Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 23:21   #766

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

There are 2 Honda dealerships in Chandigarh & both have taffeta white readily available. It seems its the same story everywhere
Old 27th September 2015, 09:34   #767
BHPian

Hi Guys, super excited to write my first post on Team-BHP.

I have bought the Jazz V CVT (Golden Brown) couple of weeks back. I have also ordered the arm rest from Ali Express but its been over 25 days and I have not received it. The tracking number shows updates only till the shipment left China and the last update is more than 15 days back. For people who have got the armrest, did you have to do any customs formalities or does the courier company do it on its own (this is my first time with Ali Express)? I have noticed that some overseas suppliers like iBhejo now require you to provide KYC documents for customs clearance but I have not received any call from Alibaba for the same.

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2015, 10:16   #768
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollapalooza View Post

I have bought the Jazz V CVT (Golden Brown) couple of weeks back. I have also ordered the arm rest from Ali Express but its been over 25 days and I have not received it. The tracking number shows updates only till the shipment left China and the last update is more than 15 days back. For people who have got the armrest, did you have to do any customs formalities or does the courier company do it on its own (this is my first time with Ali Express)? I have noticed that some overseas suppliers like iBhejo now require you to provide KYC documents for customs clearance but I have not received any call from Alibaba for the same.

Thanks!
For me it took 40 to 45 days to get my armrest.Yes you need to pay customs for it and the post man who brings the package will bring the receipt as well.
SKB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:45   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
For me it took 40 to 45 days to get my armrest.Yes you need to pay customs for it and the post man who brings the package will bring the receipt as well.

I never piad any extra custom duty on the armrest I ordered from aliexpress.
Old 27th September 2015, 11:58   #770
BHPian

Checked out new Jazz in Pune. Deccan Honda charges 8k as handling charges. What is it for ? Is it negotiable ? And is it a legit sum they are charging ?
BHPians please let me know as I am planning to book Jazz.
Thanks and regards.
Old 27th September 2015, 14:20   #771
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
I never piad any extra custom duty on the armrest I ordered from aliexpress.
May be it depends with the city ankit I think I paid around 60 or 70 rs.
Old 27th September 2015, 15:09   #772

Hello All

This is my first post and want to let you know about my new Jazz.
Booked my Jazz V CVT with Green Honda (Hyderabad) on June 20th. He was delaying my delivery and finally gave a date as Oct first week for the Sunset Orange color. In the meanwhile i was looking around with other dealerships and Metra Honda guys said they have one coming in on Sep 7th and that was available somehow. Confirmed the vehicle on 7th and finished the paperwork next day and took the delivery of the car on 10th Sep.
Already done with the first servicing at 1000 kms after couple of long drives.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150927023537.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150927023538-1.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20150927023538.jpg  

weka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 17:34   #773

Though the color looks dull in the pictures above as it was raining that day, it is pretty good when sunny
Old 27th September 2015, 17:44   #774
BHPian

Congratulations Weka. Your car looks cool and sporty in the Sunset Orange shade. Wish you tons of safe and happy miles. Appreciate if you could post an ownership review.
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 18:33   #775
BHPian

My silver v is hear, did a full pdi as per tbhp checklist. It has 50 km on the odo. Goodyear tyres and Amron battery. Should I consider changing the tyres. What else to consider installing from the dealer. Some pictures

Delivery on Wednesday after registration.
Old 27th September 2015, 19:49   #776
BHPian

While I am overall very happy with the car, a few things that I have noticed so far which are a bit strange or off putting in some cases:

1/ The leather that is used to wrap the steering wheel is a bit slippery. On more than one occasion when I have tried to quickly turn the steering wheel, my hands have come off.

2/ While the AC is fairly powerful, the touch screen is just a gimmick at best. As others have pointed out, if you are driving you cannot adjust the AC without taking your eyes of the road. And I don't think I will get used to it. This is seriously off putting.

3/ The horn sounds relatively weak, especially compared to my Vento.

4/ While the doors don't seem very 'heavy', they do seem to need extra force to close. On multiple occasions both me and my wife have found that when we close the doors they don't really close and we need to close them again using extra force.

5/ The inbuilt Bluetooth system works very well with the driver. But it is very hard for the co-passenger to use the same. He has to speak really loudly for his voice to be heard. I understand it is because of the placement of the mic.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 23:12   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by weka View Post
Hello All

This is my first post and want to let you know about my new Jazz.
Booked my Jazz V CVT with Green Honda (Hyderabad) on June 20th. He was delaying my delivery and finally gave a date as Oct first week for the Sunset Orange color. In the meanwhile i was looking around with other dealerships and Metra Honda guys said they have one coming in on Sep 7th and that was available somehow. Confirmed the vehicle on 7th and finished the paperwork next day and took the delivery of the car on 10th Sep.
Already done with the first servicing at 1000 kms after couple of long drives.
Weka, the Sunset Orange color looks smashing. This was my first choice too (we finally settled on Golden Brown). But wifey felt I was not young enough to carry it off.
lollapalooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 08:55   #778
BHPian

Quote:
While the AC is fairly powerful, the touch screen is just a gimmick at best. As others have pointed out, if you are driving you cannot adjust the AC without taking your eyes of the road. And I don't think I will get used to it. This is seriously off putting.
Hello lollapalooza. I used to face the same problem. I was not able to find a comfortable temperature setting and blower alignment. I was actually switching the AC on/off every 5 mins or so with temperature at 26 (yes, even that's cold for me), the middle two blowers facing straight ahead, the two extreme ones directed towards me, and the blower setting at 2 bars. Now, I keep the temperature at 27, the middle two blowers angled downwards, the two extreme ones directed towards me, and most important: I use the auto climate control option.

The noise room the blowers is a bit excessive initially but it quietens down after 5-10 minutes. I drive alone almost all the time and hence this arrangement works perfectly for me. Periodically taking eyes off the road was proving to be extremely distracting. You are from Mumbai, you must know how bad the traffic is in the suburbs. I think you will adjust well after some time.
Old 28th September 2015, 09:23   #779
BHPian

Quote:
While I am overall very happy with the car, a few things that I have noticed so far which are a bit strange or off putting in some cases:

1/ The leather that is used to wrap the steering wheel is a bit slippery. On more than one occasion when I have tried to quickly turn the steering wheel, my hands have come off.

2/ While the AC is fairly powerful, the touch screen is just a gimmick at best. As others have pointed out, if you are driving you cannot adjust the AC without taking your eyes of the road. And I don't think I will get used to it. This is seriously off putting.

3/ The horn sounds relatively weak, especially compared to my Vento.

4/ While the doors don't seem very 'heavy', they do seem to need extra force to close. On multiple occasions both me and my wife have found that when we close the doors they don't really close and we need to close them again using extra force.

5/ The inbuilt Bluetooth system works very well with the driver. But it is very hard for the co-passenger to use the same. He has to speak really loudly for his voice to be heard. I understand it is because of the placement of the mic.
1. Hi, it is slippery, but it means that the material wont be worn off soon. Also it feels more slippery if your hands are wet. Same is the case with i20 too. But i20 has those bulges in the steering which actually prevents the steering from getting slipped off!

2. Yes, it is just a gimmick, but I have found a way to use it. You may be able to find two bulges on the silver line below the touch panel of the AC. One of those is near the AC on/off and other one near the blower I guess. I can switch on and switch off the AC but searching for those bulges with my hand with my eyes still on the road. Try it, maybe helpful.

3. I pointed out this earlier. It is not actually weak. The frequency is a bit off put. Sounds like a fisherman' scooty horn. Some of the users in this forum had replaced the horn with roots. I request them to post a DIY shortly. Will be much helpful for us.

4. Actually the door is heavy, but the hinges lack those premium type of closing/ 2-3 point open function found in cars like vento, fiat etc. Doors are just like a normal Maruthi 800' door. In my i20 if we simply push the door with <50% effort we do on the Jazz, it closes nicely with a clean shut sound due to some spring action in the hinges. This is lacking in the jazz.

5. I dint feel such difficulties. I am using the V variant. I think it is an issue with the VX alone
vishnurajanme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 09:47   #780
BHPian

Quote:

. The tracking number shows updates only till the shipment left China and the last update is more than 15 days back. For people who have got the armrest, did you have to do any customs formalities or does the courier company do it on its own (this is my first time with Ali Express)? I have noticed that some overseas suppliers like iBhejo now require you to provide KYC documents for customs clearance but I have not received any call from Alibaba for the same.

Thanks!
I have the same situation. The tracking number is not updating anymore from Kolkatta airport. It is expected to be picked up at Kolkota, but no updates at all. the order was shipped on 9thSep, till now no trace of it in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks