Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:37   #931
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I completely agree with you on this. I was about to post this query here. I have seen two new Jazz VX with a hanging wire towards the rear right wheel.

Why no silver finish for the driver side key hole? Looks bad. Why didn't they integrate the key hole with the door handle like the Amaze?

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
One thing which I have noticed in at least 5-7 Jazz new model in Delhi NCR is that there is some kind of wire hanging low when seen from the rear side of the car i.e. if Jazz is in front of me at say 100 mtrs, I can see the wire hanging low. Not sure what wire is it though, however its strange that a new car with a brand like Honda has such a lapse during quality checks of cars.

Last edited by pradkumar : 23rd October 2015 at 13:40.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 13:55   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One thing which I have noticed in at least 5-7 Jazz new model in Delhi NCR is that there is some kind of wire hanging low when seen from the rear side of the car i.e. if Jazz is in front of me at say 100 mtrs, I can see the wire hanging low. Not sure what wire is it though, however its strange that a new car with a brand like Honda has such a lapse during quality checks of cars.
It's not a lack of quality control. Rather, it's by design.
Those are wires for handbrake.

As per Honda, this is not a problem with those as the wires are pretty thick and strong and also since those move with the wheel chances of those hitting anything is very less though theoretically possible.

I agree that it's an eyesore and those should have been neatly tucked in the underbody of the car. It's all good in the old Jazz.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:51   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- Bluetooth is incredibly annoying and just doesnt pair with the phones.

We definitely need to go back to the showroom on saturday and get these checked.
Bluetooth has been behaving perfectly fine for me.

Did you go into the Bluetooth setup and pair your phone?

Also, for safety reasons pairing is disabled while the engine is running.
Old 23rd October 2015, 15:09   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
It's not a lack of quality control. Rather, it's by design.
Those are wires for handbrake.

As per Honda, this is not a problem with those as the wires are pretty thick and strong and also since those move with the wheel chances of those hitting anything is very less though theoretically possible.

I agree that it's an eyesore and those should have been neatly tucked in the underbody of the car. It's all good in the old Jazz.

I am sorry but I disagree with the Honda's logic, its just not a eyesore rather lack of attention to small details while assembling a car. If the wires are not so important as per Honda then why have them there, I am sure a simple plastic tie could have been used to secure them safely within the car chassis or body. There are high chances that the wire can be cut if the car goes over some rock/beam strong enough to snap it up into two.
invincible7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:05   #935
BHPian

Most of new Jazz owners seem to be CVT since at the moment this is most loaded automatic premium hatchback. I am considering it barring that we have a brio with same 1.2 petrol at home. Wish there was a 1.5 RS version with CVT. Even more sad that baleno is not offered with all bells and whistles and the segment leader i20 is not available in automatic. So at the moment jazz CVT is the top contender due to lack of choice
Old 23rd October 2015, 17:55   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry but I disagree with the Honda's logic, its just not a eyesore rather lack of attention to small details while assembling a car. If the wires are not so important as per Honda then why have them there, I am sure a simple plastic tie could have been used to secure them safely within the car chassis or body. There are high chances that the wire can be cut if the car goes over some rock/beam strong enough to snap it up into two.
Buddy, I agree this is definitely lack of attention to detail. Plastic tie and all might not be easy as it needs to handle the extreme heat near the exhaust while being strong enough. It's all nicely tucked in for the old Jazz the way it should have been in the new.
Though these should have been designed better, I am not sure if it's a cause for concern. Honda is not saying the wires are important. Their logic is that these wires will not get damaged as they move with the wheels and strong enough not to get cut even if something hits them. I know all these because there were lots of discussion on some facebook groups on this topic when a few of the owners raised this concern.
If you get a chance, ask the service center people to lift the car and have a look. Check out those 'wires' if they look strong enough to you or not. Also, try to look below the car from the rear as it goes over a bump etc. and see the clearance between these wires and the road surface. You can also raise this concern to the service center and see if they can bolt it to the underbody etc.

PS - DId any owner bring this up to the service center or Honda?

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd October 2015 at 18:06.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 14:17   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Whitefield Honda to get the few issues checked

1. Compared the rear view camera system with the test drive car. Turns out they werent different. The wide view and regular view are virtually the same. I would have much preferred a beeping sensor based non video system to this one.

2. Bluetooth worked after deleting the phones and repairing them. Connecting a paired phone after switching the car off and then on though is problematic. Will try to work out different scenarios and identify the problem.

3. Got the brake pedal adjusted and the play has thankfully been removed. Now it is confidence inspiring. Earlier If I tried braking in a linear matter it was nothing-> nothing-> start braking -> full braking. This was disconcerting to say the least. We tried the same experiment with the the test drive car and that was start braking -> better braking -> jerk inducing braking -> full braking which even the sales advisor admitted was a problem they hadnt noticed earlier. Initially the service advisor said that all Honda automatics come with quite a bit of play and this was due to the automatic transmission. I didnt buy that story, any thought?
neil.jericho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 19:49   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
PS - DId any owner bring this up to the service center or Honda?
I did. It had been mentioned earlier on this thread as well by fellow members. I wrote an email to Honda with pictures and links to this thread. In turn they directed it back to the dealer. I got a response that Honda engineers will look into it. Nothing happened thereafter. I had also mentioned it to the Service head of the dealership before taking delivery. At that time he assured me they will tie it to the chassis at the first service if it's possible. To be honest we and the service head had a look at all other Jazz cars in the stockyard and multiple City's. All of them had same positioning of the handbrake cables. It was confirmed by the Service advisor that this is how it is in these cars nowdays. Since City has a boot, so the hanging cable it's not visible as apparently as in case of Jazz. To be fair we have noticed similar design of handbrake cables in other brand cars as well on the road. In fact the team bhp official review for Skoda rapid has mentioned this flaw too. Now when we asked him if it is a matter of concern he said that there is nothing to be worried about and these cables are really extremely strong and they won't get tangled easily. He also said it needs a bit of play since these get tightened when the handbrake is applied. So they cannot be fixed tightly. Otherwise it might affect handbrake functioning.
During the first service also we asked the service advisor to look into this and tie the cable. He said there is no place where these cables can be tied. When the car was lifted for underbody check, it was as the advisor had said. No place to tie. It is clamped at one place but it's surely not as neatly tucked as in the old jazz. Since we didn't want to interfere with the handbrake operation we did not ask them again to tie it.
I would request other owners also to try to check with their service advisors. If someone can find a solution, it will be helpful for everyone. Or at least if we have more people mentioning it, maybe just maybe Honda will take notice.
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 22:20   #939
BHPian

Hi guys, made a call to honda and complained them regarding the vibrations in the 3rd gear. They told me, it is a common problem for all honda jazz cars. They even told me they can come with 2 jazz cars to my home to show it is the same.
Old 26th October 2015, 16:54   #940

Hi Guys, today i believe MSIL has set the cat (Read: Baleno) amongst the pigeons (Read: Elite i20, Jazz, Figo, Aspire etc) with its pricing. (More specifically the Zeta petrol variant pricing is a stunner!!)

I have thus far known the Jazz's IVTEC engine to be the King of the petrol kingdom (definitely better than the VTVT of the elite i20), however reading, reviews of the Baleno some fellow BHPians (experts?) seem to think that Suzuki's "K-Series" petrol engine has the crown now? Do fellow Honda owners agree?

In terms of bells and whistles, i believe Baleno trumps all the variants of Jazz hands down, but then at the end of the day, my heart still beats for the Honda (and its legacy!!!!). IMHO with this pricing, one will see lots of Baleno's on the road, and that will be a "feel good" factor for the Jazz owners, as they will stand out from the "crowd".
ShanJazz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 17:19   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post
Hi Guys, today i believe MSIL has set the cat (Read: Baleno) amongst the pigeons (Read: Elite i20, Jazz, Figo, Aspire etc) with its pricing. (More specifically the Zeta petrol variant pricing is a stunner!!)

I have thus far known the Jazz's IVTEC engine to be the King of the petrol kingdom (definitely better than the VTVT of the elite i20), however reading, reviews of the Baleno some fellow BHPians (experts?) seem to think that Suzuki's "K-Series" petrol engine has the crown now? Do fellow Honda owners agree?

In terms of bells and whistles, i believe Baleno trumps all the variants of Jazz hands down, but then at the end of the day, my heart still beats for the Honda (and its legacy!!!!). IMHO with this pricing, one will see lots of Baleno's on the road, and that will be a "feel good" factor for the Jazz owners, as they will stand out from the "crowd".
Good one!

I expect to get my Jazz V-CVT in the coming days. I will have more 'hands-on' feedback for you shortly!

But just my feeling - Honda has failed in the past but this Jazz CVT seems good. My guess is - as usual - I will be unlucky and they will start giving discounts after I have got my car! BUT - they will continue to do steady business.
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:54   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hi guys, made a call to honda and complained them regarding the vibrations in the 3rd gear. They told me, it is a common problem for all honda jazz cars. They even told me they can come with 2 jazz cars to my home to show it is the same.
My vehicle has the same issue but after driving Honda City and Amaze, I can put this issue to rest since they too have this problem. During my first service, the SA provided me the test drive of ANHC and Amaze and the intensity of vibration on third gear was the same. It kind of takes away the pleasure of driving but is not a huge issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanJazz View Post

Absolutely! When I started my hunt for a vehicle, my top priorities were ABS/EBD and airbags. I could have easily saved around 1 lakh bucks (OTR Delhi) by getting the Delta variant of Baleno or could have got the Zeta that is similarly priced to SV of Jazz and have ended up with alloy wheels, rear wiper, arm-rest, push start/stop with smartkey, UV cut glass and ACC. The list is too big on variant to variant comparison and the pricing of Jazz suddenly makes it look daylight robbery. Tough time ahead for Honda and we may soon see some offers/discounts pouring in for Jazz. Anyways, I've bought it now so I plan to enjoy the product I've invested in than thinking about what I could have bought with that money. Its a similar feeling when you bought a gadget and suddenly see a price drop the next week

On the other end of the spectrum, what bothers me about Baleno is the weight. I totally get it when they say its high on strength and Suzuki was able to make it 10% stronger with the materials used while keeping the weight in check. But 10% stronger than what? Swift? If that is the case, then thanks but no thanks! I only have basic understanding of crash tests and I remember that video of Swift where the vehicle's rear end lifted up as it crashed and changed its position sideways (a little) after the crash. I would want some insight on this if the end result would be the same for a vehicle with heavier kerb weight. Thoughts?

Last edited by k.sumit : 26th October 2015 at 20:22.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 09:38   #943
BHPian

Almost booked the Honda Jazz yesterday but now holding back with the hope that maruti will sense the market sentiment and release CVT on top version which is as expensive as Jazz CVT V but however I guess they will have a huge booking queue and hence nothing will happen in next 6 months. The next and most likely possibility I hope is that Jazz will roll out offers from next month due to the Baleno impact. Fingers crossed since I really liked the Jazz CVT test drive barring the flimsy door handles which gives a feeling of poor build quality.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 09:57   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I could have easily saved around 1 lakh bucks (OTR Delhi) by getting the Delta variant of Baleno or could have got the Zeta that is similarly priced to SV of Jazz and have ended up with alloy wheels, rear wiper, arm-rest, push start/stop with smartkey, UV cut glass and ACC. The list is too big on variant to variant comparison and the pricing of Jazz suddenly makes it look daylight robbery. Tough time ahead for Honda and we may soon see some offers/discounts pouring in for Jazz.
Looks like Honda has already hit the panic button. When I was scouting for a car, I did TD Jazz with Deccan Honda here in Pune. Though I loved it immensely but at the price of SV iVTech I was able to grab a Figo 1.5D, that's another matter.

My SA from Deccan Honda had called and I had conveyed my decision a good 15 days ago. Turns out, I got 2 calls yesterday from Deccan Honda asking about my decision. The 2nd call in particular seemed like a conf-call with at least 2-3 people seated on the other side. They asked in details about the factors that swayed my decision. To me it was a clear cut Baleno effect.

My intuition, be ready for some discounts for Jazz in the coming days!!
teemus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 10:18   #945

Booked my metallic silver Jazz Idtec V on September 1st and got it delivered on September 15th. I followed this thread religiously and thanks to all those who made valuable contributions to the forum. This discussion contributed a lot to the decision making process that made me a proud owner of this awesome car.

Have 3600 km on the odo. Here are a few thoughts I'd like to share:
1. The engine noise (exaggeration?): I moved to this car from a 2012 Swift VDI. I drove this car for 1.38 lakh km before moving to Jazz. To be very frank, the noise issue in my opinion is a bit exaggerated. This car is very responsive from the idle rpm onwards and this engine is not meant to be revved hard (Diesel engines by their very nature are heavier and less revv happy, right?) as you can do almost 90% of the driving (both in city and highway) UNDER 2000 rpm. So all you need to do is drive it with a light foot and you are good. The car is fantastically responsive and ambling along and cruising are absolutely silent. During overtaking manoeuvres, yes the note can be a bit gruff, other than that, the sound is not something that gets on your nerves or to put it differently, not one that you can't live with.
2. Love the fuel efficiency. My driving is 40% city and 60% highway and I drive to my workplace and back daily and the round trip is 120 km. The car is returning ~23 kmpl and that too driving in a somewhat spirited manner.
3. No issues with the bluetooth.
4. Love the looks.
5. Tyres are a bit underwhelming, got Goodyears with my car. Will upsize soon.
6. Satisfied with the In Car Entertainment system.
7. Breaks are great and confidence inspiring.
8. Love the 'airy' feel of the cabin, coming from claustrophobia inducing interiors of Swift.
9. ACC is wonderful, the controls took a little getting used to, but now happy with them.
10. At cruising speeds, in 6th gear, the only noise is the wind noise.
11. Love the reverse parking camera assistance. Once you get familiar with it, it's really a blessing.

Regards to my fellow auto enthusiasts!
sunnysran is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks