Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 13:38   #1276
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Flanker99,
I had seen the advt for the Honda Connect and I immediately registered for it on the website.
I got a call from them in a very short time.
Unfortunately, I was told that only Jazz cars sold after 15 Dec 2015 can have the device fitted.
I checked with my SA and he too confirmed it. However, he said that he would try to find a way to fit it in my Oct 2015 Jazz V CVT. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
That reminds me - I have to follow up with him!

However, if you can find out how to connect it to a Jazz which has is before 15 Dec 2015, could you please let us all know? Thanking you in advance.

Girish Mahajan
Hello sir. Actually I have no plans to go for the Honda Connect in the near future. But, sometime back, even before I got the Jazz, I did consider a device like http://www.autotranz.in/ for my dad's Etios. If you check the features they are similar to the Honda Connect.

I can't recall which was that particular brand but all I remember was that it was an Indian startup and I had read about it on the Mint newspaper (2014/15). They were offering the device for INR 3,000 - INR 4,000 that time (introductory offer). I had contacted them and asked if the device could work in the WagonR (2001 model) and the Etios (2013). They had replied back saying that only Indian cars with OBD2 port were compatible and hence it could work only in the Etios. They also added that OBD2 ports were added in Indian cars sometime after 2004/2008 (I don't remember the exact date they mentioned).

I had read somewhere that the OBD2 port is not meant for a device to be plugged into it continuously. Some people in US had actually mentioned that keeping a device plugged in the port resulted in electrical malfunction. The device in question was provided by some US insurance companies to monitor the user's driving style and calculate the insurance premium accordingly. After reading such reviews I have suddenly lost interest in such devices.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 14:02   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
And I guess the best place to stay in Ganapatipule would be the MTDC resort? Any alternatives?
Hey Flanker99, can you just drop in a line to me - hershlulla@gmail.com - and i'll get back quickly since today is a VERY light day at work. I wouldn't want the thread to go off track with our travel discussions

I'll give you a complete dump on my experience and what else you could do there.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:05   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
I can't recall which was that particular brand but all I remember was that it was an Indian startup and I had read about it on the Mint newspaper (2014/15). They were offering the device for INR 3,000 - INR 4,000 that time (introductory offer). I had contacted them and asked if the device could work in the WagonR (2001 model) and the Etios (2013). They had replied back saying that only Indian cars with OBD2 port were compatible and hence it could work only in the Etios. They also added that OBD2 ports were added in Indian cars sometime after 2004/2008 (I don't remember the exact date they mentioned).

Dear Flanker99,

This is interesting. Now I HAVE TO call up my SA. I am desperately interested in something like this.

Thanks for the update.

I think the Honda Connect is from Minda.

Girish Mahajan
Old 8th March 2016, 23:06   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Flanker99,

This is interesting. Now I HAVE TO call up my SA. I am desperately interested in something like this.

Thanks for the update.

I think the Honda Connect is from Minda.

Girish Mahajan
Hello Sir.

The device that I had read about in Mint was this: http://mycariq.com. Following was the news article: http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/TIgG...of-Things.html.

That time I had corresponded with Mr. Abhijit. He had told me that Maruti had implemented the OBD2 port in their cars starting 2008. Hence the device was not compatible with my 2001 model WagonR.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 8th March 2016 at 23:11.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 10:47   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir.

The device that I had read about in Mint was this: http://mycariq.com. Following was the news article: http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/TIgG...of-Things.html.

That time I had corresponded with Mr. Abhijit. He had told me that Maruti had implemented the OBD2 port in their cars starting 2008. Hence the device was not compatible with my 2001 model WagonR.
Thanks a lot Flanker99 for sharing this.
I am very busy at present. I will check it out in detail later.

Girish Mahajan
Old 9th March 2016, 10:56   #1281
BHPian

A small issue that happened post 2nd service.

Last month has been very busy for me and post the 2nd service I wasn't able to drive around in the Jazz and was using the Innova. During the short drive over the weekend I found the ride on the Jazz to be very stiff and bouncy. I wondered if I was hungover on Innova ride quality.

But I was sure the ride on my Jazz was never this stiff. I immediately took the car to the gas station and got the tire pressure checked. To my horror all 4 wheels showed 40Psi.

I usually check tire pressure during every visit to the Gas station but since the tank was near full post 2nd service and me being busy, the tire pressure was not checked post 2nd service. I had checked the tire pressure before the 2nd service during the previous top up and it was 32 Psi.

I am shocked as to why Honda would do this. I am going to call the service advisor and give him a earful. The ride is now perfect and not bouncy/stiff post setting the tire pressure to 32 Psi.

I am posting it here so that other owners can be careful regarding the same.
tazmaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 12:59   #1282
BHPian

Is 4. 2+ the going rate for a 2012 single owner, well maintained, Jazz that has run 33,000 kms in Bangalore? Dealer quote here.
Old 14th March 2016, 21:44   #1283
BHPian

I am not a big fan of the beige color in the car and hence headed to Jeewajee car decor on Chamiers Road in Chennai and changed the seat cover to black one for Rs 6500 and got mud flaps installed for Rs 350. The same mud flap was costing Rs 1700 at Honda Dealership.
I would like to also inform that I was able to extract a healthy mileage of 16 kmpl for my short highway ride of 100 kms. The vehicle was driven at 2000 rpm max and at top speed of 80 kmph and phew the ride quality was of supreme quality. In city I am getting mileage of 12 kmpl. I am yet to send the vehicle for first service.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20160314_092913.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20160314_092939.jpg  

MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:25   #1284
BHPian

Did a PDI of my V CVT today at the dealer yard. Should be getting registered and delivered by end of this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
I am not a big fan of the beige color in the car and hence headed to Jeewajee car decor on Chamiers Road in Chennai and changed the seat cover to black one for Rs 6500 and got mud flaps installed for Rs 350. The same mud flap was costing Rs 1700 at Honda Dealership.
MDED I too am not a fan of the beige interiors (especially the fabric seats) and have already ordered Black seat covers outside to be fitted as soon as I get the delivery. You are right that the dealership charges a bomb for everything. I managed to get mud flaps and basic mats without cost from them.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:54   #1285
BHPian

Praveen Jee,
I am happy to note that you are getting door mats and mud flaps as complimentary. Can you please share whether any price hike was levied on the final bill. I have also ordered Zopasu duster for cleaning the new car from flipkart. Jeewajee guys have got lot of stuff for cars. I strongly recommend you visiting them and let's meet sometime in Chennai.
Old 15th March 2016, 10:32   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Did a PDI of my V CVT today at the dealer yard. Should be getting registered and delivered by end of this week!

MDED I too am not a fan of the beige interiors (especially the fabric seats) and have already ordered Black seat covers outside to be fitted as soon as I get the delivery. You are right that the dealership charges a bomb for everything. I managed to get mud flaps and basic mats without cost from them.

Guys getting seat covers do check out Stanley they have 20% off in Mumbai and the seat covers for Honda City is costing 15000/- in Mumbai. I feel its a bargain, if I had that offer before I would have surely installed Stanley.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 14:06   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Praveen Jee,
I am happy to note that you are getting door mats and mud flaps as complimentary. Can you please share whether any price hike was levied on the final bill. I have also ordered Zopasu duster for cleaning the new car from flipkart. Jeewajee guys have got lot of stuff for cars. I strongly recommend you visiting them and let's meet sometime in Chennai.
While the dealer initially insisted that the new cess will be applicable for me since the car was not invoiced, information from the budget thread helped me. I emailed the dealership with articles shared in that thread with Honda Customer care in CC and the dealer then agreed to invoice it at pre-budget price.

Good choice going for the Jopasu. I have been using it for the last few years and nothing beats it in getting the car clean quickly. Also I am on the other side of town (medavakkam) and hence identified an accessory store nearby. I wanted a custom design for the seat cover and it should be ready by tomorrow. I will update on how good/bad it is once it is fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Guys getting seat covers do check out Stanley they have 20% off in Mumbai and the seat covers for Honda City is costing 15000/- in Mumbai. I feel its a bargain, if I had that offer before I would have surely installed Stanley.
Thanks for the info Tazmaan. Since I wanted a custom design, I had ordered it a few days back since it takes some time for them to get the covers ready. But I will try to check out stanley too and see if theres a similar offer going on here.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:22   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Hello all,

Had taken my Jazz V MT (petrol) for a short spin last week - a 1400 km spin from Mumbai - Goa - GanapatiPule - Mumbai. Had taken the Kolhapur-Belgavi-Chorla route to Goa and then the coastal route on the way back.
I am not surprised by the impressive FE given by Jazz petrol. Yesterday, I had taken my Jazz SV MT (petrol) for a 100 kms trip with city driving and NH4 trip and it returned with FE of 16 kmpl (the vehicle is yet to be serviced). On the flip side I am noticing that the suspension is stiff and lot of shakes and bumps of the road get inside the car. I am not pressing beyond 2000 rpm as advised by T-BHP.
Old 15th March 2016, 22:22   #1289

I took my Jazz VMT Petrol for a Pune Mumbai Pune trip recently. The mileage from my home to Vashi was 18.4 kmpl for distance of about 130 km. I maintained speeds between 80 - 120 kmph throughout the trip. Drove in Mumbai traffic for about 120 km which involved lots of traffic after which the mileage came down to 14 kmpl.

The entire trip was done with AC on at all the times.

At the end of the trip, the mileage displayed was 14.8 kmpl, but by the tank full to tank full method, the mileage turned out to be 15.6 kmpl which was a surprise for me. I always fill petrol at the same petrol pump and always ensure that they don't put in more fuel after the pump stops.

Recently during a city only mileage check, mileage as per display was 12.8 kmpl but by the tank method it was 12.6 kmpl which is fairly accurate I think.

I plan to make a Pune - Shirdi - Pune trip on Saturday will post figures for that as well.
singhal.kul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:39   #1290
BHPian

I am in the process of booking a Honda Jazz V MT petrol, and the accessory price list is staggering!
Center armrest: 17500/- !! Is this right? Over 17000 for a center armrest looks rather steep to me.
The dealer is Crystal Honda at Satara.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks