Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 04:20   #1096
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Sumit, this is a innovative idea.

Request you to create a separate thread with a detailed review. This may help in others also who faces similar issues. I know of another TBHPian who got his ride vandalized similar way.
Sure, will try to compile an exhaustive review of the product and post it soon.
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 14:24   #1097

Hello All,
Finally my team-bhp registration has been approved
Thank you @suhaas307 for detailed review. It helped me finalize my decision.

I received my Honda Jazz V iDTec (White Orchid Pearl) on 22 October. I did not get any discount except free body cover + mats. I purchased Honda genuine parking sensors, bumper protectors, 3M coating done.

My odometer is 1600+ KMs now. 50% city + 50% highways as of now.

What did I like?
Space- I am huge fan of leg space, head room and boot space Jazz offers to me In fact this was most important parameter for me.

Safety- Twin SRS airbags, ABS with EBD, Immobiliser makes me glad on safety front.

Design- I really liked the crossfade monoform sporty design. Awesome job done by design team

Interiors- Initially I had planned for Amaze. But as soon as I entered Jazz, I could clearly see drastic difference in terms of interior quality. AVN is really amazing. Bluetooth, USB, Aux, Touchscreen, Integrated calling features. Speakers are too good, beyond my expectations. Steering mounted controls, Auto AC, Adjustable steering, Cup holders make it complete car...Everything is packed in so called hatchback.

Mileage- Though Honda claims 27.3, I got on avg. 22-23 km/lit. I am satisfied with it.

[b]What I did not like?[/B]
NVH levels of diesel engine. Those could have been smoother considering price tag of 10 lacs..But with music ON, its all bearable

Issues?
I am getting constant rattle from driver side seat belt. I reported it in my first service. Crystal Honda Pune guys ignored my request and said its zip noise. I again took my car back to them and asked service manager to sit next to me and showed him that its coming from seat belt. They could not fix the issue and have reported it to Honda. I am still waiting for their response..few days back I was told, its pending with Honda R&D..I am concerned as seat belt is really critical safety component.
jazzyv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 17:09   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I have received the center arm-rest from aliexpress. I have assembled it and installed it. It fits in well no hindrance with hand brake, gives good support, fit and finish is good. Could not click pictures since I left my phone at home while installing it. Pictures will follow soon.

Some pics of center arm rest. The arm rest is good and fits in perfectly. The sliding mechanism is good but rattles when its is kept sliding half way. So I either completely slide it forward or push it back.

Front view
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7992.jpg

Side view

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7991.jpg

Side view with top slide forward

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7994.jpg

Side view with slide forward and tilt towards passenger.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_7995.jpg
tazmaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 17:47   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
Issues?
I am getting constant rattle from driver side seat belt. I reported it in my first service. Crystal Honda Pune guys ignored my request and said its zip noise. I again took my car back to them and asked service manager to sit next to me and showed him that its coming from seat belt. They could not fix the issue and have reported it to Honda. I am still waiting for their response..few days back I was told, its pending with Honda R&D..I am concerned as seat belt is really critical safety component.
Hi jazzyv. You won't believe this but I think my issue was similar to what you are facing. This 'rattle' is actually the noise from the zip of the headrest seat cover. You see that 'tiny' thing that you have to grip if you have to open/close the cover. That is might be rubbing against the zip track. This was the case in my car. Only difference being it was coming from the front passenger seat side. It seems like a small thing but it used to make an awful racket. Initially even I thought it was the seat belt. One time I actually drove back from office with the passenger seat belt put on (without any passenger ) to determine if that was the cause.

What I did then is to slightly open the zip then close it in such a way that this 'tiny' thing is now lying partly inside the cover securely. This way it doesnt rub against the zip track. Try this and see if it works.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 17th December 2015 at 17:49.
Old 17th December 2015, 18:31   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi jazzyv. You won't believe this but I think my issue was similar to what you are facing. This 'rattle' is actually the noise from the zip of the headrest seat cover. You see that 'tiny' thing that you have to grip if you have to open/close the cover. That is might be rubbing against the zip track. This was the case in my car. Only difference being it was coming from the front passenger seat side. It seems like a small thing but it used to make an awful racket. Initially even I thought it was the seat belt. One time I actually drove back from office with the passenger seat belt put on (without any passenger ) to determine if that was the cause.
Strangely I did exact same thing!
I applied some packing on the zip head and it stopped the rattle.

However, I still hear a very light sound from the passenger side dashboard on bad roads. It think it is not dashboard itself but may be some wire/part inside. It seems that the sound comes from inside the left AC vent. Since this is not a very disturbing sound, I will take this up with Honda in my next servicing after assuring that this indeed is the case.
Old 17th December 2015, 19:05   #1101
BHPian

After about 3 weeks of back and forth with dealers, I booked my Jazz V MT Petrol from Linkway Honda at Goregaon, Mumbai, last Thursday. Delivery could have been tomorrow since they take just 5 working days (as the car was in stock, mfd in Nov). But since the family will be together on Sunday, we'll pick it up then.

So far, so good. All seems on track and I received a call that the car will be reaching the showroom tomorrow morning post registration and all formalities. I'll probably go visit on Saturday - a bit of meet and greet before bringing the car home.

Looking to do a thorough post on the buying experience soon! It's been a roller coaster, as my good friend Shivang here would agree, since we were on this ride together for most of the buying journey!
hershlulla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 19:40   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
Strangely I did exact same thing!
I applied some packing on the zip head and it stopped the rattle.

However, I still hear a very light sound from the passenger side dashboard on bad roads. It think it is not dashboard itself but may be some wire/part inside. It seems that the sound comes from inside the left AC vent. Since this is not a very disturbing sound, I will take this up with Honda in my next servicing after assuring that this indeed is the case.

Hi jeet8686. I have been facing the same issue. Some rattling noise coming from the left hand side of the dashboard. It has become rather loud since Monday. I don't recall if Jazz's SV variant has the power folding rear-view mirrors but can you also check if you can hear some clicking noise clicking noise when the passenger side rear-view mirror is folding in/out? I hear such a noise in my car. Wondering if that is somehow related to the rattle.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 17th December 2015 at 19:42.
Old 17th December 2015, 20:09   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Hi jeet8686. I have been facing the same issue. Some rattling noise coming from the left hand side of the dashboard. It has become rather loud since Monday. I don't recall if Jazz's SV variant has the power folding rear-view mirrors but can you also check if you can hear some clicking noise clicking noise when the passenger side rear-view mirror is folding in/out? I hear such a noise in my car. Wondering if that is somehow related to the rattle.
Jazz SV variant doesn't come with power folding rear-view mirrors and mirrors do not seem to be the source in my case.

I will update the thread if I find something.

On a separate note, my car came from 2nd servicing a few days back. Now the car seems to be responding better to throttle changes in 2nd gear. Is it just me or any one else has also experience this?

The service invoice mentions cleaning of air filter. This might just be helping.
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 18:09   #1104

I checked if rattle is from head rest zip. However it is for sure coming from within the seat belt. I think it's now started coming from front passenger seat belt too.
Old 19th December 2015, 19:00   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyv View Post
I checked if rattle is from head rest zip. However it is for sure coming from within the seat belt. I think it's now started coming from front passenger seat belt too.
Kindly ask the service center to check the A-pillar as well.
If I remember correctly, similar noise was reported in the City review thread as well, the root cause of which was ultimately diagnosed to be the A-pillar.

In the last few pages on this thread, I see quite a few annoying rattles and noises being reported. Looks like Honda is giving less importance to quality control. My old Jazz is 5+ years 60000 kms old and still runs rattle free. Just a couple of months back, I had my first rattle which was due to a front door speaker had become loose (expected after all the torture which it had to bear over the years) which was fixed in no time. Now, it's again butter smooth and rattle free.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 17:29   #1106
BHPian

The rattle coming from the boot area in my Jazz was getting annoying so I decided to solve it my self.

Went rattle hunting on Sunday and narrowed it down to the reflector triangle that comes with the safety kit. There are wire type ties given to fasten the triangle when folded which were loose. Tightened them put the triangle under the rear mattings and the rattle is gone.

My Jazz currently is free from any rattles after 4000 kms!

I have installed seat covers from my trusted vendor, will post some pictures soon.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 19:51   #1107
BHPian

Went for a PDI of my Carnelian Red Jazz VMT i-VTEC today and there was a surprise lined up for us-

I was given a choice between 2 red cars shod with either the GoodYears or MRFs. Thinking that GY is a better brand, had given a go ahead to the one with the GY tires. From RavenAvi's review of the City, got to know that his car was equipped with the GY GT3s that are widely loathed on our forum. And there started our worries. The more I read about them, the more I got confused as teamfiat had people rooting for them. Moreso, an upgrade wasn't at all on the cards.

However, the ones on the car turned out to be from the GY Assurance series that has garnered a lot of support here. Not sure about how good or bad they fare compared to the Michelins but, aren't as bad as the GT3s for sure! Experts please confirm.

All clear from the PDI standpoint. My dad and I also got a chance to drive her around (within the stockyard ) so, we are one happy lot!

Some pictures below -

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2890.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2892.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2891_1.jpg  

Last edited by MetalBuff : 21st December 2015 at 20:17.
MetalBuff is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 13:45   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Went for a PDI of my Carnelian Red Jazz VMT i-VTEC today and there was a surprise lined up for us-

All clear from the PDI standpoint. My dad and I also got a chance to drive her around (within the stockyard ) so, we are one happy lot!

Some pictures below -

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Congrats on your new Car! Red suits the car well. Can you elaborate a bit more on the booking process? Did the dealer have the car ready in stock? Did you have to pay the full amount to do the PDI or were you able to do the PDI after booking and then handed over the payment?
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:51   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Congrats on your new Car! Red suits the car well. Can you elaborate a bit more on the booking process? Did the dealer have the car ready in stock? Did you have to pay the full amount to do the PDI or were you able to do the PDI after booking and then handed over the payment?
Thanks much, Praveen.

We were set on the Orchid Metallic White shade but, when we checked out a Carnelian Red that was ready for delivery, our hearts skipped a beat! Honestly, we have always have had a thing for red cars

We had 2Carnelian Red Jazz's to choose from and Linkway Honda let us make the choice between the two. We picked the one shod with the Goodyear Assurance tires.

Paid the booking amount on 18th Dec , and the PDI was yesterday. Now that we know about and checked out "our" car, we will make the rest of the payment by 25th/ 28th Dec so, that the car is invoiced. So, this way we'll be protected against the speculated price increase and also, the car will be 2016 registered.

But, the PDI process is dealer specific. With Linkway Honda, the experience has only been exemplary so far! Not sure if it would be the same with Solitaire Honda as, they do not entertain PDI requests at any costs!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 22nd December 2015 at 17:17.
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:43   #1110
BHPian

I have a question for all of us here -

hershlulla ( picked up an Urban Titanium Jazz VMT i-VTEC on Sunday ) and I noticed that the output of the stereo system is particularly low when songs are streamed via Bluetooth. The same isn't the case with the 4th gen Honda City. Any similar observations? Was anyone able to get around this?

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 22nd December 2015 at 17:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks