Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 23:26   #1546
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
My father had taken it out on a highway trip recently in the early morning hours (before 6am). Total 4 passengers, all of average build. Passenger weight will be around 240 kgs . They did not encounter any traffic even inside the city, and so could maintain a constant speed of 60-65kmph throughout the 100km journey. My father was astonished too and called me immediately to inform this. He said that he had maintained the speed at 60-65kmph in 5th gear, 0% AC (as the weather was cool) and the indicator was always green. Didn't stop anywhere in between.

During a similar trip on the same route few days back, I had got 21.9kmpl (final) but that also included a detour into some bad roads. I had achieved a peak of 22.4 but FE achieved by my father broke that record . This was again with 0% AC.

ARAI figures for Jazz seem to be misleading. It was mentioned in the brochure as 18.2kmpl for SV/V/VX iVtec. Even if I subtract 2 from MID figures, the peak FE achieved comes out to be 22 which is +4 above the claimed figures.

29kmpl with 100% AC is awesome. Even this is higher than the claimed ARAI figures.

Did Honda not test it well enough or is the MID misleading?
Thanks for sharing the details mate. I have a friend who owns an IDTEC Amaze and he used to say that in Highways when driven smartly he has extracted excess of 30 kmpl in his car with 4 adults which makes me feel shy about my efforts.

Having said that, The FE displayed in the Honda MID is close to perfection. Off-late I have started doing the Tankful to Tankful method to see the real FE figures and it was a close match .Per my calculation it was 21+kmpl and the mid displayed almost the same figure this was on a recent 250 km trip done with 3 adults 100% ac and speed of 100-120.

I am not sure regarding Honda's Testing conditions(for the matter ARAIs).In your case 65kph on a highway is a very rare scenario() may be Honda's FE Figures were for Higher Load + bit more speed with 100% AC?

Did you got a chance to check the FE by Tankful method?
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 00:17   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post

I am not sure regarding Honda's Testing conditions(for the matter ARAIs).may be Honda's FE Figures were for Higher Load + bit more speed with 100% AC?

Did you got a chance to check the FE by Tankful method?
Haven't checked the FE by the tankful method. Will do so soon and compare.

I guess Honda can take our FE figures and reprint their brochures to make a claim of "India's Most Fuel Efficienct Cars" Might boost their sales a little . Haven't yet heard of other manufacturer's car owners claiming FE higher than ARAI figures. Or have they?
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 01:49   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't checked the FE by the tankful method. Will do so soon and compare.

I guess Honda can take our FE figures and reprint their brochures to make a claim of "India's Most Fuel Efficienct Cars" Might boost their sales a little . Haven't yet heard of other manufacturer's car owners claiming FE higher than ARAI figures. Or have they?

Don't they claim being most fuel efficient already after celerio which is a segment or more down ? It's really surprising to read the mileages you guys have got. In my brio never got more than 17-18 kmpl on highways. I am not a very spirited driver either and try to keep the speed less than or around 120 kmph.
Cities never fetched me more than 14 and that is extreme rarity in Blore traffic.

How can jazz petrol be so fuel efficient and that too >20 kmpl ? I guess your car is a special piece and needs to be investigated more *winks..

Thanks for pouring in your suggestions all. I am sure lot of other confused souls like me will get benefitted somewhere someday. More suggestions means more clarity. Keep them comin..

Cheers... Shiv.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 07:25   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't yet heard of other manufacturer's car owners claiming FE higher than ARAI figures. Or have they?
I don't have a straight forward answer here. May be need to dig a bit in our forum to feed our curiosity.I am not sure of the brand/manufacturer but I have seen in newspaper regarding 'Mileage Race' that they conducted for fellow car owners. I couldn't remember the exact figure but those numbers were miraculous. But I believe Honda Cars are Fuel Efficient in real world conditions as well if proper care was taken by following the FE bar and Ambient rings at the MID(which is difficult in city traffic since we need to do lot of catch up to keep up with the pace of fellow drivers - else be ready to hear lot of HONKING).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

In my brio never got more than 17-18 kmpl on highways. I am not a very spirited driver either and try to keep the speed less than or around 120 kmph.
Cities never fetched me more than 14 and that is extreme rarity in Blore traffic.
I think the mileage you have quoted for city traffic for Brio is acceptable for a 1200cc engine. The Max mileage I have extracted and referred here were when driven within 80 - 90 kmph. I was able to see drop in FE in the instantaneous FE Bar when driven above 100+ and hence a resultant FE of 22+ after a drive of 530kms(410 kms of 4 lane + 120 kms of single lane NH without median).When possible try to drive in 80 - 90 kmph range on a highway and share us your feedback
Old 13th May 2016, 10:34   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
Folks please let me know - are the scratch removers which are available in abundance on flipkart/amazon - any good? I know the ones sold in petrol-pumps are of no use but those online ones should be authentic & useful - right?
Hi dieselOmaniac. Can you post a picture? I believe this scratch is on the metal, right? I somehow doubt the effectiveness of these scratch removers. Did consider using one in the past. But after reading the reviews (visible marks, dried fluid etc.) I decided against purchasing one. Ultimately I had to give the car to the workshop and it cost a bomb, as usual. I have however used spray paint purchased from an e-commerce site for painting over the minor scraps on the bumper protector. But I doubt if using this on metal will give acceptable result.

If you feel Amazon/Flipkart will take it back incase its defective then maybe you can try it. But it all depends on the size of the scratch and the colour of your car. A big one and a dark colour will be difficult to repair. Could actually make it look worse if not applied right. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 13th May 2016 at 10:35.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 10:52   #1551
BHPian

Curious if anyone considered Jazz vs Amaze when buying their car? Almost similar dimensions, and same engine I believe. Interiors slightly different, but other than preference for hatchback or sedan, is there anything else uniquely distinguishing them?
Old 13th May 2016, 11:00   #1552
BHPian

Brio, Amaze, and Mobilio are built on a lower cost platform compared to Jazz and City. The latter two are on a different platform.

Safety wise, I guess Jazz would be the better bet.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
Curious if anyone considered Jazz vs Amaze when buying their car? Almost similar dimensions, and same engine I believe. Interiors slightly different, but other than preference for hatchback or sedan, is there anything else uniquely distinguishing them?

Last edited by pradkumar : 13th May 2016 at 11:02.
Old 13th May 2016, 11:52   #1553
BHPian

What is the difference between the 'Standard' and 'Advanced' MID in the lower and higher variants.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:37   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi dieselOmaniac. Can you post a picture? I believe this scratch is on the metal, right? I somehow doubt the effectiveness of these scratch removers
Thanks for the inputs Flanker99. I will try to post a picture over the weekend. The scratch is on the metal - Yes. And my colour being Carnelian Red, any tiny scratch also become visible.

One of my friends (living in our housing) is having "3M Finesse-It Marine Paste", according to him - its quite effective for small scratches. Am thinking of giving it a try tomorrow.

If the results are not satisfactoty - probably will land at workshop only, knowing fully well that I will be ripped off
Old 13th May 2016, 14:31   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
During one of my drive on the Chennai-Trichy NH for almost 300kms I was able to see FE as 29kmpl on the MID for (2 adults and 1 kid at 90 kmph max and 100% ac). This is the max I have extracted controlling my temptations in pushing it for higher speeds.
29kmpl is simply awesome! The FE this engine can potentially offer is huge.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:18   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is built on the CITY platform. I couldn't quickly compare the cabin dimensions by exact no.s between Amaze and Jazz but I believe Jazz is more spacious in-terms of Legroom and shoulder room.

The Jazz diesel has 6 gears than compared to Amaze's 5.The boot space of Jazz is only 354 litres but it has the flexibility of foldable seats(in low variants) to increase the boot space just in case if you need that additional space. For more combinations and flexibility with the rear seats its the VX (with magic seats) to help the purpose.

I am sure you are aware of these facts but thought of sharing my views here.
DieselTorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 15:34   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselOmaniac View Post
The scratch is on the metal - Yes. And my colour being Carnelian Red, any tiny scratch also become visible.
If the results are not satisfactoty - probably will land at workshop only, knowing fully well that I will be ripped off
Sorry to hear your case mate. Is the scratch that deep to expose the metal? I am just wondering what that pervert had in his mind while ripping your car.. Hope this 3m solution helps you. But if this didn't work will that hinder Honda's repair job? Will it help if you visit the dealer for an estimation and then decide? My 2 cents
Old 13th May 2016, 17:49   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO Jazz vs Amaze is not a direct apple to apple comparison. Segment is different - one is a premium hatchback other is a shrunken Sedan.

The fact that Amaze sells more than Jazz is probably due to being a sedan which is cheaper than a hatchback. I know many potential Jazz buyers ultimately end up buying Amaze for exact same reason. Thankfully, many of us don't belong to that group

Although being same IDTEC engine, Jazz has a slightly better FE possibly due to its 6th gear. Internal space wise Jazz is better too ,bigger width and larger wheelbase. Ride/handling wise also Jazz is much better (and heavier in weight - almost 100kg), bigger tyres (R15 vs R14). Jazz Interior is way too superior than Brio/Amaze/Mobilio ones - specially the ICE/touchscreenACC/MID.

Other than bigger bootspace - I dont think Amaze scores in any area over Jazz. As I said earlier - they belong to different segment.
dieselOmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 05:48   #1559
BHPian

As I had stated earlier my August 2015 jazz has got a crack in the windshield due to a tree branch falling on it. It's due for replacement today. I have got quotes of 6200 from windshield experts and 9500 from sterling Honda. I have a 50% NCB (carried over from wagon R) hence am not going to use insurance and thus will be paying in cash. Considering the latest windshield experts reviews on the forum are not great I want to ask which would be a better option? Looking forward to a swift response. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th May 2016, 21:45   #1560
BHPian

Has any one tried installing a dashcam in the Jazz, especially the current model? How easy was it to conceal the wiring? I am considering the Transcend DrivePro 100 (INR 7,299 on Amazon). Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Also wondering if there is a way to simultaneously use the cigarette lighter/ charger for something else such as charging a mobile.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks