Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2021, 19:46   #3001
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Has anyone noticed this on the digipad 2.0? I see foggy screen after a few days of rain. Have a covered parking on 6th floor, so the car isn’t subjected to natural elements unless am out driving.
In just 3 days into the ownership of my new Jazz which was delivered last Sunday, I noticed this fogging happening on the screen and that too its happening beneath the transparent layer of glass where I cannot wipe it off. But the fog patch wasn't as big as you showed in the picture.

This came up in around 4-5 km of driving and I realized that its occurring when the AC vents are pointed downwards onto the screen. Switched off the AC for sometime and then pointed the vents upwards/straight and it dint happen anymore for me. Looks like there is some gap where the humid air inside the cabin is getting in and condensing. Ideally it should not depend on AC vent position and should not happen as the layer is expected to be sealed properly. I plan to check with service folks when i drop in for my 1st service at 1000km or do you suggest reporting it now itself ? What say folks ?
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 20:27   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
Ideally it should not depend on AC vent position and should not happen as the layer is expected to be sealed properly. I plan to check with service folks when i drop in for my 1st service at 1000km or do you suggest reporting it now itself ? What say folks ?
I will be showing it in my scheduled service later this month. Though I don’t expect them to solve it. Anyways its not creating any problems as such so might as well live with it
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 12:27   #3003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Quick update on my Jazz AT:.
The last year's service report here. (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

As it is 12 months hence, I have given the car for it's annual service. It has done 26240 km cumulatively

No major complaints. Since they had changed the transmission last time, I refused it.

They randomly replaced a brake pedal rubber. I think some mechanic would have mucked around with it and cracked it. I have never had to replace pedal rubber in any of my cars till now!

Otherwise, they replaced engine oil, AC filter. Costed me a whopping 5760!

Interestingly, all this while they were doing it as though the car should have run 10k km every six month. That way, it should have been 40/50k service but they seem to have done a 30k service!

Now that the car is out of warranty, I would probably go with my own schedule.

Service bills
Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda-p1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda-p2.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-honda-p3.jpg

Statistics

Honda Jazz : Official Review-27k-mycars-costs.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-27k-mycars-cumulatives.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-27k-mycars-distance.jpg

They did the usual attempt to charge me additional for the washer fluid. Removed.
They tried to upsell some random AC cleaning spray. Refused

Strangely, they never tried to sell me the rat mesh! I might have at least considered it.

There are some rat foot prints inside the bonnet in both cars. Have purchased the 3M Rodent Repellent Spray ( 3M Rodent Repellent Coating, 250G 3M )

Also bought an ultrasonic rodent repellent for the basement garage ( ERSTE TECHNOLOGY Ultrasonic Rat/Rodent/Pest Repeller )

Will keep you guys posted on results!

Last edited by sridhu : 19th December 2021 at 12:31.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 15:16   #3004
BHPian

After 3 weeks of my VX CVT ownership, I did my first service (after completing 800km) at Brigade Honda, Yelahanka Bangalore. It was just a mediocre experience, probably I went with high hopes as my other car is a Skoda . But man ! I have to tell that from past 2 years, Skoda service experience is leaps ahead when compared to this. I don't want to judge just by one experience, but point worth noting is that they don't even care to ask if I have any complaints or observation or anything from the initial few weeks of ownership.
After punching in car details, the Service Advisor straightaway tried coercing me for Rat Mesh, Window tints, Ceramic coating etc. all costing upwards of INR 3000. I told them to just complete regular drill and give the car back. I was charged only for windshield fluid top up which came to INR 110.

I had two items for discussion, captured below with ASC response, and talked about it after my SA was done with the failed attempt to sell the addons.

Issue 1 was Fogging under the glass layer of the ICE when you direct AC vents downwards :- The response was that this is a common occurrence which is there in all Jazz variants with touch screen and I need to change the airflow direction or switch AC off for sometime. Not sure if this is a standard response across all service centers.

Issue 2 was lack of adjustable head rest / support for adults in the rear seats and my ask was if the the seat backrest from previous gen VX could be retrofitted in my car :- The response was that this cannot be done and I can get headrests fixed from any third party and there wont be any issue on warranty. I am in fact following this up separately with Honda directly to see if retrofit is possible for rear seats, if customer is willing to spend extra bucks to ensure safety. The response from Honda is not very encouraging, but I am following it up.

After the first service, the mandatory Team-BHP sticker'ing was done and successfully added one more car to the Team-BHP family.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazzrear.jpeg
shinuak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 09:08   #3005
BHPian

I shifted to filling up my 2015 Jazz VX MT with XP95, and noticed a significant positive change in the car's responsiveness between 1300-2500 rpm. I would not like to ever go back to the regular 91 octane fuel.

With upgraded tyres (Michelin XM2+), better engine oil (Idemitsu 0W20 Zepro) and higher octane fuel (XP95), my car drives better today at 50k KMs than it did when it was brand new.

Overall satisfaction from owning this car remains very high.

Edit: cross-posted this observation to the High octane fuels thread

Last edited by vipul_singh : 29th December 2021 at 09:15.
vipul_singh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 10:42   #3006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
I shifted to filling up my 2015 Jazz VX MT with XP95, and noticed a significant positive change in the car's responsiveness between 1300-2500 rpm. I would not like to ever go back to the regular 91 octane fuel.
XP95 is any day better than the significantly overpriced fuel range from Shell (be it the normal one or the Vpower). The normal, non additive based, petrol at Shell Bangalore is pricier than the higher octane xp95 from IndianOil. Its high time that Shell takes note of this and come up with a higher octane petrol at a saner price point like how IndianOil did.
shinuak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 11:59   #3007

Took my Jazz CVT to the hills for the first time in it's 2.5 years with me. Munnar it was.

Though it's a breeze in the stop-gap city traffic, I have not really liked the highway riding manners of the jazz. It struggles badly on the low end of the RPM. S-Mode does help but it always felt like the car was pushed beyond its capabilities during any overtaking manoeuvre. I had very little hopes of having a peaceful trip with 4 adults and a loaded boot.

5 days, 3 tank fills, 1500kms (400+ was in mountains) later, I got to say I am impressed by the 1.2 iVTEC and CVT combo. One of the smoothest drives I have ever had and my family too enjoyed the ride. Stuck to D-mode + Cruise for empty highways and took to S-mode, mostly on steps 3-4-5, for overtakes. On the hills, it was mostly on S-1&2 for steep ups and D-mode for downs and cruise. Did not run AC while on the mountains which helped greatly i guess. The car did not disappoint me on any occasion be it a 45 deg climb and park or no/bad road streches.FE figures were also satisfying considering the driving conditions and terrain. Returned 13kmpl on the hills and 15kmpl on the highway (rode mostly on 100+ speeds)

What did I do better from last time? Why this change of heart? Not sure. Maybe I had low expectations and the results were wow. Or I made peace with my car and drove according to its capacity than pushing it to the limit. Anyways, this short note is for those who may want to know the performance of Jazz CVT on hilly terrains. It sure can and doesn't break a sweat.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-pxl_20220101_103824713.jpg
Parts007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 10:52   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts007 View Post
Took my Jazz CVT to the hills for the first time in it's 2.5 years with me. Munnar it was.

Though it's a breeze in the stop-gap city traffic, I have not really liked the highway riding manners of the jazz. It struggles badly on the low end of the RPM. S-Mode does help but it always felt like the car was pushed beyond its capabilities during any overtaking manoeuvre. I had very little hopes of having a peaceful trip with 4 adults and a loaded boot.

What did I do better from last time? Why this change of heart? Not sure. Maybe I had low expectations and the results were wow. Or I made peace with my car and drove according to its capacity than pushing it to the limit. Anyways, this short note is for those who may want to know the performance of Jazz CVT on hilly terrains. It sure can and doesn't break a sweat.

Attachment 2253893

My 2015 Manual Jazz is a delight to drive but I echo your initial thoughts on driving in the hills.

On the highway, I have no trouble. On a recent trip to Rajasthan, I had great fun. It's optimum driving range is 85-100. It can do beyond that but its not really its area.

Overtaking is also fine and should be on a lower gear, no matter the car you are driving.

In the hills, the low RPM is a near deal breaker. My Dad's old old i10 - nearing the end of its life now - is far superior.

I will acknowledge that I still need to get a grip on Jazz in the hills. Also unsure how the hills of Uttarakhand compare with the hills in Munnar.

Gorgeous car and backdrop image. Need to get better at this.

Last edited by Spaced Out : 5th January 2022 at 10:53. Reason: Add a line about the image used.
Spaced Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 11:46   #3009
BHPian

I have a 2016 Jazz VX MT. I have driven HYD-BLR multiple times, including last week. It can easily do 120 kmph with 4 adults and a kid with boot packed with luggage. I have driven at 115-120 for stretches and it holds its own, very stable and doesn't sound strained. At 80-100 kmph, it returns around 16-17 kmpl. Above 100kmph, it goes down around 15-15.5kmpl.
sanchari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 17:22   #3010
BHPian

Hi everyone, I picked up a pre owned Honda Jazz (Jan 2019 make). Less than 3 years old and in warranty till the 30th of January 2022.

The previous owner has maintained it very well and promptly gave me the service history. The car had only done 9750 km when we bought it. Truly a steal.

I was surprised to see that the service interval was 6 months and you needed to stick to it in order to not void the warranty. This seems like a pure money making tactic.

The car was last serviced in August 2021 itself and has done hardly 600 km since.

My question is: Is there any need to follow this 6 monthly service schedule or is it fine to just get a yearly service done?

Now that the warranty is over, there is absolutely no reason to follow this schedule. Our running is definitely less than 10k km per year. Any tips from all the Jazz owners will be appreciated.

Thanks!
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 18:44   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
Hi everyone, I picked up a pre owned Honda Jazz (Jan 2019 make). Less than 3 years old and in warranty till the 30th of January 2022.

The previous owner has maintained it very well and promptly gave me the service history. The car had only done 9750 km when we bought it. Truly a steal.

I was surprised to see that the service interval was 6 months and you needed to stick to it in order to not void the warranty. This seems like a pure money making tactic.

The car was last serviced in August 2021 itself and has done hardly 600 km since.

My question is: Is there any need to follow this 6 monthly service schedule or is it fine to just get a yearly service done?

Now that the warranty is over, there is absolutely no reason to follow this schedule. Our running is definitely less than 10k km per year. Any tips from all the Jazz owners will be appreciated.

Thanks!
I had a pre-owned 2015 VX which was already out of warranty when I bought it. I just did annual service at a FNG and did not face any issues whatsoever.
knockout is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 12:37   #3012

Quote:

Thanks!
I have a 2016 model honda jazz v manual variant. After the warranty has expired I started servicing it every 10k kms/1 year. It would be just fine!
anikrish90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 21:08   #3013
BHPian

Hi,
Jazz is almost 4 Years and 6 Months old and I felt the need to give it some makeover. Tyres were upgraded to MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 last year and Suspension was given a bit of overhaul this year. I have kept approx. 25k as an annual budget for pampering our Honda Jazz. Planning for new seat covers next year
This helps to keep away the itch of buying a new car away , atleast I hope so, as Jazz is serving us really well in Mumbai traffic and even the Highway trips.
Please find the details as below:

Service Provider: Xpert Car Care, Mumbai
Car Care Package :- 5,250/-
Inclusions :-
* Detailed cleaning of the vehicle exterior
* Tar removal
* Painted surface & windshield decontamination
* Rotary machine compounding
* Polishing
* Securing with Synthetic Paint Sealant
* Intensive Interior Cleaning
* Odor elimination in the car cabin
* Glass Cleaning
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-tbhp-1.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20220131wa0039.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20220131wa0031.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20220131wa0030.jpg  

Shanks_Jazz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 21:22   #3014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks!
If you aren’t going for extended warranty (honda allows till 10 years), absolutely no reason to follow 6 months schedule. Its just a money minting exercise from honda. Even I have a 2019 April model and running is ultra low since covid started (2.5k kms in last 2 years), but due to warranty am sticking to 6 months schedule

Mine is CVT, so I would continue to take extended warranty I guess. Yours’ is cvt or manual? If manual no need to bother for warranty.

Last edited by SoumenD : 31st January 2022 at 21:23.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2022, 23:53   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

shinuak, do keep us updated on your discussion with Honda regarding the seats. I dont see why it should be an issue. Worst case, you can just buy the part from any Honda dealer and get it installed. I too have been thinking about doing something about this issue but since 99.9% of my usage sees just me in the car, I havent pursued it further.

Quote:

I am pretty sure that almost all Honda Jazz owners with running similar to yours have moved to annual services after the warranty expired. My V CVT does less than 6,000 kms a year and an annual service at an FNG suits it perfectly.

I dont have much to report on my Jazz. The armrest that I purchased from Aliexpress does creak if I put a little too much pressure on it. One of the aftermarket tweeters that I installed at a very popular store here, does not seem to be sitting perfectly and I need to get it checked at another store. Other than that, the car just purrs along brilliantly.

I agree with Parts007's feedback on the Jazz in the hills. A few months ago, I had driven to Valparai. It was supposed to be a bike trip with TBHPians but the heavy rains meant that I threw my biking luggage into the back seat and drove to Valparai instead. The car was a gem in the twisties and I enjoyed leaving it in S mode and going up and down the gearbox with the paddleshifters. Im confident that the upsized Continental UC6 tires helped a lot with the wet grip as well. Sure, it may not be a Polo TSI or Abarth Punto , but the car isnt boring like you would expect it to be in such conditions.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20211113_094220.jpg
On the way to Athirapally Falls

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20211113_141647.jpg
There was a lot of fog on the outskirts of Valparai

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20211113_142220.jpg
Did I mention that there was a LOT of fog !

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20211114_115351.jpg
On our return. Fortunately, there wasnt too much fog here so we could get a quick snap.
neil.jericho is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks