Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2016, 17:02   #1171
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear hershlulla,

Thanks for the update.
I am using my phone as a bluetooth connected phone regularly.

Once while on a long drive, my daughter had tried it. However, she was not successful. The music just came out of the speaker of the phone!

By the way, should the Google Maps' girl's voice be heard from the car's speakers? I am hearing it coming from the mobile phone's speaker.

Thanks in advance,

Girish Mahajan
For the music streaming, once the phone is paired just select the source as bluetooth on head unit and it will play from there.

Regarding google maps, the voice should come through the speakers. I was using it just half an hour back.
tazmaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 17:05   #1172
BHPian

Quote:

Once while on a long drive, my daughter had tried it. However, she was not successful. The music just came out of the speaker of the phone!

By the way, should the Google Maps' girl's voice be heard from the car's speakers? I am hearing it coming from the mobile phone's speaker.

Thanks in advance,

Girish Mahajan
For the music, you can try the 'Connect an Audio Device' option. Should do the trick.

When my Lumia connects to Honda HFT, it gives an option to the apps you want to add in and sync for audio connectivity. I have synced music, radio and maps. I guess you should have something similar? Maybe if you have an Android or iOS, it should definitely have a better interface for adding in related apps to Honda HFT's sync than a Windows!
Old 6th January 2016, 17:05   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
For the music streaming, once the phone is paired just select the source as bluetooth on head unit and it will play from there.

Regarding google maps, the voice should come through the speakers. I was using it just half an hour back.
Dear tazmaan,

I have to learn soooooo much!

Thanks. I am going to try it. This Thursday, I am going from Mumbai to Pune - that will be a good opportunity!

Girish Mahajan
Old 6th January 2016, 22:57   #1174
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Jazz lovers, I notice there are not many long term ownership reviews of the Honda Jazz. My Jazz will soon be 6 years old and it has seen some good and some bad times including the young adults of my family banging it up twice. I am wondering if a long term review of the old Jazz model (2010) will be of use to those who are new owners of this delightful car or are planning to acquire one. Our joint family has experienced some shrinkage lately with young adults flying the nest and we decided to cut out one car from our garage and the toss up was between the Honda Jazz and the Skoda Superb. And the decision is in retaining the Jazz and selling the Superb. The Jazz will now probably stay in the stable till 2020. Best wishes, Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 00:46   #1175
BHPian

Nice comparison from Autocar on i20, Jazz and Baleno.

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...form=hootsuite
Old 7th January 2016, 15:34   #1176
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Dear hershlulla,

Thanks for the update.
I am using my phone as a bluetooth connected phone regularly.
I have yet to understand and use the music streaming facility. Your explanation is lucid enough. Now, I need to try it out!

Thanks in advance,

Girish Mahajan
I have a Honda City which might have a lot of similar equipment. In my experience, bluetooth for music source works, however for maps it is hit or miss. Like today, I was using maps navigation and the sound was correctly coming from the car speakers. Then halfway down, I started playing music. How android handles audio is that when there is a direction the music is supposed to pause and the direction is recited then music continues. Music stopped, however the google maps direction didn't come through the speakers. The same thing works fine while using it over AUX mode with a cable. Checked my google maps settings too and it specifies that it will send audio over bluetooth.
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 17:04   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I have a Honda City which might have a lot of similar equipment. In my experience, bluetooth for music source works, however for maps it is hit or miss. Like today, I was using maps navigation and the sound was correctly coming from the car speakers. Then halfway down, I started playing music. How android handles audio is that when there is a direction the music is supposed to pause and the direction is recited then music continues. Music stopped, however the google maps direction didn't come through the speakers. The same thing works fine while using it over AUX mode with a cable. Checked my google maps settings too and it specifies that it will send audio over bluetooth.
Dear mxh,

Thanks. This hit or miss thing is frustrating indeed!

My daughter used AUX connection on our trip to Nashik. It worked superbly.
On our trip to Mumbai she tried again! It was an abject failure. I cannot understand how AUX can have hit or miss!

ONCE (I think by accident) I actually heard the Google Maps instructions on the car speakers! I was actually trying to make a call - which did not come through and suddenly the Google Maps girl started to talk through my car speakers!! This was on a bluetooth connection with that phone.

Anyway, what this means is that I have to try it again and again till I find the way to do it right!

Girish Mahajan
Old 9th January 2016, 06:33   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Yesterday, I came back from Indore-Matheran trip which is roughly a 1200 kms drive, both ways included. The FE figures were amazing and this, along with comfort level was the highlight of the entire trip. The major reason for concern were the rattles It literally came from everywhere and majorly from dashboard and boot area. I occasionally had to stop the vehicle to locate the source at the boot area since it got really loud at one point. Spent 3-5 mins looking for it but couldn't locate it. It eventually went away on its own before I got home but these rattles are really bothering me. My second service is due and I will report this to Honda and see what they do about it. My take, I'll totally blame it on the plastic quality used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
Finally my dear Jazz has been admitted!

Dealer is checking the seat belt rattle. It also had small scratches on front bumper and rear door. Dealer is charging around Rs 4500. Not sure if that's right amount or not

Hopefully they will resolve the rattle issue!
Hi k.sumit, jazzyv. Any updates on the rattle issue guys? k.sumit, I believe you were supposed to take your Jazz for servicing in late December. Were the rattles resolved and if yes what was the reason mentioned by the workshop for these rattles developing at such an early stage? Would really like to know all the technical details, if possible.
Old 11th January 2016, 11:58   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Music stopped, however the google maps direction didn't come through the speakers. The same thing works fine while using it over AUX mode with a cable. Checked my google maps settings too and it specifies that it will send audio over bluetooth.
Quote:
Dear mxh,

ONCE (I think by accident) I actually heard the Google Maps instructions on the car speakers! I was actually trying to make a call - which did not come through and suddenly the Google Maps girl started to talk through my car speakers!! This was on a bluetooth connection with that phone.

Anyway, what this means is that I have to try it again and again till I find the way to do it right!

Girish Mahajan
I have the same issue with my Vento. When i use navigation (navimaps) from mobile and i keep media (on headunit) as bluetooth, navigation send voice over car speakers. but when i switch the media to usb or play radio, navigation voice is no more passed to headunit/ car speakers.

i just google this and came across this solution but only for google maps:
https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6145865?hl=en

i have highlighted in bold that needs to be done.

i will try this today also in my car (but this feature is only for google maps sadly).

Quote:
Play voice navigation through your phone or car speakers
To play voice navigation through your phone or car speakers, follow the steps below.
Android
  1. Open the Google Maps app .
  2. Touch the menu > Settings > Navigation settings.
  3. To play voice navigation through your phone speakers, uncheck the box next to "Play voice over Bluetooth".
  4. To play voice navigation through your car speakers, check the box next to "Play voice over Bluetooth".
Tip: On the latest version of Google Maps for Android, you can touch Play test sound. You’ll hear "This is what it will sound like when navigating with Google Maps" through your phone or car speakers.
iOS
  1. Open the Google Maps app .
  2. Touch the menu > Settings > Navigation settings.
  3. To play voice navigation through your phone speakers, turn the switch off next to "Play voice over Bluetooth".
  4. To play voice navigation through your car speakers, turn the switch on next to "Play voice over Bluetooth".
If you don’t hear voice navigation through your car speakers, turn the "Play as phone call" switch on when:
  • Your car supports Bluetooth phone calls but not Bluetooth media.
  • You want to hear navigation even when you’re listening to audio other than Bluetooth, like the radio or a CD.
Nicky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 16:33   #1180
Distinguished - BHPian

I did a 1600+ km round trip from Bangalore to Cochin and back for the holidays which included a nice little break at Kollam in between with the Jazz CVT. In the real world, the automatic is just perfect for my usage and driving style. The journey to Cochin was primarily in S mode with the occasional usage of paddle shifters and with the experience of multiple 550 km long Bangalore Cochin drives under my belt, I can confidently say that there has never been one in my Punto that has been as stress free or comfortable as this one.

Where the car really shone though was in the Allepey to Kollam drive where narrow roads and homicidal drivers have you on high alert all the time. Our return from Cochin to Bangalore was in D mode as it was a much more relaxed drive. How fast could we drive anyways? We were left facing 1 km long queues at the last few toll booths and everyone we overtook ended up getting in the faster moving lanes! Karma, sigh!

Great space, comfortable seats, a good engine and a very nice automatic. Suffice to say, Im never buying a car with a manual transmission again.

Last edited by neil.jericho : 11th January 2016 at 16:36.
neil.jericho is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 20:33   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi k.sumit, jazzyv. Any updates on the rattle issue guys? k.sumit, I believe you were supposed to take your Jazz for servicing in late December. Were the rattles resolved and if yes what was the reason mentioned by the workshop for these rattles developing at such an early stage? Would really like to know all the technical details, if possible.
Hi Flanker99! Yes, I did get my second service done on 1st Jan and the SA at Honda was least interested in getting those rectified. So much that I eventually requested one of the guys to drive and sat on the back to locate the rattle. I was able to locate the boot rattle to license plate which was a little loose. They added dual side tape and took care of it.

The dashboard rattle is still present and they had little to no idea how to take care it it. All this while, I felt like I was dealing with local garage guys than an authorized workshop. The SA wrapped up the whole issue saying "SAAAR, it is the bad/hard quality plastic that Honda has used and no matter what you do, it will keep rattling" I had enough from him at this point, mumbled a few profanities; decided to get the routine maintenance work done and get out of there. Thankfully, there's a new authorized workshop that has opened up and I will try those guys when I get my third service done. Overall, it has been a huge disappointment.

Last edited by k.sumit : 11th January 2016 at 20:36.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 23:09   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hi Flanker99! Yes, I did get my second service done on 1st Jan and the SA at Honda was least interested in getting those rectified. So much that I eventually requested one of the guys to drive and sat on the back to locate the rattle. I was able to locate the boot rattle to license plate which was a little loose. They added dual side tape and took care of it.

The dashboard rattle is still present and they had little to no idea how to take care it it. All this while, I felt like I was dealing with local garage guys than an authorized workshop. The SA wrapped up the whole issue saying "SAAAR, it is the bad/hard quality plastic that Honda has used and no matter what you do, it will keep rattling" I had enough from him at this point, mumbled a few profanities; decided to get the routine maintenance work done and get out of there. Thankfully, there's a new authorized workshop that has opened up and I will try those guys when I get my third service done. Overall, it has been a huge disappointment.
After my first free service (Magnum Honda, Yeshwantpur) the rattle sound disappeared, but came back after another 500kms or so. In fact, one of the packing from the lower part of steering column came out when I did a hard brake.

The rattles are now more pronounced and come even in a slightly uneven road. Am seriously thinking of checking it again with the service center next week, though my next service is due in another 2 months.

Will do it with Brigade Honda / Trident Honda this time, the newcomers will need to prove a name in the market, my feeling is they will give much more attention to the problem. Lets hope.
itzvicky201 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 22:25   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, as promised in post #1174 above I have posted a thread on my long term experience with the earlier Jazz with photos. It gives you an idea of what your new buys will be like in 2021! Hope you enjoy reading it. - Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 02:54   #1184
BHPian

Do you hear rattle during low gear lugging or on bad roads only? If the sound is heard on good roads also then following may help-

The common dashboard rattle sound may be actually from the heat shield of catalytic converter. (petrol only)

When you open the bonnet you will see the the heat shield behind the engine, below the firewall. First check if you feel the heat shield us loose or not. If yes then just put your arm down there and bend the shield slightly away from the firewall.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 15:56   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Do you hear rattle during low gear lugging or on bad roads only? If the sound is heard on good roads also then following may help-

The common dashboard rattle sound may be actually from the heat shield of catalytic converter. (petrol only)

When you open the bonnet you will see the the heat shield behind the engine, below the firewall. First check if you feel the heat shield us loose or not. If yes then just put your arm down there and bend the shield slightly away from the firewall.
Hi aerohit. I hear this noise at almost all speeds and all types of road surfaces. Over paver blocks (that have been laid unevenly), over concrete and tar as well. Even at speeds as low at 20-30 kmph (2nd gear) this noise is heard. It definitely seems to be coming from outside the cabin. Almost 100% sure its from the front underside. I tried recording it using my mobile but somehow its not getting picked up.

I had tried searching on Google for a likely source of this metallic sound. I too came across this 'heat shield' issue on few forums. However, when I opened my Jazz's hood I just couldn't identify this particular component. I have almost zero idea of what's there/not there under the hood .
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks