Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 22:54   #1591
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hello!
My jazz is going strong at 15000 kms. I need advice where can I find rubber mats and wind deflectors online? My only concern is to get good fitment as most of the accessories available online are universal accessories.
Old 22nd May 2016, 02:12   #1592
BHPian

Can anyone tell me if the AUX cable in the dash of the VX trim is a female or a male adapter?
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:20   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Can anyone tell me if the AUX cable in the dash of the VX trim is a female or a male adapter?
It's a 3.5mm female jack. So you need a 3.5mm male to male AUX cable.
Reference image:

Honda Jazz : Official Review-2015hondajazz27.jpg

Last edited by ashishk29 : 22nd May 2016 at 13:23.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:23   #1594
BHPian

Dear all,
Took delivery of the Orchid white Jazz VX perol day before yesterday. i am uploading some pics of the beauty.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image1.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image2.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image3.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image4.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image5.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image6.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image7.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-image8.jpg

Highway Mileage

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image9.jpg

City Mileage

Honda Jazz : Official Review-image10.jpg
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:32   #1595
BHPian

Some aromatherapy for my jazz :-)
It's technically targeted for cupboards and almirahs. But the scent is just divine.

For 200rs, the natural scent of rose beats any car freshener out there!
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc_0380.jpg

Last edited by ashishk29 : 22nd May 2016 at 22:33.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 01:04   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear all,

Took delivery of the Orchid white Jazz VX perol day before yesterday. i am uploading some pics of the beauty.
====
Attachment 1509655

Superb !! That's exactly the same color and variant I am also contemplating if I go with jazz.. Isn't the city mileage a bit on lower side, may be should pick up after 1st mileage. Congrats and great time ahead with the car.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd May 2016 at 16:22. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:57   #1597
BHPian

Short TD observations

I took a TD of Jazz iVtec yesterday. Maybe it was an issue with the TD car or what, but the car was taking a lot of time in picking speed.

I had to revv it to 4k-5k RPMs to feel any punch in the engine.

I was thoroughly disappointed, as I had expected more from the 1.2 iVtec.
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:57   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Superb !! That's exactly the same color and variant I am also contemplating if I go with jazz.. Isn't the city mileage a bit on lower side, may be should pick up after 1st mileage. Congrats and great time ahead with the car.
Thanks a lot,

Yes, it really looks good in White. One peice of advice is to go for the metallic white rather than the non-metallic white. Regarding the city mileage it currently stands at 12.5. Please not that this is complete bumper to bumper traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
I took a TD of Jazz iVtec yesterday. Maybe it was an issue with the TD car or what, but the car was taking a lot of time in picking speed.

Yes it is lethargic and takes time to gain Momentum. You can feel this on inclined roads and in start stop situation. Once the engine gets over above 2000 RPM, it shows a lot of eagerness to move forward.
For your information, I drove an I10 1.2 Kappa before this and yes this is something that we have to get adjusted and trust me it is no
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:36   #1599
BHPian

Dear Jazz owners,

Owners of VX Model can help me out.

When the vehicle is switched on and off the AVN music system takes some time to load. There is a warning message with an OK button that appears every time.This button is grayed out form some time and does not respond till it becomes black.

Do you guys also face the same issue. Can we disable this warning system?
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:07   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,
Congratulations! Looks good in that colour. All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Yeah the acceleration of the petrol is pretty sluggish. But where it excels is the silent and smooth operation all across the RPM range. It also does pretty well once it's gotten some momentum on the highways.

This i-Vtec engine compensates for the lower acceleration with very smooth operation and very easy drive feel.
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:59   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jazz owners,

When the vehicle is switched on and off the AVN music system takes some time to load. There is a warning message with an OK button that appears every time.This button is grayed out form some time and does not respond till it becomes black.

This is known and reported before. May be you can check few pages back.In short, the grayed out time lag is because the AVN system is warming up or booting up in technical terms. Once booted, it comes to life.

Coming to the warning button, that's a normal warning all AVN systems show, even my CRV here shows warning (albeit in german ) and there is nothing you can do about it. Just a safety measure, nothing to worry unless there is an error or some unusual warning.

cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:07   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jazz owners,

First of all congrats for getting a new vehicle Vivek. Secondly I agree with what Shiv has just mentioned above. I have a VX myself and I had the same query as you. But after sometime you will get used to it. These days I actually switch the AVN on after a few minutes after I start driving. I have noticed that then the button is not greyed out.

Just wondering, why did you leave the bumper protectors out? You should have gone for those. They have served their purpose well in my case, especially the front left one and the rear right one. Easy to touch up with some spray paint as well, at least easier as compared to the bumper itself.

And to answer Shiv's query (sorry, didn't hit Quote+) city mileage might go up with time. Even mine was 10-11kmpl during the initial days. Now it reads 13.8kmpl.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 23rd May 2016 at 16:17.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:02   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
First of all congrats for getting a new vehicle Vivek. Secondly I agree with what Shiv has just mentioned above. I have a VX myself and I had the same query as you. But after sometime you will get used to it. These days I actually switch the AVN on after a few minutes after I start driving. I have noticed that then the button is not greyed out.

Just wondering, why did you leave the bumper protectors out? You should have gone for those. They have served their purpose well in my case, especially the front left one and the rear right one. Easy to touch up with some spray paint as well, at least easier as compared to the bumper itself.

And to answer Shiv's query (sorry, didn't hit Quote+) city mileage might go up with time. Even mine was 10-11kmpl during the initial days. Now it reads 13.8 kmpl.
Thanks a lot. Yes very true. i got used to the AVN lag. But once it boots up it is very user friendly. Regarding the bumper protectors i was told that we do not get it by the sales person. did not bother a lot about. How much will it cost in case we need to add it separately?

The city mileage is hovering around 12.7 kms/litre as of now and expect to go up.

Just wanted to ask how accurate will be the average fuel efficiency that is displayed.
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:22   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Yes very true. i got used to the AVN lag. But once it boots up it is very user friendly. Regarding the bumper protectors i was told that we do not get it by the sales person. did not bother a lot about. How much will it cost in case we need to add it separately?

The city mileage is hovering around 12.7 kms/litre as of now and expect to go up.

Just wanted to ask how accurate will be the average fuel efficiency that is displayed.
That's strange. I got my door and bumper protectors from the dealership itself. In Bomba,y during July 2015, the price of the bumper protectors was INR 2,914 (INR 1,457 each for the front and rear ones) in total. The non Honda ones might be cheaper. But then they might not match the look/quality/colour of the ones that you have put on your doors.

Regarding fuel efficiency readings, not an expert in those 'maths' related matters , but some pages back one fellow Jazz owner did comment that the MID readings were in line with the figure calculated using the benchmark tank-to-tank (I guess that's what it's called) method. Request experts to comment on this.
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:57   #1605
Team-BHP Support

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/afford...st-honda-jazz/

Overdrive tests the Honda Jazz on the track. Surprisingly the diesel Jazz is a full two seconds faster around the track compared to the petrol. Petrol Jazz posted the slowest timings for all cars tested.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks