Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 18:23   #2986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I recently completed 6 peace of mind filled years with the Jazz CVT. Its done a shade under 35 K kms and is now running on Continental UC6 tires. I had posted a short review on the tires in the corresponding thread. Ive shifted to IOCL's XP95 for all my vehicles and the Jazz purrs along on this petrol. Thanks to Covid, my running over the last year and a half has been very limited, without any trips outside the state. This last weekend, I drove down to Coimbatore and returned to Cochin, mid week. I got a mileage of 17.62 kmpl for the drive down to Coimbatore and 17.29 kmpl for the return. I think these are the best figures that I have achieved till date and this is despite Kerala's speed camera controlled and busy highways. Overall mileage since I started tracking it over the last 5,500 kms is 11.49 kmpl with 95% city driving - 5% highway driving.

While renewing my car insurance this time, I noticed that all the companies provided very low IDVs for the Jazz. This was much below what was offered last year, I dont know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
I am in market for a family car. My primary requirements are

1) A solid CVT transmission not Pseudo one like AMT or i AMT or XYZ.
2) No 3 pots for me please. There is no replacement for displacement.
3) Safety.
4) Peace of mind Owner ship.

Biggest hurdle of all, my budget is fixed at 10 Lakh Max.
With your requirements, it makes sense to go for the Honda Jazz. It is fine in the hills.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 10:40   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Unfortunately, before i could make up my mind Yaris got discontinued leaving me with Jazz whose future too is uncertain at the moment.
Make up your mind fast. The production of Jazz in India has stopped, unofficial news. Dealers are not taking new bookings. Only selling old stock with them. You may get a good bargain too.
As far as the car is concerned, its a much more premium product than Baleno any day. Spares should not be a problem as it shares many, if not most, parts with 4th Gen City (which is still selling). Jazz built quality is superior to both its siblings (Amaze and 4th gen City). The only known issue is the AVN (Digipad 2). Luckily after a recent software update I have stopped facing issues with the AVN.
You may consider Amaze as well, however the built quality is a notche below Jazz and the CVT is a bit slower too(Personal perception during TD)
As with the future of Honda in India, Amaze and city outsell the combined of VAG. Honda is here to stay, at least till the E-cars revolution takes over (Which may make or break the Honda)
Cheers

Last edited by bravo82in : 27th October 2021 at 10:42.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 13:45   #2988
BHPian

I was looking for the Amaze Petrol CVT as the 2nd Car(to be driven by my wife 90% of the times). Came back with Jazz CVT instead as the build quality was miles ahead of the Brio brigade as well as competition that included i20 BALENO and Polo. I felt Jazz was an optimal mix of solid ride, stability at speeds/cornering (Moose test videos on Jazz were an eye opener), build quality inside out, excellent comfort and suspension for 5 well built persons, absolutely fuss free Honda ownership(I don't want to hear an earful from the better half!). The only downside was a tad underwhelming engine and lack of creature comforts like rear vents(which I was OK/liveable with). Sad that Honda is stopping production of such a beautiful vehicle and possibly replacing it with City Hatchback. At any rate I plan to keep this CVT beauty in the garage for next 10-12 yrs(or longer if required) and hence not even remotely worried on resale.

Just one clarification...how is the capability of the Jazz CVT to haul full load of people in the mountains. I would love to take the CVT to the mountains just for the sheer comfort it offers. Wanted opinion

Last edited by venbas : 29th October 2021 at 13:52. Reason: Quote correction
venbas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 16:52   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post

Just one clarification...how is the capability of the Jazz CVT to haul full load of people in the mountains. I would love to take the CVT to the mountains just for the sheer comfort it offers. Wanted opinion
Absolutely no issues

It has enough power. You need to learn to adapt to the CVT. Once you get over that, you can take it anywhere and do anything. Even drive fast, if you so wish!

It is about getting it to the right rpm ...
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:14   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Absolutely no issues

It has enough power. You need to learn to adapt to the CVT. Once you get over that, you can take it anywhere and do anything. Even drive fast, if you so wish!

It is about getting it to the right rpm ...
Yes totally right.

I happened to drive my sister's BS6 Jazz CVT, it's good as any other car. Drive mode is perfect for city and Sport mode is perfect for highways.

But if you come from bigger engines or similar segment diesel engine you feel the slight pinch. It's very tough to ignore, but it's not a deal breaker.
Ritz2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 18:22   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
I did try hauling 5 adults in the roads of wayanad which is not as steep as say ladakh ones but have decent incline and Jazz CVT didnt really pose much of a problem. Infact the CVT acts like a hill-hold assist in stop-go traffic which was a boon coming from manual.

But yeah dont expect polo 1.0 TSI type performance. The engine at best is adequate. And yeah much better built compared to Brio/Amaze. I have a brio back home where the 1.2 feels pretty sprightly but the build of the car is inferior to Jazz in every way. It was honda's engine gearbox reliability which pushed me towards the Jazz CVT compared to rivals back in 2019. Been 2.5 years and 12000kms of smooth ownership(touchwood)
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 10:35   #2992
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed this on the digipad 2.0? I see foggy screen after a few days of rain. Have a covered parking on 6th floor, so the car isn’t subjected to natural elements unless am out driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-52a5ac55f818478da0f9859da9dcbc67.jpeg  

SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 12:29   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Has anyone noticed this on the digipad 2.0? I see foggy screen after a few days of rain. Have a covered parking on 6th floor, so the car isn’t subjected to natural elements unless am out driving.
Nope, despite my car being used for almost a year in one of the rainiest place of east UP. May be because the ACC is on full time. I do see some dust inside the screen though. Does the fogging disappear after using the AVN or turning on the AC? I guess there is some gap between the touch screen and the top layer of protective screen where dust and water vapour can find entry.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 12:55   #2994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Nope, despite my car being used for almost a year in one of the rainiest place of east UP. May be because the ACC is on full time. I do see some dust inside the screen though. Does the fogging disappear after using the AVN or turning on the AC? I guess there is some gap between the touch screen and the top layer of protective screen where dust and water vapour can find entry.
Yeah 15 mins into the drive it disappears, at times faster. My ACC is always running at 24 degrees whenever the car is running.Can SVC guys fix this? Problem is by the time I reach service centre this would have disappeared.

And to fix this I guess they have to get the AVN out and put it back again? Won’t that lead to more gaps as it would be a manual process unlike factory fit

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th November 2021 at 12:58.
Old 9th November 2021, 13:27   #2995
BHPian

Make a video of the foggy screen with details like your vehicle registration number from sticker on wind screen/ VIN from lower end of B pillar and odometer reading. Share the same with CRM/ workshop manager. Ask them for a solution. Let’s see what they have to offer. There could be multiple causes, one being gap in screen. There may be water leaking into the cabin from AC( blocked ducts), common with Tata SUVs or break in door beading. Since the AC duct is just above the AVN that may also be causative factor. A wet towel or umbrella left overnight in a car can cause accumulation of moisture in cabin. If your Jazz is in warranty period you may even push for a replacement. But the cause needs to be ascertained first. The HU as I have seen in other vehicles is held by plastic clips and screws, opening and refitting to factory finish should not be a problem.
Old 9th November 2021, 16:10   #2996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Has anyone noticed this on the digipad 2.0?
yes , happens all the time, especially during humid / monsoon weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
I do see some dust inside the screen though.

I guess there is some gap between the touch screen and the top layer of protective screen where dust and water vapour can find entry.
the AVN unit in my car does have some amount of dust, and guess there's a gap somewhere.

But this problem goes away after driving for sometime, and doesn't affect the performance of the car or the avn unit, so I have not raised any issues with the service center.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2021, 17:31   #2997
BHPian

Hi everyone. I'm facing an issue with respect to NVH, mainly in the urban environment. Of late I feel the noise insulation doesn't seem to be as good as it was before. Noise insulation of the Jazz isn't something to write home about but I'm feeling there's a turn for the worse. Do I have to suspect the door seals? There doesn't seem to be any water leak issue whatsoever, touchwood. The car is totally stock and is a 2017 V CVT petrol. Any inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2021, 11:40   #2998
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Considering Jaz doesn't have ISOFIX seats, has anyone if you installed Child seat on the same. I have got A MeeMee car seat and carrier but unable to figure out the correct video and unable to find a video guide for Jazz in YouTube too.
Old 21st November 2021, 12:27   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
I have got A MeeMee car seat and carrier but unable to figure out the correct video and unable to find a video guide for Jazz in YouTube too.
Follow the manufacturer’s (MeeMee) instructions on how to fix the car seat using seat belt. It’s same for all cars and not specific to Jazz.

Else you may use universal ISOFIX mounts for converting normal seat to ISOFIX anchor seat. link (Aftermarket ISOFIX brackets for a child seat)
I cannot comment on the safety of these brackets. They are available on Amazon.in and ubuy.co.in. You may try other websites too. Mounts specific for Honda Jazz/ fit are available . How ever “Properly installed” child seat with seat belts is as safe as isofix. Remember “properly installed”
Old 1st December 2021, 14:01   #3000
BHPian

Me and my Honda Jazz V CVT 2017 Dec model just finished a 7700km long trip from Bangalore to Roorkee to Ludhiana to Jaipur to Roorkee to Bangalore. Started with trip meter at 59k odd and came back at 67k+. Drove for 1100km straight from Bangalore to Nagpur and car didn't break a sweat. Yes it's underpowered in D mode for certain situations but in S Mode it's more than sufficient to do some good overtaking. It can run at 100+km/hr for the whole day. Zero rattles after 4 years on Bangalore trenches and lunar surfaces but it has passed the test with flying colours. Never broke down (touchwood) and kind of fill the petrol and shut it kind. One thing must be said, Honda doesn't provide too many features but what it does provide you is peace of mind and very high reliability. I experienced the same with my previous Honda City ZX as well. All in all it has been quite a relaxing ownership experience with this car.
adi_gt is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks