Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2015, 17:09   #841
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Doesn't Jazz come with speed sensing door locks? The official review does mentions that somewhere Edit: Post no. 7
Nope. Just did a TD again on Honda Jazz, there was no speed sensing lock. Checked a few other things as well:

1. If the engine is turned off, the AVN does not pick the song from where it was left. It starts to play again from first, more importantly, it shows first that "Caution" window and you need to press Ok button to start your songs or AVN.

2. Not the best rear suspension. Was comparing it with Ciaz ZXI model which can be rated 9/10. Jazz will be 7/10 for me.
Old 10th October 2015, 17:48   #842

Quote:
Doesn't Jazz come with speed sensing door locks? The official review does mentions that somewhere Edit: Post no. 7
Mine is a V variant Petrol and it doesn't lock automatically. Checked with VX trim, same story there as well. BHPian vprabu had also mentioned about the lack of auto lock in his ownership report.
Old 10th October 2015, 21:56   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Hey, that's me who got the charges waived off. Pm me your mail id. I will mail the format.

Hi , PM'ed you my email Id.
Old 11th October 2015, 01:27   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, that's me who got the charges waived off. Pm me your mail id. I will mail the format. The process I followed was like this.

1. Informed the dealer, other dealers are offering this and that and promised them to give mats, mud flaps, teflon etc
2. Asked them politely to waive off the handling charges which they did not agree
3. Shot a mail to honda, honda forwarded it to the dealership and i was contacted by their quality supervisor who asked me what was my problem
3. As my dad already went ahead and booked the car, I had to lie him that I was a new customer and wanted to take the jazz but the handling charges is standing between my decision making skill.
4. Immediately he asked me to go ahead and book the car and make a call to him at the spot to remove the handling charges
5. Called him after a delay of 2 hours to inform him we have booked the car and provided him the agent name, booking name and number
6. Problem solved + got so many freebies.

NB: Most dealers thrive for the highest level of feedback from the customer side. If they think they wont get that, they will surely try for that. I have read stories of customers who booked other honda cars and left a low level feedback for the showroom. They were receiving follow up calls from the dealership offering free services, free teflons etc to make up the mind of the customer for a higher level feedback.
I got most of the handling charges waived off from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore this week. My experience was
1. Wrote to Honda with proof that the charges were illegal. Attached PDF, court ruling and news articles.
2. Wrote again to Honda the next day since they didnt respond.
3. Honda wrote back with the dealership cc-ed.
4. Got a call from the dealership where we discussed the expected - mandatory charge, 100% legal, you were explained these costs from day 1, every customer pays it, all charge it etc. I stood my ground. Said they will get back.
5. Got another call from the dealership. Tone was noticeably different. Explained that it consisted of incidental expenses they will incur. I stood my ground. Said they will check with their accounts team and get back.
6. Got a final call from dealership. Checked with accounts team and agreed to waive off all charges except some actual registration fee of Rs 600 odd. Was given option of getting number plates from them for another Rs 500.

In my experience, dealerships will get 99 customers who will pay up without pushing back on these illegal handling charges for every 1 annoying knowledgeable customer who will go all out to get it waived off. Its up to you to decide which category you fall into

My suggestion to other potential buyers is be firm and polite but do your research. Dealers will eventually waive it off despite their initial vocal protests and multiple attempts to dissuade you.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 02:30   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I got most of the handling charges waived off from Whitefield Honda, Bangalore this week. My experience was
1. Wrote to Honda with proof that the charges were illegal. Attached PDF, court ruling and news articles.

In my experience, dealerships will get 99 customers who will pay up without pushing back on these illegal handling charges for every 1 annoying knowledgeable customer who will go all out to get it waived off. Its up to you to decide which category you fall into

My suggestion to other potential buyers is be firm and polite but do your research. Dealers will eventually waive it off despite their initial vocal protests and multiple attempts to dissuade you.
Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing. I think you would do everyone on the forum a big favour if you zipped the documents you referred to and uploaded it somewhere and posted the link so that other can make use of it.

Hope you will consider that.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 08:46   #846
BHPian

I am regularly sending the format mail to everyone who pmd me. Just pm ur mail id. I will send it
vishnurajanme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 16:31   #847
BHPian

I am interested to know how the gear shifts work for a tall gear vehicle like Jazz. A typical Maruti engine would require it as 1st till 10kmph, 2nd in 30-40 kmph, 3rd in 40-60 and 4th from 60 and above. I use 5th gear only in highways.

How is it in tall gear vehicles like Jazz? Existing and new Jazz ownera would have mastered by now.
Old 11th October 2015, 18:20   #848
BHPian

Did a test drive of the new Honda Jazz AT and came away disappointed. C'mon Honda you can do better than this. The performance was mediocre and gearing is all wrong. Even with Paddle shifters I was not able to extract anything from the engine. Tap on the accelerator and the engine whines and there is a sporty note, but nothing happens

I also tried the Sports mode and even that improved the situation slightly only. I was seriously considering Jazz for my new car next year, but I guess it is out of the list now. I only want an automatic and then there is not much of a choice under 10L I presume.

Last edited by shabash : 11th October 2015 at 18:21. Reason: Grammar correction
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 19:01   #849
BHPian

Try the brio AT. Could satisfy you. Same engine of the jazz. But the lower weight gives it some more performance. Try the verna AT too if you can sacrifice some FE.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 20:41   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
Did a test drive of the new Honda Jazz AT and came away disappointed. C'mon Honda you can do better than this. The performance was mediocre and gearing is all wrong. Even with Paddle shifters I was not able to extract anything from the engine. Tap on the accelerator and the engine whines and there is a sporty note, but nothing happens

I also tried the Sports mode and even that improved the situation slightly only. I was seriously considering Jazz for my new car next year, but I guess it is out of the list now. I only want an automatic and then there is not much of a choice under 10L I presume.
Hi shabash. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to share a bit of my experience. We started out with the same budget and requirement as yours about an year back and recently got our Jazz V CVT. We initially considered the Brio, Amaze, grand i10, and Xcent but didnt find any of them to meet our expectations. Brio was too bouncy and cheap looking interiors, Amaze had more sorted ride and handling than brio but really those interiors and the cost cutting is too much. Brio/amaze scream cheap. Coming to the Hyundais Grand i10 had no ABS airbags which we weren't wiling to compromise on and the Xcent well, it was okay but we realised are just not compact sedan people. Also wasn't satisfied with the steering and handling of both the Hyundais. The ride too was not a lot to our liking. The only real competition we had was between the Ford Aspire DCT and Jazz. We did consider the Polo Tsi for a brief while but we weren't willing to take a risk with the dicey VW after sales. Micra was dropped because we just did not like it.

We have now been using our Jazz the for almost a month now and having chosen it over the Ford Aspire DCT we aren't disappointed. We don't really find it so unresponsive. We use it daily and it performs the duties well. We have clocked about 1100kms now and do not find the gearing or acceleration to be a hindrance at all. The engine and transmission has smoothened out a lot. In fact we hardly use the paddles. A push on the accelerator is sufficient to do overtaking maneuvers also. We tried manual mode after running about 900kms and found it pretty responsive. It does take a while though to get a hold of the gears. We found D4 to have the best acceleration. Sure it's no scorcher but it's pretty reasonable for our use and there are no perceptible gear shifts. Yes there is a delay in engine revving first while the power is transmitted to the tyres a bit later but it's not more than a half a second or so. Add to it we are getting overall FE in the range of 14 in city driving with AC in mixed traffic conditions. In fact we had found the Ford having a more confused gearbox during our test drives. We did three test drives of the Jazz CVT before finalising and couple of the Ford too. Though the Ford seemed to have a slightly better acceleration but Jazz was no slouch. In fact in our Jazz we find it better now after the running in. I would suggest you to take test drives from different dealers. Some dealerships do not maintain their vehicles in top shape. You can test the Ford figo twins with the DCT too. In all honesty, if you want performance and don't care about the FE or iffy service support, the Polo GT Tsi is the only one which can match the requirements, but then again in Bangalore that might exceed your budget. The Ciaz AT, ecosport AT, Verna AT, city SV CVT will all fall beyond your budget by a fair bit. You can check out the Zest also if you are comfortable with Tata.

Happy test driving

Last edited by mandywanders : 11th October 2015 at 20:47. Reason: Additional information added
mandywanders is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 20:52   #851
BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be some confusion. While the official review mentions it as available, all of the ownership reports mentions it as a missing option. Maybe Honda had it enabled on media driver cars but disabled it for some reason on production variants? It will be good to get it confirmed and updated in the main review.
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 22:34   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Your friend is right, there is no VAT on LBT. LBT is calculated after VAT is applied.

I have asked the same question about LBT charges in PDI thread, but havent' got a reply from anyone.

Check
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...k-list-35.html

LBT is applicable of the turn over is over 50cr. Now its fair to assume that car dealer will be having that turn over.

What I am not getting is how do I know as a consumer if my LBT charges have actually got paid to ex-chequrer? In the days of octroi, there was an octroi paid receipt, what do we do in LBT?

It would be interesting to see if there are any other dealers in Mumbai who are doing turnover of less than 50cr, if they too are charging LBT, then god save us.

Please keep us posted.
Quick update: I have received the full refund for the 'illegal' VAT on Octroi. The dealer was desperate for me to give him a high rating on the feedback survey that Honda does and my poor rating did the trick. The dealer has also offered a free polish at the first service and a free interim service at 9 month interval.

Also, its been more than 40 days now since ordering the arm rest from AliExpress. The shipment has reached Mumbai customs but has not yet got cleared. Hopefully another few days to go. Fingers crossed.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 09:01   #853
BHPian

Quote:
I am regularly sending the format mail to everyone who pmd me. Just pm ur mail id. I will send it
Hello Vishnurajanme,
Good to see that you could find a way to waive off the illegal charges dealers charge. Can you PM me also the details / your mail id of the format as I being a newbie here am unable to PM you.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Old 12th October 2015, 10:34   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
There seems to be some confusion. While the official review mentions it as available, all of the ownership reports mentions it as a missing option. Maybe Honda had it enabled on media driver cars but disabled it for some reason on production variants? It will be good to get it confirmed and updated in the main review.

This is certainly not good news for me. I blindly assumed that the car has speed sensing door locks, to add to the pain the Jazz doesn't have lock unlock switch!

I have a scheduled delivery for 22nd Oct for V-CVT. I will have to find a way around this. May be add the lock-unlock switch after market, add speed sensing lock aftermarket, Please help on what to do!
Old 12th October 2015, 11:10   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
Hello Vishnurajanme,
Good to see that you could find a way to waive off the illegal charges dealers charge. Can you PM me also the details / your mail id of the format as I being a newbie here am unable to PM you.
Thanks a ton in advance.
Hi bro, I got this message while trying to message you.

"
  1. mach2 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
"

You do one thing, email me at vishnurajanme@gmail.com
I will forward the same.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks