Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 12:53   #1351
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
I think the parking sensor will have it's separate tiny display to beep and show the readouts. I don't think Honda provides the one that's integrated into the IRVM.
My Honda dealer told me straight up that Honda does not provide a parking sensor as genuine accessory. The one I would get would be after-market but since I would get it installed at the authorised dealer it won't void the warranty.
Also, get a set of floormats as well. Very useful things.
Hey ashishk29, I got my parking sensors from the Linkway Honda dealership at delivery (Goregaon, Mumbai) and it doesn't have any display. Only a beeper, so do check on this bit. It's pretty effective in any case - a couple of parking opportunities should give you a fair idea. And if you are going for the V variant, the reverse camera + parking sensors give you fantastic judgement.

P.S Driving my Jazz V Petrol MT for about 4K kms now and I agree with most other BHPians on this forum - butter smooth is the best way to describe a Honda Jazz.
hershlulla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 14:38   #1352
BHPian

Found a new party trick from the vast amount of info the manual.

The instrument cluster (and the AC display) brightness can be adjusted too. Turn on the Pilot/Parking lamp and rotating the control stalk for the MID can increase or decrease the night time brightness. Note this works only with the pilot lamps in ON position

I saw this being listed as a feature in the brochure for all models but was wondering how to get that working. Generally there will be a rotary switch next to headlamp leveller for the instrument cluster brightness adjustment. I am guessing that it works the same way for the City models too probably.
praveen_v is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 15:57   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hey ashishk29, I got my parking sensors from the Linkway Honda dealership at delivery (Goregaon, Mumbai) and it doesn't have any display. Only a beeper, so do check on this bit. It's pretty effective in any case - a couple of parking opportunities should give you a fair idea. And if you are going for the V variant, the reverse camera + parking sensors give you fantastic judgement.

P.S Driving my Jazz V Petrol MT for about 4K kms now and I agree with most other BHPians on this forum - butter smooth is the best way to describe a Honda Jazz.
Yeah, the one my Honda dealer is offering is also similar. Just a beeper. No display. But I'm good with that as well.
And yeah, the Jazz is indeed the smoothest riding car in the segment. No vibrations or shuddering or knocking. it just goes. No engine sound till you hit about 3-4000RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Found a new party trick from the vast amount of info the manual.

The instrument cluster (and the AC display) brightness can be adjusted too. Turn on the Pilot/Parking lamp and rotating the control stalk for the MID can increase or decrease the night time brightness. Note this works only with the pilot lamps in ON position

I saw this being listed as a feature in the brochure for all models but was wondering how to get that working. Generally there will be a rotary switch next to headlamp leveller for the instrument cluster brightness adjustment. I am guessing that it works the same way for the City models too probably.
That is nice! I was wondering whether the MID also dimmed with the headlamp position like you mentioned about the ICE display brightness.
Nifty feature.
Old 8th April 2016, 10:49   #1354
BHPian

Hi guys, need some help from fellow Jazz Diesel owners.

I have upgraded tires to 195, I am confused with the tire pressure.
Any suggestions ??
Old 9th April 2016, 10:35   #1355
BHPian

Initiated the process for my jazz v mt petrol. Will be signing up bank documents next weekend, and delivery the next weekend.
The sa is very helpful and friendly.
Dealer agreed to throw in pvc black seat cover with blue stitch and floor mat in as freebies. Yay :-)
Will do pdi today evening. Lets see if I can upload some pics then.
Which seat cover would be better? Fabric or pvc? My Father is insisting on pvc only because it costs more, therefore getting better deal.
Old 9th April 2016, 11:55   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Initiated the process for my jazz v mt petrol. Will be signing up bank documents next weekend, and delivery the next weekend.
Dealer agreed to throw in pvc black seat cover with blue stitch and floor mat in as freebies. Yay :-)
Which seat cover would be better? Fabric or pvc? My Father is insisting on pvc only because it costs more, therefore getting better deal.
Congrats on your new car..
PVC is more durable and needs less maintenance.
Fabric gets dirty pretty quickly and needs more maintenance.
But some people prefer the comfort and feel of fabric..

So, it is up to your personal preference. It's a similar things for sofas in the house - some people like fabric while others prefer leather or PVC.

Personally, I like the feel and comfort of fabric but installed art leather seat covers as they need less maintenance/cleaning and look good.
Old 9th April 2016, 12:50   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats on your new car..
PVC is more durable and needs less maintenance.
Fabric gets dirty pretty quickly and needs more maintenance.
But some people prefer the comfort and feel of fabric..
Thank you!

I was thinking of fabric because I thought it'll be slightly breathable material compared to pvc. That's about it.
True that pvc will need much less maintenance.
Old 9th April 2016, 13:47   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Congrats on your new car...

Personally, I like the feel and comfort of fabric but installed art leather seat covers as they need less maintenance/cleaning and look good.
I have observed that art leather seat covers get unbearably hot in summer months. I have to park my car for long hours in the sun and thus am continuing with the stock fabric in the SV variant of the Jazz. How are the PVC seat covers in this aspect?
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 13:52   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations in advance on the car. As for seat material, I'd highly recommend fabric over faux leather anyday of the week. Fabric is a lot more breathable and will be a huge boon on long drives in the summer. For me it is simply leather or no leather. Faux leather/PVC, even if it is the perforated kind, feels a bit cheap and just gets too hot.
IshaanIan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 14:30   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations in advance on the car. As for seat material, I'd highly recommend fabric over faux leather anyday of the week. Fabric is a lot more breathable and will be a huge boon on long drives in the summer. For me it is simply leather or no leather. Faux leather/PVC, even if it is the perforated kind, feels a bit cheap and just gets too hot.
Thank you! That is exactly what I'm worried about. But my dad is like that costs 6500, this one is 9500, you're putting yourself at loss :-(
And since summer is coming up and rising hotter and hotter, I think fabric would be great.
Old 9th April 2016, 19:52   #1361
BHPian

Well, I have opted for PVC Black Premium one only - from the dealer, for my recently booked V MT iDTEC. For all practicality purpose, PVC wins - IMHO - specially with kids around (I have 2 of them).

Completed the bank formalities yesterday - SBI process became really smooth these days - long live the competition..! Disbursal should happen on Monday & I am expecting the delivery by next weekend..eagerly looking forward....!
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 09:55   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car Ashish! May I know the on road price along with discounts if any?
Old 10th April 2016, 10:02   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Congrats on your new car Ashish! May I know the on road price along with discounts if any?
The on road is 8.19L, and no discounts but the dealer agreed to give seat covers and floor mat complimentary.

Update on the car : I went ahead with the pdi, did click 3-4 pics. But for some reason the team bhp android app isn't letting me upload the images(I'm getting an error saying user does not have access to this feature?!).

The car is gorgeous. Checked all the things mentioned in the pdi check list.
While I was testing the ac in the car, my dad hopped in and was like "is the engine not running?" when the car was actually idling!
The level of refinement just never ceases to amaze me. The engine is absolutely silent, no vibrations, no sound, nothing except the tachometer to indicate that it's running.

A couple of observations :
1. Mirrors do not auto fold when you lock the car. Should've been implemented.
2. No speed sensing central lock. Again, small feature and should've been there. Even my dad's alto k10 has that.

Can this be added by Honda?
Old 10th April 2016, 16:54   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post

Completed the bank formalities yesterday - SBI process became really smooth these days - long live the competition..! Disbursal should happen on Monday & I am expecting the delivery by next weekend..eagerly looking forward....!
Dear dieselOmaniac,
Quite happy to note that your car loan is being processed at a faster clip. You are spot on with regards to the quick sanction and disbursal of loans. SBI, SBH, IDBI Bank or private banks like HDFC, KVB, etc have made their car loan process easier for consumers. Afterall its a safe business for them. Which color and variant you are going to take? Are you availing 95% of finance on OTR price? Do share the pictures of your car post delivery.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 23:59   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
SBI, SBH, IDBI Bank or private banks like HDFC, KVB, etc have made their car loan process easier for consumers
Absolutely MDED, I remember for my last car (4.5 years back) people used to have strong reservations against PSU banks like SBI but these days things have changed - and for good, glad to experience it!

Quote:
Which color and variant you are going to take?
I am going for Carnelian Red. Well - to be precise, my wifey is going for it, I would have probably preferred Silver, but I am not complaining. And I have chosen V variant because thats pretty much loaded I felt and in my last car I haven't used the 60:40 even once so didn't feel the urge to go for those magic seats. And my daily run is about 100km so it had to be iDTEC.

Quote:
Are you availing 95% of finance on OTR price?
No. I am actually exchanging my 2011 Figo so I didn't have to shell out any cash as Figo exchange value is coming around 22% of the OTR.

Quote:
Do share the pictures of your car post delivery.
Sure thing MDED, will definitely share. I am expecting the delivery on Fri/Sat. SA is hopeful too to hand me over the car by this weekend, lets see.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks