazz CVT it has to be.

And as @Vid6639 mentioned, it will be worth while to check Ford Figo Aspire AT. Price is same as Jazz except that it offers a bit more goodies. Most importantly, it comes with a 1.5L engine as compared to Jazz which has a 1.2L engine.

So if performance is the priority then I would go with
1. Polo
2. Aspire
3. Jazz

If space and family car is the priority then I would go with
1. Jazz
2. Aspire
3. Polo
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 17:49   #585
BHPian

So the only disadvantage of Diesel is NVH? We are a very "accepting" society. I am sure after some time we will get used to this NVH. However, the power and drive-ability the diesel provides far surpasses the i20. Being the one in the drivers seat, I will look at the more fun to drive option, rather than the sluggish 1.2.

BTW, what are the options for a 10 year old diesel. With the way the Govt is taking stern action on diesel cars, if i buy a Jazz diesel today, and 10 year old diesels are not allowed to run on Indian roads, what options will i have?
  • I will need to sell the car in 5-6 years to get a prospective buyer willing to drive it for the remaining 4 years.
  • Heard the Govt will take 10 year old diesel cars. No ides if its true and what are the details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks