Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:02   #1246
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
I checked if the handbrake works well while on slopes. It does not slid back like it did the last time. Maybe it had happened last time due to our not applying it at the right time or properly.

However, I am still finding it difficult to climb slopes in the first car. It climbs up easily in 3rd gear if we climb the slope driving as usual without the need to stop anywhere in between. But if I stop the car midway in the slope (which will happen anyway in case of a traffic jam), it struggles to climb. Many at times, the engine would turn off and I need to start it again. Does anybody else face this problem? Or has it to do with my driving?
Hey,

First time driver with a new Jazz here too. I have specifically tested this scenario couple of times in my Office parking lot which is quite steep. On starting the car mid-slope and going from 1st gear I have not faced any issue and it moves smoothly without putting in acceleration too. So maybe you are not coming to the right biting point on the clutch before releasing it slowly. You may want to test that somewhere.
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:48   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I had a similar problem driving my in-laws Jazz the other day. Stalled twice while taking the car up a buildings entry slope to park the car. I guess you need to have the clutch depressed a bit while revving.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:57   #1248
BHPian

Is this petrol or diesel? If it is petrol then yes you will need to rub the clutch a little harder.

Also, when the car is new clutch is not done bedding yet and it will slip a little bit.
aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 11:26   #1249

Honda Fit (Honda Jazz in Americas) ranked the best small car in J. D. Power 2016 U. S. vehicle dependability study.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-2016_vds_top3_cars_2.jpg  

sunnysran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 13:18   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysran View Post
Honda Fit (Honda Jazz in Americas) ranked the best small car in J. D. Power 2016 U. S. vehicle dependability study.
Let's consider the parameters on the basis of which cars are ranked for the JD Study
  1. Exterior
  2. Engine/Transmission
  3. Audio/Communication/Entertainment/Navigation
  4. Interior
  5. The Driving Experience
  6. Features/Controls/Displays (FCD)
  7. Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC)
  8. Seats
How many of the above parameters does the Indian Jazz share with the US Fit? And I also mean the quality aspect as well.
  1. Same in terms of looks. Sheet metal will definitely be different. I believe the bumpers on the Fit are also different due to regulatory requirements.
  2. Different
  3. Different. I doubt whether the previous gen Jazz even had navigation
  4. Even if we compare the Jazz VX with the top spec Fit I am 100% sure the quality of the Indian Jazz is not as good
  5. Cant really comment. But since the engines are different it will definitely be affected
  6. Different
  7. Cant comment
  8. Same. I guess the previous gen Indian Jazz had Magic seats in all variants. The study says 2013 models. Hence I haven't considered the current generation
When the Indian Jazz differs from the US Fit on so many of the above parameters I really wonder what insights can the Indian customer draw from the study?

How I wish that not just the Jazz but all such 'international' models sold in India were on par with the ones sold in the West.

The parameters were taken from this link

Last edited by Flanker99 : 26th February 2016 at 13:34.
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 15:48   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
How many of the above parameters does the Indian Jazz share with the US Fit?

Indian Jazz differs from the US Fit on so many of the above parameters.
Agree. Fit & Jazz should be considered as two different cars. Before jazz launch in 2015, I was really excited about the car after seeing reviews and specs of Fit. But I was left disappointed with jazz launch. Maybe my expectations were high.

We shouldn't assume Rohan Gavaskar is very good since Sunil Gavaskar was very good. Anyway, rohan is not that bad.
Midas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 23:43   #1252
BHPian

Hello Felloow Bhpians and Jazzians
Today was the D-Day wherein i took the delivery of my first new car (Honda Jazz SV MT Golden Brown i-vtech) from Sundaram Motors, Chennai. I also completed my first wedding anniversary today and the happiness was double and the dealership left no stone un-turned in making the entire car delivery process an absolute delight.

Reached the dealership around 6 PM against the promised time of 4 PM which I gave to the dealership. I had gone to my office on my Honda CB Unicorn, as I wanted to leave early from work. But, as the destiny had it, I was stuck in the office till 4:45 PM and was able to leave immediately thereafter. The traffic on NH-4 was unforgiving and after crossing Hyundai factory near Irungatukottai, I was stuck in lorry and college bus traffic near outer Chennai. Somehow, managed to reach my residence by 6 PM and called Uber and started my ride to the dealership. I requested my wife to come straight to the dealership from her office and guess what, she was completely against the idea of it. Being our anniversary day, I immediately agreed to pick her in the cab and we both happily reached the dealership around 6:40 PM.
My SA Shri Lawrence Yuvaraj was of great assistance and help as he had kept all the documents ready and obtained necessary signatures on the documents required. He also presented a big box of chocolate and wished us on our anniversary. The dealership also offered Jazz printed USB charging port, key rings. We were excited to the core and the anticipation to see our car was tremendous.
Finally we were taken to the delivery bay and the customary Pooja was performed with mantras playing in the background. Sales Manager and the CRM team of dealership came to meet us and greeted and welcomed us in the Honda family. As per the advice of T-BHP I was supposed to carry a token gift for the sales guy, but in the hustle of reaching the dealership I completely forgot to bring the gift along. Nonetheless, I am planning to invite my SA to a small dinner function which I am planning to keep!
A quick photo of the car while being handed over to us was taken with my SA and my SA ensured that before we left the dealership, he printed the photograph and gifted the same in a nice packaging with an elegant glass photo frame. He also presented us a nice looking Honda 2016 calendar.

We left the dealership around 7:45 PM and headed straight to the Bodyguard temple near Chennai Central Railway Station. Today being Friday and an auspicious day lot of cars were waiting for the Pooja to be done. As per the local belief a visit to the Bodyguard Temple post obtainment of a new car is a MUST. I was waiting patiently to park my car with its front end to face East (as per the advice of people performing Pooja). Finally took the token and went inside the temple with car keys and coconut and other items to the priest. Priest took the car keys and flowers and he offered them to the god and returned it to me.
Slowly took the car from the temple with my wife beaming with happiness on her Anniversary Gift as Jazz (ek teer do nishaana! meri gaadi bhi aa gayi aur isko wife ko anniversary ka gift bolke gift ke paise bhi bacha liyee )
Called Dad back home in Bihar and informed him that she (jazz) is home. Like any other dad he advised not to over speed, take it easy till first service, keeping the speed upto 2000 rpms and ensuring she is taken good care of!
At home told wifey not to cook and we ordered her favorite Pizza and hell yes, I am a proud owner of Jazz on my first wedding anniversary!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc02105.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-dsc02106.jpg  

MDED is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 18:47   #1253
BHPian

Hello Friends,
I was trying to pair my phone with BT in my jazz, but couldn't do so. Car's BT system is able to scan and show my phone in the result option, but unfortunately when I am trying to connect, it is not getting connected. What could be the possible reason?
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:54   #1254
BHPian

Hi, can some of the Jazz CVT owners comment on the fuel efficiency in city conditions? I own a 2010 Jazz that gives me a nice 14 kmpl ride. Does CVT come any closer? Also, would the FE be impacted (positively) if we chose to use Paddle Shift?

Apologies if a similar question was already asked.

Thank you.
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:05   #1255
BANNED

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy Jazz top end model. I need a clarification.

Does the new Jazz (top end ) has the following features:

1. Head Light Off Reminder
2. Key-inside reminder.

Kindly reply ASAP, as I am planning to book the car on this week end.

Thanks

Krish
Old 3rd March 2016, 23:04   #1256
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Does the new Jazz (top end ) has the following features:

1. Head Light Off Reminder
2. Key-inside reminder.
Yes it does both.I have jazz CVT, so not sure with the MT

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:12. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 07:50   #1257

I own a VX top variant Petrol. And both these features are available.
Old 4th March 2016, 23:13   #1258
BHPian

Any chance we'll see a price drop in the Jazz after the massive success Baleno has had ?

The Gopinathji dealer in Vadodara is offering me 0 discount on the Jazz and I personally feel the car is very overpriced when compared to the Ford Figo and Maruti Baleno.
Old 4th March 2016, 23:30   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Any chance we'll see a price drop in the Jazz after the massive success Baleno has had ?

I personally feel the car is very overpriced when compared to the Ford Figo and Maruti Baleno.
Highly unlikely. In fact, the reverse will be true. It will be costlier due to the additional taxes as proposed by this budget.

Baleno has long waiting periods (>6 months) and Figo isn't doing well. Won't affect Jazz prices much I believe.

Last edited by TD_GHY : 4th March 2016 at 23:31. Reason: Deleted a part of quoted text
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 00:20   #1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Highly unlikely. In fact, the reverse will be true. It will be costlier due to the additional taxes as proposed by this budget.

Baleno has long waiting periods (>6 months) and Figo isn't doing well. Won't affect Jazz prices much I believe.
The new amaze might result in Jazz getting some discounts. CVT + renewed interiors + boot will tremendously help amaze sales. Top end CVT is almost similarly priced. Sedan over hatchback will be preferred by a lot of people.

Most Viewed