Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2016, 10:43   #1486
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Won't 195 reduce the fuel economy by some bit? Stocks come in 175 and 195 is quite a size up.
Before going for this upsize, make sure that the extra 2 cms won't intrude with the wheel arches when the vehile is loaded.
I made this mistake some 6 years back, though not with the tires but the alloys which had a slightly outward offset than the stock steel rims when I got them installed on my Zen. Now, at times when the car is fully loaded and passes through an undulation at high speeds, i hear that heart breaking rear tire scraping the wheel arc.
I know this comparison is not exactly oranges to oranges, but still play safe.
However, no doubt that slightly broader tires will be more confidence inspiring than the stock ones and provide better grip in braking as well.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 10:47   #1487
BHPian

Got the 3rd free service done from Linkway Honda, Chandivali, Mumbai.

The third service is 6 Months or 10000kms but my Jazz has only done 4750 kms.

The service advisor advised me not to change the engine oil since its scheduled at 10000 kms but I went ahead with the oil change anyways.

Total bill was INR 1337/-

The rear doors needed greasing since they were squeaking when opened and shut. I felt the AC was not coping up with the summer heat (Jazz is a glass house and without sun films it gets really hot). It felt better post service but will have to wait and watch. I am usually the only person in the car, the service advisor asked me to shift the Ambi-pure to the passenger side vent since it was blocking most of the driver side Ac vent. (Driver side AC vent is much smaller).

Last edited by tazmaan : 30th April 2016 at 10:55.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 17:49   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The service advisor advised me not to change the engine oil since its scheduled at 10000 kms but I went ahead with the oil change anyways.

Total bill was INR 1337/-
This is interesting. I bought my car from the same dealership and have taken it there for all the three servicings. During the last service (23rd Jan, 2016) I was told that oil would have to be changed. That time the odometer read 2,296km. Total bill was the same as yours. I wonder on what basis my car had to undergo an oil change. Was Amol your service adviser?

Also, if I am not mistaken, I remember you telling that your Jazz had some rattling issue from the rear and when your driver had gone to pick the car after the servicing he saw the car being test driven with one of the chaps actually sitting in the boot listening for the noise. Which dealership was this and more important has the issue subsided completely?

Last edited by Flanker99 : 30th April 2016 at 17:58.
Old 30th April 2016, 18:55   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
This is interesting. I bought my car from the same dealership and have taken it there for all the three servicings. During the last service (23rd Jan, 2016) I was told that oil would have to be changed. That time the odometer read 2,296km. Total bill was the same as yours. I wonder on what basis my car had to undergo an oil change. Was Amol your service adviser?

Also, if I am not mistaken, I remember you telling that your Jazz had some rattling issue from the rear and when your driver had gone to pick the car after the servicing he saw the car being test driven with one of the chaps actually sitting in the boot listening for the noise. Which dealership was this and more important has the issue subsided completely?

I guess it was Amol but not sure I could not meet him in person since I opted for pickup service.

Yes the issue of rattle was resolved it was due to the warning triangle which was not tied properly and the rear number plate.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:17   #1490
BHPian

Noticed a very mild vibration on the pedals and steering this morning while on the way to office. Happens while accelerating sometimes.
I noticed it mainly because the car never ever gives any sort of engine vibration on the pedals or steering...

Is it normal? I'm worrying probably because it's a new car. No change in the morning, just took the car out to office.

Am I being paranoid?!

In other news: Added door and bumper protection to the car yesterday.

Total cost of the set: 1600/-. OK quality, 3M stickers on the back.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0194.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0196.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0195.jpg

Last edited by ashishk29 : 2nd May 2016 at 12:26.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:36   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed a very mild vibration on the pedals and steering this morning while on the way to office. Happens while accelerating sometimes.
I noticed it mainly because the car never ever gives any sort of engine vibration on the pedals or steering...

Is it normal? I'm worrying probably because it's a new car. No change in the morning, just took the car out to office.

Am I being paranoid?!
I've noticed those vibrations on the pedals as well, particularly in the 3rd gear and in the lower range of the rpm. As the rpms climb a bit, they disappear. Will have a word with the Service Adviser during the second free service.

Quote:
In other news: Added door and bumper protection to the car yesterday.

Total cost of the set: 1600/-. OK quality, 3M stickers on the back.
Do you mind sharing where you sourced these from? Some complete shots clicked from a distance will really help. Thanks.

Last edited by MetalBuff : 2nd May 2016 at 14:37.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:40   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
I've noticed those vibrations on the pedals as well, particularly in the 3rd gear and in the lower range of the rpm. As the rpms climb a bit, they disappear. Will have a word with the Service Adviser during the second free service.

Do you mind sharing where you sourced these from? Some complete shots clicked from a distance will really help. Thanks.
1. I'm noticing those vibrations for the first time, and yeah, they're in the lower range.
2. I bought these from a local vendor: Car Cupid in Pune. I'll get more pics in the evening. Material is of OK quality. The bumper guards are rubbery, and the door ones are solid PVC.
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:53   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Would've thought of a Tbhp sticker but it's at the literal edge of the rear bumper so not much point putting a sticker there.
Thinking of touch up mainly because it won't be very noticeable even if the paint job looks patchy.
I will watch my fuel economy overall. Does it improve after the first oil change or so?

Thank you. Yes, I definitely need to fine tune my driving style, I'm still getting habituated to the power delivery.

I'll check out the paint job at Honda service. How much did your reverse parking sensor system cost?
Dear ahishk29,

I am not able to remember if I answered this. I am really sorry if I didn't.

You can check my review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Specifically check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3861518

The reverse sensors cost me about Rs 4000/-.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:54   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear ahishk29,

I am not able to remember if I answered this. I am really sorry if I didn't.

You can check my review.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

Specifically check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3861518

The reverse sensors cost me about Rs 4000/-.

Girish Mahajan
Thank you. I will get these fit during the first servicing most likely.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:00   #1495
BHPian

Something messed up with my car :-( ac won't Cool at all, makes a slight hissing like noise when I turn the ac on.when I opened the engine bay there was some kind of substance over most of the engine. Something oily. But no warning lights or anything at all. Damn worried :-(
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:13   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Something messed up with my car :-( ac won't Cool at all, makes a slight hissing like noise when I turn the ac on.when I opened the engine bay there was some kind of substance over most of the engine. Something oily. But no warning lights or anything at all. Damn worried :-(

I suspect a blockage. Check if something is blocking the vents. Take it to the AFter sales if you are unable to fig out but I personally won't be worried too much unless some electrical, mechanical or mechatronics goes bad. These are everyday niggles bound to happen in cars specially in our country which are built to cost.

Btw the *substance* you found over in the bay could be grease or oil they would have used while cleaning the bay but that's a dust magnet.

Don't worry enjoy your new ride and if anything gets on your nerves, leave it to the the service

Cheers..
Old 3rd May 2016, 06:57   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I suspect a blockage. Check if something is blocking the vents. Take it to the AFter sales if you are unable to fig out but I personally won't be worried too much unless some electrical, mechanical or mechatronics goes bad. These are everyday niggles bound to happen in cars specially in our country which are built to cost.

Btw the *substance* you found over in the bay could be grease or oil they would have used while cleaning the bay but that's a dust magnet.

Don't worry enjoy your new ride and if anything gets on your nerves, leave it to the the service

Cheers..
Thank you.
I don't think anything is blocking the ac vents because the air flow is normal. Just that the air isn't Cool even when set to the lowest temperature setting.
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:50   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.
I don't think anything is blocking the ac vents because the air flow is normal. Just that the air isn't Cool even when set to the lowest temperature setting.
I suspect the ac has been accidentally set to the fresh air mode than in recirculation?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 3rd May 2016 at 08:52.
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:22   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
I suspect the ac has been accidentally set to the fresh air mode than in recirculation?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
It's not.
I've tried every variation of the ac controls to check this. Put it to auto and set lowest temperature, then switched to manual set lowest temperature and low blower speed, all the while in recirculation mode only.
The ac unit isn't cooling the air at all.
And even in fresh air mode the ac is good enough to cool the incoming air to a significant extent.
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:49   #1500
BHPian

Quote:

Some pics from a distance.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0201.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0200.jpg
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks