Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2016, 14:47   #1681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
What are the "must have" accessories for Jazz VX MT? I could think of mats and underbody rust protection. Anything else ?
Leather seat covers, I'd say. The stock seats are fabric which is extremely difficult to maintain.
ostreichwein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 19:54   #1682
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Hello all,

I am coming back on the same topic of the Honda Jazz fuel tank capacity.
Today while i was returning home, the low fuel light came up. There was 2 bars left in the fuel gauge.
I see some disconnect here. Considering the trip for 381 kms( measured from full tank with Auto Cutoff ) and the mid value of 12 km/litre, does it mean that low fuel light comes when around 8.25 liters ( 40-(381/12)) are available.
Looks little odd to me.

Jazz owners please comment.
Something going on here. There is definitely some reserve fuel in the tank and no one seems to know for sure whether the MID takes account of it or treats it as reserve and does not use it for computation.

For your query, the next tank-full you do should give the answer. You will know how much fuel can go in and that will tell you how accurate the MID Avg is compared to the tankful-to-tankful method. Do keep us posted.

I am running my first tankfull and will update my findings once I fill up again.

Last edited by praveen_v : 20th June 2016 at 19:55.
Old 21st June 2016, 10:41   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
What are the "must have" accessories for Jazz VX MT? I could think of mats and underbody rust protection. Anything else ?
Parking sensors would be helpful. Have saved my rear bumper and taillights on more than one occasion. Those thick C pillars are a big problem at night.

Do consider the bumper and door protectors too. According to my personal experience scratches on the protectors are easier to paint (using spray paint) as compared to those on the bumpers.
Flanker99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 10:48   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Parking sensors would be helpful. Have saved my rear bumper and taillights on more than one occasion. Those thick C pillars are a big problem at night.

Do consider the bumper and door protectors too. According to my personal experience scratches on the protectors are easier to paint (using spray paint) as compared to those on the bumpers.
I thought VX came with parking cameras. Is sensors required with cameras too?

The dealer is throwing in some sort of waxing/paint protection. Is it worth it or should I replace it with something else?
Old 21st June 2016, 12:41   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
I thought VX came with parking cameras. Is sensors required with cameras too?

The dealer is throwing in some sort of waxing/paint protection. Is it worth it or should I replace it with something else?
Camera is there. But as per my experience it isn't of much use in detecting objects hidden by those C pillars. And this is the situation during the day time. I realized this while parking my car near my office. There are trees on the kerb and I have a habit of backing into the parking space. The camera sometimes fails to detect the tree but the sensor always detects it.

I never went for any waxing/paint protection. Just got the underside rust protection done by 3M. But, if I had an option I would get it done by some reputed company like 3M rather than the dealer.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 21st June 2016 at 12:43.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:00   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I hope the 5 lt spare when the range is zero is not a myth!
There is some fuel in spare. I am commenting despite having the City as the new Jazz and new City have similar systems.

My range showed 0km and I was able to fill 39.3 liters into the tank. That meant that the tank itself had approx 1 liter space PLUS the fuel pipe from tank to engine which could hold around 3-5 liters additionally.

This capacity isn't calculated in the fuel tank capacity and that's what probably the Honda guy meant.

However, please don't try this! Better to fill with 5 bars left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
The feature that I use regularly is: sharing location for some time. I let my wife know where I am - whenever I do a slightly long trip. It gives peace of mind - to me and to her!
Same here - I do the same with Google Locations. I totally agree on the peace of mind part and not answering the "where are you" questions!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 13:04   #1687
BHPian

Jazz owners' can now access a soft-copy of the owner's manual via the Honda Connect App. Pretty useful. Hope they roll this feature out for the other models too.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_6137.png
Old 21st June 2016, 14:53   #1688
BHPian

Is it better to go with dealer for Jazz accessories (seat covers, mats etc) or with non-dealer stores? Is underbody anti-rust coating really required?

Any recommendation for good accessories stores in Hyderabad, preferably around Madhapur/Kondapur?
Old 21st June 2016, 18:16   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Something going on here. There is definitely some reserve fuel in the tank and no one seems to know for sure whether the MID takes account of it or treats it as reserve and does not use it for computation.

For your query, the next tank-full you do should give the answer. You will know how much fuel can go in and that will tell you how accurate the MID Avg is compared to the tankful-to-tankful method. Do keep us posted.

I am running my first tankfull and will update my findings once I fill up again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
There is some fuel in spare. I am commenting despite having the City as the new Jazz and new City have similar systems.

My range showed 0km and I was able to fill 39.3 liters into the tank. That meant that the tank itself had approx 1 liter space PLUS the fuel pipe from tank to engine which could hold around 3-5 liters additionally.

This capacity isn't calculated in the fuel tank capacity and that's what probably the Honda guy meant.

However, please don't try this! Better to fill with 5 bars left.

Same here - I do the same with Google Locations. I totally agree on the peace of mind part and not answering the "where are you" questions!
Dear all,

Did a first tank full when there were 2 bars and the low fuel light came. The tank took 33 litres till auto cutoff. So rest assure that when the low fuel light appears, you will still have 7 litres. The same was the case with my I10 too.
Old 21st June 2016, 18:40   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Can the AVN system of Jazz VX be fitted into lower models for SV/V? If so, any idea what the cost is?
It can be fitted for sure but you will be needing dashkit for it. Which may cost you around 2-3k.

Though, I have no idea for the AVN costing.
ankit_chd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 22:19   #1691
BHPian

Guys

I need some help and I hope Honda marketing team is monitoring this thread. A tree branch fell on my car on 25th May. The front glass, side mudguard, headlight and the dashboard needs to be replaced. The dashboard seems to be not available and is on back order # 1-4981853761. I have earlier escalated the issue Honda 121 and have been given an assurance of the part being delivered by 20th of June. I have now been told there is no clarity when the part is to be delivered. The car is at the dealer body shop with waiting for the dashboard. I am in Calcutta. I have tried reaching to the usual call centre and mail. Is there any other connect points to escalate the matter.
Old 25th June 2016, 17:56   #1692
BHPian

In my Jazz VX, the DVDs don't play when the vehicle is moving. Is there any setting to enable it? My son wants to play DVDs on long drives, and I don't know how to enable that.
Old 25th June 2016, 18:28   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my Jazz VX, the DVDs don't play when the vehicle is moving. Is there any setting to enable it? My son wants to play DVDs on long drives, and I don't know how to enable that.
I think its a safety feature where video playback is disabled when the vehicle is in motion say over 10kmph. Could be the same in your case.
Old 27th June 2016, 15:22   #1694
BHPian

A quick update from my side guys. My Jazz (V CVT) is now 9 months and 5000km old and the realisation is now dawning on me that the choice of this car is pretty much a head over brain decision.

Things that have started to bug me in recent weeks (especially when compared to my Vento Diesel):

1) Slow pick up - Whenever it is just me or me and wife in the car (and there is no risk of traffic), I almost always revert to the Vento now.

2) Rear bench is not very comfortable for me. I am almost 6 feet and when I test drove the car, I was always driving and my wife/parents were sitting in the rear seat. A point to keep in mind the next time.

3) AC cooling is really weak at the rear. This is especially a problem for us because I prefer lower cooling and wife/daughter/parents prefer higher cooling.

4) Absence of speed sensing Autolock. Who thought this could be a major safety issue. Had a scary experience sometime back when a Fortuner driver got pissed off because I overtook him, then he overtook me, stopped in front of me in the middle of the road and came out and had a go at me. Fortunately, Vento had auto lock and he simply banged on the glass and left. In the Jazz, I almost never remember to manually lock the doors.

Having said this, I am still happy with the choice given the constraints - that I needed a spacious automatic hatch. And the Jazz has more space than my Vento! It is just that I am frequently reminded of the compromises I have had to make.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 17:28   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Any suggestions on sun-shades? Has anyone tried buying them from Amazon or so?

Looking for magnetic ones preferably as those suction cup ones fall off too easily.

All suggestions welcome.
Pulling up an older topic.
Did you find any good magnetic sun-shades for Jazz's windows in Pune?

If yes, please provide details along with your take on the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks