Teaser to the BS6 Jazz!

Honda Jazz : Official Review-bs6hondajazz1068x601.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 13:15   #2777
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Any idea on the service schedule of BS6 Jazz? I hope it is not at every 6 months like BS4 Jazz. If it is then Honda should not launch the car itself IMHO.
The 6 month service schedule thing is way overblown in my opinion. Apart from some minor additional labor charges and possible inconvenience, I don’t see what’s so much different that you are suggesting they shouldn’t be even launching the car?

I actually prefer the 6 month schedule as a passive owner as I feel comfort in the fact that some kind of checks are done every 6 months and early preventive actions taken for problems if any rather than it fester for 6 more months.

Again, with reliability of modern cars I agree that it might not be necessary but I personally feel like it’s worth it to take care of the car once every 6 months. If you are an active owner of the car who do their own maintenance, your mileage can of course vary but that doesn’t mean it applies for everyone.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 6th April 2020 at 13:17.
Yieldway17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 15:16   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
The 6 month service schedule thing is way overblown in my opinion. Apart from some minor additional labor charges and possible inconvenience, I don’t see what’s so much different that you are suggesting they shouldn’t be even launching the car?

I actually prefer the 6 month schedule as a passive owner as I feel comfort in the fact that some kind of checks are done every 6 months and early preventive actions taken for problems if any rather than it fester for 6 more months.

Again, with reliability of modern cars I agree that it might not be necessary but I personally feel like it’s worth it to take care of the car once every 6 months. If you are an active owner of the car who do their own maintenance, your mileage can of course vary but that doesn’t mean it applies for everyone.

Ditto for me! And they dont cost a bomb as well - my NHC was regularly serviced every 6 months and overall cost is not high for the yearly average. Best part is better piece of mind!!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 16:51   #2779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post

A few points to make here.
1. I am not an owner of this car but was considering it as my next car a year ago. Dropped that based on a multiple reviews online since that was the only source around.
2. 6 months are way too less for oil change if car does not run for 10,000 Kilometers in that time for new generation cars. Are Honda service centers not changing oil every 6 months?
3. Taking care of car every 6 months is a valid thing and I too do that for my cars but again that is not the "service" interval, rather it is generic checkup and that too is optional.
4. Honda parts are not inexpensive and so as the labour and assuming similar maintenance required like other cars, this extra service adds to more stress to pocket.
5. Honda technology is way superior to many competitors but with BS6 launch Honda can always correct the official schedule to 1 year / 10,000 KM like any other of their vehicles.
6. I too do not want to see Jazz disappearing from market but Honda needs to correct their actions rather than customers correcting their own by switching to other vehicles due to non affordability.
Old 6th April 2020, 17:10   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
A few points to make here.
1. I am not an owner of this car but was considering it as my next car a year ago. Dropped that based on a multiple reviews online since that was the only source around.
2. 6 months are way too less for oil change if car does not run for 10,000 Kilometers in that time for new generation cars. Are Honda service centers not changing oil every 6 months?
3. Taking care of car every 6 months is a valid thing and I too do that for my cars but again that is not the "service" interval, rather it is generic checkup and that too is optional.
4. Honda parts are not inexpensive and so as the labour and assuming similar maintenance required like other cars, this extra service adds to more stress to pocket.
5. Honda technology is way superior to many competitors but with BS6 launch Honda can always correct the official schedule to 1 year / 10,000 KM like any other of their vehicles.
6. I too do not want to see Jazz disappearing from market but Honda needs to correct their actions rather than customers correcting their own by switching to other vehicles due to non affordability.
Its seemed more like a minor and a major service. And no, they didnt change the oil every 6 months. Perhaps they are scared if you have a Team-BHP sticker
Very rarely the parts fail - I havent changed anything meaningful in 12+ yrs on my NHC (though it has run only 73K). But yes, they are expensive indeed.

I am not too sure on Honda tech being far superior - atleast not with the products offered here in India lately. They are just milking the engines and the image they built. Nothing class-leading coming up even with the new Civic or the City. Infact I wonder if Honda have lost faith in Honda India's abilities to execute.
Old 9th April 2020, 10:44   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Any little birdie knows about the launch dates for the Jazz? Hope they make it look like the previous (current?) generation one in Thailand/US. Minor yet subtle changes on the nose.
Old 9th April 2020, 13:37   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Any little birdie knows about the launch dates for the Jazz? Hope they make it look like the previous (current?) generation one in Thailand/US. Minor yet subtle changes on the nose.
I believe the LED headlight update was not made last time due to India's 4 meter rule. The new LED lights required a new bumper which is a bit longer and would make the car over 4 meter and disqualify it for the tax benefit. Hence I think the update would still be just the BS6 engine as other cars also uses the same engine.

But if I was Honda, I know that this is the best time for something like a India specific LED headlight, LED DRL's and some interior update, and most importantly bringing back the magic seats!
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2020, 18:43   #2783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
I believe the LED headlight update was not made last time due to India's 4 meter rule. The new LED lights required a new bumper which is a bit longer and would make the car over 4 meter and disqualify it for the tax benefit. Hence I think the update would still be just the BS6 engine as other cars also uses the same engine.

But if I was Honda, I know that this is the best time for something like a India specific LED headlight, LED DRL's and some interior update, and most importantly bringing back the magic seats!

If it were just BS6 engines, they would have launched much sooner as its same as whats in the Amaze. I do believe it will be some minor cosmetic changes. The Jazz is costlier to make and magic seats would mean even higher prices. Likely they wont. The 2018 feature revamp was significant and they would take that further IMO. New colors & shoes and maybe even more sleeker volvo-like tail lamps. Honda being Honda, they will price it 25K higher for sure!
Old 10th April 2020, 10:18   #2784
Distinguished - BHPian

BS6 Jazz on tests:

Likely to feature minor cosmetic tweaks.

Quote:
The updated model will come with a BS6-compliant, 1.2-litre petrol engine, which should continue to produce 90hp and 110Nm of torque. The 100hp/200Nm, 1.5-litre diesel will also be upgraded to meet the new emission requirements. Gearbox options on offer with the BS6 Jazz will be similar to that of the recently updated Amaze compact sedan, as both engines will come paired to a 5-speed manual unit, while the 1.2-litre petrol will also continue to get a CVT automatic gearbox. The Jazz diesel, however, may not come with a CVT option.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20200409072337_hondajazzfacelift1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20200409072341_hondajazzfacelift2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th April 2020 at 10:19.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 13:44   #2785
Senior - BHPian

This is how the 2020 Honda Jazz BS6 will look like.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-hondafit2018102406.jpg

Going by the spy shots above, it is clear that Honda will be offering front facia of US Spec 2018 Honda Fit. The bumpers, grille, Air dams are all clues of what can be expected.

Wish Honda changed those alloys as well which they have done on other cars when they launched facelifts (City/Civic/CR-V). Also, if at all Honda is looking at selling this, they better add more features.

Fact - 10 year old Volkswagen Polo is better equipped than 5 Year old Honda Jazz.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2020, 20:36   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
they better add more features.

Fact - 10 year old Volkswagen Polo is better equipped than 5 Year old Honda Jazz.

What features are you expecting or wishing to be added on ?

I think you will surely be disappointed because Honda India doesn't listen. I have written to them many times highlighting that the Jazz and WRV need not require but need the 1.5 petrol engine, 6 airbags, and rear arm rest to complete them. However the wish list keeps getting ignored. So don't hold your breath.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 10:24   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Thanks - this is the minimum expected from a facelift!
Yes more features would be welcome although I highly doubt!

Does it have DRLs? Length would remain under 4m with this? I thought they didnt bring this on last time due to the length (slightly) crossing 4m.
Old 16th April 2020, 09:17   #2788
Senior - BHPian

This is it,

Presenting the New Updated 2020 Honda Jazz

Honda Jazz : Official Review-jazz.jpg

As rightly predicted, it gets Bumpers & Grille from US Spec Honda Fit, and gains LED Headlights & Fog Lights.

More Details will be available in coming days,

Looks like Honda is finally realizing their mistakes and correcting them before inevitable happens.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 16th April 2020 at 09:20.
CarguyNish is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 18:15   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
As rightly predicted, it gets Bumpers & Grille from US Spec Honda Fit, and gains LED Headlights & Fog Lights.
Although the changes are very welcome, this is not exactly a US spec. The bumper is indeed Indian spec as it wont have the bulge as in the US spec for not breaching the 4m Indian rule. I wonder why they did not do the LED headlight update last time. The lost market is still lost whatever they do now with the current generation. Also, I hope they change that touch controls for the AC !
Old 19th April 2020, 10:35   #2790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Although the changes are very welcome, this is not exactly a US spec. The bumper is indeed Indian spec as it wont have the bulge as in the US spec for not breaching the 4m Indian rule. I wonder why they did not do the LED headlight update last time. The lost market is still lost whatever they do now with the current generation. Also, I hope they change that touch controls for the AC !
The bumper has to stay within 4m, so it has to be India specific. I like the current (this) model way better than the new one launched (or launching) in Thailand. Not sure if they will launch the new shape in US - still same. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/hond...tos/sd-BBY5xu4

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks