Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2015, 09:53   #781
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi,
As we are struggling with low sound horn, I am posting some picks for ease out this. We have to remove bumper (), mentioned link will help you to get the feel of it.

First you need to remove bumper and you can see the pics for location of horns. It has single pin socket as mentioned in pics. I didn't clicked pics for fitment. you need to take wire from output to back of horn and tie it up with bolt and another one you can use scotch lock and tie with this socket.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150902_122408.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150902_122419.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150902_122415.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150902_123602.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150906_171809.jpg  

sam003 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 13:53   #782
BHPian

Thanks for the great help bro. Can you please help me with the process of connecting wires? i.e, from the horn socket to the new horns? Is any wiring harness available for that? Please advise.
Old 29th September 2015, 01:39   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Thanks for the great help bro. Can you please help me with the process of connecting wires? i.e, from the horn socket to the new horns? Is any wiring harness available for that? Please advise.
You need three things along with horn.
1. Connectors.
2. Scotch Lock
3. Wire.

First use connect connector to wire and make set of Four. Connect one set to one connector of each horn. Now tie this wire on nut bolt (which is being used to hold the horn), this will give earth to horn.

Now connect second set to horn and push the sleeve of horn wire a bit, you will see the wire. You need scotch lock and insert your wire which you connected to horn on hole marked as black lines. Its a dead end portion of scotch lock. And another side marked as blue in pic, but our horn wire (where your horn was originally connected) which you got after moving sleeve a bit. And keep the wire on blue marked side and close the lock.

Now press the horn button and check.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-hornconnector.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-scotch_lock.jpg  

Old 29th September 2015, 02:11   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijjuvk View Post
Congratulations Weka. Your car looks cool and sporty in the Sunset Orange shade. Wish you tons of safe and happy miles. Appreciate if you could post an ownership review.
Thanks for the comments. I'm still getting used to the forum but will definitely post the ownership review soon. Have some interesting points to share.
weka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:03   #785
BHPian

Posting it a bit late. We took delivery of our Orchid White V-CVT on September 18, 2015. Already clocked about 650kms on the odo. Lifetime FE stands at 13.8kmpl till date. Overall very satisfied with the car.

Last edited by mandywanders : 30th September 2015 at 10:21. Reason: Mentioned wrong month
Old 30th September 2015, 10:12   #786
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats and wish you miles of happiness. Do start an ownership report if feasible.

OT: Your Jazz seems to have an inbuilt time machine, which enabled you to have taken delivery in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
Posting it a bit late. We took delivery of our Orchid White V-CVT on October 18, 2015
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:29   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congrats and wish you miles of happiness. Do start an ownership report if feasible.
Thanks Rajeevraj. Will surely try to compile something. But going by the standards you guys have set, its a very tough ask from us newbies. Also thanks, your inputs on this thread as well as admicra's comments were very helpful in finalizing our Jazzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
OT: Your Jazz seems to have an inbuilt time machine, which enabled you to have taken delivery in the future.
Thank you for pointing that out. Have corrected it now.

Last edited by mandywanders : 30th September 2015 at 10:39.
mandywanders is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:47   #788
BHPian

Guys,

I need your help.
I am planning to book sunset orange Jazz V automatic in Bangalore.
The dealer is quoting around 2 months wait and Rs 50,000 for booking.
Now my ques is
1) Do I negotiate (removing handling charge 7.5k, outside insurance) at time of booking or at the time when car arrives
2) Lets say if i successfully negotiate and get them to agree. Once I am on wait list, wont the dealer deprioritise me over another buyer who books later and ready to pay sticker price
3) What are the best discounts/freebees you have been able to extract from honda dealer
4) Is booking amount 50,000 or less, just want to confirm if my dealer is taking me for a ride

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
rawnak
Old 30th September 2015, 13:49   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawnak View Post
Guys,

I need your help.
Now my ques is
1) Do I negotiate (removing handling charge 7.5k, outside insurance) at time of booking or at the time when car arrives
2) Lets say if i successfully negotiate and get them to agree. Once I am on wait list, wont the dealer deprioritise me over another buyer who books later and ready to pay sticker price
3) What are the best discounts/freebees you have been able to extract from honda dealer
4) Is booking amount 50,000 or less, just want to confirm if my dealer is taking me for a ride

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
rawnak

I have posted the answer for all these queries before. Just dig older pages of this forum. For your information, I got my shipping & handling charges of Rs. 6000+ waived off, took outside insurance for 14k, got free teflon coating & Mats
Old 30th September 2015, 13:56   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawnak View Post
Guys,

I need your help.

Now my ques is

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

rawnak

Rawnak - The booking amount at Dakshin Honda Bangalore is Rs. 21000. Please do not book at Magnum Honda as they are big time frauds. They charge 51000 as booking amount and will force you to go for car care and other miscellaneous things which costs 40000.

The wait time quoted by Dakshin Honda is 2 months though they claim certain colors will take more time.
Old 1st October 2015, 03:20   #791
BHPian

Hello BHPians! Glad to have my membership approved and I am excited to be a part of this elite community. I recently bought the Honda Jazz SV MT Petrol and am quite happy with my purchase. Space was my top priority along with fuss free ownership and Jazz ticked all the right boxes. After driving 2 Hyundai cars back to back for 13 years, I did not consider Elite i20 though its a formidable opponent.

I am facing a strange issue, which I realized few of the city owners are too; after referring to Honda City forum. When I slot the car in third gear, I get a feeling that the gear stick is grinding with something inside. Referring to the city forums, I figured out that a faulty gear syncronizer could lead to this issue. The funny part is that I only feel that in the third gear while keeping my hand on the stick. I haven't observed odd behavior in performance due to it but fear that it may lead to a bigger issue if not paid attention to. Any suggestions/thoughts would be highly appreciated.

As a member, I look forward to add some value to the forum and help fellow BHPians with any information they may seek.
Old 1st October 2015, 09:47   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hello BHPians! Glad to have my membership approved and I am excited to be a part of this elite community. I recently bought the Honda Jazz SV MT Petrol and am quite happy with my purchase. Space was my top priority along with fuss free ownership and Jazz ticked all the right boxes. After driving 2 Hyundai cars back to back for 13 years, I did not consider Elite i20 though its a formidable opponent.

I am facing a strange issue, which I realized few of the city owners are too; after referring to Honda City forum. When I slot the car in third gear, I get a feeling that the gear stick is grinding with something inside. Referring to the city forums, I figured out that a faulty gear syncronizer could lead to this issue. The funny part is that I only feel that in the third gear while keeping my hand on the stick. I haven't observed odd behavior in performance due to it but fear that it may lead to a bigger issue if not paid attention to. Any suggestions/thoughts would be highly appreciated.

As a member, I look forward to add some value to the forum and help fellow BHPians with any information they may seek.

Checked with my Jazz VMT iVtec. It is not there. I think, you should contact the service center.
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 10:05   #793
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have just joined TEAM-BHP.

First of all thank you Moderators, for letting me be a part of this fantastic forum.

A bit of background - I have a Honda City ZX VTEC (2006) and a Maruti Suzuki WagonR (2011). I do a lot of driving between Pune and Mumbai. Mostly, I use the City and my wife uses the WagonR. However, both of us land up using the other car once in a while.

Due to the increasing traffic issues, I have decided to go in for an automatic transmission car. I will not start off on the logic used by me for this selection - but - I landed up selecting the Honda Jazz V CVT 2015 version in Pearl White colour.

I have to thank this specific group for helping me firm up this decision.
I have booked the car on 23 Aug 2015 and I have been promised that I will get it before 22 Oct 2015. I guess, if I had pushed it, they would have committed an earlier date. However, since I am in no particular hurry (I am going to have a hard time parting with my City!) and with pitrupaksh till 12 or 13 Oct, anyway I have to wait!

I drive about 12000 km per year and I guess I will have a lot to share with this group after I get my Jazz V CVT.
On the happy relationship that I have enjoyed with Deccan Honda of Pune, I do not anticipate any real issues. However, now I know that I have this forum to help me - thanking you in advance!
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 17:49   #794
BHPian

Sales of Jazz seem to be loosing steam.

However, sales of its newly launched Jazz have seen a fall for the second consecutive month from 6676 in July to 5404 in August to 4762 in September.

Source: http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...tember/144473/
Old 1st October 2015, 18:39   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Sales of Jazz seem to be loosing steam.

However, sales of its newly launched Jazz have seen a fall for the second consecutive month from 6676 in July to 5404 in August to 4762 in September.

Source: http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...tember/144473/
Not surprising. Seriously. Should settle to ~3.5K to 4K figure per month. With Baleno coming up it will be interesting to watch this segment.

O.T. Amaze increasing by 100% is another shocker for me. I would expect people to shift to Aspire. But Honda is Honda after all.
AveekKumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks