Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 07:10   #601
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Sure Mod,Got it.Just used word for a quick spell check .

Hi Mates,

I have got home my new Jazz SV MT IDTEC. Here are some pictures of the same.Apologies for the picture quality these were captured by mobile camera. Couldn't get a solo picture of the car.Having said that, i was very tempted to cover the Whitish 2nd Generation Jazz too. Cant say why.?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-pic-1.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-pic-2.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-pic-3.jpg  

DieselTorq is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:31   #602
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Jazz club.
I like the urban titanium color on the new Jazz.
As per me, the best colors on the new Jazz are
White > urban titanum > Red > silver.

I didn't like the much advertised orange color.

I guess there are not too many Jazz diesel owners here. So, it will be great if you can post some of your experiences with the car (engine performance, mileage, NVH, handling etc). Also, interested to know why you chose the Jazz IDtec over the competition like the I20 diesel.

Enjoy your Jazzy and have a safe ride!
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:40   #603
BHPian

Hello to all.

Wanted some suggestions as to how to handle the following issue.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150821_093935.jpg

That is the photo of my Jazz's bonnet. Not even a month old and some miscreant has already left his calling card (a 180 degree arc like scratch right in the middle of the bonnet). Luckily the damage seems minor. It's visible only when I look at it from an angle with the sunlight shining against it. Completely unvisible when looked head while standing in front of the car. Seems like only the clear coat, and the paint (to some extent) has been affected. I say this because when I run my fingers over it I cant's feel a thing.

The first thought that entered my mind was to let it be. What if I repair it and that person has another go. Then I started thinking of the paint protection file (PPF) by 3M. Since the car is new right now, the bonnet seems to be in a pristine state. That might not be the case later when the paint starts chipping off due impact from stones, swirl marks start developing due to regular cleaning, and other such things. If I put a PPF then, there could be air bubbles and such problems. Although the tentative quote seems to be high (INR 14,000. Exact quote after measuring the area) I feel like going for it. Painting, after some serious damage is done, might surely be more expensive. Besides, what stops anybody from doing similar mischief even after painting.
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:56   #604
Senior - BHPian

I would say just do paint protection /sealant from 3M or some reputed car detailing shop. Should not cost more than 3-4K. And should last more than a year.

I am a little bit skeptical about the PPF and the cost is way too high.
Painting the bonet from a reputed garage like Bosch would cost you only 4-5K. Honda might charge 7-8K.
adimicra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:32   #605
BHPian

My wife has started taking the Jazz to work everyday now. She's an oncologist at at the Cancer Institute. I have seen monkeys on the hospital premises before, but nothing prepared me for what I witnessed when I went to drop some things off with her this afternoon. First he gnawed on the antenna and proceeded to fold it in every direction he could, presumably all this got him tired and he then licked drops of water off the roof.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0319.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0317.jpg
reihem is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:58   #606
BHPian

By God's blessing just took delivery of our garage addition at Peninsular Honda, Kochi and driving her to Thrissur!

Taffeta White
I-DTEC
SV MT Variant
No Discounts, but Insured her with the Insurer of our choice and skipped few things like RSA .
Rs 8.72.000/- OTR
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20150822wa0020.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20150822wa0018.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20150822wa0016.jpg  

Last edited by johannskaria : 22nd August 2015 at 18:14.
johannskaria is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:55   #607
BHPian

Nice to see a lot of members going for the Jazz. In spite of all the flak Honda has received for the pricing - especially for the VX variant, it is hearty to see members seeing value in the Jazz and also the VX variant. Looks like VX and SV are the most popular models (I had expected V to be the crowd favorite). I am secretly envying all of you even though I have almost moved on from the Jazz.

Congrats to all the new Jazz owners and all the best for a long time with the car!!! Wish you a lot of miles with smiles with this Japanese all-rounder
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:27   #608
Senior - BHPian

^^

Hey Vig, actually the market response to the new Jazz has been very good as per my sources in the dealership. They are clearly saying that they are selling more Jazz's than City. I don't know if this momentum will be sustained though.

Actually, I expected the diesel Jazz to sell very less. I took a small test drive just mainly to check out the NVH and the drive-ability. I had very low expectations about the NVH reading the reviews. So, when I took the test drive, I was pleasantly surprised by the NVH or the lack of it. I had driven a diesel Amaze before and Honda has improved the NVH in the Jazz a lot compared to the Amaze. IMO, the NVH might not be a deal breaker for many .. It is nowhere close to the diesel engines from Hyundai but the MJD in cars like Punto and all sound pretty industrial as well. The IDTEC offers excellent drive-ability and mileage making it a very practical car which is why many people might go for it. I just wish Honda had provided magic seats in the V variant at and additional cost(10-20K) and dump the VX variant with AVN. Then, the V variant would have been a real good deal.
adimicra is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:43   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

I just wish Honda had provided magic seats in the V variant at and additional cost(10-20K) and dump the VX variant with AVN. Then, the V variant would have been a real good deal.
To second adimicra's opinion, I would like to add that the only 2 things of value I saw in the VX over the V were the all black interiors and the Magic Seats. If there was a variant with 2 airbags, Magic Seats, and black interiors available I would have gone for that instead of the VX.
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:00   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Congrats to all the new Jazz owners and all the best for a long time with the car!!! Wish you a lot of miles with smiles with this Japanese all-rounder

I am currently based out of Chandigarh/Panchkula. getting to see a Jazz of different colours almost everyday!!Silver, White, Urban Titanium, Sunset Orange!!

It seems to have attracted all age groups - old people, youngsters, middle aged!!

Just the other day, was walking to a training session with couple of colleagues. Saw a stunning Silver VX parked in Sector-8, Chandigarh parking, excused myself and literally ran to have a close look at it!!

any BHPian from Chandigarh/Panchkula who got Jazzed??
Sarmaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:40   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq
Sure Mod,Got it.Just used word for a quick spell check .

Hi Mates,

I have got home my new Jazz SV MT IDTEC. Here are some pictures of the same.
Dear DieselTorq,

Can you please start an ownership thread for your diesel Jazz? It will be of great help for people who want to understand the diesel Jazz's capabilities.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:08   #612
BHPian

Got 3M's PPF installed on the bonnet of my Jazz.

This was the situation few days back (notice that arc like scratch)

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150821_093935.jpg

This is how it looks now. Scratch removed and PPF installed.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150823_123347.jpg

The bill.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150823_123901.jpg

I know it's excessive. But it hurts a lot when you see your life's second most expensive asset ruined even before you have enjoyed it. Saw a V (petrol) in Urban Titanium getting the full body PPF treatment.

Also learnt a very useful lesson. Try and avoid getting the car washed everyday. Dusting should be enough. The scratch might have been caused by a small stone getting stuck in the cloth which the cleaning boy uses to wipe the wet car with. The stone might have become lodged in the cloth when the cloth was being used to wipe the car's tyres.

As usual, a professional job done by 3M Andheri East. This was the second visit. They also replaced the PPF installed on the left rear view mirror free of cost as it had already started to come off in few places.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 07:11   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Jazz club.
I like the urban titanium color on the new Jazz.
As per me, the best colors on the new Jazz are
White > urban titanum > Red > silver.

I didn't like the much advertised orange color.

I guess there are not too many Jazz diesel owners here. So, it will be great if you can post some of your experiences with the car (engine performance, mileage, NVH, handling etc). Also, interested to know why you chose the Jazz IDtec over the competition like the I20 diesel.

Enjoy your Jazzy and have a safe ride!
Thanks for your wishes mate and sorry for the delayed response due to Internet issues. I agree with your colour ranking. Me and family felt that the 'Sunset Orange' colour lacked metallic aspects, even though its meant as a metallic shade by Honda. As some of our BHPians quoted already I too felt that there were less colour options for Jazz in india than compared to the ones available internationally. Not sure what Honda's survey revealed to them to make such decision regarding the limited colour options, may be they wanted to save the best for a facelift later.

Performance- I love the way this car rolls out in 1st and 2nd gear with zero acceleration. It just moves enthusiastically. Didn't got much chance to rev the engine hard since this is the car's run in period but could feel that there is lot of power on offer thanks to the power to weight ratio of this car.There were certain times in traffic where i wanted to accelerate quickly to close in on at the sudden gap available in front of us etc.A slight tap on the Accelerator solves it.Whenever i see a stretch with little traffic in it, i just shift to 6th gear at approx 50 -60 Kmph.It just cruises all day long with no acceleration at the set speed. I am in love with the 6th Gear of this car.

Mileage - I drove the car in mixed traffic within the city and I could see a mileage displayed as 19.1 Kmpl with 100% AC. Since these are early days, I am currently in the process of getting adjusted to the Car's dynamics and abilities. I believe I will be able to extract more mileage out of this car in coming days. Will keep you all posted on the same.Thanks a lot to the 6th gear.

NVH - When ignited initially you will hear the usual diesel clattering but soon it settles down. When pushed harder in low gears for some reason,YES you will be reminded of the diesel engine. But, As you move and mix into the traffic you will hardly able to notice the NVH in higher gears.I will not say its Zero NVH but to me its within the acceptable limits after all it isn't a petrol head.I personally love the diesel grunt and have no complaints regarding the NVH of this car.

Handling - The brakes are good and sharp. Was made to hard-brake a couple of times in Bumper to Bumper traffic and it just stopped without any dramas. The steering is very light and responsive.I was able to take some tight U-turns and navigate through some narrow streets without much efforts. The suspension was able to handle bad roads with ease however there was some body roll inside the cabin when driven though some unexpected Pot Holes. Thanks to the height of this car. Overall I am happy with the way the car has behaved. I am yet to check the highway behaviour of this car and will post an update on this soon since there is a plan on the same soon.

On My Purchase decision - I am 6' 1 and my family members are more than average built + height. Hence I was on the look out for a Diesel Premium Hatch back with ABS and Airbags in the mid variant since my budget was approx. 9L. I wanted the car to be spacious with big boot room. I wanted the car to be Powerful, Fuel efficient, Trustworthy, Easy on pocket in terms of maintenance, Internationally respected Model, Good Brand value. Jazz ticked all the boxes for me .

I decided to buy the Jazz since it suited my expectations from it.I actually don't like comparisons( - just trying to avoid the big debates & arguments. Enough seen already in TeamBHP) because to me - each one are unique on its own self but since you asked me regarding Elite I20, following are the pluses i feel the Jazz possess.

1) 1500cc on offer in Jazz than compared to Elite I20s 1400cc
2) Better fuel efficiency
3) The 6th Gear
4) The spacious & roomier cabin
5) Bigger Boot
6) ABS + EBD+Airbags in Mid variant etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
By God's blessing just took delivery of our garage addition at Peninsular Honda, Kochi and driving her to Thrissur!

Taffeta White
I-DTEC
SV MT Variant
No Discounts, but Insured her with the Insurer of our choice and skipped few things like RSA .
Rs 8.72.000/- OTR
Congrats Mate on your new buy.Great choice of color.Looking forward to hear from you on your Jazz's ghat performances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Got 3M's PPF installed on the bonnet of my Jazz.

Also learnt a very useful lesson. Try and avoid getting the car washed everyday. Dusting should be enough. The scratch might have been caused by a small stone getting stuck in the cloth which the cleaning boy uses to wipe the wet car with. The stone might have become lodged in the cloth when the cloth was being used to wipe the car's tyres.

As usual, a professional job done by 3M Andheri East. This was the second visit. They also replaced the PPF installed on the left rear view mirror free of cost as it had already started to come off in few places.
Congratulations on your New buy Flanker99.Sorry to hear on the scratch.Hard lesson learnt.I too have experienced similar scratches before and this pic reminds me to avoid old habits.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th August 2015 at 09:41. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Only 2 smileys per post.
DieselTorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 11:17   #614
BHPian

Caught this interesting advertisement. "Let Your Heart Not Burn"

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150818_071116.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2015 at 07:13. Reason: Inserting image
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 12:10   #615
SKB
BHPian

Hi Guys

Finally got my Jazz last week.This is Golden metallic CVT V version
Here are some pics for you guys to look at

First thing first went to 3m car care to get the quote

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150820_160626-medium.jpg

Here are some pics to look at the beauty

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111011-medium.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111022-medium.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111200-medium.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111208-medium.jpg
Changed my seat covers to black.If not my son will

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150821_163909-medium.jpg

If anybody interested, here is how under frame looks like for a non magic rear seat

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150821_163905-medium.jpg

Final look, I went with fabric and leather combo.Love it

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111054-medium.jpg

Got polish done by 3m car Care.As expected excellent work by the team

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150822_162128-medium.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150822_162801-medium.jpg

Nomad mats

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111059-medium.jpg

As you guys can see it's totally see through.Do you guys know if Honda provides under body protection like diesel as an accessory?

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150804_123053-medium.jpg

Got bridge stone tyres as default and I am happy with the grip and ride quality.Probably will change to Xm2 after using this.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150823_111042-medium.jpg

Keys

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150804_123126-medium.jpg

Spare tyre is MRF.I requested for bridgestone but looks like all vehicles have the same one. Atleast the one I checked.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150804_123158-medium.jpg

Finally my son with his new toy

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20150818_105906-medium.jpg

So here are few things on my list that I want to have in future.Hope I get bonus this year

PPF for side body.If not 3m car is giving me free PPF for door handles and door edges
Tyre pressure

Jump starter

PunctureKit

Dash Cam
Option 1 (Good)
Option 2 (Avg)
Option 3 (Cheap)

Cargo Mat

Finally, congratulations to all fellow Jazz owners and let me know if you guys have any must have accessories for this car
SKB is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks