Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:46   #436
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Just made the advance payment for a Taffeta White Jazz V CVT ... attaching the price sheet in case any one wants to have a look, I'm not sure if the Chennai price list is already on this thread or not.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-150723_213030_1.jpg
reihem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:12   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
People that do not want to spend more and want a diesel are looking at Beat/ Celerio. Others are looking at spending a few lakhs more and getting a sedan.
I'm sure some will look towards the Zest, specially XTA variant. It is pure VFM with diesel automatic, premium interiors, ample space, high quality Harman Kardan Touch screen music system and more importantly well built body and safety features.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:26   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
3. Fit and finish IS inferior to the i20. The previous jazz was an extreme example of the honda tag, but this one does not look and feel like a honda. The quality of plastics used are so cheap that, even maruthi altos feel kind of using jazz like plastic these days.

Not abusing the new Jazz, but it cant hold a candle in front of the old jazz and even the new i20. Not bashing anyone but seeing many in this forum comparing it against the i20 and bashing the i20 thoroughly.
Hmm..well I don't doubt your intentions but saying the Jazz interior quality etc (which is virtually the same as City) is same as the Alto is taking things too far I guess.

I am not saying Jazz is better than I20 and all.. it depends on what the buyer wants and his preferences. I agree though that the old Jazz felt more premium than the new one. But, that didn't find many takers for the premium price tag. Now, Honda has tried to play to the masses. Let's see how the market responds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Just made the advance payment for a Taffeta White Jazz V CVT ... attaching the price sheet in case any one wants to have a look, I'm not sure if the Chennai price list is already on this thread or not.

Attachment 1394919
Congrats man and wish you many happy miles with the car.
Do share your experiences with the car once you take the delivery.

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd July 2015 at 22:28.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:01   #439
BHPian

Quote:
congrats mate. wishing you a very happy experience with the car. Good choice as its a brilliant vehicle. Please do share in your after sales/pre delivery inspection and first drive experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
Upon asking the waiting period for diesel, they are saying 2-3 months. Question to all Bangalore members to validate if they have really so many bookings for diesel or they are just creating an artificial demand.
Bangalore has always been a high demand city and I have personally seen dealers stock vehicles and provide it to certain people quicker than the rest.
On Dakshin Honda - Who is your sales rep? There would be a senior sales rep called Manvinder. He used to drive an esteem. he can do something to shorten the waiting period (from my previous experiences).

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th July 2015 at 10:59. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 24th July 2015, 10:19   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That's basically the long story short.
Provide magic seats on the V variant even if that means a price increase of 10-15K and scrap the VX variant. That way, the V variant will be priced at par with the I20 Asta and become a very good option IMO.
I would go even further and say make magic seats standard across the board please....
You will definitely see a jump in sales numbers. Then the SV variant will be a block buster!
Looks like Honda is not interested in high volume sales.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 10:23   #441
BHPian

What sort of booking did you guys (who have booked) pay ? I paid 21K for my Ciaz ZXi AT in December not long after launch ... Was surprised that I was asked to pay 51K for the Jazz !
Old 24th July 2015, 10:52   #442
BHPian

I'm looking for a auto transmission vehicle for my sister under 10L confused between Jazz CVT and Figo aspire DCT which engine is better ??
My concerns are ease of maintenance, good fuel economy and long term reliability
Should I wait for Figo aspire ???
Any other cars to be considered ??
I excluded VW polo GT TSI simple because it costs around 10.7L in Bangalore and high ownership costs since my sister is not an enthusiastic driver.
Old 24th July 2015, 11:32   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
I'm looking for a auto transmission vehicle for my sister under 10L confused between Jazz CVT and Figo aspire DCT which engine is better ??
My concerns are ease of maintenance, good fuel economy and long term reliability
Should I wait for Figo aspire ???
Any other cars to be considered ??
I excluded VW polo GT TSI simple because it costs around 10.7L in Bangalore and high ownership costs since my sister is not an enthusiastic driver.
My 2 cents -
The Aspire AT will come with the 1.5 engine..so it should give better performance though the FE will be lower.

I am very happy with the maintenance and long term reliability of my Jazz.. I have never owned a Ford but have heard mixed views about long term maintenance and service costs. Talking to few Ford owners might help. Also, it depends a lot on the local dealerships of the respective brands at your place.

If you like the looks and feature set of the Aspire and you want good performance, it might be prudent to wait for the launch.
Otherwise, if you want good FE and okay with the performance of the Jazz CVT, you can go ahead.
Did you test drive the CVT variant of the Jazz?

Last edited by adimicra : 24th July 2015 at 11:44.
Old 24th July 2015, 12:59   #444
Team-BHP Support

Seeing what Hyundai did with the Creta, I think Hyundai would really set the cat among the pigeons if it launched its i20 diesel in A/T that too in a couple of variant options.
Old 24th July 2015, 15:10   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just made the advance payment for a Taffeta White Jazz V CVT ...
Congratulations Reihem. Look forward to your initial owners experience. Please do write about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Anilkumar, I cannot comment on the Ford Figo as I've never driven it or ridden in it. But as a 5 year Jazz owner I can say that the Jazz will provide you moderate cost of ownership, ease of maintenance and hassle free service. In 35 plus years of driving I have owned 10 different car models and had long term driving experience on 12 and the Jazz tops the list in trouble free driving & maintenance experience. The old Maruti Zen came next in line. All the best with your decision.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 17:15   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Honda is definitely a better company than Hyundai by a long mile. If one wants to compare other factors at least they are reliable and reason enough to get a Honda.
If we talk about diesel engined cars, Hyundai is a veteran in the diesel car industry and produced lots of cars which screamed butterflies in the head of the honda. Do you remember how honda city sales dropped after the verna was launched? Similarly the first jazz sales were eaten by the diesel i20. Now again, history repeats.

But hyundai did something new. They launched the i20 with lots of features, but reduced the features after honda launched the jazz. They came to know, jazz cant bite a pie from their car sales

Just compare Jazz vs elite diesel after a thorough test drive and you will tell the same too.

NVH & Refinement? Elite
Style? Elite (Personal)
Bigger rubbers with bigger alloys? Elite
Better fit and finish: Elite
Better thickness for sheet metal? Elite (If you are unsure, open the bonnet of both cars to check the sheet metal thickness. Can find at doors too)
Better interiors: Elite
Comfort on normal/low pothole roads: Elite
Features & Gizmos: Elite

Interior Space: Jazz
Boot Space: Jazz
FE: Jazz
Comfort on high pothole roads: Jazz

Cornering: TIE
Steering: TIE (Those who are arguing about the lousy steering of i20 are the ones who have driven the old i20 and have seen the new one only in pictures)

Now how the diesel honda can be better than the diesel hyundai?
Old 24th July 2015, 17:34   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Steering: TIE (Those who are arguing about the lousy steering of i20 are the ones who have driven the old i20 and have seen the new one only in pictures)
I agree with most points you have mentioned Vishnu. But regarding the steering, I will have to disagree.

I did do a decent test drive of the Elite i20 CRDi Asta and hence my opinion is NOT based on the old i20 or on pictures. The steering looked good and was excellent to hold on too. But on the move, at least till 80 kmph, the i20's steering felt very light and vague and offered no feedback. It was fairly precise but did not give me the confidence that my Dzire ZXi's steering gave me. It was not as bad as the Santros or the old i20s, but it is still one of the lightest EPS units I have driven. Based on my experience with City and Amaze diesels, I feel the Jazz iDTEC's steering will be better than the i20's steering.

Disclaimer: I HAVE NOT driven the Jazz diesel yet. My opinion on Jazz's steering is based my experience with City iDTEC steering. So I might be wrong.
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:05   #448
BHPian

How the Jazz saved me a couple of thousand bucks.

Had gone to check out the Jazz the other day. Its the lack of those magic seats across all the trims that disappointed me a lot.
Sitting comfortably and making use of the space should not have been made a luxury item. It would have made a very strong point for Honda to advertise the celebration of space in all variants of the Jazz. That, in a way could have justified the price too.

I like to drive in the nights when my son is fast asleep and reach the destination by the time he wakes up. Well before the launch, i was dreaming about making one side of the rear a makeshift bed for him and use the other side to load the luggage and occasionally i too can take a nap while my wife is at the wheel. I have even zeroed on the sleeping bags and yoga mats at Decathalon. After going that far in terms of pre planning, i have to return with a lump in my throat unable to decide what to do.

As it stands today, thanks to Jazz as it saved me a couple of thousand bucks which i was planning to spend on those sleeping mats and stuff.

Regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:20   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Allow me to put down a slightly different line of thought.

With due respect to all views expressed on this thread I am not sure why some are comparing the Honda Jazz with the Hyundai Elite. Those two may be the closest comparables in terms of parameters set by car makers and car aficionados but the ordinary man or woman trying to arrive at a decision will in all probability follow a completely different route and make comparisons with a completely different set of cars. For the majority of car buyers ie 95%, maybe, a car purchase is a very important family decision and the first factor that gets set is the budget range. After that usually everything else is up for evaluation and often times you maximize what you can get in the budget you have set. For the 5% car enthusiasts who constitute folks like all of us on Team BHP interiors or USB or keyless entry or acceleration may come top up. For the other 95% maximum car for the rupee, fuel consumption, space will come first. Hopefully for some safety will be on that list too but often is not. Then come looks, colour, ICE and interiors. When we bought the XC60 the cars we evaluated were E-class, A6, Volvo S80, ML350, Audi Q5 & Camry Hybrid. If you go strictly by comparison these cars belong to at least three and a half different segments the way car makers and auto magazines view it. Earlier when we bought the Honda Jazz [first generation] the others in contention were Ritz, Getz, Dzire and the VW Beetle (yes you heard right) - decisions get driven by the heart - and I was looking for a daily commuter with some pizzazz. I would have bought the Beetle but for the fact that the VW dealership twice refused a test drive even though I was willing to cut a cheque right then. They said the Beetle is so iconic that VW company policy does not permit test drives. This was a new one. For most families buying a car it is usually a joint decision between two or more individuals and I dont think any buyer in the 95% bucket will say we will compare only the Elite and Jazz and go feature by feature. I suspect both Jazz and Elite will sell well and for the greater good of all us customers that will be the best desired outcome. - Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 19:45   #450
BHPian

Took delivery of the Petrol VX today. The colour is pearl white metallic. Had booked the diesel initially but changed to petrol after a brief test drive. Diesel is noisy and we have very limited running. Also changed the dealer from Vivan to Peninsular Honda as Vivan didn't have pearl white ready. CVT would have been the choice but not available readily. Also even though ARAI figures are better, I think the manual will still be less thirty. Will post some pictures later. Cannot do this from my phone for some reason...:(
Catamaran is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks